mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

LanceP

Level 1
LanceP
LanceP
Notable
Hello!

I am writing this guide as a new character who had came across a lot of times where I had to scrounge the forums or find out things myself, and realizing that there aren't that many guides for the actual aspects of being a greenie, so here is some of the things I came across that confused me, and how I overcame those things.

Names

Starting off, you need to have a good skin, but more important than that, is having a matching name. Schoolrp is based off of a small town in Japan, so you have to line your character up with a way to be in that town, or be born Japanese.(/rpname to set your name.)
Bad name examples: Alex Strong
Evan Stevens,
or even just your username. (A common mistake)

Good name example:

Utsumi Naohiro
Jinnouchi Hisaki
Fujiyama Masazumi

If you have trouble coming up with a name on your own, Use this webpage to generate one.

Skins

Skin, along with your name is one of the first things players will see, and even though people say they won't judge a book by its cover, they will subconsciously. You're already been placed poorly as a "Greenie" (Meaning, new player, with a green grade tag (grade7-9) So, you need to have a skin that will stand out.

A good place to find skins, if you don't have one already, is NameMC
There are also Tailors, who you can pay either in game currency, or commissions to make you a skin.

Skin guides have been covered a lot more in depth by other forums posts, so here is one of them.
Chibyy's

Description

Description (/setdesc) is another thing people will use to determine if they want to interact with you or not.
You want to describe your character's appearance and a defining characteristic, in a detailed text.

Bad examples:
hi i am 6'8 and very tall and strong hi its nice to meet you

Hi i am known as (name) and my height is 5'2 in real life but in game I am 5'6

PLEASE BE FREINDS WITH ME

Good examples:
Infront of you was a tall figure, with a short cut brown hair. His hands were resting in his pockets, as he looked down at you slightly. You could guess he was around 6'3.

A man stood infront of you, around 6'4, As you tilted your head up to look at him, he had jet black hair, in sections, matching his eyes. He spoke slowly, and confidently, with a French accent. It was clear he wasn't perfect with his Japanese, but he was trying.

A small girl looked up at you with a smile as you approached her, her hair was silvery gray, almost shining like metal, matching with her outfit, a simple black hoodie, and pair of baggy jeans.

Food

A big problem that you're going to come across, is that you will quickly run out of the two starter apples you are given. The easiest way is to go to the vending machine, and buy the "marshmallow snacks" for 100¥. Don't sprint jump until you can easily afford more food, and if you need to, you can ask people using /ooc (msg)

Money

Money on this server is Yen, not dollars, because we are in Japan. To think of prices, think of each 100 yen as one USD or Euro, and that's roughly the conversion rate.
You are given an allowance every 30 minutes of playtime between 500 and 1k yen depending on your Grade (more on that later) and you are also given money from /vote, and /namemcverify.

The only other way (as a greenie) to really make money outside of that, is to Fish. You can fish at the Beach (1440, 1400), and at the fishing pond (1940, 830) (or anywhere there is water, but there are npcs and rods for sale there.)

Cell Phones

Phones are a big question. The only way to obtain them is from Auction house (behind spawn) player trades (BE WARY OF SCAMS) or player ran stores (which open rarely.)
Flip phones are 9-10k at a player ran store, and 20-30k on the Auction House.

You will struggle to find one, and will struggle to get one, but eventually you will get one.

Use /phonenumber to get your number, to give to other people.

Phone commands are Here

Times

School gates open at 7:30, and you are required to be on school grounds at 8:30 (mon-fri) to 3pm.

Each OOC minute is 4 minutes in game (Roughly) , so multiply by 4x to find any form of times.

Weekends are also free.

Houses

Homes are only available to be OWNED by staff, however as a student you can rent them.
To find open to rent apartments, go to the Estate Agent (1780 1350) and they will give you coordinates.

Attributes

/attributes in game shows you a list of traits you have.
Speed
Acrobatics (Jumping)
Swimming
Endurance
Cooking
Fishing

Speed is how fast you run, and increases by 0.01% every 80-90 seconds you spend sprinting / sprint jumping
Acrobatics is how high you jump, which increases 0.01% every ~40 jumps
Swimming is how fast you swim, which increases 0.01% every ~30-50 blocks
Endurance is how much (damage you take?) which increases as your speed, acrobatics, and swimming increase.
Cooking is your level in cooking, which can be increased by using a furnace (looks like a stove) to cook things. Each item (atleast at level 0) increases your cooking by 0.1%. You can find a furnace by the campfire in the forest, next to the pond.
Fishing attribute is currently broken, but increases each time you reach the QTE (Quick time event) by 0.01%

Coordinates

Here is a list of coordinates to helpful locations.
Bank: 1680 670 (Also location to shopping district)
Beach: 1440 1400
School Ponds: 1860 1080 (Where to fish during school hours)
TechStore (Aka Lightning, playerran) 1360 1185
Fishing pond (also forest): 1940 830
Auction House: 1285 980
Estate Agent (To find open apts): 1780 1350

(More to come, also! I recommend using a waypoint program. (Lunar has one built in!- kinda buggy at the moment.)

How to RP!

There are a few main ways.
/me (with sub commands /mel and /mec) gives you a tag of *** (2-4*)then (name) and an action, which will be in Yellow text. used to do actions, and actions only.
Talking blankly, without anything special will automatically- (Name) says "(message)"
Talking with an action would be example:
Hello! *He would wave* my name is Toshi!
would turn into
(Name) says, "Hello!" He would wave "My name is Toshi!"

Don't take too long in interactions, to type, unless the other person is also. Otherwise, they may get bored and leave.
Make sure to make as MANY friends as possible, while you're still a greenie, they will become useful later!

Try not to be a loner! Walk up to people, and start conversation! If you really don't want to, then ask them for help, and lead that into a conversation!
If you REALLY don't want to (Hello introverts!) Detail roleplay an activity! People around you may think that you're a good roleplayer, and will want to be friends with you, and walk up to you! Also, stick out! Do something different, like, wearing a suit, to an informal location!

Small tips!

OOC- Out of character
LOOC- Local out of character
ICLY- In character
IC - In character
ICY - In character

Karakura is the name of the town.

Sometimes the textures are bugged! Use 1.16.5 or 1.14.4 if this happens to you.

/vote isn't always 24 hours! Sometimes it is 12, and if you really need cash you should try!

Alt boosting is punishable!

/friends msg is very laggy, but if you have no other way to communicate is helpful.

/ooc ALONE without a message will turn off that chat!

/acrobatics will disable your /attribute gain, temp resetting you to 0% to see how far you've come!

Appending is done by using -- at the end of your message, then continuing on another message! they will link together automatically.

Color codes can only be used if you have a rank, or if you are in books!

/grade to rankup!

Grade 12 is roughly 2 days and 6 hours gameplay.

Once your grade is red, you can be robbed! Be careful!

Sprinting and jumping still increases both speed and jumping the same.

/wardrobe allows you to have 3 skins in a save set, so you don't have to keep relogging to change outfits for one character.

Admins are sometimes busy! There will be bugs, make sure to be patient, and nice to them. They are not being paid!

You will be teleported to school grounds if you are off of them during school times.

To get into college, you have to be grade 12, and pass the exams that are held once every 3 irl months.

To learn a language, you have to appeal on the forums.

Don't use a migrator cape if you don't want to be seen as a newbie.

Use propper grammar. Pretend like you're writing a book when you roleplay. Don't use things like "ur"

Have fun!

I'll add more edits later!
Peace​

catastrofe

Level 11
aslaniy
aslaniy
Omega+
this is awesome of u to do :3

also, you dont necessarily need to have a japanese name to fit in. in fact, a lot of longtime roleplays on srp have foreigner characters!

The FJ

Level 93
ilovemyplanex5
ilovemyplanex5
Rich+
Yes!! Love this, but
so you have to line your character up with a way to be in that town, or be born Japanese.
Not all characters in SRP are from Japan! Many are from other places around the world and moved to Japan for one reason or another

LanceP

Level 1
LanceP
LanceP
Notable
Yes!! Love this, but

Not all characters in SRP are from Japan! Many are from other places around the world and moved to Japan for one reason or another
"Line up with a way to be in that town" was worded weirdly, but meant to be in the way where it was moving / foreign exchange! I'll change that in the next edit <3

LanceP

Level 1
LanceP
LanceP
Notable
Using waypoint programs are punishable, probably not best to encourage new players to use one-
I did not find that anywhere- thank you for telling me! I'll add that in the next edit.
^-^

Users who are viewing this thread