mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Guide for new Players┊Phones

Cherumoe

Level 2
Are you new to SchoolRP and are wondering how to obtain a phone, then this guide is for you! I'll go over the most important parts of buying a phone with you to help you on your journey in SchoolRP.

Firstly let's talk about the basics, what is a phone used for?
  1. Lots of people use their phone to message or even call other players through the game. To do this you must firstly of course own a phone but you also will have to add the player's phone number. Each player has a different number and you can find them out by asking the player for their number. One thing that is worth to mention is that, once you've obtained your very own phone number you cannot change it! (Use /phonenumber to find out yours!)
  2. Every player with a phone has a book full of their contacts. There are multiple pages and you can of course add a phone number along with the player's name.
  3. There are multiple commands for using a phone but the most important thing is that you'll have to hold your phone and right click it to access the menu! The commands for using a phone are on the official SchoolRP server.
  4. You can also play songs using your phone!

The next thing we'll go over is, what kinds of phones are there?
  1. There are multiple kinds of phones with the most popular one being the Smartphone, though if you do want to buy a much cheaper phone then go for the Flip-phone.
  2. Of course these phones also have different colors, the most popular ones here being white and black which are also the most expensive to buy.

Now you might be wondering, what is the difference between a Smartphone and a Flip-phone?
  1. I haven't seen a massive difference, the only things that I've noticed were that they look a lot different.
  2. You seem to be approached a lot more if you have a Smartphone but starting off with a Flip-phone is never wrong, we love the vibes it gives!
  3. You cannot play games on a Flip-phone and the OnRain app is not available on it.

And of course, nothing is a good guide without an introduction to the average cost of the item.

1. Smartphones are usually bought for around 30K Yen to 50K Yen. I do recommend going for the ones around the 30K price mark since they're the most common.
  2. Flip-phones are significantly cheaper than Smartphones and I've seen some people sell them for 2.5K Yen to 10K Yen.

Now to the most important part of this guide, where do you actually buy phones?

1. The auction house behind spawn, this I do not recommend to a lot of new players since it can get really pricey.
  2. PRS (Player-run-store), these stores are run by players which means the price and location of the item always is hard to find. One thing I do is I go to the Karakura Town Discord and then under the category called "rosters" I click on "shop-rosters" and join any of the Retail & Convenience stores or the Accessories & Gift stores. Usually they have a catalog of the items they're selling along with a price chart. If you have trouble finding the store you can ask in the Discord of the store or DM the owner of the store.
  3. A famous place to buy phones at is Lightning Electronics, if they are not open just wait until they are and keep a lookout for adverbs, they usually appear in chat and are very helpful if you want to go on a shopping spree!

Happy roleplaying and I hope that this short guide helped you get a better understanding of how to get a phone in SchoolRP!

Last edited:

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
Pretty much all player run stores that aren't really specific to anything (game stores, convenience stores etc) sell phones. For the price, they're usually around 30-40k for smartphones, and more for special smartphones or limited edition ones.

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Now you might be wondering, what is the difference between a Smartphone and a Flip-phone?
  1. I haven't seen a massive difference, the only things that I've noticed were that they look a lot different.
Flip phones don't give you access to the phone games (an integral part of SRP gameplay), and I believe you also can't access onrain through them (though this may have changed). You can still verify your onrain account regardless of what phone you use and access the website via your internet browser, you just can't send messages in-game.

Users who are viewing this thread