cuddlesmeow

Level 99
cuddlesyou
cuddlesyou
Omega+
IGN: cuddlesmeow
DATE: May 20, 2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

I suggest censoring the word "Greenie" with the chat filter.

Also, I suggest implementing a reward system that gives new players three cookies, which they can use to give to players who helped and taught them how to roleplay. When they right click someone with the cookie, it will give the person who helped them 1000 yen.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

Can we please stop using the word "Greenie" to refer to new players? I feel like it's not fair and can be hurtful. Instead, why don't we just call them "new" or something similar? This way, we make sure everyone feels welcome. Let's focus on encouraging and supporting new players, rather than using terms that might make them uncomfortable.

Infi

Level 127
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+

This is a loose term used to refer to new players that may not understand the rules. 1. It’s up to us as veteran players to show them the rules and 2. If it’s being used in a negative and condescending manner, it should be reported on an dealt with. I’m pretty sure this has been suggested and denied before

Customable

Level 135
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
This is unnecessary censoring for a word that literally just means “new”, if we censor greenie, we should censor “red tag”, too. More unnecessary censorship

DylanDeNewb

Level 32
Community Team
Developer
instrumentalityi
instrumentalityi
Fundraiser+
cookie thing won't work either due to the amount of alts owned by players, they'll be able to gift yen to themselves

EnderBubs

Level 54

As everyone is saying there is no point in censoring something that isn’t even a bad word or phrase. If someone is getting offended by the word greenie (which again isn’t bad, it just means that they have a green tag) than they can speak up about it

As for the reward system it’s agajn just pointless. We don’t need to implement a reward system for new players to give them cookies to give to people who helped them. Those cookies are again just pointless and useless seeing how most of the time they cost less than 1k and can just be eaten in a single click

philbertman42

Level 130
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
As someone who has been against the title since it randomly sprung up one day and swept over the server like some sort of plague, this isn't really necessary. The issue you speak of isn't the word itself, but the intent behind it; some players berate and discriminate against new players, and this will be true whether or not we censor one word.

markoos

Level 28
This has to be a troll. Nobody is this much of a snowflake. Like mate, I literally use the word greenie to refer to veteran green tags too, and so does everyone I know.

Acroy

Level 28
[-100]
It's a joke, don't tell me you can't take a joke. Come on- seriously? Don't make a big deal out of the word "greenie" which as MANY people said above, is a term for inexperienced new players that aren't familiar with the rules. This is stupid

markoos

Level 28
This has to be a troll. Nobody is this much of a snowflake. Like mate, I literally use the word greenie to refer to veteran green tags too, and so does everyone I know.
Update: I'm a greenie now, so I have reclaimed the word and now may use it freely.

Users who are viewing this thread