mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted ghid's Event Team Application

minty

Level 10
IGN:
ghid [sweetsounds, softspots, MintyPebble]

Explain your activity on the Server:
I log on at least once a day but usually for abnormally unhealthy amounts of time. I log onto the server at around 8:30 AM EST and stay online until 2:00 PM EST then I log off for a bit and log on again from 5:00 PM EST to around 2:00 AM EST. Usually, these times vary but it’s the sad truth. I spend more time on this server than I’d like to admit. I’m also quite active on the discord, considering I have discord on all of my devices, including my mobile phone, and I keep my notifications on for almost all SchoolRP related servers.

What previous experience do you have working in a team?:
I was previously on the event team, I was actually one of the first people added to the event team. I quit SchoolRP for a few months for personal reasons meaning I had to quit the event team but now that I’m back and I’m sure that I won’t be gone for a while, I’d like to come back. I believe that I was very cooperative on the team and I made sure I’d interact with almost all members in order to get the team to work together. I have also been on the SchoolRP staff team though I left for the same reason that I left the event team previously. I was on it for a while and I considered myself collaborative and I know that I found it very easy to communicate with people from all the teams I was associated with. To further my point, I was also captain of the college cheer team for a period of time. Throughout this period of time, I was able to display my organizational skills, leadership skills, and my accountability, and ability to interact with the team members. I am currently on the college cheer team as a normal cheerleader again and I still feel like I can communicate with my team with ease because I’m comfortable with speaking in groups.

What makes you different from other applicants?:
I’ve been on the team before and I know what is expected of me. Since I have previous experience in this team, I know how to format my event documents, how to effectively speak with other team members, and how to voice my opinions in meetings. I also know what goals I’d like the team to work towards and how to do that because I have a general idea of how the team functions. Along with this, since I have been on the server for a while and had the chance to communicate with the community, I have a better understanding of what events will be better than others. Aside from my previous experience on the team, I also have magnificent organizational skills. I tend to be very nit-picky about how I format my documents so everything will be very formal and easy to understand. I also am timely so I’d never miss a meeting on purpose and I don’t believe I was ever late to any sort of meeting, staff, event team, or cheer alike. The last thing I’d like to mention is how I know and am comfortable with a few of the members of the team already. This will make communication and meetings a lot easier because I’m already situated with the team and can pleasantly discuss during meetings, etc.

Provide a detailed event proposal that would be seen by the Event-Team:
Before I begin pitching my ideas, I’d like to stress that I’ll be submitting as many FLASH EVENTS as possible because I believe that the server would benefit more from unannounced events. They’re also easier to do flash events because they don’t need heavy preparation for the majority of the time. Most events that are overplanned and announced end up going wrong because of the high expectations we give them by announcing them prior. The only events I’ll be claiming will be announced are those that I’m sure NEED to be announced, ex. Events in which people have to make themed skins, etc.

STRANDED
DATE: TBD
TYPE: Unannounced/Flash Event

SUMMARY: A group of five students from a different city comes across an island on their boat near Karakura in hopes that it’s the city but they end up getting stuck there because they no longer have fuel and they swear they saw a creature in the water somewhere near to where they were. They end up camping out and trying to get the attention of a citizen on the shore. Eventually, it’s announced to the citizens that they’re stranded and they have to complete certain tasks to assist in getting a boat to the kids to save them and take them to shore.

[THEY CAN’T SWIM THERE BECAUSE, OF THE REPORTS OF A CREATURE, THEY’D SIMPLY BE SPAWNED.]

DETAILED DESCRIPTION: A group of around five students from a neighboring city is traveling via boat when they see an odd creature in the water. They believe it may be dangerous so instead of continuing towards the next island over (Karakura), they decide to park on a smaller island. They’re already low on fuel so they take the risk and shore their boat on the island. Upon realizing that they’re stranded when they check that their fuel tank is empty, they resort to trying to get people on the beach to assist them. This is the explanation that not many people will get the chance to see if this event plays out though it’s nice to have a reason as to why five people are simply stranded. I’d also like to note that instead of having this complicated explanation, they could just be on their boat and they run out of fuel before they get to shore and that’s why they’re stranded. Personally, I prefer this option because it keeps it simple but I just thought it’d be nice to give two different reasons as to how they’re stranded and why.

[THIS IS NOT THE FINAL DRAFT OF THE /EVENT’S, THESE WILL BE EDITED BECAUSE, I’M NOT CONFIDENT IN HOW THEY ARE WORDED. THIS APPLIES TO ALL /EVENT’S IN THIS PROPOSAL.]

/event &6[&c&lEVENT&6] &fA group of students have been reported stranded at sea, unable to move their boat. Supposedly, their fuel tank is empty. An unknown creature has also been spotted near that area in the waters. . Maybe it’s best to not enter the water.

/event &6[&c&lOOC&6] &fIf you swim towards the boat you will not be permitted to participate in this event.

Following this, there would be a small period in which /events are not sent yet to allow people to crowd at the beach. The /events following this will simply explain that they have to get another boat to give the students extra fuel so that both boats can make it to shore. Their first task will be to move a boat that’s on the shore to the water. This will require a certain amount of players to push on the boat at once. (I didn’t want to make an assumption on how many people would attend so I didn’t specify how many people are required to do /me pushes boat or just stand there though I’d expect it’d roughly 50-75 players required.) After this, obviously, it wouldn’t be the end of the event. The players will be told that there are five fuel tanks around the beach and that they’re to retrieve them. Assuming that there are a lot of players- this number may rise or lessen depending on how preparations go. Regardless, they have to retrieve the fuel tanks and bring them back to the boat. Two to fill up the stranded boat and three for the boat that they had just pushed into the water.

/event &6[&c&lEVENT&6] &fLooks like there’s a boat on the shore of the beach. That could possibly help in rescuing the students. . Though it looks like it needs to be pushed into the water.

/event &6[&c&lOOC&6] &f[50 PEOPLE REQUIRED TO PUSH THE BOAT INTO THE WATER]

Once they push the boat into the water, hopefully, they get can the boat world edited into the water. If not then the players will simply have to use their imagination.

/event &6[&c&lEVENT&6] &fAWESOME! We got the boat into the water. Unfortunately, the fuel tank is empty! Look around the beach for some extra canisters.

/event &6[&c&lEVENT&6] &f0/5 canisters found.
/event &6[&c&lEVENT&6] &f1/5 canisters found.
/event &6[&c&lEVENT&6] &f2/5 canisters found.
/event &6[&c&lEVENT&6] &f3/5 canisters found.
/event &6[&c&lEVENT&6] &f4/5 canisters found.
/event &6[&c&lEVENT&6] &f5/5 canisters found.

Finally, when they finish finding the last canister, the final two /events will be sent and the event will come to an end. The students will have been saved and from there the E.T. members that are playing the characters can either continue RP if they wish or we can come up with an excuse saying that they have enough fuel to go back home and that they must leave.

/event &6[&c&lEVENT&6] &fThe rescue boat sails off and eventually so do the no-longer stranded students. They sail away into the distance and neither boats are seen again. The citizens saved the students and it would seem as though, the creature never existed.

CONCLUSION: It was a simple event where many players have to work together to push the rescue boat into the water and then go on a scavenger hunt to get fuel in order to save the students. The /events can be edited at a later date but it’s simply a fun event where people get together and help others. I believe that there should be more events like this where it’s non-violent and calm which is exactly why I’ll be submitting more flash events like these if I get onto the team.

AUTUMN BEAUTY PAGEANT
DATE: TBD
TYPE: School/Club Held Event - Announced in the Karakura Academics Discord

SUMMARY: It’s exactly what you expect it to be. It’s a beauty pageant that’s held by the Fashion Club or the school overall. The pageant is autumn-themed and has three/four categories. Talent, evening wear (dresses), trivia/interview. In each category, the ten contestants that have RSVP’d through discord will have to display their skills towards that category, ex. In trivia, a contestant may be asked something along the lines of ‘Who was crowned Miss World in 1993?’ and they’d have to answer correctly. The participants will be scored in each category by the three-five judges and the winner will receive a tiara and a 50,000 yen prize.

DETAILED DESCRIPTION: This event, as stated above, will be announced through the Karakura Academics discord. In the announcement, it will specify that in order to participate you must have a female character and that there are only ten slots. You must RSVP to the club owner’s DMs. (If the event isn’t club-hosted then it would be in the event team member that’s hosting’s DMs.) After this, the participants will be given a set amount of days to prepare. They will have roughly five days to prepare, getting a talent, skin, and prepare for any question during the trivia/interview section we can throw at them! On the day of, during school hours and the time provided in the event, this intercom will be sent:

/intercom This autumns school fall beauty pageant will be held in the cafeteria! Make your way over and see our ten contestants show up and show out in style as they compete for the whopping yen-prize of 50,000 yen and the 2020 Autumn Beauty Pageant- one of a kind tiara!

Once this is announced and ten minutes have passed, the contestants will walk out onto the stage in their talent outfits and one by one they’ll be introduced by the host. Following this, they’d go behind the curtain and in alphabetical order begin the first category- talent. The girls will each be given five-ten minutes to display their talent ICly but before they do this they must state their talent and then they may begin. After their five-ten minutes is up, they’ll join the other girls behind the curtain and wait for the rest to finish. The host will say for each girl:

/mel &fsays “State your name and the name of the talent you’ll be performing.”

The next category will begin which is evening wear. They’ll be given five minutes to change into their dressed and then they’ll all line up on stage. One-by-one each of them will step forward and do a little cat-walk then walk back to their spot in line. After the judges have scored each girl, they’ll all go behind the curtain and the next portion of the pageant will begin.

Finally, the trivia/interview portion of the contest will begin and each girl will one-by-one go up on stage and be asked to answer questions. These will not be the exact questions because if they were, the event would be spoiled though these are simply examples; for the trivia portion they’d be asked questions like:

Q. Who was the first Asian to win the Miss Universe title?
A. Akiko Kojima (Bonus Points: Name the country she’s from.)

Q. What's the only pageant that has individual titles for the runners-up?
A. Miss Earth (Bonus Points: Name the titles that the runners-up get.)

My entire application will not be trivia questions so I’ll leave the rest of the questions for the imagination. After one trivia question is asked, the girl will be asked two ‘interview’ questions! Two examples of these questions could be, ‘who is your role model’ and ‘why do you think that people have a negative image of pageantry?’ Following this, the participant will be requested to go back behind the curtain and wait for the rest of the girls to finish and this process repeats will all ten contestants. Since this is the last category, the judges would then tally up the scores and all the girls would line up. The winner would be revealed and the prizes would be distributed.

CONCLUSION: The event would end off with the prize being distributed and the contestants would disperse. Everyone would be permitted to either stay and congratulate the winner or leave. The host would thank everyone for coming and the walk-off stage, ending the event.

MISCELLANEOUS
This is simply a few ideas that I didn’t feel fit to elaborate on because they weren’t well-thought-out or I believed they’d fail. I’m including this in here because these ideas can be bounced upon and discussed in a meeting-- possibly added onto?

BBQ for Golden Week
I understand that cookouts and BBQs have already been done but I thought it’d be a cool idea to have an eating competition. It’ll be very simple as well where whoever finishes all the food in a chest fastest gets a prize. There could also be a portion of this event where there is a bonfire and everyone has to work together to light it like getting firewood? I didn’t think that this idea had enough to be in a full-fledged proposal but it’s a good start!

Renaissance Festival
I honestly hate the idea of having another festival because it’s not creative and it’s not original though this one piqued my interest. A renaissance fair is an outdoor gathering where people cosplay/portray historical figures. I don’t think this would do well as a server-wide event though it’d be fun for skin makers and DetailRPers. Maybe a club-held event or a different style rather than a festival?

Fashion Show
I thought this was a cool concept and it’d be really fun to display new skin styles from different tailors though it’s a boring event. There is no twist or wow-factor- it’s just people walking down an aisle. Maybe this could have a sort of unexpected turn of events where it drives the event in a different direction.

Thank you for reading my application! I hope you enjoyed it.

Last edited:

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega
PENDING

- Although this is not normally done your application/history has made it difficult for us to place you as denied. So, the idea we have for you is to keep you on pending, this is to allow you to have more time on SRP as you have only recently come back. If a slot is open in the future you will be assigned it IF agreed upon with the rest of the team.​

Users who are viewing this thread