noaah0316

Do you have a working microphone?:

Yes, I do.

Timezone & Country:

Saudi Arabia/UTC+03:00

Links to any current & past applications (Spoiler them):
https://schoolrp.net/threads/dontbegood-governor-app.71976/

Describe your activity on the server:

8/10. Mainly because sometimes I just don't want to get on SRP. Or I'm just feeling demotivated. Or if I have other stuff that I have to deal with during the day, month, week etc. And because of my timezone and how it can affect when I can and can't log on and. But more often than not I also love logging on and roleplaying with people for around 3-5 hours a day. Especially recently I’ve regained a lot of motivation to log back on and done quite a bit. I can communicate this very well, so if there is a time where I know I’ll be inactive I can assure you’ll know too.

APPLICATION INFORMATION

What position are you applying for?:

Governor

What is your motivation for applying?:
There are multiple things currently motivating me to apply for the governor position. I’ve met and interacted with a lot of people before in the government faction from which I’ve learned small things about the things they do there. That and what is being publicly shown has inspired me to try and apply. Also, the Governor position is something I’ve always already had a general interest in. Something about it once caught my eye and I’ve always wanted to apply for the position since. The responsibilities appealed to me and the idea of once becoming governor has only motivated me further. I put it off for a while but decided to shoot my shot now. And if I wanted to do that, I had to do my research first which has only expanded my interest.

What motivated me to apply for governor and not something else is simply because of what I think would suit me best. I think that out of anything from the government faction the governor role would suit me best. Which would also mean I’d be most beneficial to the faction from this position. I’d be able to do more in that regard and provide a lot more to the factions' growth. It’s kind of a win-win if you think about it.

Do you have an understanding of Karakura’s laws & Constitutional rights?:
Yes, I’ve thoroughly checked through Karakura’s laws & Constitutional rights. To be governor you have to be very familiar with it. Otherwise you wouldn’t be able to do your job well at all. If it’s not perfectly memorized it’s not good enough.

Are there any goals for you or your character with this role?:
For me personally it's a new opportunity. I want to find new things to roleplay through and new people to do so with. But also to learn more things. This faction is something I’ve only got interest in but no prior experience with, so the whole thing is a complete new experience for me. I want to learn what it’s like and what I enjoy doing most. I want to be around to see the future of the faction and what I could’ve done to help with it.
But I also want to be useful to the community. This position has a huge responsibility and a big image to uphold. I want to try and become the perfect governor and see if that’s something I’m capable of.

My character's goal would be somewhat similar. He’d like to explore more things in life with new experiences he’d never even thought of before. His primary goal is to become a governor anywhere he could. Motivated by his brother, he’d spent a big portion of his life studying and staying up countless nights for this job. Ever since he moved to Japan he’s had his sight on this specific government. But aside from that, he’d also love to experience it all from the inside. Meet all of the people he’ll be working with and maintain a proper relationship with them. He wants to be loved by the people and set a good image for them. He understands and wants to take these responsibilities as his own. He wants to become as professional as he possibly could be.

In your own words, describe what the position you’re applying for does within the government:

The governor has a pretty big list of responsibilities, so I’m gonna list a few of them:

Handing out ID’S:
Anyone from within the government faction is expected to hand out ID’s, but it’s still one of the most important things a governor could do. Everyday countless people are in need of an ID and this position requires them to be handed out as often as possible. This is important to keep everything in check as much as anything else.

Set up Verified Businesses:
This is a responsibility specifically handed out to the governor. They have to check and approve of any future and current businesses that are being set up in Karakura. They have to check the legitimacy of the business and make sure it stays clear of any future legal issues.

Document trials:
Another responsibility handed over to the governor. They have to verify that the rights and well-being of human subjects are being protected and safe. This is also used to help keep track of past trials. This is a very important task and has to be treated with the most effort possible.

Give public speeches:
Another governor's only responsibility. If the public has to be informed of anything new the governor is tasked to give public speeches. For example: When a new shop opens up, the governor is supposed to announce it’s opening and what it is. As well as some other less important details. Or when a new gathering place opens up. Without a public speech the people would have no clue about these places until years later.

Announce trials:
Governors are expected to announce any and all on-going trials. As well as when trials are about to happen. This avoids a lot of chaotic scenarios.

Attend Trials
Governors have to attend all the trials they can. Which makes sense since they have to document them anyways. But this is also very important for them to do.

Speaking about trials, they usually make the people swear an oath. Most commonly "Do you swear to say the truth and nothing but the truth?"

Officiate marriages:
The last job a governor does. Judges often do this too. With this job the governor officiates a marriage to the point where it's legally recognized by the government. This helps ensure that they will not get involved into any kind of legal trouble too.

Do you acknowledge that upon being accepted you can be subject to removal at any given time?:
Yes, I understand. I know that if I fail to do my job well I’ll be removed. I know I can’t underperform or just not do what I’m expected to do at all without consequences. This is a job with big responsibilities.

Do you understand that you’re expected to be dedicated to your position upon being accepted?:
Yes, I do understand that I'm supposed to be dedicated to my position and I will do my best to maintain that. I'll consider it a priority outside of my personal life.

Are you aware that any display of OOC bias toward anyone on the job will result in punishment?:
Yes I completely understand. Consequences like these are necessary for the system and I get that. I'm very much against bias and will keep my personal opinions outside of the job.

Have you read & agreed to follow the Government Faction rules?:
I've read through the entirety of the rules thoroughly a few times. I fully understand and agree with them. I can guarantee I will be able to follow them to every last detail without trouble.

Are you able to attend weekly meetings & events?:
Due to my time zone I can’t guarantee I’ll be available to make it to all of them. But on days I am available I will put in the most effort to attend.

IN CHARACTER SECTION

Full name:

Isak Sugiyama

Preferred title (Mr., Mrs., etc.):
Mr.

Current age

Date of birth:
1994 May 21st

Academic Degree:
Bachelors

Major(s):
Business Administration

Minor(s):
Sociology, Environmental Science

Work experience:
I don't have any prior experience working for the government. But, I have done a great amount of research when it comes to this position. Even though I’ve never really worked in these places before I do know partly what it’s like. Either due to my studies or because of people I have interacted with in the past. Either way, I am a quick learner so there’s nothing to be worried about.

Nationality & born location:
Iceland/Kópavogur

Fluent languages (Underline your native):
Icelandic
Japanese

Criminal record:
N/A

What makes you a good candidate for this job?
I don’t have any prior experience working within a government workspace. But I have spent a great amount of time studying to get where I am now. I’d be able to say I’ve got a good education and I do believe that I’m a great candidate for the government and have the patience and understanding of what a civilian wants and needs. I’m motivated and fun to work with, I have a great understanding of what the expectations are of people from within this position and I am absolutely confident I am able to surpass them. I have the necessary self awareness and I am always prepared for what comes next. I know there will always be challenges to come when it comes to being a governor but I’m more than excited to face those. I can promise you won’t regret hiring me.​

Last edited:

Aania

Level 177
Administrator
News Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
deniedapplications.png

After careful discussion with the Higher Ups of the faction, we have chosen to deny you:

Other applicants stood out more. We appreciate your application, and you can apply again at any time!​

Users who are viewing this thread