GuestGuest9

Level 1
GuestGuest9
GuestGuest9
Omega+
What is your Minecraft Username:

GuestGuest9

Describe your activity as a player of the server:

Well right now I'm at university, so in this situation I have an almost unlimited amount of free time. I might play during the day in between lectures, but mostly in the evenings, staying up late as due to my time zone, that's when the server is most active. I'm online most nights, usually for 4+ hour sessions at a time. But those sessions, depending on what I'm up have reached upwards of 7 ish hours before, staying up well into the AMs the next morning. Right now my biggest activity is spending time with my in game family, the Mochizukis, a few of which are part of the school staff.

Please provide any previous faction applications you have created, whether accepted or denied:

Reporter Application - Denied

(https://schoolrp.net/threads/guestguest9-reporter-application-incomplete.67192/)

Provide your Discord and confirm if you have a microphone:

themanharry and yes of course I do!

What is your time zone?:

GMT +00:00 (United Kingdom)

Are you aware that if you are inactive on the team you will be demoted?

Yes completely.

What is your motivation for joining the Event Team:

After sinking a good few hours into this server and community and exploring every avenue a High Schooler can provide you, I've wanted to become part of something bigger for quite some time now. After the Reporter application, which I unfortunately just wasn't able to reach the deadline for, I managed to become an employee of an In-Character Builders company called Honey Corp, where orders and payments would be all handled In-Character, instead of through a discord server outside of the game. This for me was perfect. That extra level of the IC aspect allowed for some really interesting and fun Roleplay opportunities. From making friends with my coworkers, role-playing usual workplace banter, and just having another avenue of fun experiences to have. But unfortunately, do to competition in the builder's market on SRP, Honey Corp unfortunately has since shut down. We all still remain good friends, but I want to continue this streak of becoming part of something bigger, and something with more great RP opportunities. And I believe the event team, having been on my radar for quite a while, could be the next step for me. But why the Event Team specifically? Well not only do I believe that it's a huge part of the SRP itself, the random pop up events and little happenings that you can come across, I believe are an integral part to the SRP experience. It's something that breaks up the day to day routine with some fun events that can spice up anyone's roleplay session. And for me I believe it'll be a great creative outlet because, as I'll elaborate later, I find myself to be a very creative person and the event team sounds like the perfect avenue for me to express that.

What makes you a suitable event team member:

I like to think my minds always whirring (Now I'm thinking while editing this it's a little embarrassing as these application are public but ... hey I gotta give you guys the beans). What I mean is that most days, I find my mind wandering about different ideas for stories, different plotlines. You see, my Roleplay days actually originated on Wattpad. Now I'm not sure if want to give you my account name as .. well I was maybe 14-15 at the time ... lotta embarrassing memories there. But back then someone would post a chapter, set the stage and the setting, then you'd use a comment chain, posting your character's movements and actions in response to others. This is where I actually got my detailRP skills from, I find I can very confidently write a descriptive paragraph for any situation. I've shown this off once in an SRP English class where I managed to detailRP a rock for an assignment once. Anyway I'm getting off track, my point is, my role-play roots are built on creating new ideas and new settings for role-play opportunities for my friends of the time, needing to make sure each scenario was unique and exciting. Whether that be escaping from a secret government facility, a super power high school, or living on an alien colony somewhere in the universe, were all examples of situations I remember roleplaying in. Then of course, the more I role-played, the more practice I got writing more and more descriptive paragraphs and responses, something I believe is very important in being an event team member too. Setting the scene in a descriptive manner not only is satisfying for myself, but it also helps others, spectators or other event members alike, to better immerse themselves in the scenario I'm creating and they can react in a more appropriate and informed manner.

Then of course outside of the actual in game, role-play side, there's an element of how to conduct myself. I understand that being an event team member is a very big position in SRP and that comes with a certain amount of responsibility and maturity. While I'm definitely one to enjoy a good time, messing around a little, but at the end of the day I understand that the event team comes first and I need to make sure that I respect where the limit it and not take things too far.

Please provide three detailed event suggestions that would work for our server:
A quick pre note, one thing I've noticed with a lot of the event's is that they tend to be just an observation. An area of the map is cornered off and people watch as an event is carried out then promptly ends. So what I want to focus on is more community driven/involvement events. I want to suggest a few ideas that are server wide, or community driven. Something that people can really feel involved in! So here are my three:

The Haunting Of Karakura
Prologue
"As the month of October descends on the quaint city of Karakura, the streets, alleys and homes begin to feel a lot less .. empty. Rumours begin to spread, strange sightings and happenings become all too common in this town as the afterlife begins to seep its way into our own world. Are they here for vengeance, forgiveness or .. just a bit of fun. All we know is, they're here to stay .. for now .."

Premise
Now I know the idea of ghosts has already been used before, but as I've said before I want to take this concept to the next level and vastly increase the amount of community interaction. I absolutely love the ghost concept. The simple ability to disappear and reappear is such untapped potential and can be used in so many ways. So, on top of the usual activities of each year's October where ghosts roam around the woods and occasionally scare wandering students, I want to break that barrier of 'Players come to us' and instead have 'We go to the players'. Here I have two ideas of what I mean by this:

Firstly is targeted haunting. One thing I've always wanted to do ever since I first came across the Ghost idea was to specifically haunt a single person. And the beauty of this is that it will be random. Not another event member or a pre-decided person, but the idea of picking a single random student and following them around for a single play session, whispering behind their back, scaring them, poking fun at their friend group just sounds amazing. This is perfect as it creates a sense of involvement for all players logging in over October. Rumours will no doubt spread across the server as the whole idea of "I might get haunted!" will be on everyone's minds. Players will not think "after school I might go ghost hunting" (as I have done many times myself), instead we go to those players, go inside of their homes, knock things over and slam doors. Really selling the idea Karakura as a whole is being haunted, and not just the woodland area.

Secondly, I believe there should be some, for lack of a better term, average ghosts. What I mean, is various event team members will take the role of a ghost, but with the twist of them not being a murderous physcopath or an 800 year old spirit. But in fact that of a typical high schooler, or potentially even a teacher. This is believe will even further push that idea of community involvement, entering into the everyday play sessions of students. Scenarios may include suddenly appearing at the back of classrooms, asking for directions around school before suddenly disappearing, or even be seen sitting in the trees around the campus observing students from afar. Alongside this, I believe it could even stretch to the faculty. Where a mysterious new teacher joins the school team, hosting classes, teaching lessons as if we are still in the 1800s or early 1900s. This all helps to bring the hauntings to the player, being right there in the centre of it all. Instead of making players come to us.

Logistics
Now of course this comes with an element of logistics. Due to the fact I haven't had any experience with permissions like being a ghost character, I'm unsure of its limitations. For example my idea of randomly haunting peoples homes, I'm unsure if there is even the ability to get into people's homes without of course teleporting inside. Then with the targeted haunting aspect, this will only take place with one player, per play session, to prevent potentially annoying the person to an OOC extent. And even then, depending on the views of you event teamers, if it's necessary to ask people's permission first, potentially through a forum post where people can submit their IGN, allowing for their characters to be picked randomly to be haunted, if they're lucky enough. Other than that, this won't require much from the build team or anything, just some original ideas for some ghosts and a few skins here and there!

/me or /it Examples
(This /it will be used in the case you have been chose to be haunted, hopefully through a private message)
"Suddenly, you feel a slow cold wrap you from head to toe, almost like a blanket. Your hairs stand on end and you heart beat doubles in pace. Your eyes widen and ears become alert as you begin to feel a presence behind you .. watching .. observing .."

(This /it may be used in the case your apartment is haunted)
"A cool breeze was felt passing the back of your kneck, bringing your hairs to attention. The room all of sudden .. gets a lot colder. Ordinary objects begin to seem out of place and lights begin to flicker I each room. One thing is for certain .. something else is here ..."

Animal Takeover!
Prologue
"This just in! Reports are coming in left, right and centre of an animal infestation hitting the Karakura Highschool! It appears several animals have found their way in to the school grounds, wreaking havoc and destruction all round the campus! The Chancellor has commented they are doing everything they can to discover the cause of this sudden invasion and are working hard to find the cause of how these animals are gaining access to school grounds. Stay tuned for more reports"

Premise
As the prologue suggests, animals like racoons, foxes, dogs, cats and all sorts begin to make their way into the school grounds, for potentially days on end! They make their into classrooms, faculty lounges and libraries. Knocking over chairs and tables, scaring off students or even befriending them. Perhaps students may turn up to a class full of racoons nibbling at the furniture, knocking over tables and chairs, with a helpless teacher trying their best to shoo them away to get their lesson started.

Not only this but for the first time ever, I propose for one day only, removing the 'No Animals on School Grounds' restriction for all players with an animal permissions! This will give all animals, except for bears, goats and aquatic creatures alike, the ability to enter the school grounds during a school day. This is yet another way that I want to make the player base part of the event. Where we, as the event team, would set the stage for the first day or two, unleashing half-scripted havoc on the school then on the final day it will be in the playerbase's hands of how they want this event to finish. Whether it be in more havoc, resulting in tighter restrictions on animal control, or a happy ending where students managed to get along well with their new companions.

This whole event will rely on a part of the fence, possibly around the back of the school where footfall is low, where a part of the exterior wall breaks down, allowing animals to hop the fences and enter the grounds. Or perhaps maybe a hole is dug by a sneaky fox, sharing it's location with it's animal friends.

Logistics
Firstly, I'm sure the first part this event is hopefully within the realms of possibility, as the permission of school access will only be granted to event team members, where more scripted and planned events can take place. However the finale of this event, that being the community inclusion, is where an issue may lie. Animals have never been allowed to go on the school grounds except only under specific circumstances. So this presents a pretty big change in the rules of animal permissions for the server, despite it only being a temporary change. But I believe this is a great event idea as it will be the first event to specifically cater to those with animal permissions as they will be the main centre piece to it.

/me or /it Examples
(This /it will be used to set the scene for an unlucky teacher starting their class)
"As you enter the classroom, suddenly the smell of wild animals fills your nostrils. As you observe the classroom, table, chairs, books and paper have been thrown all around. Scuttling and scrambling is head from all corners of the room as you're certain .. you can see a tail peaking from behind the front desk .."

The Karakuran Japanese Rally
Prologue
"It's official! The Karakuran Government, alongside the Japanese Government have been granted permission by the FIA to host a single stage of the Japanese World Rally Championship here on the streets of Karakura. You may begin to see barriers, signs, various marshal tents and the Service Park begin to appear across town as for one weekend only, Karakura is converted into a rally drivers paradise!"

Premise
I'm a BIG fan of the WRC in real life and, for my last event idea, I want to be able to bring that passion to SRP. Most of my inspiration for this event came from the fairly recent Karakura Traithlon event that saw road barricades get put up, a start/stop line nearby the hospital, and various other event stands get put up all over town. Then after that my mind began whirring about the possibility of a Rally themed event, especially after the recent vehicle updates. And also a side note, this event will take place on an in game weekend, which due to the lack of a school day, often is a bit of an empty day for most role-players with not much going on. So this will fill those days with activity and action!

I propose to feature all of the general parts to a rally weekend. Ranging from a service park with tents, repair equipment and merch stands being set up somewhere in Karakura (I'll speak more on this in the logistics section below). This will stick around for a good few days before and after the event, giving players a fresh new area to explore. Then there will be a meet and greet with some famous drivers a day before the event, where us event team members will make characters based off real life drivers, but of course with a spin on their names such as "Colon McRace" or "Peter Solburger". Drivers will be able to answer questions, talk to reporters, even have some friendly banter with their fellow drivers.

Then we get to the main event! The drivers will take their place on the start line and off they go! Racing around the streets, doing donuts around hay bales, jumps and tight turns before racing to the finish line located on the beachfront. Players will be able to stand anywhere in Karakura and get a piece of the action as these cars roar past them. Footbridges may be put up where needed in case some players aren't fans and just want to continue with their usual lives.

After the main rally stage is complete these drivers will take their place on the podium, celebrating their victory or reluctantly bowing in defeat. And after a final send off as they head back to mainland Japan to complete the full rally, Karakura begins to pack up to return to it's usual city life.

Logistics
Now, this idea weighs on the build team way more than my other two ideas as it not only requires the stage to be built out around town, but a whole service park to be built too. Two locations I propose for this service park are either the car park outside the shop on the beach front, nearby the skatepark. Or possibly the playground-ish plot of grassland right opposite the post office. In the days before this will be cornered off and flattened as buildings begin to appear, building up hype before an announcement is made, as more racing items like cones and fencing starts appearing on sidewalks around town aswell. So once again, it will be a pretty big job for the build team, but once it's all complete, I believe it will definitely be well worth it and an event to remember.

Alongside this, we will need to get in contact with the Customs team and prepare vehicles for these drivers to use. I do in fact know that one player has actually bought a custom vehicle for all three of the current Rally1 Cars of the modern era. So I wonder if it's possible simply to just use those assets that have already been made and simply use those for the weekend.

/me or /it Examples
(Here's an example use of an /it to set the scene to anyone arriving at the service park)
"The moment you step foot in the service park, you become aware of the hustle and bustle of this small temporary mechanics den. Men and Women run about, some holding papers and others with spanners and spare tires. The smell of petrol fills your nose and the sound of engines idling invades your ears. Car jacks and wheel guns fire off as mechanics make final preparations and last minute adjustements to their cars. Excitement and adrenaline fills your mind as you spot famous drivers wandering the park, signing autographs and posing for photos. Perhaps you may even be able to meet one"

Additional notes (You may leave this blank):

Just want to say thank you for your time looking through my application! I know you have to go through lot of applications and I know plenty of the others have formatted theirs much better with images and designs (I'm not as good in that department! ..) but thanks for looking through mine anyway! I love the event team and all you do for this server and I really hope I can be a part of it and help you guys make even bigger and better events in future.​

Last edited:

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Denied
Thank you for your application, unfortunately, we have decided to deny this application. Whilst your application was good, it didn't stand out. Making sure the ideas you propose are original gives you a better chance next time you apply!

Users who are viewing this thread