mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

GangRP Update (controversial)

Xenonium

Level 0
Alright so, in this thread I'm going to be breaking down on why this server needs a major gangrp update, and how it might benefit the server and improve other aspects of roleplay in general. The current version of GangRP is seen as 'toxic' and 'mingey' so I'm going to offer some suggestions to improve this while also not crippling it to the point where it's not gangrp but just a business.

What I would like to be included in this update:
  • Rules remaining consistent to not just GangRPers, but to also CopRP, which are both kind of the same thing.

• b) This means that the rules apply to every single person on the server, no one is above them and therefore there cannot be any arguements, the rules must remain absolute. This will also make the staff members job easier

• Areas that encourage GangRP, but also keep it relatively far away from other players who choose to not live that life and stay away from Gangs. Areas were crime is very common and police do not have absolute domination over.

• Activites for GangRPers to do, for example a quick and easy way to make money, which will encourage players to want to GangRP, and therefore take a risk of getting arrested or killed.

• b) This could be drug dealing, or completely abolishing the black market, and instead of creating mostly inactive black market dealers, giving gangs control of the weaponry, and therefore letting them supply the public for a certain price. This would also encourage turf wars in which selling weaponry or potentially drugs/alcohol/fakeids on someone elses turf can result in death and therefore gang wars that actually make sense in IC.

• Police activity being kept active while also being kept away from the high crime areas unless absolutely necessary, and therefore the killing of cops by GangRPers will be discouraged.

• Remove the copy pasting rule, as it doesn't actually do anything except make actions just as quick, but extremely less detailed and everyone can accuse anyone of copy pasting.

• Weapon vs No weapon should be made as automatically honour as this adds realism and you can actually kill people without them escaping due to pure luck.

• Remove the blacklist for GangRP, as most people only play the server for that exact reason, and I've found that most of the people who actually get blacklisted are blacklisted in situations against the KPD, which staff are heavily bias too due to the fact, most of the staff are in/ were in the KPD at one point. (not trying to hate on it, just a clear, undeniable truth I've found from playing.)

• Find some sort of way to nerf the Glock-19 that the KPD officers have, as it breaches the rules of one turn each, and is automatically honour with infinite range as long as you can see the person. It's ridiculously overpowered and allows one person to take out an entire room of people in 10 seconds providing they are experienced with it.

• Last but not least, completely remove safezones, they can cause extreme loop-holing and there are no rules that regulate what is allowed in a safezone and what is not allowed in a safe zone, for example, GangRPers cannot do anything to someone in a safezone, but cops can arrest in a safezone, where the player has no choice but to comply. It doesn't make any sense in IC, and therefore it shouldn't be there. If players truly feel like they are in danger, there's already protective custody and things like that to keep them safe.

• b) Because of kill permissions, only people who give kill permissions by causing some sort of trouble can be killed, meaning GangRPers don't actually go around killing civilians unless absolutely necessary. So I don't understand, at all, what the point of a safezone is.
All of these suggestions are subject to change/amendment, I would love to hear your suggestions, but I don't want this thread to spiral into spiteful comments about GangRP's and what they do, I understand this server's meta is to side with the cops, but I would like all players to see in a general POV on this server.

foua

Level 0
you're clearly not supposed to use the safe-zones to loophole. i know that people used to literally target ems', and kill random people at spawn. it would usually end up with a ton of people ending up NLR'd when they just want to roleplay.
If someone uses a safe-zone to avoidrp, report them. Easy.

I understand what you mean, but it's easy to report them- instead of making things harder for ems and new players at spawn.

Drug dealing also doesn't make sense ICly, as you need a prescription to get the medication. all of a sudden you don't need your meds? so you like just sell it? it's obviously just to get a prescription to sell it, which I've done before, and multiple others I know have. the person who made the prescription got in trouble and i just felt very bad (not related but yeahhh)

i like the gangrp activities, it sounds fun. but like it's also a SCHOOL roleplay server.

the rest is fine imo, but remember that gangrp is one part of the server, and you don't want to make it difficult for others.

Rimmybaud

Level 13
Weapon vs No weapon should be made as automatically honour as this adds realism and you can actually kill people without them escaping due to pure luck.
I agree for this with big weapons like katanas, however, I think for knives or knuckle dusters or getting headbutted by a hard mask, players should have to roll as there it's possible to dodge those. Or at least get to roll lower than the attacker as the attacker still has an upper hand in a way. Either way I never really seen the point of both players getting an equal roll.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread