players online

GangRP/CriminalRP ideas

layzah

Level 45
layzah
layzah
Omega+
Hey, its me, that guy, him

Now, people are going to probably read the title and go "uh oh, here we go again," cause a lot of the suggestions that have been posted about gangrp have been some.. goofy some alright, but obviously that's not the point of this post. The point of this post is to get ideas from YOU guys to see what you think would be best for this faction. It could be perm wise, gang wise, etc. To make it a little easier, i'll put one of my own thoughts in here that you guys can start with and build off of.

• Major Permissions: Major permissions have definitely changed over the years, one important aspect being that you used to be able to remove limbs from a character. Now, you're limited to just breaking somebodies bones. Now, this isn't a bad idea, but it could be better. My idea is, depending on the severity of how you were KO'ed, would give you cause to commit a certain act. For example, if you were KO'ed with a weapon, such as a spiked bat, you would be able to remove a limb. However, if you were simply just knocked out by hand, you would break a leg.

ok now start cooking, i cant think of anymore yapping words

SIMPL3Z

Level 100
Community Team
Lore Team
For example, if you were KO'ed with a weapon, such as a spiked bat, you would be able to remove a limb. However, if you were simply just knocked out by hand, you would break a leg
Personally: I disagree, here's why

This change was made with having the idea of how Cam said it (if I can recall it correctly) 'putting down pvp gangRP like a dead dog' - Which is understandable. I can see why the change was made and also why this limitation now 'prevents' it from being 'easier' to use major perms more. However, I stand by it for a roleplay reason; I find the idea of removing a character's limb a completely idiotic and psychotic thing to do (from a roleplay perspective), especially when characters also store the limbs (won't get into this) but it is much more gruesome and in my opinion more traumatic for a character to experience and do. This is why I think it is good it is now on the same level as KPS, which is murdering a character. Because when you think about it from a more 'logical' sense (And yes, I know, SRP is not logic-based, but bear with me here.) It makes much more sense to break someone's bones when they knocked you out rather than fully amputating a limb, right?

So, in my eyes, the major permissions are fine as they currently stand. You could also argue this is more incentive for people to push their gangs to obtain UVG and VG, seeing as then they will have access to obtaining KPS, and can remove limbs then like 'usual' by using the KPS.

skixd!!

Level 27
SkiXD
SkiXD
Omega+
Personally: I disagree, here's why

This change was made with having the idea of how Cam said it (if I can recall it correctly) 'putting down pvp gangRP like a dead dog' - Which is understandable. I can see why the change was made and also why this limitation now 'prevents' it from being 'easier' to use major perms more. However, I stand by it for a roleplay reason; I find the idea of removing a character's limb a completely idiotic and psychotic thing to do (from a roleplay perspective), especially when characters also store the limbs (won't get into this) but it is much more gruesome and in my opinion more traumatic for a character to experience and do. This is why I think it is good it is now on the same level as KPS, which is murdering a character. Because when you think about it from a more 'logical' sense (And yes, I know, SRP is not logic-based, but bear with me here.) It makes much more sense to break someone's bones when they knocked you out rather than fully amputating a limb, right?

So, in my eyes, the major permissions are fine as they currently stand. You could also argue this is more incentive for people to push their gangs to obtain UVG and VG, seeing as then they will have access to obtaining KPS, and can remove limbs then like 'usual' by using the KPS.
yap

Users who are viewing this thread