mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Goodbye stuff

James!

Level 20
Itz_James
Itz_James
Rich+
Literally every time I go to the discord and look at the forum posts I just get flooded with “goodbye”. “I’m quitting srp”. “Bye for now”. Why is everyone announcing if they’re quitting on the forums. Everyone must have liked attaka’s idea on announcing when they’re leaving the server. Personally I don’t care if you leave the server I just want to be able to look at the discord and go into the forum posts section and look at peoples posts and not all of this goodbye stuff.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
Its happening because 1 person wanted to leave SRP and people are is trying to get on the bandwagon, most if not, ALL their listed reasons for leaving are basically untrue.

Soultone

Level 19
Atakka was the only one that actually had reasons to quit, MaiVamp just server hated in his, and the other people blame it on personal life and school, it's all fake.

flimbo

Level 19
the problem with these is then you cant tell who actually wants to quit and is going to vs the stuffy “i quit srp” (for a week at the most) goodbyes

James!

Level 20
Itz_James
Itz_James
Rich+
To be honest im getting annoyed from all of these goodbye posts I don't care.

Shizai

Level 143
It can be annoying, yeah. Since no one said it I will say it, just because you may not care, some people do care. It's a nice way to be publicly informed that you're leaving and the forums are a good way to show lots of people at once. You can't really complain about it being a "bandwagon" or "they are following" because this has been happening since the beginning way before Atakka posted his leaving post, some people find it nice to list reasons they left and sometimes it helps improves things, and sometimes people just want to give their final regards and messages to the people they have enjoyed their time with on the server before leaving. You can't really be mad, it's a forum and mass messages will always be a thing JUST like they are happening on this post now, you have to sift through them it literally gives a notification for every message and you are sharing this server with many countless other people, so expect it to be filled. ALSO, there are general, offtopic, artistic, introductions, technical support, etc forum buttons for a reason on the "home" button in the top left corner, If you're worried that you won't see if something of yours was accepted/denied well that's what the notification button is for in the top right-hand corner to see if someone commented on one of your posts or a post you commented on, etc. Learn to navigate the forums a bit better that could help, honestly. Just helpful tips.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
It can be annoying, yeah. Since no one said it I will say it, just because you may not care, some people do care. It's a nice way to be publicly informed that you're leaving and the forums are a good way to show lots of people at once. You can't really complain about it being a "bandwagon" or "they are following" because this has been happening since the beginning way before Atakka posted his leaving post, some people find it nice to list reasons they left and sometimes it helps improves things, and sometimes people just want to give their final regards and messages to the people they have enjoyed their time with on the server before leaving. You can't really be mad, it's a forum and mass messages will always be a thing JUST like they are happening on this post now, you have to sift through them it literally gives a notification for every message and you are sharing this server with many countless other people, so expect it to be filled. ALSO, there are general, offtopic, artistic, introductions, technical support, etc forum buttons for a reason on the "home" button in the top left corner, If you're worried that you won't see if something of yours was accepted/denied well that's what the notification button is for in the top right-hand corner to see if someone commented on one of your posts or a post you commented on, etc. Learn to navigate the forums a bit better that could help, honestly. Just helpful tips.

I honestly dont understand the concept of why you'd even make a thread about leaving, its unnecessary and im sure the people who care about you leaving will simply notice your lack of appearance online and dm you about it or just assume the worst. Announcing to the entire server, in which most people usually dont even know who you are is a waste of time and just leads to people thinking that you are doing it for reasons you arent doing it for because leaving threads have been ruined because of the large majority of people who say they are leaving and come back less then 5 months later

James!

Level 20
Itz_James
Itz_James
Rich+
I honestly dont understand the concept of why you'd even make a thread about leaving, its unnecessary and im sure the people who care about you leaving will simply notice your lack of appearance online and dm you about it or just assume the worst. Announcing to the entire server, in which most people usually dont even know who you are is a waste of time and just leads to people thinking that you are doing it for reasons you arent doing it for because leaving threads have been ruined because of the large majority of people who say they are leaving and come back less then 5 months later
This thread Is just for the people who claim that they're leaving but come back months or weeks later

James!

Level 20
Itz_James
Itz_James
Rich+
This thread Is just for the people who claim that they're leaving but come back months or weeks later. No hate on people who actually leave. This is my personal opinion

Shizai

Level 143
This thread Is just for the people who claim that they're leaving but come back months or weeks later
These are very valid points as well though

Shizai

Level 143
but if I quit I will quit. Ill tell people who dm me that I quit, there is no reason to announce it on the forums.
True, I personally think it'd be better to do so, Wouldn't you like to enjoy reading the final messages from the people that you shared many memories with, instead of up and leaving without any final words ?

James!

Level 20
Itz_James
Itz_James
Rich+
True, I personally think it'd be better to do so, Wouldn't you like to enjoy reading the final messages from the people that you shared many memories with, instead of up and leaving without any final words ?
Not really, if they mention me sure ill make a comment but I just think its unnecessary to make a post about you leaving the server.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
if they care enough they'll come to you and ask as well as making sure to stay in contact, its not like if you leave SRP they will never be able to contact you.

Shizai

Level 143
Not really, if they mention me sure ill make a comment but I just think its unnecessary to make a post about you leaving the server.
Oh, yeah, but not a lot of people will take the initiative to do so. If you want final words from people you'd do it though. Discord DM's are just awkward, imagine leaving and then receiving a couple of messages a couple of weeks later "Where'd you go" and you be like "I left" they be like "Oh damn miss you, bro, bye" but then again that's pretty much how it is on the forum goodbye posts too, although you get the beautifully written paragraphs by the friends saying how much they will miss you because they think it's the same time they will see you. It's not really like that in a one on one discord all the time unless you are really good friends and of course, you'll keep in contact, but there are just a few good friends, not everyone will be good friends and take the initiative to hit you up. So it's a good way to get messages out of all types of different people that you've played with and made some sort of impact on no matter how small or insignifcant, you never know what you will see.
if they care enough they'll come to you and ask as well as making sure to stay in contact, its not like if you leave SRP they will never be able to contact you.
That's very true, you'd have to be really good friends with a person for them to stay in contact with you after you leave though. It's all on preferences some people prefer to do so, some don't I guess it all comes down to preferences if you want to post one on the forums or not, but I believe people should always have the option to do so if they wished. SRP is a very good place to meet friends, and of course, some people will say they are leaving when they eventually end up coming back for good, but I mean can you blame them this place is addictive and most of the time it's not always just "I'm leaving for good" It's sometimes "I'm taking a break I'll be back at this time so and so so on so forth". Also, there are people who say they will come back and visit sometimes in these which are a relief because who wants to see someone who's been here for a long time or made a great impact where leave forever.

James!

Level 20
Itz_James
Itz_James
Rich+
But if they do contact me its fine its not like im not allowing them to contact me

Users who are viewing this thread