HATOLA'S fourth & fifth suggestions

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
IGN: HATOLA
DATE: 31/5/22
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: I want to make the pencil be wearable, and to make a list for shopkeepers to see their old adverts in case they forgets by mistake to put the advert with the time at the same time
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: As my third suggestion, it won't be hard to make the pencil will be wearable and I'll add under here how it looks like while it's on your head; and for the second suggestion, most of the shopkeepers sometimes missing it and it's slightly hard to cover the advert if the ./time no in it; to fix this problem, I believe a list with ur old adverts and their times will be a good idea! it's already a thing for teachers (its possible to see it under ./class stats or something like that) so I don't think it will be hard to make it be possible for shopkeepers instead of losing adverts for nothing. (My third suggestion- click here)
1654029339092.png

EDIT:
Other ideas in case it wont be good; in general, its possible to checj if words in aome text. Even if another someone is opening and theres for example 'sayonara gift shop' / 'la casa' it will automatic belong it to x shop; Or do the /time be writen down after it without any command after that.

Last edited:

Gunna!

Level 100
Veganlaser
Veganlaser
Omega
-1 The pencil suggestion isn't needed and - shopkeepers can easily keep note of their adverts in a discord or on notepad

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
+1 I like your pencil idea!

-1 for the shopkeeper, here's why: simply add a section in your discord which you post your prior adverts, Yeobo does this and Lightning Electronics checks with employees before posting there is no need for putting a whole new system in—if you're referring to the time between posting adverts, I agree. This should be a thing already if its not.

Cyborgo

Level 1
1+ Might also extend to Biro Pens and further writing utensils.

Indifferent about businesses as I don't quite know how the system works.

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
The idea about shopkeepers is interesting, although with some problems. Teachers have their own plugin/log system since they host their own classes and no one else can start their classes but themselves. Shopkeepers' adverts on another side can be made by admins or other shopkeepers when someone else is hosting an opening (managers, partners...) being not possible to keep track of it (At least, I can't imagine anyways to make it link to someone else's account); If either someone can think about a way to do that or if /advert did automatically with the /time command and showed up right below would be excellent.

Lizalopod

Level 130
+1 for pencil

-1 for rhe advert logging... just immediately take a screenshot and post it or save it >-> there's no need

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
for the shopkeeper, here's why: simply add a section in your discord which you post your prior adverts, Yeobo does this and Lightning Electronics checks with employees before posting there is no need for putting a whole new system in—if you're referring to the time between posting
I never spoke about a new system and I see u dont undeestand it simply bc of that youre not a shopkeeper which ia totally fine. theres a spam in the chat and u dont do /time in the right time? u lost an advert, u not in focus and doing the /time in a a bit late? u lost an advert. I thought a way to fix this thing bc anyway u can to get only 2 adverts per ooc day.

just immediately take a screenshot and post it or save it
didnt speak about the ss itself, spoke about the /time.

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I feel as if shopkeepers should be responsible for logging their own adverts however they’d like to. Some shopkeepers like to do things differently than others, and everyone has their own way of running their shop.

Ruin

Level 104
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
most of the shopkeepers sometimes missing it and it's slightly hard to cover the advert if the ./time no in it; to fix this problem, I believe a list with ur old adverts and their times will be a good idea! it's already a thing for teachers (its possible to see it under ./class stats or something like that) so I don't think it will be hard to make it be possible for shopkeepers instead of losing adverts for nothing

I always keep fight club adverts in a discord DM or a server to be able to copy paste.

I feel like as a shopkeeper they should already know this tbh

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I personally don't see any issue with the shopkeeper idea. It's not much different from the teacher class logs becoming automated (if I'm understanding the suggestion correctly, that is); it's a quality of life change that isn't necessary, but makes everybody's lives easier without any inherent drawbacks.

Adding a way to see your previous advertisements is again, redundant, though a QoL improvement which realistically shouldn't be all that difficult to implement; if it's too difficult to do in-game, then it could just be listed in the Town Discord (where I assume shopkeepers currently log their openings.)

Shopkeepers' adverts on another side can be made by admins or other shopkeepers when someone else is hosting an opening (managers, partners...) being not possible to keep track of it (At least, I can't imagine anyways to make it link to someone else's account)
Instead of having the log linked to the player, it could be tied to the shop itself. The advert command could require you to specify your store at the beginning (similarly to how "/class start" requires you to specify your room number). Just as the class commands do, it would record who opened the shop and the time they ran their advertisement.

Example:
/advert <Store Name> <Message>
(If stores decide to use similar arguments to the class commands, maybe there could be "/shop <open / advert / close" etc? Potentially a way to more easily manage permissions to chests and doors through the use of commands instead of signs?)

To prevent shops from being able to log multiple times per opening (as oftentimes advertisements are made numerous times during singular openings,) a cooldown on logs could be set, meaning it wouldn't record another advert until a few hours after the first one.

zegevlier

Level 25
Community Team
Developer
First, having two completely different suggestions in one post is a bit confusing.
About the store one, I think it would be easiest to have the command also execute /time automatically. Or get rid of the requirement to also put in the /time, I've never understood why it was there in the first place.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Thank you for your feedback.

- You can now place Pencils on your head.​
- A similar logging system for Shopkeepers will be created later this month.​