mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Greater realism in GangRP

Status
Not open for further replies.

SapouT

Level 21
So to me this shouldnt be an argument... A medium size knife can physically remove an eye. The whole writing excuse doesnt make sense at all. You can write good actions and still have an enjoyable time roleplaying without having a knife that doesn't work like a knife. I generally think there shouldnt be restrictions like that for example if someone can think of a reallistic way to remove an eye with a spiked bat then it should work. A second example if the crowbar. It has a sharp pointy shide. If someone icly choves it into someones eye then the eye will go poof. Its totally unreallistic that a player A icly wants to major a player B but doesn't use their knife to take an eye which is what most crimminals in karakura do. And you might say that taking eyes isnt reallistic? Well it isnt but in this imaginary city, removal of a limb has grown to be a way of passing out a message to the community. Its like a dark illegal tradition +++1

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
THIS THREAD IS TO DISCUSS WHETHER OR NOT SHARP WEAPONS THAT AREN'T THE KATANA OR FIRE AXE SHOULD BE ABLE TO REMOVE EYEBALLS,

IT IS NOT A DEBATE OVER CERTAIN ASPECTS OF GANG ROLEPLAY.

...Which has already been said, but big bold font makes it easier to see (hopefully?)

Apologies for double posting and mini-modding, but I feel like the point of this thread has been almost completely lost. If we want to discuss the legitimacy of gouging out eyes or how literary and realistic / believable gang roleplay should be, we should probably make threads specifically for those topics.
This is what everyone has been debating. Realism and other aspects

I'd let them continue, everyone is entitled to post their own opinion. Gang roleplay and taking eyes relate to each other since it's a thing majority of gangrpers do

SapouT

Level 21
Lastly about people saying gangrpers dont care about characters, I'd have to dissagree. Everyone cares about not getting majored for many reasons.
1: they dont wanna be defeated to another player/gang
2: they have a developed character

Also gangrpers do care nowdays because being in a gang requires a slightly developed character.

SapouT

Level 21
This is what everyone has been debating. Realism and other aspects

I'd let them continue, everyone is entitled to post their own opinion. Gang roleplay and taking eyes relate to each other since it's a thing majority of gangrpers do
Gangrp and taking eye is like an illegal tradition smh. Other aspects dont really matter. A sharp pointy blade can always remove an eye. Irl you can even do that with bare hands because eyes are sensitive

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Everyone is entitled to post their own opinion.
100% agree, but the original point of this thread was to discuss something completely different from what's being talked about. Though, I'm in no position to order anyone around, and I'm definitely not going to be the one to make new threads (since there are people with more criminal experience on the server who would be much more qualified.) Just sayin', this thread was addressing an arbitrary rule, not gang roleplay as a whole.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
100% agree, but the original point of this thread was to discuss something completely different from what's being talked about. Though, I'm in no position to order anyone around, and I'm definitely not going to be the one to make new threads (since there are people with more criminal experience on the server who would be much more qualified.) Just sayin', this thread was addressing an arbitrary rule, not gang roleplay as a whole.
The title of the thread is "Greater realism in Gangrp"

- - -

Level 15
Because that would be an interesting thing to do ICly, because of the lore of my characters and the server itself. Because I'm not using a throwaway character for the sake of winning combat roleplay encounters. Because the concept of delinquent or criminal rivalry is an interesting concept for roleplay.

Except, it's not, or at least not on this server. SRP's combat / criminal / gang community mostly doesn't care about about lore or character development, it's about numbers, how many people you can knock out, dismember, or kill. I'm all for roleplaying out the consequences of my IC actions, but if those consequences are permanent damage for minor offenses, then I've got zero interest.

Though, you are right, those are the current consequences to the action of defending yourself realistically when physically threatened, which is why I steer clear of combat roleplay like I'm avoiding the plague. I would love to participate in this kind of roleplay with a few of my developed delinquent characters, but I'd much rather develop them in ways that don't jeopardize my ability to play them long-term.

I'd consider my account less of a complaint than it is a valid criticism of the server. I don't see how anybody can justifiably say that knocking someone out is proper means to removing full limbs, it's absolutely absurd to me.
I took that personally >:( I combat with a good developed character and GangRP with him aswell, but Im aware of the situation with throwaway characters

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
Sure, but you didn't read the suggestion if you think it's just about realism in general, it's about a very specific subject of realism in gangrp
I did not say that

I'm saying that because of the title, people are proving each other wrong on realism in order to convince people that this suggestion should or shouldn't be accepted

They are within every right to do so

DivineCaesar

Level 25
TheEnglishDuck
TheEnglishDuck
Rich
I did not say that

I'm saying that because of the title, people are proving each other wrong on realism in order to convince people that this suggestion should or shouldn't be accepted

They are within every right to do so
But most people aren't even talking about the suggestion. They're saying 'Eyes shouldn't be taken' which is beside the point.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
But most people aren't even talking about the suggestion. They're saying 'Eyes shouldn't be taken' which is beside the point.
It is

They're saying how in general, eyes shouldn't be taken so there's no need for this post

Everyone is entitled to have their own opinions and rightfully use any proof they can to debunk another, they're having a reasonable and friendly argument over the matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread