mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

GnagRP suggestion UwU

Status
Not open for further replies.

pashy

Level 183
@K_anashimi I understand that you're into CrimeRP and that, but what you're saying will make GangRP in the server very inactive as many people such as myself rather old-style GangRP, and your suggestions will just make our time in SRP/GangRP just difficult. It's already hard to "obtain" perms.

Lizalopod

Level 130
I think that's already a thing, but if not, then obviously a +1. Passing perms on me would risk my character's life and it definitely should be perms. It would be hard to gain so yeah what about adding it.

He said major perms not "beat up". . . And to pass perms you have to ask them to do something about it and describe who did it. . . So yeah if you accidentally describe who did it and ask for something to be done about it then it's your problem.

It's already very hard to obtain permissions. . . Realistically, in a city with a high crime rate, you would watch out from engaging in many gang situations or generally making enemies in the city, and for a city such as Karakura, I encourage you not to fight unless you want the worry of losing your character.

Despite that, SRP has many ways for you to avoid that "worry" such as masks, changing outfit, cleaning the blood on you, etc.
Considering you can get major perms from just getting KOed I wouldnt say they're hard to come by. There's a ton of other ways to get kps aswell that aren't getting majored iirc

I don't gangrp at all, and I find it to be really dumb and irritating since 90% of them don't actually roleplay properly, but I've seen pretty unrealistic situations happen with it and gaining perms. It's like everything gangrpers talk about, "I got perms on u lol die". There isn't really a focus on actually doing character development and story, moreso "let's screw over this guy amirite??"

I wouldn't even call it gangrp at this rate, when my main character got killed (voided but still), there was only one pretty okay description of them stabbing her, appart from that it was all one liners and pretty much the bare minimum.

Tbh if it was harder to major I'd probably gangrp on my alt, but from what I've seen, yeaaaah no

Tarxan

Level 25
He said major perms not "beat up". . . And to pass perms you have to ask them to do something about it and describe who did it. . . So yeah if you accidentally describe who did it and ask for something to be done about it then it's your problem.

If I (Player A) tell my IC friend (Player B) that a stranger (Player C) beat me up and knocked me out in a casual conversation without telling them to go do something, that is classed as passing permissions as far as I know. You don’t need to say "give me his limb" (send a hit) in order to pass permissions to other players.

Example scenario:

Player A has just been KO'ed by Player C in a combat scene with no form of OOC consent to no gain of permissions, and they were both unmasked. Player A and Player B are IC friends and have met up ICly.

Player A: "Man... Some guy (Player C) flat out beat my ass... We were throwing punches left and right and all of a sudden everything went dark."

Player B: "You think he knocked you out? Do you remember what he looked like?"

Player A describes Player C in great detail.

Player B: "Damn... Do you plan to do anything about it?"

Player A: "No... It’ll be fine. If you plan to do something, don’t do anything crazy. I need to rest."

Player B, now informed that Player A was knocked out, now gains major permissions. Their casual conversation ends Player B then chooses to act on permissions on Player C on their own accord and succeeds, Player A completely clueless of Player B's crime. Player A throughout the whole conversation, did not ask for a hit to be placed on Player C by Player B.

Scenarios like the one above are often confused with "placing hits", when passing permissions can indeed be done without placing a hit. If I’m wrong on this, feel free to have a staff member correct me. In this suggestion, it would seem that this player wants permissions to be gained for things as simple as passing permissions through casual conversation, and I find that to be... absurd, and many others agree. There are other ways for you to gain permissions on characters, and besides, why would anyone grant the GangRP community more gateways to destroy characters?

Last edited:

pashy

Level 183
If I (Player A) tell my IC friend (Player B) that a stranger (Player C) beat me up and knocked me out in a casual conversation without telling them to go do something, that is classed as passing permissions as far as I know. You don’t need to say "give me his limb" (send a hit) in order to pass permissions to other players.

Example scenario:

Player A has just been KO'ed by Player C in a combat scene with no form of OOC consent to no gain of permissions, and they were both unmasked. Player A and Player B are IC friends and have met up ICly.

Player A: "Man... Some guy (Player C) flat out beat my ass... We were throwing punches left and right and all of a sudden everything went dark."

Player B: "You think he knocked you out? Do you remember what he looked like?"

Player A describes Player C in great detail.

Player B: "Damn... Do you plan to do anything about it?"

Player A: "No... It’ll be fine. If you plan to do something, don’t do anything crazy. I need to rest."

Player B, now informed that Player A was knocked out, now gains major permissions. Their casual conversation ends Player B then chooses to act on permissions on Player C on their own accord and succeeds, Player A completely clueless of Player B's crime. Player A throughout the whole conversation, did not ask for a hit to be placed on Player C by Player B.

Scenarios like the one above are often confused with "placing hits", when passing permissions can indeed be done without placing a hit. If I’m wrong on this, feel free to have a staff member correct me. In this suggestion, it would seem that this player wants permissions to be gained for things as simple as passing permissions through casual conversation, and I find that to be... absurd, and many others agree. There are other ways for you to gain permissions on characters, and besides, why would anyone grant the GangRP community more gateways to destroy characters?
I don't think it really is if you didn't ask for something to be done about it no... And it is not if you just don't describe him... If you really don't want anything to be done about it based on IC "don't do anything crazy" then you would avoid describing him

Player A: something happened today
Player B: Damn what happened
Player A: *Describes the situation*
Player B: Who did this to you?
Player A: Some guy...
Player B: Describe him...
Player A: It's just some old guy

And again I don't think it's perms if you do not specifically ask for them to do something about it.

pashy

Level 183
Considering you can get major perms from just getting KOed I wouldnt say they're hard to come by. There's a ton of other ways to get kps aswell that aren't getting majored iirc

I don't gangrp at all, and I find it to be really dumb and irritating since 90% of them don't actually roleplay properly, but I've seen pretty unrealistic situations happen with it and gaining perms. It's like everything gangrpers talk about, "I got perms on u lol die". There isn't really a focus on actually doing character development and story, moreso "let's screw over this guy amirite??"

I wouldn't even call it gangrp at this rate, when my main character got killed (voided but still), there was only one pretty okay description of them stabbing her, appart from that it was all one liners and pretty much the bare minimum.

Tbh if it was harder to major I'd probably gangrp on my alt, but from what I've seen, yeaaaah no
Yeah you can get it if you K.O but as a GangRPer I tell u what people avoid hitting ur head to avoid koing you and even if everyone was okay hitting your head they always change fits and usually wear masks and that sh-t and it's hard to even engage in a combat for the K.O process to be possible

Consider this before u say it's only K.O like it's very simple and easy

Tarxan

Level 25
And again I don't think it's perms if you do not specifically ask for them to do something about it.

Then riddle me this: Why is it that in a situation where someone is getting attacked and simply shouts "Help me" without giving specifics on what to do to the attacker... Is still classified as passing permissions to jump in and protect the victim? The concept of passing permissions does not exist ICly. If Player B is going to ask what Player C looks like, Player A would indeed describe the person who attacked them in character. Passing permissions is not an entirely OOC thing. If Player A were to tell Player B to confront Player C, that is passing permissions but not sending a hit. Hopefully this further clarified what I’m saying.

Last edited:

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
@K_anashimi I understand that you're into CrimeRP and that, but what you're saying will make GangRP in the server very inactive as many people such as myself rather old-style GangRP, and your suggestions will just make our time in SRP/GangRP just difficult. It's already hard to "obtain" perms.
GangRP is unrealistic, you support unrealistic standards for a server trying to present itself well to the public? Karakura isn't meant to have a high crime rate, its a school town, not Chicago.

Aidanator14

Level 14

The concept of passing permissions is already mixed up on way too many occasions and a lot of GangRPers would abuse this if it were implemented. Passing permissions does not equal sending a hit. If player A is talking about their day ICly to a friend (we’ll call them player B) and says “So-and-so (Player C) beat me up today, I got knocked out,” that grants Player C KPS? It’s not player A’s fault if player B chooses to act with that information, and would make even less sense for Player C to target Player A for Player B’s unwarranted actions. Very flawed concept.

Additionally, if player A INTENTIONALLY SENDS A HIT on player C consisting of major permissions or KPS and Player C finds out that Player B is a hitman for Player A, only then can you act on KPS on player A for sending a hit, and player B if they strike you and draw blood/break bones.
couldnt have said it better myself​

znia

Level 38
znia
znia
Rich

I don't know the rules around perms but from what I've gathered you need at least minor to KO somebody, I may be wrong though but if you wanted to kill somebody you'd first need them to gain minor on you. After that, they have to choose whether or not to act upon it which many choose to not unless they are only there to kill or it is further progressing roleplay which a lot of the time isn't the case since people don't have time to deal with petty fights. Once the person KO's you, you are only left with major which can do damage sure, but it isn't KPS, from there they would gain KPS/Major and finally you'd get KPS if they act at all upon it. This might not be exact as rules have changed a lot since I was involved in GangRP and I never had the best understanding of it BUT, it's still quite a lengthy process that can take days and helps avoid random PKs. Again though I am unsure of most of the rules now as I do not gangrp.

In terms of people properly roleplaying a stabbing or more "gory" things, personally, even though I no longer gangrp and when I did I was much less experienced, I tried to avoid going too detailed as things like that can be triggering stuff with phobias/fears of knives, blood or just generally scared of being stabbed and such. Despite that, I can agree a lot of people don't bother with long actions and stuff since gangrp seems to be dying and I don't see people as enthusiastic about it but that's just an outside opinion but I feel gangrp as a whole needs to be improved and worked upon before it will see any big improvements in that area.

Kurusu

Level 22
_Kurusu_
_Kurusu_
Rich+
-1 I feel as if this would just create more looc arguments due to the fact that they gonna ask for ss and how you know and ss of this and that which would just be annoying to do and annoying for staff just for a kill plus technically hiring a hit and describing how you got beat up is 2 different things somewhat what tarxan said if player a describes to player b how they got koed and their face that really isn't sending a hit thats just them sharing their life story or what happened. If player b decides to act on perms WITHOUT player A telling them too that shouldn't mean that player has to die since he didn't tell player b to do shit. Thats just player b acting out of pity or just doing it to do it. Now hiring a hit is basically when you go up to a friend or a random stranger and you describe who koed you to that person and say "I want his head" and you pay him or whatever thats a hit telling or hiring a dude to get someones head.

pashy

Level 183
GangRP is unrealistic, you support unrealistic standards for a server trying to present itself well to the public? Karakura isn't meant to have a high crime rate, its a school town, not Chicago.
Well guess what it's not IRL it's roleplay hub and there happens to be many gangs in Karakura which makes the crime rate high

-1 I feel as if this would just create more looc arguments due to the fact that they gonna ask for ss and how you know and ss of this and that which would just be annoying to do and annoying for staff just for a kill plus technically hiring a hit and describing how you got beat up is 2 different things somewhat what tarxan said if player a describes to player b how they got koed and their face that really isn't sending a hit thats just them sharing their life story or what happened. If player b decides to act on perms WITHOUT player A telling them too that shouldn't mean that player has to die since he didn't tell player b to do shit. Thats just player b acting out of pity or just doing it to do it. Now hiring a hit is basically when you go up to a friend or a random stranger and you describe who koed you to that person and say "I want his head" and you pay him or whatever thats a hit telling or hiring a dude to get someones head.

Yes, exactly what I've been saying... If he didn't ask him to do sh*t then he didn't pass the perms, no? So if he does pass the perms purposely and intentionally asking for the person to be killed/major'd then it should be perms... It's risking the "person" life.

And for the ss's part... This rule won't change anything you'll always have to provide proof of the perms being passed to staff which means you'll need ss to send anyways so the yeah you get ss's of the situation and provide to staff like natural and get it confirmed...

pashy

Level 183
Then riddle me this: Why is it that in a situation where someone is getting attacked and simply shouts "Help me" without giving specifics on what to do to the attacker... Is still classified as passing permissions to jump in and protect the victim? The concept of passing permissions does not exist ICly. If Player B is going to ask what Player C looks like, Player A would indeed describe the person who attacked them in character. Passing permissions is not an entirely OOC thing. If Player A were to tell Player B to confront Player C, that is passing permissions but not sending a hit. Hopefully this further clarified what I’m saying.

You need perms to start a Combat and when two people are fighting a Combat is already going on which means you can jump in to assist one of the parties in the Combat probably because they're your friend or whatever

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
Well guess what it's not IRL it's roleplay hub and there happens to be many gangs in Karakura which makes the crime rate high

Yes, exactly what I've been saying... If he didn't ask him to do sh*t then he didn't pass the perms, no? So if he does pass the perms purposely and intentionally asking for the person to be killed/major'd then it should be perms... It's risking the "person" life.

And for the ss's part... This rule won't change anything you'll always have to provide proof of the perms being passed to staff which means you'll need ss to send anyways so the yeah you get ss's of the situation and provide to staff like natural and get it confirmed...
Just being honest here, why not go play that east Chicago game on roblox to roleplay instead.

Grass

Level 10
Good one...

Roblox players do not care about character development, I want to ruin characters with character development (;
And right here is why GangRP has such a bad reputation. People like you, who care only about racking up the most amount of kills, ruin the fun for everyone else. Im sad to say that I wouldnt be surprised if all of your characters had the same personality.

If you dont see a problem with the comment you just posted, then maybe stick to rolling and looc arguments. Who knows, maybe Carter will invite you to his 87th gang

tong

Level 70
psychoment
psychoment
Rich
And right here is why GangRP has such a bad reputation. People like you, who care only about racking up the most amount of kills, ruin the fun for everyone else. Im sad to say that I wouldnt be surprised if all of your characters had the same personality.

If you dont see a problem with the comment you just posted, then maybe stick to rolling and looc arguments. Who knows, maybe Carter will invite you to his 87th gang
+1

Tarxan

Level 25
Dude I like killing people after they got lots of character development just bc i like to see them dead and they can do nothing about it. None of my characters are the same, but yeah i get where you're going about @PashOP's chars lol

Roblox players do not care about character development, I want to ruin characters with character development (;

Grass

Level 10
Dude I like killing people after they got lots of character development just bc i like to see them dead and they can do nothing about it. None of my characters are the same, but yeah i get where you're going about @PashOP's chars lol
Sorry dude, but I'm not gonna give you the benefit of the doubt after you wrote that. I highly doubt your characters have any sort of personality besides a tragic backstory and psychopathic tendencies. Killing other people's characters simply because you like to see them dead and the person who plays them not be able to do anything about it only proves my point. You only do it for OOC reasons and have 0 regard for character development.

Besides, from what I've seen with your activity, you don't really roleplay much. (unless its gross)

gatekeeper

Level 10
totalmisplay
totalmisplay
Rich
ok imma admit some things. Psychopathic tendencies: yep! they're cannibals. except for blue, who actually got a LOT of backstory that wasn't tragic. he got girlfriends and learned german and had lots of friends. he just likes to kill is all. No one's fault really and no tragedies. (except, ofc, for multiple people getting r.o's on blue lollll that was afterwards tho) also, i do kill people for icly reasons. for example one time i had kps on my friend and didn't want to use it, but then i realized he was plotting smt against me and decided to use the kps on the last day. and yes i roleplay at least 3 hours a day what are you saying-
you literally just proved grass' point, gg

pashy

Level 183

Shoo madness I was joking... My characters don't have good personality, and yes I don't see anything wrong with it, killing a developed character is fun. What u gon do? State ur opinion of whatever? Yeah keep it to yourself, I don't care, as long as I'm abiding by the rules? N nah you don't decide what am I like m8 I don't want to rack up most kills or anything what I said doesn't mean anything ur just crying for no reason... You telll me what's the point of killing a non-developed char? Just a RPname change and a skin and that'd be it... Doesn't seem like someone tryna rack up kills to me for wanting to kill developed chars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread