players online

Having a Phone Number for Character instead of the Account

Miamorchito

Level 18
Miamorchito
Miamorchito
Omega+
What's your Minecraft Username?: Miamorchito
What's the title of your suggestion?: Having a Phone Number for Character instead of the Account

What's your suggestion?:
Before anything. I want to say that I don't know if this suggestion was made before, I tried to check and I couldn't find anything regarding this.

Now, for people with multiple characters. Having a singular number that is related with your account can be problematic both for the person that calls/text you, and yourself because there are scenarios where you meet a person with one char and you call it with another one.

Having a phone number per character will do two things. Firstly, let the RP flow accordingly, since having all the contact of people one character know is gonna be inconvenient, also helps the person know which character is online is gonna help them more.
Secondly, it will get rid of the confusion the people have when calling or texting the character. Avoiding instances where some information that one character knows will also get be in the other char's knowledge if keeping the same number, making:
A) Metagaming, since realistically the number, text, and calls should be only be between one character to another, not the multiples ones.
B) Useless to have a second character with a phone, since it will force them to share contacts, messages, and IC information that the other account knows. Limiting the quality of RP that the secondary characters could have.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
1. Better organization with numbers and contacts
2. Avoiding situations where people call certain character and another one answers
3. Avoiding Metagaming by having the info in the same phone
4. Improve the Roleplay quality for the other characters

philbertman42

Level 137
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
They already plan to implement SIM cards, which will essentially do exactly what you're asking. It's in the backlog, so it'll probably be a while.

Miamorchito

Level 18
Miamorchito
Miamorchito
Omega+
They already plan to implement SIM cards, which will essentially do exactly what you're asking. It's in the backlog, so it'll probably be a while.
Interesting. Well that does answer the issues, although considering it will take a long time I would opt by doing this as a temporary measure then before changing to the final project. If that's the case it can also help to detect problems before even implementing the SIM card.

philbertman42

Level 137
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Interesting. Well that does answer the issues, although considering it will take a long time I would opt by doing this as a temporary measure then before changing to the final project. If that's the case it can also help to detect problems before even implementing the SIM card.
The issue isn't that it would take a long time to implement, there are just higher priority things that they care about more than this.

kustomzero

Level 129
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
Just like philbertman said they already have a plan to implement SIM cards to do this in the future

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- We may do this in future as we gradually move some data over to the character profiles, however its not likely. We are planning to add SIM cards, so this will solve said issue if you want to change phone numbers.​

Users who are viewing this thread