mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted Geography Teacher Application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
IGN (In Game Name): Floral__
Previous bans: I have been banned twice, one ban was back in the old school and it was for NLR and I wasn't necessarily banned from the server, I was just banned from entering the portal in the lobby for around 20 minutes. And I was also banned for six months back in August 2016, for multiple alts and I couldn't necessarily prove that I wasn't since I didn't know how to send screen shots or anything, but now I do.

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes I do understand that the majority of the answers are in the roleplay documents, since I have already read the threads within the roleplay documents thoroughly.

Describe your activity on the server: I would say that I am active on the server, I do play almost everyday and I usually play for around 2-3 hours on weekdays but sometimes more. On weekends I play for around 4-6 hours since I have a lot of spare time on the weekends, but if I am busy on the weekends I play for around 1-3 hours.

Do you have TeamSpeak3? No I do not have TeamSpeak, but I can get it, but if I can't I am in the school discord and I do have skype.

Do you have a microphone? Yes, I do have a microphone.

List your current and past applications: My most recent application was for, Councillor which was accepted, and I also applied for School Mentor which was declined, for lack of detail.

What is your motivation for applying?: My main motive for applying is my love, for Geography I absolutely love the subject and I would love the opportunity to educate the students of Taketatsu High School about our world. And I have always wanted to be a teacher and my main desire is to teach, it has always been my dream job since I have always loved helping people, and learning. And I want a 'passion based' career.

Have you read the megathread for Teachers?
Have you read
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/teacher-code-of-conduct.1038/ ?
Have you read
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/faculty-handbook.1981/ ?
Yes I read them both thoroughly.

You want to start a school field trip, what would you do? To request a School Field Trip you'd have to make a Field Trip Application, and wait for it to be accepted or declined before you go on the trip.
As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class: 1. Students shall not speak, unless told to do so by the teacher.
2. Treat your classmates, and your teacher with respect.
3. In the classroom, you must stay seated unless the teacher tells you to come to their desk, or to the front of the class.
4. You must complete all homeworks, and class work and must submit your homework on the due date and no later.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise): I do not have teaching experience since I have never applied for the role. But I have witnessed and I have attended multiple classes throughout my school years, to really see how it's done and how you should act as a teacher.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:

Trainee (Trainee)
Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT)
Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS)
Head of Department (HD)

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers? Yes, I have.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that?
To be honest I wouldn't change much, but one thing I would change is when a teacher sets an assignment without even explaining the topic, and they expect you to know what they mean (for example). "Hello class, todays assignment is to list 5 types of volcanoes", this results in the students becoming confused since they haven't been taught this topic before.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
Teachers are there to educate students, and provide them with the knowledge to potentially succeed in life. Teachers also are there to help the students, to become more confident in themselves and their work, they're also there to help students and to provide them with support throughout their school years. In school a teacher has classes, meetings, marks students work and tests and they have to evaluate the student's progress throughout their school years. And in my opinion, without teachers there would be no point in attending school since in school, you're supposed to be educated and you won't be able to be educated, or to be taught anything due to there being no teachers. The average salary for a teacher in the US, is $47,760 per year but in game the average salary is 250,000¥ Monthly.

Whilst teaching a teacher must be clear when explaining things to the students, and if not that would most likely result in the students becoming confused. Teachers should also respect each student whilst teaching, and if a student needs help the teacher should approach them in a beneficial way.

In a teacher's spare time they either, prepare/plan for next lesson, mark work, grade the students test papers or mark homeworks. And since teachers also have social lives they might, go out with friends, go out with their families etc..

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server:
Teachers are extremely important to the server because, they make the server more realistic because what's the point of having a school based server, when there is no teachers. And having teachers, just make the server way more fun due to the fact that without teachers there would be no classes.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:
Trainee- Is a soon to be teacher, in training. Trainee's are there to observe the teacher, to give the Trainee an insight on the requirements needed to be a teacher, and how to be a teacher.
Newly Qualified Teacher- You're almost qualified to teach, you can have classes now and again but only if you're given permission by the Head of Department.
Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills- They no longer need permission to have classes, they can have a class when they choose to.
Head of Department- They're basically in-charge of a certain subjects department.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The lesson planning system that the school works on is the 'Must have, Should have, Could have' system.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does she look like? What makes her unique and different? What is her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is her personality like? What is her plan for the future?

Fleur, has long brunette hair and fair skin, which is immaculate. She also has dark-green eyes, and a broad, rounded nose. She has a rectangular face, with angular cheekbones. Shes quite curvy, but she embraces her curves. Fleur, is very creative and is very good at envisioning things, she's also very intelligent and is also very determined and one of her main desires, is to be successful and to help others be successful. She also loves learning new things, and has a positive mindset, and outlook on life and loves to inspire others to be more positive. Fleur absolutely loves, and enjoys teaching the students since they're all a pleasure to teach, she also encourages every student to try there best. She respects all the teachers and is very kind to each and everyone of them, and would never say a bad thing about them. Fleurs plan for the future is to hopefully, move forward in her teaching career and to potentially start a family.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

I would give them a warning, and if they continue it will result in them receiving a detention. And if they don't stop after that I will take them to the Principal's office, for them to receive a more severe punishment for their actions.
No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?
I will try find out who the main, students are causing the disruption and I will ask them to leave the classroom and they can only come back in when I tell them to do so. Then I'd explain to the rest of the class, that if they continue to disrupt and to continue to not listen they will join them outside my classroom.
When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?
My character, will try to communicate with the other teachers and discuss things with them but will treat them with respect. And she also will mark work, homework, test papers and plan next lesson whilst in the teachers lounge.
Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
/me lists the disruptive students names on the board.
/me abruptly places the test papers directly on the students desks.
/me calls out the students names that are yet to hand in their homework.
/me writes todays topic on the board, with white chalk.
/me Takes the roll, whilst glancing around the room.

BACKSTORY

Fleur, has always followed the rules and has always abide by them. She was, just so sweet and so innocent. She never had a bad thing to say about anybody, people treated her kindly and she treated other people kindly. She was a bright, bubbly soul who was extremely positive and at the time her only goal in life, was to spread positivity. But, that once sweet, innocent girl became dark, mean and depressed as soon as she started High School. Fleur completely changed as soon as she walked through those doors, when she came home from her first day at High School even her parents were concerned. She experienced bullying, and cyberbullying, she was called awful, un-thinkable names. She even faked sick, so she didn't have to go to school. It got to the point that her parents, decided to withdraw her from the school, and to enroll her into a new school. As soon as she started her new school, she became more courageous in her work, and tried a lot harder she was top of her class, in Geography and Maths and PE. She got all the education she needed, she got all A*'s in GCSE's and was swiftly becoming the bright soul she once was. She then stayed in school for A Levels, she studied her favourite subject Geography and many more. After A Levels, she was seeking a job, teaching was her dream job and her passion but she doubted herself and didn't think she'd get the job. That's why she got a job, in a nursery and worked there for a few years but she then decided that's not what she wanted to do for the rest of her life. And then she reminded herself that anything, and almost everything is possible. So she booked a flight to Japan, and flew out there the next day. She was roaming the streets of Japan one day and she was handed a leaflet, a leaflet based on a job interview at a local school and they were looking for teachers. She swiftly ran to the school, and immediately spoke to the receptionist if she would be able to get her an interview, which the receptionist was able to get her. Fleur, took that interview and she got the job. Everything she has worked for, and did had finally paid off. She is now permanently living in Japan, and is a teaching her favourite subject, Geography at Taketatsu High School.

IN CHARACTER
(
Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Fleur Ross Maxwell.
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss.
Given Name(s): Fleur.
Preferred Name: Miss Maxwell/Miss Ross/Fleur.
Religious Denomination:Anglicanism
Marital Status: Single

Nationality:Polish
Current Location:Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 0
Working Experience (# of years): 4

Academic Degree: Master's Degree

Year of Graduation: 2013
Major(s): Geography, Physical Education, Maths.
Minors: Science, History, English.

Native Languages: English
Other Languages: Polish

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes, I do.
Preferred Teaching Subject: Geography.

Additional notes about your application (if any): N/A

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread