mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

GangRP Rule Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

pashy

Level 183
Hello. I come with this suggestion with pure good intention and heart.

IGN:

pashyy

DATE:
11/29/2022

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Being able to stab or majorly harm someone without them being unconscious or knocked out.
Please, read below!

EDIT:
I actually can do want. It was a small misunderstanding.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮
Complain:

So I've been inactive on SRP for a long time and recently I've been coming back. I walked upon a new rule whilst attempting to stab someone and believed it was slightly absurd, which was I need to make him unconscious to majorly harm or stab him.
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯
-
╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮
Argument I:

So, as an old GangRPer, it's really sad to see us getting to this point.. It is really fun being like some street gangster and to take revenge, you run to someone, stab them or something and dip without the funny unnecessary process of K.O - I know I've made many suggestions that people considered lightheaded or so but I truly come with all seriousness and good intention to say this needs a re-look. .
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯
-
╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮
Argument II:
Imagine someone pulling a weapon to FearRP another, a katana, and the 2nd party pulls another one.. Are they meant to use their legs to fight until one is knocked out?
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

-
╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮
Argument III:
And from another perspective, it's hard for people without friends or just a few since outnumbers usually wins in fights when rather, you could be stealthy and just stab someone then dip.
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯
-
Thank you for reading. I completely take both opinions and will accept any comments whether it's aside or against me suggestion and with all good heart, as an old GangRPer, think this needs a huge re-look^^

I don't mean people's limbs by the way. I never specified a limb, stop being idiots, I generalized all majors which could also mean any stabbing​

Last edited:

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+

IN MY OPINION:

This would evidently decrease the possibly chance of getting away from being majorly injured by another person, instead of it just being 1 roll to stab you and you're done, its currently a KO which unless they have a spiked bat you have 2 chances of rolling to avoid being injured. The possibility of Majoring someone without them being knocked out was removed for very good reason as it discourages roleplay and makes it more of a PVP game when you just run up to someone & stab them without needing to interact with a fist fight first.

The example you gave with the two individuals with katanas and nobody else to back them up is incredibly rare, and heavily outdated, you can counteract this by getting consent from the other party if you'd rather to an actual P2L duel with them with a detailed sword fight instead of your intention being straight up majoring them.

As you've said GangRP is different now, and the best thing isn't to want to return back to the old ways. (CombatRP rules are already being looked into alongside the KPS rules revision) We should be adapting to the new rules that we have on the server currently, and change the old ways of doing them into a more Roleplay Oriented form of GangRP, hence why RP is in the acronym.

TLDR; Look forward to the new rules we have coming in which should not only encourage more player to player interaction and actual RP instead of just turning it into direct PVP where you are in and out as fast as possible with the least amount of interaction you can get.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
As a heads up: you are allowed to majorly harm someone while they are awake. You just aren't allowed to remove limbs.

Example: you want to prevent someone from running from you so you stab them in the thigh. This doesn't use up your majors either. The full extent of majors is the removal of a limb meaning that you can stab them and still have your majors.

Additionally, if your point still stands and you wish to make it allowable for you to be able to remove limbs while they are awake- let's be honest here. You cannot possibly cut off someone's limb clean off without there being tons of resistance. Although it may seem partially possible, it's still extremely difficult. So, if that's your point, -1.

pashy

Level 183
This would evidently decrease the possibly chance of getting away from being majorly injured by another person, instead of it just being 1 roll to stab you and you're done, its currently a KO which unless they have a spiked bat you have 2 chances of rolling to avoid being injured. The possibility of Majoring someone without them being knocked out was removed for very good reason as it discourages roleplay and makes it more of a PVP game when you just run up to someone & stab them without needing to interact with a fist fight first.

It's GangRP. There already is a fight backstory lore to what occurred and if you beat someone dangerous. You should be wary, you could get stabbed out of nowhere if he was part of a clan that asked for revenge. I take it into my disliking how always staff (No disrespect), bring up what fits best based on less risk and fun to survive.. I extremely enjoy the idea of being a street gangster and jumping someone to suddenly stab them after they beat you to create further roleplay moving on against, perhaps, his own gang. etc.

The example you gave with the two individuals with katanas and nobody else to back them up is incredibly rare, and heavily outdated, you can counteract this by getting consent from the other party if you'd rather to an actual P2L duel with them with a detailed sword fight instead of your intention being straight up majoring them.
You can't say the example is outdated and if you do it, p2l.. I would pull out a weapon back if someone pulls one on me, personally. I don't think there is any solution to said situation and p2l definitely is because I like to believe my characters are powerful and wouldn't let them lose. Simply, being able to harm should be allowed. I love you Zinth but, the situation is no solution with such a rule that is stopping fun and risk and some street gang shit and OG moves ):<

TLDR; Look forward to the new rules we have coming in which should not only encourage more player to player interaction and actual RP instead of just turning it into direct PVP where you are in and out as fast as possible with the least amount of interaction you can get.
I'm aware of the community's attempts but, I still think this could be a let in slide because it is really fun and it actually does create further roleplay without always having to involve in a huge fight between another gang and again.. SRP is partially realistic and this is a thing that would keep the GangRP category on its feet a bit too

Thanks for your opinion..?^^

pashy

Level 183
As a heads up: you are allowed to majorly harm someone while they are awake. You just aren't allowed to remove limbs.
I was told you can't majorly harm in any form by a community member and a staff confirmed it. I know, we should at least be allowed to slight major harm! And I do not wish to remove someone's limb while they are awake.. I just want to be able to stab them, their eye or anything.

Also, this is not my argument but additional comment: I do think a sharp long blade could cut through one of your limbs even whilst awake.. Based on my far knowledge of melee weapons? I could be very clueless about melee and how it works, who knows

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
I was told you can't majorly harm in any form by a community member and a staff confirmed it. I know, we should at least be allowed to slight major harm! And I do not wish to remove someone's limb while they are awake.. I just want to be able to stab them, their eye or anything.
You were misinformed by that staff member

The things I’ve said came from Yonio and Lewk themselves

pashy

Level 183
You were misinformed by that staff member

The things I’ve said came from Yonio and Lewk themselves
  1. "Someone just told me you can't major the person without knocking them out first x-x is it true..
    Can't I run up to someone, stab their eye and just dip or do I have to knock them out and do all that funny process then do major harm"

[Admin] HirathexYesterday at 20:30

"Gotta knock them out first"

Now, I don't think an eye-stab is a limb removal. If I actually indeed can stab or do light sort of major harm then my argument and suggestion here is unnecessary and I was, like you said, misinformed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
"Someone just told me you can't major the person without knocking them out first x-x is it true..
Can't I run up to someone, stab their eye and just dip or do I have to knock them out and do all that funny process then do major harm"

[Admin] HirathexYesterday at 20:30

"Gotta knock them out first"
You were not misinformed here. Yes, you must knock them out to MAJOR them. This doesn't go for stabbings and anything else similar

again, majors = the removal of a limb!!! you need to knock them out to remove a limb

pashy

Level 183
You were not misinformed here. Yes, you must knock them out to MAJOR them. This doesn't go for stabbings and anything else similar

again, majors = the removal of a limb!!! you need to knock them out to remove a limb
Yeah but I'm just stabbing their eye.. Not taking out just- a stab towards their eye x-x using major permissions

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
What nylu mentioned. Additionally, you can damage an eye whilst someone is awake, yes, but this damage can be healed by ems. If you want to cause permanent damage, you would need the victim to be knocked out to remove the eye. It works just the same as limbs; you can stab it whilst they are awake, buy it wont cause permanent damage that cannot be reverted by ems workers

pashy

Level 183
What nylu mentioned. Additionally, you can damage an eye whilst someone is awake, yes, but this damage can be healed by ems. If you want to cause permanent damage, you would need the victim to be knocked out to remove the eye. It works just the same as limbs; you can stab it whilst they are awake, buy it wont cause permanent damage that cannot be reverted by ems workers
Then what is the "-1" for ._.

Again, my argument was basically the realistic light harm only, nothing huge or unrealistic whilst someone is awake. I never wanted to cause permanent damage either, never specified I did, yet was still told I can't and the player told me to void the stab which was supported by a staff confirmation despite not specifying permanent damage nor taking it out but just stabbing it!

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
Yeah but I'm just stabbing their eye.. Not taking out just- a stab towards their eye x-x using major permissions
Yes, you can stab their eye then

but it won't be permanent damage unless you knock them out and take the eye

(Reminder: again, your majors wouldn't be used if you only stabbed them)

pashy

Level 183
Yes, you can stab their eye then
If this is the case, this was my only argument in this suggestion. Hirathex didn't specifically say that but say I must knock them out first. Sorry for not clarifying what I meant or any misunderstanding

Hirathex

Level 254
Senior Admin
Black Market Lead
Police Lead
Hirathex
Hirathex
Omega+
If this is the case, this was my only argument in this suggestion. Hirathex didn't specifically say that but say I must knock them out first. Sorry for not clarifying what I meant or any misunderstanding
to be fair you asked if it was true you needed to KO someone to major them, then asked about the eye specifically. i assumed you were talking about majoring as in removing the eye

layzah

Level 45
layzah
layzah
Omega+

It doesn't make sense to take someone's limb when they're entirely conscious. Why? Because you'd have to have GODLY precision to hit a moving target with a heavy weapon capable of removing a limb, such as a fire axe.

For example, they could allow a limb to be removed if the individual is tied down, making them unable to move an inch. However, you could easily use a spiked bat for the KO, then take a limb; This makes it more realistic and straightforward. No need to remove and replace this.

Imagine someone pulling a weapon to FearRP another, a katana, and the 2nd party pulls another one.. Are they meant to use their legs to fight until one is knocked out?
You could simply disarm them with your katana. You don't need to have them KO'ed to slice their wrists. Additionally, you could also change that to a P2L. Make it a little more fun, y'know?

pashy

Level 183

It doesn't make sense to take someone's limb when they're entirely conscious. Why? Because you'd have to have GODLY precision to hit a moving target with a heavy weapon capable of removing a limb, such as a fire axe.

For example, they could allow a limb to be removed if the individual is tied down, making them unable to move an inch. However, you could easily use a spiked bat for the KO, then take a limb; This makes it more realistic and straightforward. No need to remove and replace this.

You could simply disarm them with your katana. You don't need to have them KO'ed to slice their wrists. Additionally, you could also change that to a P2L. Make it a little more fun, y'know?

Read what was said above .__.

to be fair you asked if it was true you needed to KO someone to major them, then asked about the eye specifically. i assumed you were talking about majoring as in removing the eye
My bad for the misunderstanding, I guess. I didn't specify any sort of major but generalized all sort of harm and used the eye example to express a light major as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread