mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Gangrp rivalty suggestion

SapouT

Level 21
IGN: SapouT
DATE: 5/31/23
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I was thinking that gangs should be able to contact the crime lead and start an official rivalty. For example a gang A and a gang B have been attacking eachother and they both decide to declare official rivalty. Upon doing that they get to obtain minor perms on anyone that they confirm as members of the enemy gang. In this way gangrp will be way more engaging on a daily aspect, and it would help alot in more events. As gangs will be fighting eachother more, and maybe these rivalties could end with war events or big brawls.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
I think it will help everyone be more active and not get bored easily and gangs that have many enemies will have the chance to be really active and engage in serious gangrp situation on the daily. It will basically give more oportunities.

EnderBubs

Level 57
Honestly +1

With how gangs are I think this isn’t a bad idea. I think that having an official revelry where if you know icly that person A is in the gang you are riveled against you can act on minors any time any day is a good idea and concept and honestly it could at some point lead to a gang war like Kaku Kai VS Bonten or Akihito VS Kishi. There has really only been two major gang wars and it would be interesting to see more and this sort of stuff could lead to opportunities

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
+1

(For anyone who’s about to mention “well.. it’ll cause drama and more trouble!!!!”, there are systems being put in place to prevent said drama.)

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
I feel like this will be ruined by some form of metagaming, or several gang members unhappy that they've been identified as part of x gang from 1 thing they did so then they get KO'd and maybe lose a mask or something like that. How often would you be able to use these minor permissions? infinitely? once a day? what if you just 10 vs 1'd someone and you all knocked them out one by one... I can see too many loopholes with this.
There are alot of logistics that would need to change to make this work, cool suggestion for gang activity though.

SimplyLK

Level 67
SimplyLK
SimplyLK
Rich+
IGN: SapouT
DATE: 5/31/23
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: I was thinking that gangs should be able to contact the crime lead and start an official rivalty. For example a gang A and a gang B have been attacking eachother and they both decide to declare official rivalty. Upon doing that they get to obtain minor perms on anyone that they confirm as members of the enemy gang. In this way gangrp will be way more engaging on a daily aspect, and it would help alot in more events. As gangs will be fighting eachother more, and maybe these rivalties could end with war events or big brawls.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: I think it will help everyone be more active and not get bored easily and gangs that have many enemies will have the chance to be really active and engage in serious gangrp situation on the daily. It will basically give more oportunities.
+1/-1
I am not entirely sure if you are talking about creating a gang war between 2 gangs, or if you are suggestion an IC way on setting this move up. If it's an IC way it's a -1, should be finding out IC, and attacking with IC motive in patterns they couldn't predict. However if you mean have the ability to set up this rivalry out of character and have instant permission I + 1 this. As long as it's done properly. For example; Only for verified gangs in the Karakura crime discord, and approved by staff with rules such as with IC motive and proof of knowledge of their interaction with said gang (Perhaps that alone could be the motive).

Confirm the meaning of your comment and I'll decide whether I am positive or negative on your feedback.

SimplyLK

Level 67
SimplyLK
SimplyLK
Rich+
I feel like this will be ruined by some form of metagaming, or several gang members unhappy that they've been identified as part of x gang from 1 thing they did so then they get KO'd and maybe lose a mask or something like that. How often would you be able to use these minor permissions? infinitely? once a day? what if you just 10 vs 1'd someone and you all knocked them out one by one... I can see too many loopholes with this.
There are alot of logistics that would need to change to make this work, cool suggestion for gang activity though.
Good thinking Zinth, however I think some of these are easily fixed. It would be up to you and Hirathex how this would ultimately work, I personally say minors may be used on someone once a day unless provoked. With proof of IC motive, moderated and confirmed by respective faction lead(s) and done through official verified gangs should work okay. Of course you'll have complaining but I don't think that is different from standard present day Gang Roleplay.

Ruin

Level 103
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
+1
rare sight of people agreeing with my boy sapout after his 384th gangrp suggestion

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+

I agree with zinth, and as good as this looks on paper there's just too many technical issues to be able to implement it. It'd be near impossible to monitor and it'd give staff too much of a workload to have to deal with infinitely more issues within the crime community in regards to mugging, acting on perms, passing perms, gaining majors from the minors, etc.

Something like this should be reserved for events and other special occasions. Minor permissions should not be handed out like candy because one gang agrees to beef another. Again though it seems like a nice idea, when put into practice it will just cause way too many issues.

SapouT

Level 21

I agree with zinth, and as good as this looks on paper there's just too many technical issues to be able to implement it. It'd be near impossible to monitor and it'd give staff too much of a workload to have to deal with infinitely more issues within the crime community in regards to mugging, acting on perms, passing perms, gaining majors from the minors, etc.

Something like this should be reserved for events and other special occasions. Minor permissions should not be handed out like candy because one gang agrees to beef another. Again though it seems like a nice idea, when put into practice it will just cause way too many issues.
I mean thats their job to monitor the gangrp community, and people will only get better as they practice more and have daily interactions. Instead of being always rusty in a way. Also to actually start a rivalty you would need to have a short history of unofficial rivalty such asmany attacks on eachother with meaningful ways that show gang rivalty or some strong ic mottive to be actively against that gang. Lastly, daily interactions like that would help staff develop the rules more too and cover possible windows thatmake misunderstandments possible

Users who are viewing this thread