DarkEclipic

Level 160
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
-1 because gangrp bad grrr
1. I don't think gangrp is bad lmao, there are things that could be fixed but overall it's not that bad.

2. If you didn't want my opinion or others, then don't ask for em.

Gangrp should be more about the writing behind it, not everything is about perms in gangrp.

DivineCaesar

Level 25
TheEnglishDuck
TheEnglishDuck
Rich
Didn't see this before, I have been in the gangrp community for years... I'm very much not anti-gangrp. I simply promote good writing over realism.
But WHY is what I'm suggesting not good writing? You're just ignoring the point, this isn't a suggestion about eyes being taken, it's a suggestion for eyes to not JUST be taken by katanas. because that's the current rule. You can't take a limb without the item having the 'can take limbs' stat on it, and the staff have deceided that eyes count as a limb, meaning a pocket-knife can't remove an eye, a naginata can't remove an eye, a sai can't remove an eye etc despite all of these things being able to realistically. You disagreeing with this really makes no sense.. Can you actually tell me why it'd be bad writing to allow this instead of mindlessly repeating 'Good writing > realism' ?

DivineCaesar

Level 25
TheEnglishDuck
TheEnglishDuck
Rich
1. I don't think gangrp is bad lmao, there are things that could be fixed but overall it's not that bad.

2. If you didn't want my opinion or others, then don't ask for em.

Gangrp should be more about the writing behind it, not everything is about perms in gangrp.
1. You aren't giving me an opinion. You're just -1'ing a post with no reasoning behind it, which is pretty annoying
2. Can you actually tell me why it'd be bad writing to allow this instead of just saying '-1' ? Because all I'm suggesting is to allow weapons that could realistically do something, to do said things. Why can't a PK take an eye? It REALISTCALLY can, and it doesn't benefit anyone or anything to prohibit it
3. I don't think you understand this post. This isn't a pro-gangrp vs anti-gangrp battleground, it is ONLY about the 'Can take limbs' stat

DivineCaesar

Level 25
TheEnglishDuck
TheEnglishDuck
Rich
Please remain respectful.
Do you know how annoying it is for someone to not read the post properly and just say -1 for the sake of it? I'm not being disrespectful here, i'm just calling it what it is. People are saying -1 because as soon as they read it, they instantly think about eyes being taken, while that's not what the post is about.

Lizalopod

Level 130
Do you know how annoying it is for someone to not read the post properly and just say -1 for the sake of it? I'm not being disrespectful here, i'm just calling it what it is. People are saying -1 because as soon as they read it, they instantly think about eyes being taken, while that's not what the post is about.
If they want to -1 it, they can do so. People arent obligated to say what their opinion is, and they may just say a simple yes or no! Please dont call them out on it, its still their opinion after all.

Ruin

Level 104
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
I'm biased since I hate GangRP, but players really shouldn't have the opportunity to take eyes in the first place. At least with Karakura's prosthetics technology, people can still function if they lose a limb, but if you lose your eyes there's nothing you can do. All it would take is being majored twice in order to permanently cripple your character in a way that makes them impossible to play the way you designed them. If important limbs are removed for well thought out lore-driven reasons, then I'm all for it; but if some dude just says "haha heehee you knocked me out so now I take ur eye teehee >//w//<" then it feels like you just wasted your time and lost an important aspect of your character.

(Mostly) unrelated ranting aside, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use knives or other sharp weapons to remove eyeballs. Even though I think the concept of gouging them out is silly and somewhat unrealistic, I personally would rather have consistency in the server over arbitrary rules like this.
find better people to roleplay with, dont roleplay with those you dont wish to. If you feel like your getting perm baited contact a staff member.

but my question wasn't answered by those who put +1 I don't know what you meant by neutral_face
because people can get their prosthettics and its usually kinda lame to see them walk in to the hospital then get out like nothing happend / continue their roleplay and ignore the fact they got a prosthettics, not everyone does it but there are people who do it. Some people's answers will be "Well then report them to staff" Sure, report them to staff one or two times if they dont roleplay accordingly but you're not really gonna be infront of them all the time and police if they're roleplaying having a prosthettics properly.
TLDR; eyes r better to stab, people cant just make eyes out of nowhere therefore max damage since theres no kps lol.

Edit: It's also sorta unrealistic that a character would stab out another person's eye, crippling them forever especially because of a petty reason, like getting knocked out. Taking any sort of limb should really have good writing behind it instead of "he knocked me out, there goes his leg."
my brother in christ this aint no post about removal of major perms go make a diff suggestion about that

+1 I suggest next time suggest this in karakura crime (Its better)

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
TLDR; eyes r better to stab, people cant just make eyes out of nowhere therefore max damage since theres no kps lol.
One of the main reasons KPS was removed is to prevent targeting characters to make them unplayable. . .

Ruin

Level 104
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
One of the main reasons KPS was removed is to prevent targeting characters to make them unplayable. . .
I dont get what are you trying to say or what kind of point are you trying to prove with this. Yes, we all know the reason it got removed n' all that and stabbing out eyes' point is also to make them semi-unplayable but the thing is katana is literally able to do it and katana is not a hard weapon to get, I see alot of non-verified gang members have katanas. If we go with what your saying then lets just remove the ability to remove eyes in the first place, however unfortunately this is a suggestion/rant about why pocket knives arent able to remove peoples eyes since it really isnt difficult thing to do so icly, its even kind of harder to do it with a katana in the first place.

Please lets not get off the rail and jump on other things, make a different suggestion/feedback for those if you wish to do so.

Lizalopod

Level 130
lmfao what? your guys' points are extremely irrelevant and you all sound like AI's with a custom script to reply to with everything gangrp related. how does that even make sense? What writing is better with a Katana over a Pocket Knife?

Ok so your suggesting to just remove taking eyes in general? Most of the points you say are as if you act like you can't already take eyes.

The only way to get rid of the "haha heehee you knocked me out so now I take ur eye teehee >//w//<" without entirely destroying criminal roleplay is by coming with a new way of escalating fights. Perms are mad outdated, the whole i knock you out now you have permission to majorly damage me is way too outdated. Staff need to take some inspiration from other servers.

You're getting no where with your point. You CAN still remove eyes you just only can do it with a Katana. The point is limiting it to a Katana is kinda stupid, only verified gangs can permanently damage someone and thats dumb as hell. Your counter-argument has to be actually relevant and related to the point. If you don't like taking eyes in general then make a suggestion to remove that aspect. Its not like hes suggesting that you should be able to take eyes, hes suggesting that limiting only taking eyes with a Katana is useless and to be honest is super unfair in GangRP.

Its a thing for a reason you can't just ignore taking eyes entirely. some people might have good reasons for wanting to take eyes and only having it be a Katana is kinda weird bro
Respect the opinions of the people posting in this thread. They are completely capable of disagreeing, this is their own opinion after all. Instead of resulting to toxic comments, please do keep in mind that people can have different thoughts on this topic.

ImYourManMyles

Level 50
ImYourManMyles
ImYourManMyles
Omega
IGN:
TheEnglishDuck
DATE:
03/11/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I would like to suggest that sharp weapons such as the Naginata or the Pocket Knife should be able to remove eyes, as there is no reason only a Katana should be able to do so. This is because staff have ruled that an eye is classified under the 'limb' stat of a weapon's 'Can remove limbs' and have voided eyes being taken by PKs and Naginatas
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
First of all, eyes are not limbs. It really does not make sense for this sort of limitation to be put in place, you could scoop out an eye with fingers if you wanted to; though the sugesstion isn't about that. It'd just make more sense to allow eyes, or other small body parts to be separate from limbs such as arms and legs, because giving the same rule to a squishy eye that could be plucked out easily versus a leg that has a giant bone in it, is pretty stupid.. If you don't accept this suggestion, then please.. PLEASE just add these things to the rules, it really makes no sense for restrictions to be put in place that people don't know about..
+1 W

DivineCaesar

Level 25
TheEnglishDuck
TheEnglishDuck
Rich
Respect the opinions of the people posting in this thread. They are completely capable of disagreeing, this is their own opinion after all. Instead of resulting to toxic comments, please do keep in mind that people can have different thoughts on this topic.
Stop calling any opinions that aren't your own bias. No one's swearing, no one's calling eachother an idiot. Stop trying to make the opposing side seem bad

I -1 your comment

DivineCaesar

Level 25
TheEnglishDuck
TheEnglishDuck
Rich
Also keep in mind, yes people can have different opinions, but if you voice those opinions, other people can share their opinions on your opinion?? That's how free speech works. If they can speak, so can we. Like, if you just say '-1 no further context' then I can also say 'Provide further context' ??? It's not like they have to, but I can still say it?

- - -

Level 15
I'm biased since I hate GangRP, but players really shouldn't have the opportunity to take eyes in the first place. At least with Karakura's prosthetics technology, people can still function if they lose a limb, but if you lose your eyes there's nothing you can do. All it would take is being majored twice in order to permanently cripple your character in a way that makes them impossible to play the way you designed them. If important limbs are removed for well thought out lore-driven reasons, then I'm all for it; but if some dude just says "haha heehee you knocked me out so now I take ur eye teehee >//w//<" then it feels like you just wasted your time and lost an important aspect of your character.

(Mostly) unrelated ranting aside, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use knives or other sharp weapons to remove eyeballs. Even though I think the concept of gouging them out is silly and somewhat unrealistic, I personally would rather have consistency in the server over arbitrary rules like this.
Why would you knock someone out, while really liking your developed character and how they are played, if you are fully in the knowledge that your character has a big chance of being majored. Thats part of the fun in GangRP, the risk! You almost never do something without consequences, and the consequences for knocking someone out might be that they take your Eye. If you do the same mistake twice, it is your fault and not the one of the people major'ing you. Dont complain about consequences of your own actions.

DivineCaesar

Level 25
TheEnglishDuck
TheEnglishDuck
Rich
Why would you knock someone out, while really liking your developed character and how they are played, if you are fully in the knowledge that your character has a big chance of being majored. Thats part of the fun in GangRP, the risk! You almost never do something without consequences, and the consequences for knocking someone out might be that they take your Eye. If you do the same mistake twice, it is your fault and not the one of the people major'ing you. Dont complain about consequences of your own actions.
FR, the rules are literally so clear xD if you KO someone you can lose a limb..

Lizalopod

Level 130
Also keep in mind, yes people can have different opinions, but if you voice those opinions, other people can share their opinions on your opinion?? That's how free speech works. If they can speak, so can we. Like, if you just say '-1 no further context' then I can also say 'Provide further context' ??? It's not like they have to, but I can still say it?
You may do so in a civil manner, which a lot of comments on this thread have not been. Remain respectful, this is the last time I will say this.

DivineCaesar

Level 25
TheEnglishDuck
TheEnglishDuck
Rich
You may do so in a civil manner, which a lot of comments on this thread have not been. Remain respectful, this is the last time I will say this.
Remain respectful or else I will do unrespectful things to you
-Lizalopod, 07/11/2022

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
Share them respectfully. :)

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Why would you knock someone out, while really liking your developed character and how they are played, if you are fully in the knowledge that your character has a big chance of being majored.
Because that would be an interesting thing to do ICly, because of the lore of my characters and the server itself. Because I'm not using a throwaway character for the sake of winning combat roleplay encounters. Because the concept of delinquent or criminal rivalry is an interesting concept for roleplay.

Except, it's not, or at least not on this server. SRP's combat / criminal / gang community mostly doesn't care about about lore or character development, it's about numbers, how many people you can knock out, dismember, or kill. I'm all for roleplaying out the consequences of my IC actions, but if those consequences are permanent damage for minor offenses, then I've got zero interest.

You almost never do something without consequences, and the consequences for knocking someone out might be that they take your Eye. If you do the same mistake twice, it is your fault and not the one of the people major'ing you.
Though, you are right, those are the current consequences to the action of defending yourself realistically when physically threatened, which is why I steer clear of combat roleplay like I'm avoiding the plague. I would love to participate in this kind of roleplay with a few of my developed delinquent characters, but I'd much rather develop them in ways that don't jeopardize my ability to play them long-term.

Dont complain about consequences of your own actions.
I'd consider my account less of a complaint than it is a valid criticism of the server. I don't see how anybody can justifiably say that knocking someone out is proper means to removing full limbs, it's absolutely absurd to me.

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
THIS THREAD IS TO DISCUSS WHETHER OR NOT SHARP WEAPONS THAT AREN'T THE KATANA OR FIRE AXE SHOULD BE ABLE TO REMOVE EYEBALLS,

IT IS NOT A DEBATE OVER CERTAIN ASPECTS OF GANG ROLEPLAY.

...Which has already been said, but big bold font makes it easier to see (hopefully?)

Apologies for double posting and mini-modding, but I feel like the point of this thread has been almost completely lost. If we want to discuss the legitimacy of gouging out eyes or how literary and realistic / believable gang roleplay should be, we should probably make threads specifically for those topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread