GnagRP suggestion UwU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beanfart

Level 13
IGN: Beanfart505
DATE: 10/31/21
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Make passing major assault permissions give the target KPS on the passer if they find out ICLY.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: If a character finds out someone sent a group or individual to cause major bodily harm to them wouldn't they want to retaliate? SCENARIO 1: John Doe finds out Jane Doe sent people to cut off his arm. Would he A: Call on his gang and have them kill Jane for getting people to cut off his arm or would he B: Go up to her and be like "Not cool! >:( you got me there tee hee." and go along with his day with an injury that will never heal for the rest of his life. Characters should be allowed to retaliate if someone sends someone else to major their character if they find out. This would make more sense and make passing major perms like KPS. You could pass major perms in public and not worry about being attacked or anything and that person just has to accept that (Insert random name here) sent people to cut off one of their limbs or give them an injury they cant recover from and go about their day with a lower opinion of that person. They cant go and retaliate or get revenge. This would make much more sense in RP if people can retaliate if they find out someone passed major perms on them to a gang. SCENARIO 2: John Doe finds out Jane Doe sent people to cut out his tongue. He would go and call on his gang and they would confront and kill Jane for having people cut out John's tongue.

Please give feedback in the comments and other suggestions on maybe how we could make passing major give major or something like that <3

Tarxan

Level 25

The concept of passing permissions is already mixed up on way too many occasions and a lot of GangRPers would abuse this if it were implemented. Passing permissions does not equal sending a hit. If player A is talking about their day ICly to a friend (we’ll call them player B) and says “So-and-so (Player C) beat me up today, I got knocked out,” that grants Player C KPS? It’s not player A’s fault if player B chooses to act with that information, and would make even less sense for Player C to target Player A for Player B’s unwarranted actions. Very flawed concept.

Additionally, if player A INTENTIONALLY SENDS A HIT on player C consisting of major permissions or KPS and Player C finds out that Player B is a hitman for Player A, only then can you act on KPS on player A for sending a hit, and player B if they strike you and draw blood/break bones.

Last edited:

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable

The concept of passing permissions is already mixed up on way too many occasions and a lot of GangRPers would abuse this if it were implemented. Passing permissions does not equal sending a hit. If player A is talking about their day ICly to a friend (we’ll call them player B) and says “So-and-so (Player C) beat me up today, I got knocked out,” that grants Player C KPS? It’s not player A’s fault if player B chooses to act with that information, and would make even less sense for Player C to target Player A for Player B’s unwarranted actions. Very flawed concept.

Additionally, if player A INTENTIONALLY SENDS A HIT on player C consisting of major permissions or KPS and Player C finds out that Player B is a hitman for Player A, only then can you act on KPS on player A for sending a hit, and player B if they strike you and draw blood/break bones.
-1 From me i agree strongly with xan here

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
You're playing a roleplay server, not fortnite. We don't need more reason for storyless killing, if you want to kill without story, Roblox has some good games for it.

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
Reading and understanding better the suggestion, it's time to give my opinion... -1
As it was said, SRP's gangrpers literally kill characters for everything and it doesn't contribute in lore or an actual backstory, just a few people trying to find more reasons to randomly kill others. It's easy: you want to kill, then play a shooter or something; this is a roleplay server, not murderer simulator.

Lizalopod

Level 130
massive -1

We dont need more ways for gangrpers to gain KPS, in fact id argue that KPS / Major perms should be made much harder to obtain. Encourages more fights without needing to worry about losing your character from one encounter

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
massive -1

We dont need more ways for gangrpers to gain KPS, in fact id argue that KPS / Major perms should be made much harder to obtain. Encourages more fights without needing to worry about losing your character from one encounter
I agree with this, other roleplaying networks use a system where you have to consent to kill perms out of character. I don't 100% believe that's the direction to go in but I do believe that maybe to carry out a kill, you should have to run it through staff or a lore team member and see if that's a logical reason to kill based on your character. Could go a little something like this:

*Contacts LT member.*

Person requesting kill perms: "Hey there, I was wondering if I can get your opinion on if this kill is logical to carry out or not. So this person's character has been terrorizing my characters business, and it's lowered the businesses profit almost a whole 85%."

LT Member: "Well, how exactly have they been terrorizing your business?"

Person requesting kill perms: "They've been threatening my business verbally, sending goons to scope out my properties, and taking most of my customers."

LT Member: "Alright, I'll permit you to do the kill as long as it's executed through a proper story-driven method."

Ruin

Level 104
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
*Contacts LT member.*

Person requesting kill perms: "Hey there, I was wondering if I can get your opinion on if this kill is logical to carry out or not. So this person's character has been terrorizing my characters business, and it's lowered the businesses profit almost a whole 85%."

LT Member: "Well, how exactly have they been terrorizing your business?"

Person requesting kill perms: "They've been threatening my business verbally, sending goons to scope out my properties, and taking most of my customers."

LT Member: "Alright, I'll permit you to do the kill as long as it's executed through a proper story-driven method."
tell me how a non-shop owner ask for kps

"hey this dude kissed my gf and I'm like fumin rn" ? LOLL

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
tell me how a non-shop owner ask for kps

"hey this dude kissed my gf and I'm like fumin rn" ? LOLL
You can have a business without being a shopowner, even before being a shopowner, I've ran several organizations on SRP.

pashy

Level 183
I think that's already a thing, but if not, then obviously a +1. Passing perms on me would risk my character's life and it definitely should be perms. It would be hard to gain so yeah what about adding it.

He said major perms not "beat up". . . And to pass perms you have to ask them to do something about it and describe who did it. . . So yeah if you accidentally describe who did it and ask for something to be done about it then it's your problem.

massive -1

It's already very hard to obtain permissions. . . Realistically, in a city with a high crime rate, you would watch out from engaging in many gang situations or generally making enemies in the city, and for a city such as Karakura, I encourage you not to fight unless you want the worry of losing your character.

Despite that, SRP has many ways for you to avoid that "worry" such as masks, changing outfit, cleaning the blood on you, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread