mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Geography of my Characters

Coffeeccubus

Level 18
So it seems people get freaked out whenever one of my characters speak a different language or originate from some place they have no clue where it's at.

So I'm here to help!

Being a massive geonerd, and knowing this is geography, not history, because people keep thinking it's history, and forgetting that cultures are indeed history, but those that are still around are current events, I had taken the liberty of giving you images of where my characters are from, so you won't have to question ever again.

So let's start.

Valencia Pasquier

Valencia is from Normandy, in the country of France.

Normandy is in Northern France. Surprisingly, the Normans were not actually French, but are decendents of Vikings that came to the region. They were Francophied and adopted French culture after settling. Normandy was well known for it's holdings, and famously for the 1066 Battle of Hastings by William the Bastard, aka the Conqueror

In 2016, Normandy was made into one region which maeks up the historical Dutchy of Normandy.

When Valencia was born, she was born in the region of Lower Normandy in the city of Caen.

Her father, Adam is from Corsica, or Corse.

Her father speaks the island's native language, Corsican, which is extremely similar to another language, Tuscan. Her father is from Ajaccio, so she speaks the Transizione Cismontano/Oltramontano variant

Asfa al-Qasim

Asfa is from Bahrain.

Bahrain is a very small country in the Arabian Penisula, which is an island that is only connected via the King Fahd Causeway between Khobar, Saudi Arabia and Al Jasara.

Asfa's father is from Iraq.

Do not confuse the country for Iran because the two are completely different. Iraq is an Arab speaking nation, Iran speaks a completley differnet language, but both use the same Arabic Scribt.

Namgyal 'Aleksandra' Khetsunyeva

Namgyal is from Russia

More specifically, she is from one of Russia's Republics, known as Kalmykia.

Kalmykia is the only Buddhist majority populated area in Europe, and the largest Mongol populated area in Europe. They are decendents from migrants who came to the area during hte Russian Empire. Kalmykia's territory was also apart of the Golden Horde

Ra 'Yi Jin' Geum-Suk
Yi Jin is from Sariwon, North Korea.

North Korea's territory was under many kingdoms, but the most prominent North Korean centric Empire was the Goguryeo Empire.

Alright, I think that's enough geography. You all should get it now.

Now please don't ask me again.

Users who are viewing this thread