cuddlesmeow

Level 99
cuddlesyou
cuddlesyou
Omega+
IGN: cuddlesmeow
DATE: May 16, 2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

I suggest for the gesture command to have an automatic action massage added to it. So that when you click a gesture, a roleplay action gonna be sent right away.

For Example: Whenever you use the bow gesture, it will immediately sends /me bows respectfully or a similar expression. Just like /feed messages, and I also suggest adding it to /raisehand, /lay and /sit.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

It will make gestures more effective when roleplaying and will make so much cooler!

Last edited:

EnderBubs

Level 57

Though I think it’s not that bad of an idea, it takes away the “creative” aspect I feel of players being able to write there own actions for gestures and things like this

And again in the end, players can do it on there own and it may also becoming annoying after some time to some players that everytime you use a gesture an action appears

markoos

Level 28
Sits down in the wrong place. Gets up. Sits again. Gets up... meanwhile *sits* *sits* *sits* *si t s* *sits* overall -1

Oliverium

Level 51
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
Gestures are automatic, you have plenty of time to write out /me actions while they play animations. That, or make some keybinds (with lunar, feather, etc.)

Lizalopod

Level 130
No mans sky uses this for their emote system and I can confirm it's the single most annoying thing in existence

-1, just no

wezy

Level 3
we2y
we2y
Rich
IGN: cuddlesmeow
DATE: May 16, 2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

I suggest for the gesture command to have an automatic action massage added to it. So that when you click a gesture, a roleplay action gonna be sent right away.

For Example: Whenever you use the bow gesture, it will immediately sends /me bows respectfully or a similar expression. Just like /feed messages, and I also suggest adding it to /raisehand, /lay and /sit.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

It will make gestures more effective when roleplaying and will make so much cooler!

you can just use a auto hot key mod (they are usually included in clients such as Lunar or Feather) to easily solve this e.g.

bind ‘b’ /gesture starjumps
bind ‘b’ /me starts doing starjumps

if you press ‘b’ both of these will play simultaneously.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+

I get you want to make it easier for people to action, but this simply isn’t needed because:

- You can easily type it in.

- It’s already assumed what they’re doing unless it’s something you can’t physically see in Minecraft like a grab.

- This will limit roleplayers. Imagine wanting to write a long action in which you start doing jumping jacks, then you gesture and it sends “[Character] started doing jumping jacks”. There’s no need for that, and now it gets annoying because it sent an action you already did.

cuddlesmeow

Level 99
cuddlesyou
cuddlesyou
Omega+

I get you want to make it easier for people to action, but this simply isn’t needed because:

- You can easily type it in.

- It’s already assumed what they’re doing unless it’s something you can’t physically see in Minecraft like a grab.

- This will limit roleplayers. Imagine wanting to write a long action in which you start doing jumping jacks, then you gesture and it sends “[Character] started doing jumping jacks”. There’s no need for that, and now it gets annoying because it sent an action you already did.
They can do it so that you could choose in whenever you wanted enabled or not, rather than being forced to use it

EnderBubs

Level 57
They can do it so that you could choose in whenever you wanted enabled or not, rather than being forced to use it
Most players wouldn’t care that much at all to enable something that they can just type out

Not just that most players have hotkeys which allow them to say or do an action at the press of a button so if anything if they don’t want to have to type out an action everytime they do gesture they can set up a hotkey that does the action for them

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
Then that’s just extra work. It’s the same thing as a keybind. Most players will end up disabling it, and it’ll be hard work for nothing.

EnderBubs

Level 57
^^^

As Nylu said, it’s just extra pointless work that no one would really want to put the effort into doing.

As well as what if you want to edit the message and you don’t like what the current set action says? You won’t be able too

It’s just overall not worth the effort seekng how it’s just extra work for something players can type out in less than 5 seconds

yazure

Level 32
Community Team
Builder
yazure
yazure
Notable
you can just /me by urself, fortunately you can write while using the gesture

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

- If you're using Gestures for In-Character purposes, you can write these out yourself using /me or /it​

Users who are viewing this thread