Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:

My minecraft username is GoddessSpace.

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
My discord username is RosieBloom#8166

How old are you? (Optional):
I am currently twenty-one years old.

What is your time zone?:
My current time zone would be Pacific Standard Time or PST.

Describe your activity on the server:
The way I would describe my activity on the server would be 8.5/10. I am on for about 3-5 hours each day and a little bit more on weekends. I play SRP as much as I can, and I put as much input in when I'm available to role play. I also take a break for mental health at the beginning or end of each month.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
I have never been banned.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I acknowledge that if I am inactive, I will be demoted.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
The role I am applying for would be School Tutor.

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:

A school tutor is a professional who provides individualized academic support to students. They typically work with students who are struggling academically or who need additional support to reach their full potential. School tutors may work in a variety of settings, including public and private schools, after-school programs and pirate tutoring centers.
The primary role of a school tutor is to help students improve their academic performance by providing personalized instruction and support. This may involve assessing the students strengths and weaknesses, identifying areas for improvement, and developing a customized learning plan to address specific needs. Tutors may also provide guidance on study skills, time management, and test-taking strategies to help students become more effective learners.
School tutors may work with all ages and grade levels. They may specialize in a particular subject area, such as math, science, English or social studies, or they may provide general academic support across multiple subjects.
In addition to providing academic support, school tutors may also serve as mentors and role models of their students. They may help students set goals, build confidence, and develop positive attitudes towards learning. They may also provide emotional support and guidance to help students navigate personal challenges or issues that may be affecting their academic performance.
To become a school tutor, individuals typically need a bachelor’s degree in education or a related field. School tutors should also have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as strong knowledge of academic content and pedagogy.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
My experience in general that I have in roleplay would be I’ve roleplayed since I was a kid. I would roleplay with toys and stuff animals, I do it now as well in my Musical Theater Production Classes. In those classes I have to learn how to be different characters on the stage but also how to be a director, stage manager and a lot of behind the scenes roles.
When I was at a younger age, I used to roleplay in everyday life. I started engaging on how to explore and understand life with the world around me and learn how to use social skills so I could figure out scenarios and be more understanding of challenges and issues around me.
Roleplaying has helped me with my drama classes in High School while also helping me in real life situations. I've learned many ways to make sure mistakes are minimal by using my experience in role playing so I don’t mess up and figure out solutions before something bad happens.

Why do you want to join the School Employee
faction?:
The reason why I want to join the School Employee Faction would be because I want to be able to add more to my character, giving her more responsibility. I want to also show more responsibility and sensibility towards myself. I've always enjoyed helping and supporting people, and I think the tutor role would really allow me to express myself within my character. Being a school employee would be a great opportunity for myself, as I want to explore the new rules and stages of being an adult in roleplay. I also believe that Tutors are very undervalued and forgotten about a lot by the students in SRP. When tutors can help with exams a lot and make a huge difference within the education of students.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
LGBTQIA+ and Anti Bullying Club | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server
EternalLover | JSL Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
My current roles on the server are:
My main account would be GoddessSpace - Grade 12
My alt account would be GoddessNature - Grade 8
My other alt account would be GoddessBloom - Grade 7
────────────

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:

The way Magnolia would react with this situation would be calm and collected. She would approach the student with a raised eyebrow and softly say “There is no need for this language. Can we drop that attitude and language?” She would warn, as she gave a disappointed look towards the students, trying to diffuse the situation as she understands kids will be kids. She would wait for their response, depending on it as if they carry on with the same disruptive behavior, she will verbally warn them again. “I've asked you to stop now, If you carry on then, I will be handing you a detention slip.” She would say with a stern tone. Trying to give them a last chance. If they carried on, she would pass them a detention slip, saying “I will see you in detention.”

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
Magnolia would immediately go to where the fight was and try to break it up. She would then give them both detention slips and say, “See you in detention.” If I saw them fighting again, I would threaten SLT if needed and make sure everyone was okay and knew that they needed to stop fighting.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
The way Magnolia would react with this situation would be that she would record the situation that had occurred. She would also talk to the employee who had done the dangerous thing and tell him to please stop. If they didn’t stop, I would bring it to SLT with the evidence of the recording.
When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
The way Magnolia would act while in the break room would be that she was calm and collected. She would talk to the other faculty politely and respectfully, making sure that they felt welcomed and comfortable.
Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me would sit down and look at the student approaching, “Hello, how can I help you?” Magnolia would then listen to the student and figure out what subject that needed help with.
/me would go to the closest and find a notebook with a few questions for the student to answer. “Here are a few practice questions. Let me know if you need any help or are stuck on anything.”
/me would go to the chalkboard and write a few problems, she would then explain each problem step by step. Magnolia would wait after she was writing each step for any questions or concerns.

────────────

In-Character Section

Full Name (First & Last only):

My name is Magnolia K. Solas

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):

My title is Miss.

Preferred Name:
My preferred name would be Miss Solas or Miss S in school. You can call me Magnolia or Mags outside of school.

Age (Minimum is 25):
I am currently twenty-five years old.

Academic Degree:
Master’s Degree

Major(s):

My majors are Mathematics, Psychology and History in Mathematics.

Minors:
My minors are Economics and Biology.

Nationality:
My nationality is Mexican and African American.

Known Languages:
Japanese.

Backstory

Age 0-11
Magnolia was born in Spain, Barcelona with her mother, Camila Solas, and her two half siblings. Lily Kuznetsova-Solas and Cameron Kuznetsov-Solas. She was raised by her single mother as she never really saw her father, he was from Greece, but never visited. She grew up in a small household, helping out her mother whenever she could. Within this time, she attended a small school within Barcelona, attending all of her classes, and getting high scores throughout, even at the age of 10. She got tutored by her mother, as well as her older sister Lily, and she loved the idea of helping others, especially when she was naturally gifted with intelligence, she saw that tutoring was something that she would have enjoyed when older, as she was a very caring and thoughtful person. When hitting the age of 11, Lily and Cameron were sent to Karakura for a better life, and not long after, Magnolia was also sent, immediately finding her siblings.

Age 12-18
Living in Karakura, Japan was scary for Magnolia. She found her siblings and didn't leave their side. She found it hard to make friends, but with a new school, she found herself having to become confident, and explore the place. She met her half sibling's family, the ‘Kuznetsovs’ and immediately felt loved, she was surrounded by many family members and knew she was always in care. When starting classes, Magnolia would always try her best, she would enjoy sitting and learning about new things, even not class related. She is a good listener and took in a lot of information. She made many notes and learnt from them, keeping herself focused on work. During her time in KHS, she noticed there was a tutors office, and started to go there. She found herself with a tutor called Matteo and started her journey in tutoring. She started having tutoring lessons with him, specializing in mathematics. She loved the idea of math, just like the sister so she determined herself to focus on it. She also enjoyed the idea of tutoring, it was more closer connected and she found herself learning more then she had hoped. This is where she really started to think about her career, and how she wanted to be a tutor as well!

Age 19-23
After handling exams, Magnolia found herself in college, first studying a bachelor's degree in mathematics, the history of it and doing psychology on the side. She favored math and kept up her tutoring sessions within school, also asking the teachers for extra homework for her to take home with her, as she enjoyed being challenged. To help her idea of tutoring, she started tutoring Lily’s adopted kids. They struggled in math and science, so Magnolia stepped forward to give a helping hand. She would sit down with them every night, and have one-on-one tutoring sessions with them, using all of her past revision textbooks and notes she had made, like mind maps, flashcards and posters, to try and make it visually easier for them to understand. She carried on her majors and included some minor degrees as she found herself still wanting to learn more, with them being economics and biology. Magnolia ended up graduating at the age of 23, with a GPA of 4.5 and three majors, and two minors.

Age 24-25

At this age, Magnolia didn't know what to do with herself, as she loved the environment of school and wanted to stay. She wanted to succeed in her goal of becoming a tutor so she made sure it happened. She started applying for jobs, however the one that stuck out the most was KHS, as there was a tutoring job available, and eagerly, she jumped at the opportunity, applying to be a tutor there.

Motivation for Joining KHS:
My motivation for joining Karakura High School would be shown throughout the whole of my life. I’ve always prepared myself for a school working place, and I have always tried my best to get good grades and excel in all. My motivation is based on wanting to help other students, letting them see what I saw in school, the rewarding feeling of trying hard and it paying off. I've always wanted to become a tutor and show support and care for people who struggled just like me, that is why I'm determined to get this job.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):

No, but I have experience with tutoring students but not inside the school.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
The reason why I should be accepted over the other applicants would be because I will be dedicated to the job, I will make sure students and staff feel welcomed and respected. I will also listen to SLT and make the right decisions when a problem or situation occurs. Another thing is I want to make the faculty and everyone in Karakura feel comfortable and safe. I will do that with my job and make sure the students and staff members have my top priority.

────────────

Extra

Additional notes about your application:
Thank you for taking your time to read this application and I hope you enjoy it!
Do you have any questions?: I have no further questions.​

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Denied

Thank you so much for taking the time to apply for this position! But compared to the other applicants, unfortunately, I've chosen to deny this application.
- When explaining the position you are applying for, please also add what they do inside of SRP, not only in real life. You have mainly a good application, but some of your situations are not ideal and the lack of information about what an SRP Tutor does made me deny this application.

Users who are viewing this thread