mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied Fungusfeaster's Lore Team Application

fungi

Level 3
IGN: fungusfeaster

What is your discord name and tag (name#0000)?: mila#8697

What is your timezone/What country are you from?: EST

Do you have a microphone and are able to speak VIA discord?: Yup.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you can be removed from the team at any given time?: Yes.

What makes you different from other applicants?: I’m sure the fact that I willingly choose to play an animal over a human is a little unusual, but I like to think it adds to my strange charm. It has also helped me develop my roleplaying skills, as they are tested more often by the unnatural manner of roleplaying an animal different than yourself. However, when I dedicate myself to a project I always go 100%, and my slightly-alarming perfectionism can help to make my work stand out. I believe that I can be extremely dedicated to whatever piques my interest and I’ve been trying to work up the courage to apply to this team for a long time. I have a lot of energy to give while I’m cooped up inside, and I’m willing to give it all to this team far past when this quarantine ends.

Do you have any previous experience writing any lore?: I wrote some lore for a couple in-character families and I’ve helped out some of my friends with writing their character backstories.

WRITING PROMPTS

Writing prompt #1

Write a 200+ word essay on an average day for your character in Karakura.

As the sun shone on the back of the small, patterned kitten she rose from her preferred napping nook, the garden of her mom’s expansive estate. She squeezed under the gap in the door, ready to tread the asphalt of the town. Her days were spent extravagantly, lazying around Karakura and enjoying the snacks and toys her soon-to-be friends would often gift her. However, no hand nor gift would ever compare to that of her owner, Itsumi Saiky. On this day she found her rushing to the hospital, her brow knotted and her baby in tow. Aki-chan obviously preferred her owner before she took on the time-consuming parenthood, but she loved her just the same as she did before she had given birth to her child. She was rather indifferent about the baby itself. A curious peep into the cradle often earned her a punitive word or two, and ever since the first lecture on safety she decided to remain a safe distance away from the child. It irked her sometimes that another small, cuddly creature was gaining the attention of her owner, Itsumi, but at least she wouldn’t have to think about it while she was out on the town.

Prancing straight to the busy gate of the schoolyard, she stopped only to pounce on a butterfly or paw angrily at a tulip. She enjoyed confronting the wide eyes of the people she met, and she certainly enjoyed their gentle hands that combed her body lovingly whenever she would allow them to get close. Aki was a very agreeable pet, as dog-like as a cat could be. She fetched, she licked, and she would often roll over for a stomach rub. Thankfully, on this day there were many stomach rubs to be given. She weaved in between the legs of those surrounding her, purring happily and singing a sweet, high note. Unfortunately, she did not approach the young man attempting to sling her under his arm in such an agreeable manner. She left the scene with ruffled hair and a speck of blood on her claw, trotting with a haughty gait. It was not enjoyable being tossed around like a toy, but she would be lying if she said she didn’t enjoy distributing justice to those who bugged her. And thus, the four hours of non-sleep in her day had elapsed. Luckily for her, she had a long life of romping around town ahead.

Writing prompt #2

Write a 300+ word essay on your character. Tell us about his/her history? What leads them to be the way they are?

Born in the shelter of an old rotten picnic table and found under a bush with a terrible eye infection, Aki-chan’s early life is pretty much what you would expect out of a street cat. Her family tree spans across many generations of born-under-picnic-table-cats, one or twice divulging into the tree of a pure-bred, long-haired, proper looking animal. There isn’t much to set her apart from any other calico kitten; she loves to eat, she loves to play, and maybe not as typical, she likes to cuddle. She also enjoys fish-watching, hitchhiking, and hiking in general which at times has lead her to get quite lost, most likely why she has a small bell tied to her collar at all times. Her club of close friends spans across many of Karakura’s citizens: if there is a vacant lap she sits in it, if there’s an unoccupied hand she slides under it. Aki-chan is just a people-cat, plain and simple. People tend to like her as well for good reason: she is one of the kindest kittens around, and I have never known a person that blatantly dislikes kittens.

If there is one way that Aki-chan has already been shaped in her young life, it is that of the love she holds for her owner, Itsumi. Although she was the one to put Aki through her first and most uncomfortable vet visits, the bond that had been created when she pulled the kitten out of that bush in the forest quickly became impenetrable. The only thing that can truly concern Aki is the whereabouts of Itsumi, the only thing that can make her wail is Itsumi’s peril. She became the most loyal cat in town when she met her, and her owner’s gentle pat and hushed greeting late in the afternoon became the highlight of her day. She eagerly awaits it every hour she is awake, which I assume is good for a cat. It almost seems like one could become sick by being too carefree, so the anticipation of her guardian’s care keeps her days airy and light, the perfect balance of intensity for such a free-spirited animal.

NukaRndz

Level 53
Pending

- We'll be making our decision at the end of the week, however we would like to still give other people a chance to apply if they wish to.​

Users who are viewing this thread