players online

Accepted funkyfreshmiku 's teacher application

toranekos

Level 79
vbztr
vbztr
Rich+
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: funkyfreshmiku (My ALT is SeansEgirl)

How old are you?: I'm 12, hopefully, it should not affect much as I have previously been a staff member (despite LATER being demoted for my age) and a police officer.

Do you have any previous bans?: I have, but I'm 100% sure they were a long time ago and I have no intention of getting banned in the future.

What Country are you from?: I'm from England, so my timezone is GMT.

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?): I do have discord, it is
tori the red-nosed reindeer#2151

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes, I fully understand that most answers may be found in the roleplay documents.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: I also understand this, there is simply no point in applying for a rank if I am not going to be active.

Do you understand that all classroom activity must be documented on the "Teacher Roster" thread?: Once again, I fully understand this and I will make sure it happens if I get this role.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?: I have a high play-time of which I believe over 60 days on funkyfreshmiku. I log on frequently, sometimes for longer periods of time. I am less active on the forums, but I have been viewing people's profiles and applications every now and then, just to see what's been going on.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
Police application - I can't give the link to as I applied back when you had to message. (ACCEPTED)
Russian language application - https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/towori-russian-application.18376/ (ACCEPTED)
Albanian language application - https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/towori-albanian-application.18182/
(ACCEPTED)
Italian language application - https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/ayawno-language-application.17601/ (ACCEPTED)
Icelandic language application - https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/onwaya-language-application.17536/ (ACCEPTED)
Staff application - https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/onwaya-s-staff-application.17510/#post-60770 (ACCEPTED - THEN DENIED )
Albanian language application - https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/rainbohw-albanian-application.17182/ (ACCEPTED)
French language application - https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/demisthumb-french-application.17116/ (ACCEPTED)
Korean language application - https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/stupidtori_-korean-application.16853/ (ACCEPTED)
Spanish language application - https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/stalebreadx-spanish-application.15981/ (ACCEPTED)
Russian language application - https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/drakomalfidus-russian-application.13213/ (ACCEPTED)
Library assistant application - https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/rainbowfreckless-library-assistant-application.12615/ (DENIED)
Library assistant application - https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/twentyonetoriis-library-assistant-application.12396/ (DENIED FOR BOLDING OF ANSWERS)

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?: After resigning from the Karakura Police Department, I didn't want to completely lose interest in the server, and I wanted to help out in a different way. I spoke to a few of my friends and asked them for some advice. I came to the conclusion the best way would be to support the server and its main goal. I decided to apply for a position as a teacher. I had never had any job in KHS, so I thought it would be a good way to give myself an even wider range of roleplay experience. I've always wondered what it would be like to be the teacher, instead of the student, so it began to encourage me to apply. Previously, I had thought about aiming for the position. However, at the time, I was still in the KPD - and did not have an account to apply on. I still highly considered it but I thought that I was not ready yet. I've thought about nearly every aspect of this job, and I believe I am prepared to take it on - if I am deemed a suitable candidate. Seeing that I was an officer in the past, I think it would be a good transition - as I already know much about discipline which could come in handy with students.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?: I have a lot of experience with different types of roleplay. I have experience roleplaying as a police officer, I had the job for about five or six months. I have learned to do more detailed, longer actions. For example, instead of '/me punches', I would do '/me S/he'd attempt to throw a punch at the individual in front of her' (I actually doubt that I'll need to use that specific action with this job, but it is an example of how I stretch out actions). I have also roleplayed as both a high school and college student, along with working in a few shops.

Have you read the Faculty Handbook?: I have not, as the link is broken for me and I believe everyone else. But, I have thoroughly read through and taken in the information from the COC.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?: I believe that the classroom logs are where the teachers note down if they have taken a class (along with providing screenshots OF the class). These logs are important so that you can keep track of every teacher's amount of classes and make sure they did the expected amount.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?: The first thing I would do is make sure it's a possible trip, then talk to the principal about it - I would most likely get more staff involved as I would not be able to run everything myself. If the principal agrees, I would begin to plan the field trip and make sure I am prepared for anything.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?: The students deserve respect, and vice versa. I would not let them shout out or speak out of turn. Each pupil would be expected to fulfill the task(s) I have given, if they fail to do so I may not physically or mentally harm them. Anything else the COC mentions would also apply, but I believe I have stated the more obvious.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP): I have been roleplaying since late 2016 on the server, I have slowly improved my speech and quality in roleplay, experimenting with new types. (I have found I prefer legal roleplay over gang roleplay). I have not done much roleplaying out of the server, so 90% of my roleplay knowledge is from SchoolRP.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD: Head of Department, I would assume this means this is the most experienced teacher for the subject and the go-to if you have any queries about it.

- QTLS: These are teachers who have been on the team for a slightly longer period of time, they are known and more trusted than the NQT, and not far from being an HD.

- NQT: Newly Qualified Teacher, this would be someone who has just gotten the job or is not as skilled as the other two rankings. I suppose they would be somewhat of a 'newbie' in the school.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general. Teachers serve one main purpose - to teach. They are the foundation of a school, as you cannot have any education department without staff in it. I believe their salary would depend on their rank and how hard they work. The teacher is the person who the student must depend on. Different teachers teach different subjects and aim to make sure every student understands the work and can fulfill the tasks they provide. Teachers must also make sure that slower students are able to keep up and provide extra support if it is needed. A teacher shouldn't work just for the money, they should care about each student and don't let them do whatever they want. Teachers should also respect privacy, and believe that if a student is in a dangerous situation - they should contact someone who can take action (e.g police).

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
The whole server is oriented on 'school'. Like I said previously, you can't have an educational institution without any teachers. Teachers are basically what the server needs to support its idea of being a highschool/college. It's important that this server has skilled teachers so that players can get the best roleplay experience. The server was previously bare and no classes were going on, however, this is beginning to change due to the increasing amount of players successfully applying for the role of a teacher. This is basically the main activity to do on the server - classes. Without teachers, it would be bare again, with many people returning to GangRP.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: In all honesty, I am not sure. However, I plan to ask one of my friends who are a teacher about this once they are online.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

The character I am playing is strict, yet kind if you follow the rules. She does not tolerate much silliness and will make sure each student is doing the right work. Despite being a strict individual, she will try to refrain from yelling, as she is aware students may be sensitive to it. She was previously an officer, so she has a good idea of how to control a large group of people.
She is a Russian woman, stood at the height of 5'11. Her skin is pale and stands out due to her hair being a dark shade of brown. The woman is clearly athletic but has a slim build. She has a 'hero-like' stance and a powerful voice; her eyes are a pale shade of blue. A stern expression is usually stuck on her face, but she can sometimes be seen with a beaming smile. Her nose and lips are slim, which would fit her heart-shaped face. Not much makes her stand out, apart from her quite professional and quiet lifestyle.
She sees students as potential millionaires, she believes they can be anything if they put their mind to it. However, she does not pick favorites, despite trying to see through each pupil's negative and positive traits. She sees the teachers as co-workers, not as friends; though, she will make friendly conversation and try to build mutual respect. She plans to work as a teacher until she retires or moves away.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: If it is class time, I will make sure to tell them to get to their classes - and warn them to mind their language. If they refuse to and continue with this - I will get a higher member of faculty.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?: I warn them that detentions may be handed out, and explain why school is important. If they do not listen I will, once again, get a higher faculty member.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?: She will start the conversation, asking how the teacher's classes went and how their day was. It is her goal to know most of the teachers there.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me she would write -INFORMATION- on the board, stepping aside so the students could read it.
/me she'd carefully place a notebook on each student's desk, checking if she missed anyone out.
/me after looking at the student, she would frown and open her mouth to speak "Please try to pay attention".
/me she would walk up to the student's desk and raise her eyebrow "I warned you not to misbehave".
/me she'd clear her throat "Class Dismissed" and go to open up the doors, stepping aside.

Backstory

Vivianna Sonnet Ivankov was originally born into the Giuseppes family, being one of the older siblings. Her childhood wasn't extremely exciting, she lived an 'ordinary' life. Average grades, friends and overall happy. One of her brothers was diagnosed with depression at a young age, which caused them to be quite distant. This would be the start of Vivianna getting further away from all of her family. She decided to give 100% of her attention to school instead. Her teenage years weren't very significant. At age 17, she was diagnosed with depression - her life had a slight drop. She would drink a lot once she was legally allowed to, and would spend all of her time with one friend. This friend had similar feelings to 'Vivi', but wasn't as mentally strong. 10 days after Vivi's 19th birthday, her best friend ended her own life. Naturally, Vivi found it difficult to cope with this - because this was the person she knew the most, her 'the******-friend' and vice versa. However, she wasn't someone to just - give up over one person. She knew her friend wanted to see her smile and carry on - so she tried her best. She decided to get a degree in law enforcement and studied as hard as she could. Vivianna's grades weren't perfect, but they were enough to get her a good start towards a career as an officer.
Fast forward a few years, Vivianna has moved to 'Karakura, Japan' and has joined the KPD as a cadet. She wasn't one of the best, but she wasn't the worst. Despite occasionally messing up, she never gave up and slowly ranked up. Ricco, her brother, had a lot of issues when it came to their relationship. Vivianna became best friends with his fiance, Cassandra, and they spoke a lot. Soon it was clear that Ricco was cheating on Cassie with another officer. She immediately informed Cassie and a big argument started up. It only got worse, until one day, Ricco just disappeared. The Giuseppes family was disbanded and all the members scattered. Vivi joined the Bashkimi family, unaware of their criminal tendencies. At this point, she had adopted 2 girls, Era and Emiri. She was confused by the number of arrests in the Bashkimi family, as they all acted like angels around Vivi. However, she wasn't stupid.
After speaking to Emiri, she discovered that there were people after her daughter - and this was because of her own family. She soon left the family and began her own. The Masayoshis.
At the time, she was an S.A.T Elite - with many of the other S.A.T members in the family, along with regular officers. S.A.T Soon got disbanded which put her back to Corporal rank. She couldn't stand all the death and crime she had to deal with as an officer any longer - so she resigned, and left the Masayoshi family in command of one of her most trusted family members. Finally, she wanted a new start. So she settled in what she believes to be her final family, the Ivankov family. She believes she is fit for a teaching position and is searching for a job at KHS.

In-Character Information

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Vivianna Sonnet Ivankov
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): Vivi, Viv
Preferred Name: Vivianna

Religious Denomination: Atheist
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Russian
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 2
Working Experience (# of years): 3

Academic Degree: Bachelor degree in criminal justice

Year of Graduation: 2013
Major(s): P.E, Criminology, Sociology
Minors: Finance, Psychology

Native Languages: Italian
Other Languages: Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes
Preferred Teaching Subject: P.E or Drama

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any): None
Do you have any questions?: Do we get some sort of guide for teacher or do we just kind of wing it?

D

Deleted member 5455

Accepted!
- Wonderful application, I cannot wait to see your lessons and your character on the team!
- To answer your question, you'll be DM'd with the information you'll need to teach and whatnot.

Please DM me on Discord - melody#0429.

Users who are viewing this thread