mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Gyms to grind attributes

NotAnto_

Level 5
Jesus0fSuburbia_
Jesus0fSuburbia_
Fundraiser+
What's your Minecraft Username?: NotAnto_
What's the title of your suggestion?: Gyms to grind attributes

What's your suggestion?:
Instead of the gym granting a temporary attribute boost to your character, make it so using gym equipment grants you 1% of said attribute, with a cooldown of course : make it so you can use 1-2 times every 4 hours.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
Would increase realism by incentivizing the players' characters to go to the gym to boost their attributes, and it would make grinding attributes less painful for the players themselves.
 
-1
This would be a bad thing imo opinion. The reason why is mainly due to the Gym equipment already giving you attribute boosts. Those help a lot, especially with running and acrobatics.
 
Hm- I don't know what to think about this one. I'm somewhat neutral because I do see the reasoning; say, for example, that your character has ran on the treadmill. Now, your character has an attribute boost for whenever you runs, which sounds redundant since you already technically ran... in the treadmill...

I'd be +1 this because it seems logical and prudent. +1% increase for 2/4 hours seem reasonable (though I don't know the actual conversion) and it would give more reasons for players to utilize the gym, which also causes an extra positive reason why this could be a good idea.

However, giving a change like this means modifying the script in a way that could break the game, specifically if we have to keep consistency and logic inside of this new mechanic. For example, getting +1% for Swimming by punching a bag or doing yoga (Idk which one the Swim attribute was) doesn't sound logical, and thus it would be somewhat inconsistent. If you just add it just to the treadmill, then there would need to be an extra code that would be somewhat unnecessary, and same goes if you want to change the equipment to make Swimming logical.

Imo, I think this is an interesting proposal, but I feel like there is an unnecessary risk in the programming section. I hope that this could be considered in the future IF the devs want to progress the attribute boosters.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top