Gang HOOD Suggestion

zodiac

Level 4
IGN:
closednot / opennot

DATE:

21/08/2020

WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

I believe that a good idea to liven up RP and make things more thrilling for GangRP'ers and CopRP'ers is to implement a system where there is a small area, invulnerable to active CCTV through them being smashed or something. This directly relates to the player HunterUWU's suggestion about implementing a Forensics Department, where crimes aren't boringly solved via CCTV but rather to actually go through a process of understanding a crime scene. This would mean that players don't particularly stress themselves on wearing masks and concealing their identity so much during a crime, and through that minor mistake, the police can catch onto them.

I would also like to suggest that these areas would belong to VERIFIED GANGS. I suggest this because if this is the case, people will be more motivated to actually join a verified gang or have a sub branch under them. If a player has their own territory where they believe they are safe I'm sure more players will be attracted to it. For a sort of benefit other than safety, I think that upon entering this area as an outsider, you are vulnerable to mug perms on certain items that you own, this varying from Phones, cash or even weapons. This can be discussed later. Also, if a member of a Rival Gang is seen entering this area, they are maybe able to be killed or Major assaulted? Maybe it's a stretch but in many modern societies, gang's would act like that as long as they IC'ly know that person is a member of a rival gang. Maybe the same case could be implemented with Police or toned down to certain things.

I understand that this seems quite one sided, especially to the KPD. To make this more fair, I believe that these areas, whilst reluctant for Police Officers to enter, I think that they should have permission to search anyone and everyone that is in those areas. If they catch on to criminal behaviors in the area, they can even raid the main base, being the speakeasy, if that's still a thing after this suggestion. Also, to combat the problem with CCTV's not being available in those areas, a few Undercover Police could secretly install CCTV in there, which the Gang Members wouldn't know IC'ly or OOC'ly. Until brought to an OOC situation, they will be informed that theres a camera somewhere, but not the whereabouts of it, making it more of a challenge for Criminals to keep their base's secure.

Furthermore, I think that this idea can lead to people being motivated to takeover peoples Hood's. The problem with speakeasies is that there is essentially nothing to do with a Speakeasy other than store weapons and alcohol there. With the addition to the new Tunnel Expansion, there could possibly be apartments in these areas where you can easily hide weapons due to the abundance of them. Footprints from a possible Forensic department would lead to the base if certain members are not careful.

Also, GangRP'ers will actually GANGRP rather than have secret organizations where there is little gang behavior involved.

Thank you for reading, if there are any things you aren't happy with here, you may not include them.​

Tankboyy

Level 3
I am wayyyyyy too lazy to make an actual response to this.

But, from the KPD side of things I feel like this could be a complete new thing and I'd love to at least try it out. It'll give KPD and GangRPers a lot more options between Roleplaying and a gangs territory.

Sooo, I'll give it a +1!

Ryanark

Level 119
Ryanark
Ryanark
Rich+
I was originally against this, but it is a +1 from me.

The only problem is limiting areas of roleplay, confining this type of roleplay to any area with dangers like muggings/stabbings exist will only serve to exist as a no-go zone for normal players, thus potentially making the RP experience boring for the person in the hood zone. The SRP map is also limited in residential areas, there wouldn't be many options to choose from when choosing a zone.

I would also like to see gang roleplay be more targetted toward gang vs. gang fights instead of gangs clashing with the police, it is the wrong kind of roleplay which has been done for too long, and it has gotten incredibly repetitive.

Also, the idea of forensics appears good on paper, but in practice it is impossible, you would have to ask the perpetrator exactly what he did and what he would have done in some cases to collect forensic evidence. Simply going to a crime scene and picking DNA off the ground is not engaging roleplay. It would also inevitably lead to metagaming, which I won't go into further in this post.

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
I swear Karakura's like the reject of Japan

Serious reply: Honestly in love with this suggestion, and I think it'd be something amazing to see gangs on SRP actually... appear as a gang. Not sure if it's just a me thing, but a lot of the time with gangs they don't really hang out together too often. Most of the time they just come together for meetings and whatnot. The only issue/concern I can come up with the usage of "hoods" would be on the execution part, and the fact there aren't a whole lot of points of interest on the map currently. (Yes, there's the tunnel, bowling alley, SD, but other than that not much) Not to mention the wonders having a dedicated "hang out spot" could be for stuff like character relations, gang member characters actually talking/hanging out with fellows of their feather.

Regarding how police would likely change to better fit this (replying to Motemu) especially investigators would be doing stuff like STAKE OUTS or otherwise a lot more observation shena****ns. And since these spots would likely be hang out areas, it's not like you're instantly at risk.

Im6

Level 184
ACCEPTED

SIMILAR TO ANOTHER SUGGESTIONS REPLY

Whilst this isn't entirely in the hands of the staff team & also requires the change of mindset amongst players who roleplay within this sector, the staff as a whole encourages this idea entirely, mostly ideas of having your own 'turf' & Gang VS Gang roleplay being more common.

However we don't wish to have this as an entirely OOC thing, for examples your turf should not have holograms floating around or OOC documents & declarations. This should be a location claimed entirely through RP & known only through RP.

Prime examples of this are when the Wild Dogs, a previously known gang had taken over bars as their 'territory' without the need of holograms, forum posts, announcements. It was simply known.​

Users who are viewing this thread