mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Furniture’s Plugin Suggestion (and performance Issues on SRP caused by it)

urufu

Level 7
Urrufu
Urrufu
Rich
What's your Minecraft Username?: Vexosphere
What's the title of your suggestion?: Furniture’s Plugin Suggestion (and performance Issues on SRP caused by it)

What's your suggestion?:

Introduction…

Okay… if you follow suggestions thread, you may recognize me as someone who was complaining about lags caused by item frames from furnitures plugin. It’s time to stop talking about it and make a real, serious thread for it. If you’re not aware.. lets start with some basics.

What’s the furniture’s plugin?
This is plugin basically developed by SRP devs, obviously. It gives opportunity to make custom shaped models, that allows modelers to create much interesting 3D model. If i’m not wrong, this is the only way to make custom shaped blocks. We have already custom blocks in SRP Resource pack, which is for example toilet, wardrobe, sink… these blocks are known to be buggy.

How does this plugin work?
I am not developer but i have basic knowledge of how SRP Resource pack works, aslong with Minecraft known mechanics. Basically, in Blockbench where you create custom models, you may choose a custom item display option (For example how does it display when you have it in inventory, in your hand etc.) It also has an option to display in custom way in Item frame. And this is exactly how these custom models works. If you use this option, your custom model will display in way you want, and it may display as custom shapes object. Using this, you may create an exactly the same grass block if you use that model and texture. It gives you bigger opportunity to use your creativity. With invisible item frames (that are included in SRP pack) it just looks really good and there’s almost no way to see this isn’t a real block (especially if you are in gamemode adventure and you cannot see hitbox aka outline of any block on map)

What’s the issue with mentioned before plugin?
While i said only good things about these 3D models (models are totally fine that’s not what i’m complaining about) there is something called an Entities in Minecraft. Basically, Entity is almost everything that is not a block. Mobs, players, armor stands… and item frames. Have you ever had an survival world and noticed huge FPS drops when you get closer to your for example, huge cow farm? Probably you did, and that’s an unfixable bug of Minecraft. This game will always lag if there’s too many entities around; if there’s too much of them, you can even have 0 fps, making you fully unable to play game. This happened to me on my survival world when i left my Amethyst duper online while i was AFK. Farm produced so many items on ground (that are also an entities) that i wasn’t able to load world. Now, you’re fully aware of how Entities in huge amount are dangerous to your game.

How huge is mentioned issue?
I will tell you my performance issues that i have on SRP currently. This doesn’t happen only to me, but i’m sure everyone will agree their FPS are getting worse and worse with every furniture added.

I do not have wooden PC. It’s not newest, but it’s decent. Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX 3060 12GB VRAM, 32GB Ram DDR4 3500 Mhz. With this PC, i’m able to play every game i want. Not always with highest fps, of course.

And my FPS when i get near to Hospital are… 30. But when i turn rendering item frames in Sodium options, it magically changes into 140… Shaders i’m using are SimpleTAA. Basically makes your game look more smooth. It doesn’t affect performance.

How to solve this issue?
While i was clearly stating to even remove plugin (which i was aware will never happen because players bought many custom furnitures… So…what’s the solution then?

- First thing i would do (which rich people will probably won’t like) is full removal of getting custom furniture. It will limit usage of these, and only Staff members could request those, for City purpose or public usage for players. (for free of course…)

- Second, more friendly solution i would do (But not that efficient like first one) is stopping of usage furnitures when it’s not necessary. Best example and quite recent one are bus stops. They were replaced by furnitures… why? I don’t know. Bus stops can be easily built in the original way; by using blocks. Another example of not necessary usage of furnitures would be replacing flower pots with furnitures (which looks exactly the same like flower pots with flower). Kimi blocked possibility to put flowers in flower pots in edit mode, in your apartments; to force you to spend Yens in Furnitures shop. Like… really. It’s really not necessary. I hope you, Owner of SRP will consider seriously this suggestion, because many players cannot play comfortably… there are some people that cannot even play without SRP Resource pack! Why you guys optimized resource pack to destroy performance now by making custom models more basic, more in MC style? Please, fix this. This issue is becoming bigger with every SRP Resource pack update.

- There is also third, client side solution. This is not place to write about it, but if you are guys interested how to optimize your Minecraft with mods and settings, let me know. I struggled alot and i have already fixed this proglem, and i’m still able to see furnitures.

How will this benefit the server and community?
Of course players who cannot play already, will not be able to play still (Even Lite version of SRP Resource pack will not solve this, as item frames will STILL be rendered) But performance issue will be over. Snowball effect will stop already, and it has to stop.

Thank you for reading my suggestion.
Remember, if you -1 atleast tell me why you disagree. This became an serious issue on SRP and it’s not time to -1 someone’s suggestion because you just feel like doing it.

I feel like custom furniture is a really big part of SRP, especially for apartments and housing. I mean- me personally I really enjoy using it. Also for people that have spent money on custom furniture, what would happen? It would be unfair on other players to let them keep the furniture and it would be unfair on the buyers to take it away. I really feel like removing custom furniture just isn't a viable solution, even if it could fix performance issues.

Vexosphere

Level 35
Vexosphere
Vexosphere
Notable
From what sora and popo said It sounds like more of an individual issue and not a large scale issue, so a more easier but efficient solution might be to make a guide for those who struggle from these issues.

As like sora said, custom furniture is a nice appealing thing to view but allows for RP to happen that some might of not been able to conduct otherwise :))
Not individual, it does affect many players. I would say even 10% of playerbase may struggle with performance on SRP. These 10% are not worth of silly furnitures. Also… if it’s not possible for current playerbase to roleplay without furnitures, then i’m genuinely concerned about next generations of players…
I mean I have an i5 10600k as well but idk how good that is I rarely use my PC now.
It’s worse than your MacBook processor for sure, alot worse.

Last edited:

Vexosphere

Level 35
Vexosphere
Vexosphere
Notable

I feel like custom furniture is a really big part of SRP, especially for apartments and housing. I mean- me personally I really enjoy using it. Also for people that have spent money on custom furniture, what would happen? It would be unfair on other players to let them keep the furniture and it would be unfair on the buyers to take it away. I really feel like removing custom furniture just isn't a viable solution, even if it could fix performance issues.
Why unfair? There would be no option to buy custom furnitures due to performance issues. That’s it, everyone would understand it. People who bought custom furnitures wouldn’t lose them, and casual players could still buy furnitures from Furnitures shop. Maybe it’d not be a custom one, but what you prefer? More players for potential roleplay or piece of pixels to look at? Also, i never said removing fully those are viable solution. I gave 3 solutions for a problem, which two of these are for server side.

Vexosphere

Level 35
Vexosphere
Vexosphere
Notable
get fabric and some client side performance mods
Thank you for your opinion. Unfortunately, if it was that simple, i wouldn’t bother to write it. I have FIXED this for myself already, but there are people who struggle to play on SRP due to lags. I’m going to write Community Guide for those who struggle with performance on srp. But it’s not professional at all for a server if it demands from you to take actions on your own to be even able to play it comfortably.

Miamorchito

Level 31
Miamorchito
Miamorchito
Omega+

I will admit. I am one of those people with FPS issues, especially in the hospital area, when I had shaders. Although I agree that there should be a solution to this issue, I disagree to some extent due to the following proposals:
full removal of getting custom furniture
As you stated here, the rich won't like it, yet I am not rich and spend money on custom items. Struggling to gain my money for an item to later be removed without the possibility of getting my money back already doesn't sound like a good idea for the people who are invested in this server. As you state that there is an impairment in players' ability to have fun, we should also consider the impairment that could result in people spending time of their lives gaining monetary compensation and making a purchase on the server. I would suggest a way to make it more FPS-Friendly (If possible), but I disagree that a drastic solution like this should be considered.

stopping of usage furnitures when it’s not necessary
When it comes to whether the furniture is necessary or not, I would agree with you here. Some furniture that is placed in SRP, like the flower pot you mentioned, is completely unnecessary to have, at least in my opinion. I believe another reason why flower pots were placed as furniture, without the consideration of spending yens, is because the furniture has the ability to rotate. If this is one of the reasons why they were implemented, then yes, I find that quite unnecessary, especially for flower pots. . .

As a player who suffers from FPS issues, I agree with the premise that there should be work to tackle performance. However, I do not agree with some of the ideas of this post since it disregards the conditions of others as well. That reason is why I decided to -1 it.

Vexosphere

Level 35
Vexosphere
Vexosphere
Notable

I will admit. I am one of those people with FPS issues, especially in the hospital area, when I had shaders. Although I agree that there should be a solution to this issue, I disagree to some extent due to the following proposals:

As you stated here, the rich won't like it, yet I am not rich and spend money on custom items. Struggling to gain my money for an item to later be removed without the possibility of getting my money back already doesn't sound like a good idea for the people who are invested in this server. As you state that there is an impairment in players' ability to have fun, we should also consider the impairment that could result in people spending time of their lives gaining monetary compensation and making a purchase on the server. I would suggest a way to make it more FPS-Friendly (If possible), but I disagree that a drastic solution like this should be considered.
I think you didn’t read my suggestion carefully. This is not about removing already existing furnitures, it’s about taking ability to buy new custom furniture from RPH shop. There is no other way to fix this problem. Lags from entities are well known problem for Mojang, and it’s unfixable bug. If we won’t remove ability to buy custom furnitures, it will get to moment where people with strongest PCs will be able to play on SRP, only. Is that what you want?
When it comes to whether the furniture is necessary or not, I would agree with you here. Some furniture that is placed in SRP, like the flower pot you mentioned, is completely unnecessary to have, at least in my opinion. I believe another reason why flower pots were placed as furniture, without the consideration of spending yens, is because the furniture has the ability to rotate. If this is one of the reasons why they were implemented, then yes, I find that quite unnecessary, especially for flower pots. . .

As a player who suffers from FPS issues, I agree with the premise that there should be work to tackle performance. However, I do not agree with some of the ideas of this post since it disregards the conditions of others as well. That reason is why I decided to -1 it.
Then you could have write
-1 for first solution
+1 for second solution
But of course, this is your comment.

Squidjees

Level 108
Squidjees
Squidjees
Rich
Thank you for your opinions. However, i do not find any value in those, due to lack of arguments. Topic is serious, as it may potentially impact on how many players will be able to play on SRP.
SRP already has a lot of players, i sincerely doubt player count is as large a priority as you think

Vexosphere

Level 35
Vexosphere
Vexosphere
Notable
SRP already has a lot of players, i sincerely doubt player count is as large a priority as you think
Is this a reason to take away ability to play from other players? Because if it won't stop, even people will best PC's will eventually get lags due to huge amount of entities.

findouticly

Level 31
findouticly
findouticly
Omega
+1
I've had the similar problem as you, where i had 20-30 FPS outside of Hospital, KPD and Shopping District. During a lag, or if I reloaded my chunks, I saw furnitures from the other end of the plaza. By holding down F3 + A, you can just see how much furnitures there are around the plaza.
1725125933463.png
Not everyone has MacBooks or high-end PCs, which can handle that much entities, and Minecraft itself is poorly coded, it only uses the CPU, and barely ever uses the GPU. It's basically
CPU bound. I, myself have a medium-end PC, and when at plaza, I have 70 FPS, but as soon as I turn west (HOSPITAL), it drops down to 30. I'm really fond of the 1st suggestion, or perhaps, the price of these custom furnitures could be raised, to make less people buy them...? I don't know.

Miamorchito

Level 31
Miamorchito
Miamorchito
Omega+
I think you didn’t read my suggestion carefully. This is not about removing already existing furnitures, it’s about taking ability to buy new custom furniture from RPH shop. There is no other way to fix this problem. Lags from entities are well known problem for Mojang, and it’s unfixable bug. If we won’t remove ability to buy custom furnitures, it will get to moment where people with strongest PCs will be able to play on SRP, only. Is that what you want?
I read your suggestion to the fullest; otherwise, I would not have commented on it. Once again, I agree with you that if we do not do something about it, then people with higher-end PCs will be able to play. And no, I do not want that since, as I stated previously, I do not have a high-end PC. The issue comes when there is a drastic solution, like completely removing the option to buy custom furniture. While that solution alone will definitely stop the problem from expanding, we will still have low FPS in areas with a lot of custom furniture.

Then you could have write
-1 for first solution
+1 for second solution
But of course, this is your comment.
I could have written that, yes. However, I stick to my opinion. -1 since I do not agree with the content of the suggestion. For me, this is not math, where I say +1 -1 = 0. I disagree with it, and that is because I -1.

Vexosphere

Level 35
Vexosphere
Vexosphere
Notable
I read your suggestion to the fullest; otherwise, I would not have commented on it. Once again, I agree with you that if we do not do something about it, then people with higher-end PCs will be able to play. And no, I do not want that since, as I stated previously, I do not have a high-end PC. The issue comes when there is a drastic solution, like completely removing the option to buy custom furniture. While that solution alone will definitely stop the problem from expanding, we will still have low FPS in areas with a lot of custom furniture.

I could have written that, yes. However, I stick to my opinion. -1 since I do not agree with the content of the suggestion. For me, this is not math, where I say +1 -1 = 0. I disagree with it, and that is because I -1.
Look. Even people with high end PC’s will eventually start to complain. Minecraft is written in Java, which is not a language designed for games. What does it mean? It means that even high end pc will give up if we wont stop this problem from expanding.
I don’t know if you’ve heard, but in Minecraft Beta there was something called far lands (if u dont know basically farlands are terrain generation glitch, ‚removed’ in beta 1.8) if u travelled through them, even highest end pc would give up. there was a bug that made that impossible to explore. No matter what, you had 1 or 0 fps. This is how bad minecraft is optimized.

KimiNoUso

Level 347
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- We'll work on making settings for less performant systems to walk around without having to render so many entities​

Users who are viewing this thread