Level 5
_Washu_
_Washu_
Omega+
IGN: BundaRP (previously: _Washu_)
DATE: 16/11/23
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
A GangRP staff Q&A logbook.
Very basic. The way it works is whenever a unique question is answered by a staff member on SRP (With regards to perms or GangRP), they add it to the 'Staff Q&A GangRP Logbook'. This should be publicly available to everyone to help settle debates with perms. Whenever a perm rule has changed, the logbook should change accordingly.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

I personally, being a gangrp'er for a while now, think this is a necessity. I'm surprised it isn't already a thing considering the perms rules on the website are vague when put in practice. We find people still ask questions about perms, and when they do, they get different answers from staff members. This really shouldn't happen as it provides an unfair edge to players during gangrp (ie. picking and choosing what staff to listen to, to benefit them). For instance, recently a question that had multiple answers was the question of:
"When in a fight with a player, if you already have your phone out, do you need to action to make a call or text?"
The Conflicting answers I've received from an admin and BMDs:
- Yes, you need to action to send a text or call anyone, even if your phone is already out.
- No, you only need to action to pull your phone out then you're free to text / call as you please.

This has led to KPD being called without an action by the victim resulting in 2 of my friends being jailed. 600K spent in bails, a felony being given, and around another 300K in weps.

Should it be the case that they didn't need to action to make a call, then they would have played according to the rules and we would have approached the situation differently (Immediately stealing the phone off them on our first act). However, should I have been lucky enough to ask the right staffmember I could have prevented almost a loss of 1 million Yen in total due to inconsistencies in perms.

My above example is just supposed to highlight how significant a slight error in perm rules can be in gangrp. The logbook would prevent inconsistencies as a question can be searched up, and if it's not been previously answered, you would get a singular answer and have that new Q&A be added to the logbook for other people to see.

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
BMDs are not staff, and technically this already exists, it’s the rules and terminology document

_Washu_

Level 5
_Washu_
_Washu_
Omega+
BMDs are not staff, and technically this already exists, it’s the rules and terminology document
Oh, to be fair I've never heard of the rules and terms document. Are we able to access / read it?

+ from what I've understood you can ask BMDs questions and get answers from the Karakura Crime discord

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
GangRP has changed so much that people get confused by its rules, Staff member will always be the best responder in a situation for gangRP questions.

903C5926-8B8B-4E2C-A7DD-02095FE0C64C.jpeg

Popo

Level 31
DarkxWalker
DarkxWalker
Notable
"When in a fight with a player, if you already have your phone out, do you need to action to make a call or text?"
The Conflicting answers I've received from an admin and BMDs:
- Yes, you need to action to send a text or call anyone, even if your phone is already out.
- No, you only need to action to pull your phone out then you're free to text / call as you please.

You made a mistake, you might have misread how the question was answered by both BMDs.

The first BMD said you'd need to action to text or call anyone if you're in a combat scenario.
The other BMD said you'd not need to action if you're already on call and want to speak, so he didn't defy or give an opposite answer to the other BMD.

As always, you're better off getting a response from staff members if you want confirmation.

Infi

Level 131
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Honest request, give me one question that can’t be answered by looking on the forums

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
This is already planned. Something similar has already been in the process of writing/making on the behalf of the previous BMD lead (cam) but it’s been on halt (partially my fault). You’ll have something similar soon

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
Honest request, give me one question that can’t be answered by looking on the forums
at approximately what time did isaac newton sleep for the 7634th time

More seriously, don't think this is necessary due to a thread known as the rules, or another neat trick known as asking a staff member.

_Washu_

Level 5
_Washu_
_Washu_
Omega+
I feel like a lot of you have entirely misunderstood my point here.

The issue is asking staff members results in conflicting responses. The "Rules" page on forums is also very vague and doesn't cover all circumstances. That was what my example was supposed to highlight.
Maybe I wasn't clear but I think a lot of you have misunderstood my suggestion.

I'm suggesting that when a staff member responds to a question that hasn't been asked before, it gets saved somewhere in a logbook. This logbook should be accessible for everyone so if I end up in a similar situation, I can refer to it and get a similar response.

I'm asking for consistency with responses to perms is all, we do not have that with staff members.

Infi

Level 131
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I feel like a lot of you have entirely misunderstood my point here.

The issue is asking staff members results in conflicting responses. The "Rules" page on forums is also very vague and doesn't cover all circumstances. That was what my example was supposed to highlight.
Maybe I wasn't clear but I think a lot of you have misunderstood my suggestion.

I'm suggesting that when a staff member responds to a question that hasn't been asked before, it gets saved somewhere in a logbook. This logbook should be accessible for everyone so if I end up in a similar situation, I can refer to it and get a similar response.

I'm asking for consistency with responses to perms is all, we do not have that with staff members.
A better alternative to this is something that's already being worked on which is a GangRP FAQ. I guarantee you it'll answer most of your questions, and if there is a unique enough question that can't be referenced in either the rules or FAQ, then you can ask staff.

Logging every single unique question ever asked about GangRP is a massive waste of time. All questions that get asked can be answered by staff. They're here to answer your questions and guide you through the rules, not log your questions in a book so that they can tell everyone else to reference it therefor neglecting responsibility & interaction with the playerbase.

_Washu_

Level 5
_Washu_
_Washu_
Omega+
A better alternative to this is something that's already being worked on which is a GangRP FAQ. I guarantee you it'll answer most of your questions, and if there is a unique enough question that can't be referenced in either the rules or FAQ, then you can ask staff.

Logging every single unique question ever asked about GangRP is a massive waste of time. All questions that get asked can be answered by staff. They're here to answer your questions and guide you through the rules, not log your questions in a book so that they can tell everyone else to reference it therefor neglecting responsibility & interaction with the playerbase.
i entirely agree w u, the GangRP FAQ is v close to what I was suggesting. My suggestion stated only the unique questions should be logged

philbertman42

Level 137
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
obligatory "i hate gang roleplay"

The issue is asking staff members results in conflicting responses. The "Rules" page on forums is also very vague and doesn't cover all circumstances.
The rules are very comprehensive, the only issue I see with them is that it is split into various information documents (such as Weapon Profiles and KPD Equipment); it is highly unlikely that players are going to be informed enough to know every rule they are supposed to follow in regards to everything on the server by reading just the official rules.

In regards to general things that ARE covered by the official rules however (such as your own case), it's just a comprehension issue. Everything is written in no vague terms, if something isn't explicitly stated (either as it's own thing or underneath the umbrella of another rule) then it isn't a rule.

The REAL problem here is that gang roleplayers tend to make up whatever rules benefit them the most at any given moment, thus confusing literally everybody. Pair that with the fact that many of them are okay with deceiving players OOCly (especially new ones), and you have misinformation spreading around like a wildfire.

have i mentioned that i hate gang roleplay (just remove it from the server already)

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- We sadly can't account for every situation that takes place as no two are the same, so making a FAQ/Q&A book with an everchanging rule book seems fairly unrealistic. You can always contact Staff if you're stuck and need help via DMs or through a ticket.​

Users who are viewing this thread