mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Furniture’s Plugin Suggestion (and performance Issues on SRP caused by it)

Vexosphere

Level 35
Vexosphere
Vexosphere
Notable
What's your Minecraft Username?: Vexosphere
What's the title of your suggestion?: Furniture’s Plugin Suggestion (and performance Issues on SRP caused by it)

What's your suggestion?:

Introduction…

Okay… if you follow suggestions thread, you may recognize me as someone who was complaining about lags caused by item frames from furnitures plugin. It’s time to stop talking about it and make a real, serious thread for it. If you’re not aware.. lets start with some basics.

What’s the furniture’s plugin?
This is plugin basically developed by SRP devs, obviously. It gives opportunity to make custom shaped models, that allows modelers to create much interesting 3D model. If i’m not wrong, this is the only way to make custom shaped blocks. We have already custom blocks in SRP Resource pack, which is for example toilet, wardrobe, sink… these blocks are known to be buggy.

How does this plugin work?
I am not developer but i have basic knowledge of how SRP Resource pack works, aslong with Minecraft known mechanics. Basically, in Blockbench where you create custom models, you may choose a custom item display option (For example how does it display when you have it in inventory, in your hand etc.) It also has an option to display in custom way in Item frame. And this is exactly how these custom models works. If you use this option, your custom model will display in way you want, and it may display as custom shapes object. Using this, you may create an exactly the same grass block if you use that model and texture. It gives you bigger opportunity to use your creativity. With invisible item frames (that are included in SRP pack) it just looks really good and there’s almost no way to see this isn’t a real block (especially if you are in gamemode adventure and you cannot see hitbox aka outline of any block on map)

What’s the issue with mentioned before plugin?
While i said only good things about these 3D models (models are totally fine that’s not what i’m complaining about) there is something called an Entities in Minecraft. Basically, Entity is almost everything that is not a block. Mobs, players, armor stands… and item frames. Have you ever had an survival world and noticed huge FPS drops when you get closer to your for example, huge cow farm? Probably you did, and that’s an unfixable bug of Minecraft. This game will always lag if there’s too many entities around; if there’s too much of them, you can even have 0 fps, making you fully unable to play game. This happened to me on my survival world when i left my Amethyst duper online while i was AFK. Farm produced so many items on ground (that are also an entities) that i wasn’t able to load world. Now, you’re fully aware of how Entities in huge amount are dangerous to your game.

How huge is mentioned issue?
I will tell you my performance issues that i have on SRP currently. This doesn’t happen only to me, but i’m sure everyone will agree their FPS are getting worse and worse with every furniture added.

I do not have wooden PC. It’s not newest, but it’s decent. Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX 3060 12GB VRAM, 32GB Ram DDR4 3500 Mhz. With this PC, i’m able to play every game i want. Not always with highest fps, of course.

And my FPS when i get near to Hospital are… 30. But when i turn rendering item frames in Sodium options, it magically changes into 140… Shaders i’m using are SimpleTAA. Basically makes your game look more smooth. It doesn’t affect performance.

How to solve this issue?
While i was clearly stating to even remove plugin (which i was aware will never happen because players bought many custom furnitures… So…what’s the solution then?

- First thing i would do (which rich people will probably won’t like) is full removal of getting custom furniture. It will limit usage of these, and only Staff members could request those, for City purpose or public usage for players. (for free of course…)

(Edit for solution 1 as people got confused.)
No. It’s not about getting rid of already existing furnitures from map. Proud owners will still have access to their already paid product. But option to request custom furniture for these idk, 80$ if i remember would be gone completely. Only staff members could have request such a furniture for faction, city purpose or public usage. They could add some new furnitures from time to time, but not so many. And of course, staff will not have to pay for such a request. While i’m aware getting custom furniture is a part of SRP donations, it has to be stopped.

- Second, more friendly solution i would do (But not that efficient like first one) is stopping of usage furnitures when it’s not necessary. Best example and quite recent one are bus stops. They were replaced by furnitures… why? I don’t know. Bus stops can be easily built in the original way; by using blocks. Another example of not necessary usage of furnitures would be replacing flower pots with furnitures (which looks exactly the same like flower pots with flower). Kimi blocked possibility to put flowers in flower pots in edit mode, in your apartments; to force you to spend Yens in Furnitures shop. Like… really. It’s really not necessary. I hope you, Owner of SRP will consider seriously this suggestion, because many players cannot play comfortably… there are some people that cannot even play without SRP Resource pack! Why you guys optimized resource pack to destroy performance now by making custom models more basic, more in MC style? Please, fix this. This issue is becoming bigger with every SRP Resource pack update.

- There is also third, client side solution. This is not place to write about it, but if you are guys interested how to optimize your Minecraft with mods and settings, let me know. I struggled alot and i have already fixed this problem, and i’m still able to see furnitures.

How will this benefit the server and community?
Of course players who cannot play already, will not be able to play still (Even Lite version of SRP Resource pack will not solve this, as item frames will STILL be rendered) But performance issue will be over. Snowball effect will stop already, and it has to stop.

Thank you for reading my suggestion.
Remember, if you -1 atleast tell me why you disagree. This became an serious issue on SRP and it’s not time to -1 someone’s suggestion because you just feel like doing it.

Last edited:

Emilkaok

Level 3
Emiliaok
Emiliaok
Notable
+1

As a person with decent PC aswell I still have performance problems on SRP every once a while, imagine having a bad one, you have to play with no pack on or mod your game for better performance, which shouldn’t be the case for server that small. Speaking of models, some of them are fine, like some smaller furnitures which couldn’t be done using normal blocks, but what’s the point of making flowers into a model, or for example a bus stop, it could easily be done using vanilla blocks, I think it’d look better either way. We should stick with custom furnitures being only for something which actually requires it.

Also volleyball courts outside school are next to apartment blocks, when I was playing on the side which has view on them, my performance was noticeably worse because my game needed to render so many item frames.

Leo_14

Level 34
leo_14
leo_14
Omega

For me personally even on a MacBook I haven't extra experienced huge FPS drops from furniture, furthermore SRP makes a large amount of its income from its custom furniture items as It allows players to have a bigger variety of customisation!

Furthermore removing custom furniture would effectively put everyones future plans that require customs (events that players create) along with their money resulted in being wasted.

The only solution I could really see to this as a lot of players would not want custom furnitures removed as it allows for so many possibilities would be to limit the use of them whenever possible, building things like bus stops etc out of blocks (although the customs are nice and I personally love them) Although for me personally I do not have this issue I acknowledge some others might! Although I feel that personally custom furnitures should definitely NOT be removed or changed.

Vexosphere

Level 35
Vexosphere
Vexosphere
Notable
To staff member who edited my post
My bad! It wasn’t meant to blame them. They did nothing wrong. It was reference in form of joke!IMG_3208.jpeg

Vexosphere

Level 35
Vexosphere
Vexosphere
Notable

For me personally even on a MacBook I haven't extra experienced huge FPS drops from furniture, furthermore SRP makes a large amount of its income from its custom furniture items as It allows players to have a bigger variety of customisation!

Furthermore removing custom furniture would effectively put everyones future plans that require customs (events that players create) along with their money resulted in being wasted.

The only solution I could really see to this as a lot of players would not want custom furnitures removed as it allows for so many possibilities would be to limit the use of them whenever possible, building things like bus stops etc out of blocks (although the customs are nice and I personally love them) Although for me personally I do not have this issue I acknowledge some others might! Although I feel that personally custom furnitures should definitely NOT be removed or changed.
Leo… even though you do have a MacBook, you have alot of better PC than me, because you have M2 processor.

Popo

Level 63
DarkxWalker
DarkxWalker
Notable

I personally never had any performance issues with custom furnitures, nor are they that substantial in size for it to be considered problematic. What you are proposing, partially, is the removal of custom furnitures which are considered a dominant way for the server to profit off the players who want voguish furnitures to place in their houses.

Unfortunately, over the years, the Model team has already made a compromise by changing to a more vanilla based texture instead of the inconsistent model texture that was originated by Mike. If you still cannot handle that, then the issue comes from your device and we shouldn't be restricting something that helps the server out financially, but also something that players are interested in purchasing. As much as I used to relate to having a weaker device, the server should not be making a compromise because a few players can't handle the insignificant FPS drop from being next to a few furniture items.

soratheonly

Level 75
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
The station and hospital has plenty custom furniture and I've had no problem handling going inside, around, or being nearby. I, personally, have not had any problem with custom furniture!

Leo_14

Level 34
leo_14
leo_14
Omega
The station and hospital has plenty custom furniture and I've had no problem handling going inside, around, or being nearby. I, personally, have not had any problem with custom furniture!
like sora said, I haven't really heard of many people complain about "lag" or "fps drops" going inside the hospital or station, even if it does happen people have just realised its the natural nature of custom items

Leo_14

Level 34
leo_14
leo_14
Omega
Furthermore... sorry for making so many posts... within my home in SRP I think I have at least 15 furnitures placed and no ones ever complained that my house fps drops or lags

Vexosphere

Level 35
Vexosphere
Vexosphere
Notable

I personally never had any performance issues with custom furnitures, nor are they that substantial in size for it to be considered problematic. What you are proposing, partially, is the removal of custom furnitures which are considered a dominant way for the server to profit off the players who want voguish furnitures to place in their houses.

Unfortunately, over the years, the Model team has already made a compromise by changing to a more vanilla based texture instead of the inconsistent model texture that was originated by Mike. If you still cannot handle that, then the issue comes from your device and we shouldn't be restricting something that helps the server out financially, but also something that players are interested in purchasing. As much as I used to relate to having a weaker device, the server should not be making a compromise because a few players can't handle the insignificant FPS drop from being next to a few furniture items.
Even though you had no performance issues, it doesn’t change a fact it is an indeed problem, it exists. To people who says they have no FPS issues, please provide me your PC specifications. If you have better computers, i understand that, but lets not take ability from other players to have fun, just because someone wants extra customization in their house, on Roleplay server; it’s not a main point of server, and Owner makes alot of money already by donations from custom vehicles, items and ranks.

Leo_14

Level 34
leo_14
leo_14
Omega
What's your Minecraft Username?: Vexosphere
What's the title of your suggestion?: Furniture’s Plugin Suggestion (and performance Issues on SRP caused by it)

What's your suggestion?:

Introduction…

Okay… if you follow suggestions thread, you may recognize me as someone who was complaining about lags caused by item frames from furnitures plugin. It’s time to stop talking about it and make a real, serious thread for it. If you’re not aware.. lets start with some basics.

What’s the furniture’s plugin?
This is plugin basically developed by SRP devs, obviously. It gives opportunity to make custom shaped models, that allows modelers to create much interesting 3D model. If i’m not wrong, this is the only way to make custom shaped blocks. We have already custom blocks in SRP Resource pack, which is for example toilet, wardrobe, sink… these blocks are known to be buggy.

How does this plugin work?
I am not developer but i have basic knowledge of how SRP Resource pack works, aslong with Minecraft known mechanics. Basically, in Blockbench where you create custom models, you may choose a custom item display option (For example how does it display when you have it in inventory, in your hand etc.) It also has an option to display in custom way in Item frame. And this is exactly how these custom models works. If you use this option, your custom model will display in way you want, and it may display as custom shapes object. Using this, you may create an exactly the same grass block if you use that model and texture. It gives you bigger opportunity to use your creativity. With invisible item frames (that are included in SRP pack) it just looks really good and there’s almost no way to see this isn’t a real block (especially if you are in gamemode adventure and you cannot see hitbox aka outline of any block on map)

What’s the issue with mentioned before plugin?
While i said only good things about these 3D models (models are totally fine that’s not what i’m complaining about) there is something called an Entities in Minecraft. Basically, Entity is almost everything that is not a block. Mobs, players, armor stands… and item frames. Have you ever had an survival world and noticed huge FPS drops when you get closer to your for example, huge cow farm? Probably you did, and that’s an unfixable bug of Minecraft. This game will always lag if there’s too many entities around; if there’s too much of them, you can even have 0 fps, making you fully unable to play game. This happened to me on my survival world when i left my Amethyst duper online while i was AFK. Farm produced so many items on ground (that are also an entities) that i wasn’t able to load world. Now, you’re fully aware of how Entities in huge amount are dangerous to your game.

How huge is mentioned issue?
I will tell you my performance issues that i have on SRP currently. This doesn’t happen only to me, but i’m sure everyone will agree their FPS are getting worse and worse with every furniture added.

I do not have wooden PC. It’s not newest, but it’s decent. Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX 3060 12GB VRAM, 32GB Ram DDR4 3500 Mhz. With this PC, i’m able to play every game i want. Not always with highest fps, of course.

And my FPS when i get near to Hospital are… 30. But when i turn rendering item frames in Sodium options, it magically changes into 140… Shaders i’m using are SimpleTAA. Basically makes your game look more smooth. It doesn’t affect performance.

How to solve this issue?
While i was clearly stating to even remove plugin (which i was aware will never happen because players bought many custom furnitures… So…what’s the solution then?

- First thing i would do (which rich people will probably won’t like) is full removal of getting custom furniture. It will limit usage of these, and only Staff members could request those, for City purpose or public usage for players. (for free of course…)

- Second, more friendly solution i would do (But not that efficient like first one) is stopping of usage furnitures when it’s not necessary. Best example and quite recent one are bus stops. They were replaced by furnitures… why? I don’t know. Bus stops can be easily built in the original way; by using blocks. Another example of not necessary usage of furnitures would be replacing flower pots with furnitures (which looks exactly the same like flower pots with flower). Kimi blocked possibility to put flowers in flower pots in edit mode, in your apartments; to force you to spend Yens in Furnitures shop. Like… really. It’s really not necessary. I hope you, Owner of SRP will consider seriously this suggestion, because many players cannot play comfortably… there are some people that cannot even play without SRP Resource pack! Why you guys optimized resource pack to destroy performance now by making custom models more basic, more in MC style? Please, fix this. This issue is becoming bigger with every SRP Resource pack update.

- There is also third, client side solution. This is not place to write about it, but if you are guys interested how to optimize your Minecraft with mods and settings, let me know. I struggled alot and i have already fixed this proglem, and i’m still able to see furnitures.

How will this benefit the server and community?
Of course players who cannot play already, will not be able to play still (Even Lite version of SRP Resource pack will not solve this, as item frames will STILL be rendered) But performance issue will be over. Snowball effect will stop already, and it has to stop.

Thank you for reading my suggestion.
Remember, if you -1 atleast tell me why you disagree. This became an serious issue on SRP and it’s not time to -1 someone’s suggestion because you just feel like doing it.
Also, have you ever tried an FPS booster? like lunar feather or even on curse forge? I got 30 FPS with shaders + customs placed and its fines :)) keep in mind you have more and better ram so you can make a lot more process's (I think thats how I works im not sure)

Vexosphere

Level 35
Vexosphere
Vexosphere
Notable
Furthermore... sorry for making so many posts... within my home in SRP I think I have at least 15 furnitures placed and no ones ever complained that my house fps drops or lags

15 furnitures are not much.

like sora said, I haven't really heard of many people complain about "lag" or "fps drops" going inside the hospital or station, even if it does happen people have just realised its the natural nature of custom items

Hospital has huge perfomance issues, my FPS drop by half by just looking at its direction. Same thing with Shopping District. (about 1000+ entities loaded)

wut, idk what that means the M2 Is like meh

M2 is basically really efficient processor.

Popo

Level 63
DarkxWalker
DarkxWalker
Notable
Even though you had no performance issues, it doesn’t change a fact it is an indeed problem, it exists. To people who says they have no FPS issues, please provide me your PC specifications. If you have better computers, i understand that, but lets not take ability from other players to have fun, just because someone wants extra customization in their house, on Roleplay server; it’s not a main point of server, and Owner makes alot of money already by donations from custom vehicles, items and ranks.
To summarise all of this, neither the server nor the owners are at liberty to resolve your performance issues by removing an item off the store that has brought them thousands of dollars. A notion like this would most likely have to go through Duckings which is nearly, if not completely impossible. Regardless of the performance, the specifications, or the types of devices people have, that does not mean the server needs to compromise for the performance issues of people that have weaker devices.

Vexosphere

Level 35
Vexosphere
Vexosphere
Notable
Also, have you ever tried an FPS booster? like lunar feather or even on curse forge? I got 30 FPS with shaders + customs placed and its fines :)) keep in mind you have more and better ram so you can make a lot more process's (I think thats how I works im not sure)

Feather Client makes my FPS even worse. I have my own customized custom modpack that fixes this issue, atleast partially. I will make guide for people who has the same problem soon.

soratheonly

Level 75
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
I do not know my specifications, but I'm aware they aren't perfect and can't handle quite a few games well. I have a normal 60+ (sometimes it's higher if I'm lucky) fps and this does not drop in any way when I'm near furniture, so I don't believe it'd take away the ability to have fun. Most extra customization from furniture models is actually for roleplay as well, so getting rid of such would take away from other player's ability to have that roleplay! I don't believe bringing the money brought in is at all related to this, as nobody is protecting that. The only thing I can suggest if this is impacting you in such a way is that you use things from launchers/mods to help with your fps

Vexosphere

Level 35
Vexosphere
Vexosphere
Notable
To summarise all of this, neither the server nor the owners are at liberty to resolve your performance issues by removing an item off the store that has brought them thousands of dollars. A notion like this would most likely have to go through Duckings which is nearly, if not completely impossible. Regardless of the performance, the specifications, or the types of devices people have, that does not mean the server needs to compromise for the performance issues of people that have weaker devices.
I have fixed my performance issues on my own. I’m concerned about people who doesn’t have knowledge about modding minecraft and setting it up; they will be forced to play without Resource pack… or they will be not able to play at all.

I do not know my specifications, but I'm aware they aren't perfect and can't handle quite a few games well. I have a normal 60+ (sometimes it's higher if I'm lucky) fps and this does not drop in any way when I'm near furniture, so I don't believe it'd take away the ability to have fun. Most extra customization from furniture models is actually for roleplay as well, so getting rid of such would take away from other player's ability to have that roleplay! I don't believe bringing the money brought in is at all related to this, as nobody is protecting that. The only thing I can suggest if this is impacting you in such a way is that you use things from launchers/mods to help with your fps
It’s not about being near to one furniture. It’s about being close to area with HUGE amount of entities loaded. Best examples are either shopping district and hospital.

Popo

Level 63
DarkxWalker
DarkxWalker
Notable
I have fixed my performance issues on my own. I’m concerned about people who doesn’t have knowledge about modding minecraft and setting it up; they will be forced to play without Resource pack… or they will be not able to play at all.
I recommend making a community guide to help those with weaker devices utilize your mod pack so they can play SchoolRP with lesser performance issues!

Leo_14

Level 34
leo_14
leo_14
Omega
15 furnitures are not much.

Hospital has huge perfomance issues, my FPS drop by half by just looking at its direction. Same thing with Shopping District. (about 1000+ entities loaded)

M2 is basically really efficient processor.
I mean I have an i5 10600k as well but idk how good that is I rarely use my PC now.

Leo_14

Level 34
leo_14
leo_14
Omega
From what sora and popo said It sounds like more of an individual issue and not a large scale issue, so a more easier but efficient solution might be to make a guide for those who struggle from these issues.

As like sora said, custom furniture is a nice appealing thing to view but allows for RP to happen that some might of not been able to conduct otherwise :))

Users who are viewing this thread