mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

GangRP suggestion

vih!

Level 0
IGN: Yelafu
DATE: 15/05/2021
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: a suggestion about weapons & rolling amounts

WEAPONS & ROLLING AMOUNTS
A while back on SRP it used to be that if player A used a weapon against player B, all actions of player A were honoured. Now, both parties can roll the same amount, even if one of them doesn’t have a weapon and the other does. I believe the new way where both parties can roll the same amount doesn’t really make a lot of sense. If someone is attempting to attack you with a weapon you wouldn’t have very high chances of dodging the attack, the only thing you would be able to do is somehow dodge the attack, which isn’t that simple.
It would make more sense if, for example, a person carrying a weapon would get an additional number added to their current roll, for example, when using a katana you would get to roll +25, so instead of 150 you’d be able to roll 175 against someone unarmed. The rolling addition could be different for every weapon, depending on how good the weapon is. With this system there would still be a chance for the unarmed person to dodge an attack, it would just be more realistic since it is not that easy to just dodge a katana that is being swung towards you.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+

The only reason I’m against this because one it’s confusing to those who don’t really get involved with gangrp and it just so happens they were fighting/arguing with someone where it gained some type of perms where it escalated into kps which would literally only happen if the person pulled out a weapon or called the cops because their life feels very threatened. This is only benefiting the side that wants to use the weapon on the other because you decided to threaten the other and their only reaction was to either call for help or try to dodge your attacks and run away. In a life scenario it is possible to dodge an attack from a weapon especially if the person’s character was trained/took classes in self defense etc. I’m pretty sure this rule was added because characters were getting killed left and right with no valuable reason and there were many complaints.

I want to also add you guys have way too many advantages already. You guys have advantages with the cops with the timers and so on. People came here to roleplay for school not for their character to be merked after standing their grounds. You guys should learn and understand that gangrp doesn’t always have to be about trying to kill your neighbor down the hall because they slept with your partner and it hurt your feelings.

Maybe it should be about learning to use different methods to off someone rather than oops your dead or bleeding out after slicing you up with a katana. Very cute. Like no. Try to use crazy and unique ways because there are ways. I think people are forgetting that everything in the world especially real life can be used as a weapon if you know how hard to hit a person with it. Maybe in the srp world they may not allow it I’m not 100% sure because I’m not part of the killing side of it all but it is encouraged to be smart with your actions.

I went on a rant a bit but this suggestion just seems a little too much at this point.

Vinni

Level 18

The only reason I’m against this because one it’s confusing to those who don’t really get involved with gangrp and it just so happens they were fighting/arguing with someone where it gained some type of perms where it escalated into kps which would literally only happen if the person pulled out a weapon or called the cops because their life feels very threatened. This is only benefiting the side that wants to use the weapon on the other because you decided to threaten the other and their only reaction was to either call for help or try to dodge your attacks and run away. In a life scenario it is possible to dodge an attack from a weapon especially if the person’s character was trained/took classes in self defense etc. I’m pretty sure this rule was added because characters were getting killed left and right with no valuable reason and there were many complaints.

I want to also add you guys have way too many advantages already. You guys have advantages with the cops with the timers and so on. People came here to roleplay for school not for their character to be merked after standing their grounds. You guys should learn and understand that gangrp doesn’t always have to be about trying to kill your neighbor down the hall because they slept with your partner and it hurt your feelings.

Maybe it should be about learning to use different methods to off someone rather than oops your dead or bleeding out after slicing you up with a katana. Very cute. Like no. Try to use crazy and unique ways because there are ways. I think people are forgetting that everything in the world especially real life can be used as a weapon if you know how hard to hit a person with it. Maybe in the srp world they may not allow it I’m not 100% sure because I’m not part of the killing side of it all but it is encouraged to be smart with your actions.

I went on a rant a bit but this suggestion just seems a little too much at this point.
I honestly completely agree with you

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
I'm putting in my two cents in (-1)

Yes it may be hard to dodge a katana being swung at you, but I feel like the equal rolling amount takes into account most if not all 18-20 year olds aren't master swordsmen. In a real fight losing each roll probably translates to you missing some, and the other person dodging some. I feel like people forget that there's a chance they just straight up miss. As for gangrpers mingling with regular players, it does happen, like half the police calls we get on the server are from people who just messed up and the wrong crowd attacked them. I too think gangrp should lean away from character killing just because it's kinda boring and repetitive and usually the roleplay is really bad (detailrp =/= good rp, same with /me stabs).

people find cop kills "impossible" nowadays.
3 cops have died in the last two weeks, that's all I have to say

also dont gatekeep feedback threads

pashy

Level 183

I believe this suggestion has been suggested before and denied. I don't support the idea, and from other side even if it's to be accepted I don't think somehow the katana would get more powerful and get you to roll additional amount. Maybe it'd be better if the roll amount of the unarmed person to decrease rather.

Reedmarkable

Level 10
GhostfireFan
GhostfireFan
Rich+
The biggest -1 I will EVER give out.
Do I even have to explain my -1? It's quite obvious so I will not explain seeming as others have also explain.
Like Cloud said, 3 cops have been killed in the last 2 weeks which is honestly unbelievable.
I also believe this has been suggested, and denied.

Don't gatekeep this just cause someone doesn't GangRP, I myself don't and can't GangRP, but I believe anyone can have an opinion on this since it is a public suggestion. Though they may not GangRP, it should be fine for them to have an opinion and not just people who participate in GangRp or is a GangRPer, cause everyone and anyone can have an opinion on suggestions.
^ this is for below

Since you don't partake in GangRP, I don't really think it makes sense for you to add your opinion since these changes wouldn't be affecting you at all. Your opinion obviously isn't authentic as you don't have any experience in GangRP.

Prosthettics

Level 40
Prosthettics
Prosthettics
Rich

I understand where you're coming from, however messing with the rolling amounts isn't really something we want to do as we've got a pretty solid set of current ones that players have been using forever, it would just be overcomplicating it for the average player to change them around solely for GangRP. As mentioned above, teenagers are not master swordsmen either, meaning it would make sense to not have absolute precision with each strike.

In addition to that, just as all players gain 10 minutes to live in order to be fair, all players must be able to at the very least roll to dodge for their own self-preservation of their characters as well.

Keep in mind that CopRP vs GangRP alongside GangRP in general is being closely watched, monitored, & worked on more than ever.

What I don't approve of however is to how you are speaking to one another in this thread; you may express your feedback & state your opinions in a civilized manner with the goal of being constructive, there is no need to senselessly point fingers around & vilify one another. It helps no one, solves nothing, & only creates more conflict. Some of these responses that have done absolutely nothing other than flame one side or another have been deleted. Do refresh yourselves on the forum rules here.

Last edited:

Minobu

Level 218
Minobu
Minobu
Notable+
DENIED

- The following thread has been denied after the Staff-Teams discussion on the topic and my personal opinion as being the Crime's faction lead. This process has been deemed as unsuitable due to realism statements as mentioned above. Adding on to that factor, there was a new approaching system that provides depth to actually having a weapon of range now rather than how it was before

Thank you for your patience in response, though unfortunately this will be marked as Denied

Users who are viewing this thread