tayfun

Level 67
tays2fly
tays2fly
Rich
What's your Minecraft Username?: tays2fly
What's the title of your suggestion?: GPS stuff

What's your suggestion?:
I believe that the GPS function should be incorporated into phones. Personally, I believe that having an extra item for it (i.e. the GPS device) is unnecessary, and not to mention inconvenient to acquire (since a lot of people simply aren't online whenever shops open - especially newer players).

How will this benefit the server and community?:
Makes phones more useful, than simply serve to text/call/play silly games on; While I realize that the GPS device is much less costly than the phones, themselves, it isn't too far off for phones to be GPS devices, too. Moreover, phones are easier to obtain in-game. Oh, and who could forget inventory space? Who doesn't love themselves some inventory space?

I'd love to hear your guys' feedback on it! Perhaps, I'll improve upon my suggestion. Thank you for reading.

Valentine_Lols

Level 87
Valentine_Lols
Valentine_Lols
Rich+
+1

In the future I would love such a thing, I assumed the GPS function was originally on a phone so it made me hella confused :sob:

tayfun

Level 67
tays2fly
tays2fly
Rich
+1. Having to pay 90k for a damn GPS is a scam.
Shops do sell them for 3k, but waiting for a shop to open is so inconvenient. Especially for new players who don't know how things work.

Mialyansa

Level 58
+1. Having to pay 90k for a damn GPS is a scam.

I would also like to suggest a few additions
▪︎The GPS goes nuts when at no signal places.​
▪︎The GPS also comes with the [revamped map]​
▪︎Both map and GPS come in the same app​

Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
+1!!
With all the new apartments and shops spread out across the town rather than just the shopping district, it would be nice to see the GPS gadget in phones or at least buyable at NPC shops.

halfabraincell

Level 12
+1
honestly never even knew exactly what the gps device did or when it was implemented. However this technically has no affect on me because I willingly use a flip phone icly because I'm adamant about my character being poor. (I cant see how it would make sense to add a gps feature to a flip phone. . .)

I think we should still keep the gps devices however, even it gps/maps are implemented into phones. Just because maybe in the future flip phone users like me might want to buy one :)

Ramen_Noodiles

Level 6
Community Team
Media Team
Ramen_Noodiles
Ramen_Noodiles
Omega+
+1
More phone options + I feel like the GPS is a little harder to get but idk. I thought they would do this with phones before the GPS even came out

soratheonly

Level 55
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
+1
I believe they got rid of the street signs that helped direct me as a greenie to certain places. If the GPS could be like at certain spots of the map "To your left is the [Area], right is the [Area], forwards would be [Area], and backwards is [Area]!" That in itself would be enough.

It might sound a little silly but if you really think about it these would be used SO MUCH. Personally I still need to think to myself where a place is because I forgot it, and as a greenie I looked at those signs on the street ends 24/7 because I had no idea where to go!

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
Incorporating this feature into phones would supress the animated texture, thus making it harder for players to know where to go. Besides, all new players get a GPS when they first join the server

tayfun

Level 67
tays2fly
tays2fly
Rich
Besides, all new players get a GPS when they first join the server
Oh, that I didn't know. That's very convenient.
Incorporating this feature into phones would supress the animated texture, thus making it harder for players to know where to go
I mean, I dunno, maybe the phone could give directions, too? I can imagine this is difficult to implement, but it would make the lives of so many people easier (especially considering how, with the business park update, there's a whole new confusion as to where certain apartment blocks are, or shops, for that matter).

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
Incorporating this feature into phones would supress the animated texture, thus making it harder for players to know where to go. Besides, all new players get a GPS when they first join the server
Kind of like what Sora said, would it be possible to instead just have messages in chat pop up after you type/click on a select button? And of course a little "You've arrived at your destination!"

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- It's far less user-friendly to move the GPS onto the phone given that we'd have to display directions using a entirely separate UI or via Chat.​
- New players are also not given phones to encourage progression! So, unfortunately, it'll stay as its own item for now.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread