HiMyNamesAaron

Level 14
HiMyNamesAaron
HiMyNamesAaron
Omega+
wewa.png

IGN:

HiMyNamesAaron

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): (Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team)

hellomynamesaaron

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?

Yes

Your time zone and current country of residence:

GMT - UK

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
-
Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?

Yes

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.

- School (From 9:00 - 4:30)

What makes you passionate about writing?:

Writing is about expressing your imagination and putting it into words, I like writing because it allows me to do just that! The passion to write, is the passion to show your imagination, and when my imagination runs wild, I can put it into words and show people what kind of bizarre adventure came to mind.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:

I have a lot of experience with creative writing, this is because I do it a lot in school. Most of my lessons are English lessons and I have to do a bunch of creative writing in them which allows me to improve on my writing skills each lesson I have!

In your own words, give your definition of lore:

Personally, I believe that lore is about giving meaning to something, anything, such as a battery or a piece of paper. It's about creating a backstory for whatever you can think of, which, in turn, leads to that specific thing gaining meaning and depth.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES

1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.
  2. There is a 300-1000 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.
  3. The effort and quality of both prompts will be taken into consideration when we accept applications.
Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

edited.png

The sewers! (465 words - Including the part in the box at the top, excluding the title):

This character conflict is about two baseball friends running into some unexpected trouble and how they overcame it:

We are introduced to two College baseball team members, Yo-Han S. Holland and Aaron G. Smith, these two baseball enthusiasts are good friends who have managed to get themselves into quite a predicament:

A tunnel; A sewer; A man, Yo-Han and Aaron have managed to find themselves lost in the sewers of Karakura. All they could see was darkness and a faint silhouette of graffiti, the sewer was so grimy, so gothic, so utterly terrifying that it made them vomit in fear. They were both brave enough to search for a way out, but they were both wary of their surroundings like a couple of cautious meerkats, always on guard.

Squelchy shoes and nose-disturbing stenches made the sewers all the more uncomfortable for them. Their inability to find their way out left them annoyed and humiliated at their own stupidity. Luckily, all seemed to be going well for the two men (other than the fact that they were lost in the sewers), until they encountered a dark outline in the distance, shaped like a man. In unfortunate circumstances, the human-like outline seemed to be staring right at them; holding something; something sharp, like a knife perhaps? Yo-Han and Aaron both looked at each other, gulping, gulping so loudly that it echoed throughout the sewers.

The silhouette suddenly began to approach them, its footsteps getting louder and louder and louder each step it took. Adrenaline, fear, danger: the two men began to turn the other way. Sprinting rapidly, they attempted to get away from the now obvious stranger in the distance.

They managed to sprint their way towards an exit that they just happened to find from running so much. After running for a while, Aaron turned around and realized that the man was literally right behind them; ready to stab them with his sharp, shiny knife…

Thud! Suddenly, Aaron tackled the man to the ground after shoving Yo-Han out of the way.

"Go! Get the police," He said, trying his best to hold the man in place.

Yo-Han responded with a simple nod before climbing the ladder and jolting towards the police station.

Eventually, as time passed, the police arrived; Aaron was still holding the man in place; almost out of breath.

"There!" Yo-Han pointed,

"There he is!" The police ran up to him, moving Aaron out of the way, apprehending the mysterious man…

Out of breath, Aaron just rolled over, giving Yo-Han a wide grin and a thumbs up before slowly standing up; all beaten, bloody, and bruised: Yo-Han quickly put Aaron's arm around his shoulder and walked away from the scene; as luck would have it, they both managed to live to see another day...

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

edited 2.png

The man on the beach: (327 words - Including the part in the box at the top, excluding the title):

This story is about a man who managed to set himself on fire by a campfire on the beach and how he managed to survive this life-threatening experience:

A beach; A campfire; A log. Where once the beach was flooded with people, now there was nothing. The beach was so deserted, so quiet, so utterly peaceful that it was barely recognizable. The man (who was lying by the campfire on the beach), was sound asleep, like a log that is very still and undisturbed. Sand, smeared across his face. Sand, wedged in every pore. Sand, staining the skin a filthy yellow. It was surprising how the man was even asleep, he looked so uncomfortable yet so peaceful.

Uncontrollably, the man rolled over, collapsing into the campfire in front of him. Burning painfully, the man shot up from his sleep, screaming in pain as he dashed towards the sea, trying to put himself out. Sand, fire, pain: the man's face was smeared with the evidence of his desperation.

Splash! The man dived into the sea like there was no tomorrow, desperately trying to extinguish the fire that was slowly burning him. No one was around so no one was able to help him. Luckily, he managed to help himself. Reluctantly, the man swam towards the shore, embarrassed at what he had just done, even if no one was there to see it.

Although he was embarrassed, he was also relieved. His face showed all signs of emotion, relief was the most evident. Sighing calmly, the man looked up to the stars, happy that he managed to survive that life-threatening experience. As he looked up at the stars, he began to sit down on the sand - far away from the campfire that he had sat by before - and stared into space, unable to process what just happened to him. Where once he was burning, now he was weeping. Fortunately for him, his life-threatening moment had come to an end...

Attachments

• 1708788616840.png
    1708788616840.png
    854.8 KB · Views: 6
  • edited.png
    edited.png
    1,014.3 KB · Views: 45
  • edited 2.png
    edited 2.png
    542.7 KB · Views: 3
  • edited 2.png
    edited 2.png