mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Gym Suggestion - _bup

_bup

Level 1
_bup
_bup
Fundraiser+
Heya guys, came up with a lil' suggestion I want yall's opinions on.

Basically, I think there should be a public gym in Karakura that can be used to gain attribute stats a lil' easier.
The gym could be placed in the updated business district and could run on an in-game monthly subscription, similar to how apartments and housing has a 30-day timer before you're evicted. Once on this subscription, you'd be allowed into the gym where ALL physical attributes (Speed, acro, swimming, endurance) are given a 1.5x XP boost.
I believe this would be beneficial to the player-base since a lot of people find it quite gruelling to grind out these stats, especially if they have a small window to play the server in their day-to-day life. Not only would this prove popular with players, it would be one more thing for players to use their in-game money on, giving them more of an incentive to get jobs which can greatly help the in-game economics and business factor.

Thank you guys for reading! <3

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
1. Use the format
2. There already is a gym
3. Some places, like the track field in the school, already grant bonuses to attribute gain

Although your idea as a whole could probably work out, it'd make gaining attributes based off of having money instead of putting in time and effort. Suggestions similar to this have been denied in the past already, although I don't recall why, you can look back for yourself

_bup

Level 1
_bup
_bup
Fundraiser+
1. Use the format
2. There already is a gym
3. Some places, like the track field in the school, already grant bonuses to attribute gain

Although your idea as a whole could probably work out, it'd make gaining attributes based off of having money instead of putting in time and effort. Suggestions similar to this have been denied in the past already, although I don't recall why, you can look back for yourself
Ah, I didn't notice there was a format for this! sorry about that!

Thank you for your feedback though! I don't believe this would make attributes based off of money, though I do see where you're coming from of course! Perhaps it would be better to make the percentage increase smaller, something like 1.2 or 1.3 instead of 1.5, this should make it a bit more fair. And of course, I'm not saying completely remove the fact you can gain these things naturally, the option will always be there to grind and such as normal.

Perhaps this buff could also work up until a certain percentile? That way, it would be fair to other players whilst also providing a boost to those who can afford it.

As for your comment about there already being a gym, if I remember correctly, there are more than one shop, no? I don't quite understand what criticism you're bringing there, so I can't properly comment.

soratheonly

Level 55
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
Ah, I didn't notice there was a format for this! sorry about that!

Thank you for your feedback though! I don't believe this would make attributes based off of money, though I do see where you're coming from of course! Perhaps it would be better to make the percentage increase smaller, something like 1.2 or 1.3 instead of 1.5, this should make it a bit more fair. And of course, I'm not saying completely remove the fact you can gain these things naturally, the option will always be there to grind and such as normal.

Perhaps this buff could also work up until a certain percentile? That way, it would be fair to other players whilst also providing a boost to those who can afford it.

As for your comment about there already being a gym, if I remember correctly, there are more than one shop, no? I don't quite understand what criticism you're bringing there, so I can't properly comment.
I believe what they're commenting on is you saying "There should be a public gym in Karakura" as there is already a public gym with the new business park update.
I also agree with the based off money part, as if there was a monthly subscription it'd be based off money due to having to buy a subscription and if you're unable to pay it then you'd be unable to get the stats boost.

_bup

Level 1
_bup
_bup
Fundraiser+
I believe what they're commenting on is you saying "There should be a public gym in Karakura" as there is already a public gym with the new business park update.
I also agree with the based off money part, as if there was a monthly subscription it'd be based off money due to having to buy a subscription and if you're unable to pay it then you'd be unable to get the stats boost.
Ah, I see! Thank you for clearing that up for me!

I see the problem with the money part too, but obviously it couldn't be free!

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I don't think your specific implementation would be a good idea. First, a charging money for this service would be a bad move, as the only people who would use this gym would be players who haven't maxed out their stats already, which consists primarily of newer players; most people already have trouble keeping enough money when they start out on the server, and adding a subscription service on top of that would only make things worse. Second, I am against adding features that don't allow for community engagement, or in other terms, things that don't promote interaction between people (such as a new place to roleplay, or a mi****me plug-in). Having a player hotspot is meaningless if no roleplay is happening because everyone is too busy grinding their stats while semi-afk, it kind of entirely defeats the purpose of playing on this type of server.

I really think attributes need to be reworked, but I don't think this suggestion or any like it should be the way the server does it. This is one of those issues where everyone is proposing solutions which only treat the symptoms of the real disease; even if attributes take less time to grind, there's still the problem of it being a long, boring, monotonous task that you need to do for days upon days in order to catch up with the rest of the community. Rather than making it a somehow worse version of FFII's stat leveling system (where do thing more = higher level), I really wish our dev team would come up with something a bit more engaging.

长卂丅卂尺卂 尸卄丫㔿

Level 120
csns
csns
Notable
What they all mean is -1.

I do see your point, but I think most of people don't really spend THAT much time grinding for it to an actual feature. Tho it might "workout" - HAHAHAHAHHAHAH- y-you get? W-w-workout? U-how ill g-g-go :cri: - it's not really worth it considering it's supposed to be overtime and not poof like that

Lazeas

Level 47
the only people who would use this gym would be players who haven't maxed out their stats already, which consists primarily of newer players; most people already have trouble keeping enough money when they start out on the server,
This is the only part of your post where I disagree. Ever since that attribute update, there's a ton of players that aren't really considered new anymore yet are still unsurprisingly not maxed out in swim and speed stats. I actually think it might be easier to gain yen than gain speed now

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
"time and effort" fuck time and effort, what effort is there in running the track field for 100+ hours just to still end up not even maxed on the speed stat
1. I'd appreciate if your responses were a little more respectful
2. It gives others an advantage over those who wouldn't be able to afford a gym membership. It'd only change those 100 hours down to 75 by your statistics - although I agree it should be easier to gain attributes, this doesn't seem like a step in the right direction

markoos

Level 28
2. It gives others an advantage over those who wouldn't be able to afford a gym membership. It'd only change those 100 hours down to 75 by your statistics - although I agree it should be easier to gain attributes, this doesn't seem like a step in the right direction
25 hours is a ton of time, my guy. Thats over a full day

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
25 hours is a ton of time, my guy. Thats over a full day
The point is that it's still an absurd amount of time, despite the bonus this gym would give - The amount of time to gain these attributes should be decreased entirely instead of us having to think of suggestions like this

imgayforwomen

Level 110
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
bro why did they even change the speed to impossible mode
im so glad i never got another alt cause i would not even attempt to grind that

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- We'll keep this area public without having a membership, in future we'll be adding an attribute boost for Speed and Swimming in the Gym region​

Users who are viewing this thread