Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
OOC Info

What is your Minecraft username?:

GhostfireRP
(I will be using "SnowflakeRP" if I were accepted.)

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):

Ghostfire#9490

Do you have a microphone?:

Yes.

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:

CEST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

I understand, and will comply with this regulation.

Describe your activity on the server:

I’m normally on my GhostfireRP account, and I log on at least once a day. Normally, I will be on for about 3-4 hours a day, and my potential could be 5-6, on a weekday. A weekend would be different, as I could probably be on at a staggering 8-10 hours a day, but on a regular basis I’d be on for 4-5 hours a day during the weekend. I devote a good amount of time for the server, as you can see.

Do you have any previous bans?:

No.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

http://schoolrp.net/threads/french-language-application.41260/ - Accepted!
http://schoolrp.net/threads/hungarian-language-application.40209/ - Accepted!
http://schoolrp.net/threads/german-language-application.40202/ - Accepted!
https://schoolrp.net/threads/third-language-authorization-application.42565/ - Accepted!
https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-application.42571/ - Accepted!
http://schoolrp.net/threads/ghostfires-language-application.40179/ - Denied.
(All of these were on a forum account in which I no longer have the email to, however, still of my works.)

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

Grade 12, Track team. (Main)
Grade 8. (Aspiring teacher character)

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

World History.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:

Encouragement from friends I know on SchoolRP drove me to apply to become a teacher, as well as already teaching OOCly. With that, I thought I’d have a great shot at making the application. I also thought it’d be fun to expand my own roleplay experience on the server. I always wanted to become a teacher anyways, the hour I first logged onto the server, and I’m specifically applying to teach history due to my vast knowledge of the subject. I know that a lot of teachers get their content from Wikipedia, however, I won’t even need to do that for my classes. Being a teacher is a significant role in the server, and I believe that I would be competent enough to fulfill the slot.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:

I understand, completely agree and will comply with this.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:

The teacher class logs are used to log every class a teacher hosts, and would prevent a teacher from becoming ‘inactive’- if a teacher doesn’t fill their logs, they have no viable proof of their classes. They’re also important because they decide on the teacher’s paycheck. For your paycheck, you must’ve logged at least 15 classes for a paycheck of 450k yen, and you COULD host another 10 classes for a bonus of 50k yen, which you could repeat twice, and you can host at most four classes in one OOC day.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

‘Strict’ rules of mine would include, but wouldn’t be limited to-
1. No food or drinks in the classroom, water is acceptable.
2. No electronic devices will be used, unless cell phones for TTS.
3. Always show respect for not only the teacher, but as well as your peers.
4. Raise your hand and wait to be called on before you speak, unless specified otherwise.
5. Sit at a desk, prepared to learn with both resources and your mind.
6. Please use common sense in my classroom, don't act immature, you came here for a reason.
7. Follow all of the school rules and regulations whilst in my classroom.
However, I believe that every teacher’s rules will vary. These are just my preferences.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

I began my first roleplaying experiences back in 2012, of course not on SchoolRP but, on Garry’s Mod, actually. As you might know, Garry’s Mod is not a reliable place to roleplay on, as most of it is darkrp. But I learned a lot of what I use in SchoolRP from it, such as actions, ‘perms’ (adverts), failrp, nitrp, and just an overall experience of a form of roleplay. I began to roleplay more seriously in 2016, when I logged onto various roleplay servers across Minecraft, and tried my best to roleplay. From this, I learned how to separate my character’s emotions from my own, and to roleplay more ‘seriously’. I also learned a basic understanding of learning other’s emotions in character. I've even had experience of being a teacher on some Gmod and Minecraft roleplay servers, quite minimal, but enough to understand the point of view of a teacher in any server. Now, with Roleplay Hub, I’ve only just recently joined, maybe two months ago, but in the short time that I’ve been a part of it, I’ve gathered a larger understanding of roleplay, and could confidently say that I have become very successful within. I’ve been to all the corridors of it- GangRP, DetailRP, RomanceRP, CombatRP, you name it. I've become well known oocly and icly in Roleplay Hub, however, I do not consider that an important quality of my roleplay experience. But I can confirm, despite my conflict of interest to, myself, that I am an above average roleplayer on the server, and I've accomplished many things ICly such as making the track team, and being involved in many important roleplay scenarios. And, this would be where I am now.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD

↳ Meaning: Head of Department
↳ Description: They administer the department to which the subject they teach. They observe the NQT’s to follow their progress, and they have upon the highest understanding of the school’s regulations.

- QT
↳ Meaning: Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Qualified teachers are usually more seasoned than the rest of the faculty. They don’t require guidance from the HD’s, and they run their own shows. They could also theoretically become the HD of their own department if there wasn’t one already

- NQT
↳ Meaning: Newly Qualified Teachers
↳ Description: NQT’s are teachers who have just recently finished their training from UT. They will need to prove themselves to become a QT. They have understandings of the rules, but not in comparison to QT nor HD.

- UT
↳ Meaning: Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: UT’s are teachers with very little knowledge of the rules of the school. They’ve only just passed their application, and cannot host classes. They must prove themselves capable of understanding the rules before being able to teach.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

The purpose that teachers serve OOCly is to help the students they teach to succeed not only in their own class, but to teach them several life skills as they move through life. In-character teachers usually only teach the subject they signed up/are assigned to their students. The salary teachers get ICly are normally 450k a month if they do their quota, and 50k per every 10 classes they host after their quota, however, this may only be repeated twice before you can't claim more bonuses. All teachers should have their own teaching style, for a more unique experience from class to class. They should strive mostly to make sure their students understand the lessons they teach. In their spare time, teachers should definitely be able to maintain their own social life with other adults, teachers, and even shopkeepers if they wish. They do not live in the school, however a large sum of their time should be devoted to it.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

Teachers are important to a SchoolRP server, since the server literally revolves around a school. Without teachers, the infrastructure of the school system would collapse, and couldn’t work without them. It’d just be a bunch of students showing up to school, socializing, not learning, and then going home. It should be very self explanatory to anyone, specifically to any new students. What teachers specifically do to enrich the roleplay experience on SchoolRP, are to host classes during school time, as well as be around campus even when they aren't teaching, to do things such as preventing criminal activity at the school, helping students around campus, and providing a better feel to the school, because normally if you were be inside of a school OOCly, you wouldn't see just students, but you'd see adults to administer amongst them, and those adults could include teachers. So, without teachers, the point of a SchoolRP server would make no sense- and that's why we need teachers.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

MOSCOW - meaning, {Must have, Should have, Could have, Won't have}

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plans for the future?

The character I will be using to teach will be my side character, one I specifically made for the teacher position. They have brown hair, blue eyes, light skin, normally wear formal bottoms or a skirt, and a sweater. What makes them unique and different is that she’s always everywhere, and she cares for anybody that’s around her. Her personality fluctuates from being kept to herself, lonely, as to match her backstory, but she can be an extremely caring person when she senses distress. Even if she absolutely hates somebody, if they seem to be lonely and doesn't have anybody with them, she'd make the attempt to comfort them, as well as even attempting to befriend them, perhaps. Her outlook on students is to make sure she can get her points across to them and to ensure their education and life skills are enriched by her teaching. On the other teachers, she would consider them as acquaintances, maybe even some of them could be friends. She’ll always be respectful of them, as well as anybody else she meets. She normally has a more upbeat personality, always cheering her friends and peers on. Their plans for the future would be just to ensure the security of her position in his job, and to make sure her education could be shared with all the students she teaches.

Description-
she'd stand at 5'2, and would weigh 112 lbs. she had a cold, piercing gaze with her light blue eyes, and spoke with a soft Polish accent. she'd have a lingering smell of rice.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

She’d first warn the delinquents to immediately stop cursing, try to explain why they should, and dhe’d request them to disperse from the area. If they resist, she’d only give them one more chance to prove themselves wrong. If they continue to resist, she’d assign all included students detention to ponder their actions.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

She’d immediately stop trying to speak to the class, and would instead try to look for a ring leader in the class, the one causing the most trouble. If she did, she would immediately ask them to stand, and she’d send them out of the classroom. No warnings. If the situation escalated, or just even stayed the same, she’d look for multiple troublemakers, would give them one warning to stop disrupting her class, even calling them out in front of the class, and she’d assign detention if they resisted.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

In the teacher’s lounge, she’d usually sit in any chair, and she’d look as if she didn’t care about anything that was happening around them, but being the deceptive one she was, she would always be listening to anything the other teachers said. She wouldn’t be looking for information to put them in a bad position, but she’d only listen just to ensure that everybody was alright.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me &8&owould slam her hands on the desk, frustrated that nobody in the class would listen. She’d beam into the center of the class, and would demand, &f&o”Are you here to learn, or to my waste time?” &8&oShe'd impatiently tap her foot on the floor as she awaited a response.

/me &8&owould point at the map in her classroom, specifically at the country of Japan. &f&o”This is Japan- we live here. We have a rich history, and you should all be proud of it.” &8&oshe looked back- making sure anybody was actually looking.

/me &8&owalked over to the student’s desk, impressed by their answer. She’d give them a slight smile, before responding, &f&o”Absolutely, that is correct. See me after class, (student’s name)”

/me &8&owalked into the classroom, showing signs of eagerness and readiness. She’d stand in front of her desk, straight up tall. &f&o”Good morning class! I’m Ms. Okinowa, and you’ll be learning the world’s history in my class.” &8&oshe gave the class a big smile!

Backstory

WIP

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Koyuki Okinowa
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): Koyuki
Preferred Name: Koyuki

Age (Minimum is 27): 27
Religious Denomination: None
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: German-Polish
Current Location: Kakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):
None

Academic Degree: Bachelors
Year of Graduation: 2011
Major(s): History
Minors: Math, English

Native Languages: Polish
Other Languages: Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No.

Extra

Additional notes about your application:

Most of my application is put in in point of view as if she were the age of a teacher.

Do you have any questions?:

I fully understand everything, as far as I can see.

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of History Teacher at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing Teachers applications, welcome to the team! There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- Ensure that you’re in the Karakura Academics Discord.
- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.

Please note:
Upon joining the Teacher faction, you will receive the role of Untrained Teacher (UT); only once you've completed training will you be newly qualified and authorized to independently host a class.

Users who are viewing this thread