Not open for further replies.

Boroski

Level 17
IGN: SaintChaoz

Previous bans: No bans, only 3 kicks.

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?:
Yes, I understand.

Describe your activity on the server:
I spend at least 6 hours on the server nearly every day, either roleplaying, idling or spending time with friends

Do you have TeamSpeak3?:
Yes, I do! My name is Boris!.

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes, but it's that one dull built-in laptop. I am looking to get an actual mic in the future.

List your current and past applications:
So far I have only applied for a russian language application (accepted) and a balalaika app that got denied since according to Adym it is (indeed) a custom script

What is your motivation for applying:
My motivation for applying is to have more active classes and to become more familiarised with roleplaying from another point of view, a teacher being a grand example

Have you read the megathread for Teachers?:
Yes, I have taken time to read it, and I hope that I comprehended it fully
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/teacher-code-of-conduct.1038/ ?: Yes, I have.
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/faculty-handbook.1981/ ?: Yes, that too.

You want to start a school field trip, what would you do?:
I would send a letter to the Principal for their confirmation, at least a few days before the planned trip.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class:
1. All students must stay silent and not disrupt the teacher. They may only speak when they are called.
2. All students must stay in their own seat or on the floor if there's a minor class overfill during the lesson unless told otherwise.
3. Any incomplete classwork will be counted as a homework due the next day
4. Any student disrupting the class must be warned to cease their conflicting actions, otherwise the appropiate consequences will occur.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):
My previous experience would cover the life of a student from Grade 7 to Grade 12. I have managed to build up a more proper roleplaying as I progressed through. I have been in classes a lot and I learned that teachers are firm, trying to reach positive relations with the other students. They are responsible for their education and after quite some time I have thought of seeing a brand new experience through the eyes of a teacher. The student roleplay gave me a rather good tutorial to get familiarised and now I believe it is time for me to see the real deal.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:

Trainee (Trainee)
Newly Qualified Teacher (
NQT)
Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (
QTLS)
Head of Department (
HD)

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers?:
Yes, I have read and understood it.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that?:
I wouldn't see any change in the Teacher Group, but one thing I would find interesting to see is a teacher doing two periods in a day. If any teacher believes they can handle another period, then they should go ahead.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general:
In-game and out-of-game, teachers are doing their best to educate their students to such an extent they are ready for the adult life. The teachers offer students effective classwork to comprehend it well, before handing in homework to assure that. Then they grade the students according to their performance, and encourage the students to improve themselves in the future. According to a 2001-2002 survey, a teacher can obtain between 156,500 and 455,900 yen a month, a head teacher between 278,500 and 488,400 yen a month and a principal can have between 413,300 and 516,200 yen a month.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server:
Teachers are important to a SchoolRP server because there's a big bond between teachers and students.
A teacher cannot do their job without students, while students cannot learn new things without a teacher.
A teacher is the role model of every student and must maintain that accordingly and properly.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:
Trainee - A trainee is a fledgling teacher, ready to know what they need for a good career.
Newly Qualified Teacher - They are mostly shy and cautious about teaching, and they have minor mistakes. They manage to learn from their mistakes however as they have more classes with their students.
Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills - A developed teacher who is now familiarised with everything and can further improve their students.
Head of Department - The alphas of their pack. They make sure their co-workers follow the Code of Conduct and apply the consequences that would follow in the event of a rulebreak.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
Must have! Should have! Could have! The grand system above all else.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs.
How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students?
What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?:

My character has white skin, black hair and blue eyes.
His favourite color is red and particulary loves dark shades.
He takes his career pretty seriously so he wears a formal outfit.
He is firm towards his students, but hopes the best for them and he also hopes that they understand that.
He might seem like a big bad bear at first but if one knows him well, then he is very friendly.
He also feels like he is never understood due to his origin and personality.
He dreams of a lovely family, but currently has never found the true love. Maybe one day he will be lucky.
He tends to combine seriousness with fun, trying to be closer with the students.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
I would firmly tell them to cease their actions and notify them that further delinquency will lead to consequences.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
I would stay silent while having an obvious look that would hint the students to stay silent, then I would yell out "Silence!", followed by a firm speech of the consequences.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?:
He is open to talking with other teachers, but usually he is not the conversation starter.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:
/me would write 'Anschluss' on the blackboard to reference the event of Nazi Germany annexing Austria. He then begins to spell it for the student. "Ansch-luss"
/me writes down the student's name and surname in his notebook
/me notices the student playing on his phone and with a few angry russian exclamations, he heads to the student furiously
/me sighs as the student just kept on misspelling 'Gorbachev', before correcting him again in a tone that showed annoyance. "Gor-ba-chev"
/me smiles as the teacher congratulates him of yet another successful class
/me points to the student in the back, beckoning her towards the podium.
/me nods, approving of the student's work. He marks it with an "A", smiling.

BACKSTORY

Pavel was born in Moscow, the strong heart of Russia. He was a child like any other at first, with a bit of knowledge about the Soviet Union since his parents lived during the dying regime. As Pavel aged however, his maturity grew to the point he'd barely chuckle at cheesy, cliched jokes. He stood silent and obedient in every class, contrary to his other classmates that behaved their own way, he turned out to be educated well and generally he was appreciated by many teachers and students that were close to him. He'd mix free time with study time really well, he had enough time to study but he was also laid-back enough to spend time with his friends. After he finished high school he passed the university to be able to become a teacher in the future. However, he despised the payment in his country so he opened a kiosk to gather enough rubles to move to a greater place. When he closed his kiosk after 5 years, he decided to move into Japan, having noticed the better life conditions. He bought an apartment to live in, and then he began to look for a nearby high school. He has found Taketatsu School, and now he is satisfied with his job. Good payment, good workplace, good co-workers, what else could he want? Exactly, a good, long-living career. Something to live off happily until his retirement. Since his accepted request into the ranks of Taketatsu teachers, he is now preparing classwork that involves history. From the ancient times, to the medieval themes, further to the two World Wars and beyond, The Cold War and the present day. He's also hoping to know his colleagues well, and eliminate the thing that's making him worried: The fact that he's a russian and everyone would judge him for that.

IN CHARACTER
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Pavel Nikolaevich Kovalenko
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr.
Given Name(s): Pavel
Preferred Name: Mr. Kovalenko / Mr. Kova / Pavel

Religious Denomination: Christian-Orthodox
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Russian
Current Location: Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 0
Working Experience (# of years): 5

Academic Degree: Master's Degree

Year of Graduation: 2010
Major(s): History & Math
Minors: Physics

Native Languages: Russian
Other Languages: English

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No
Preferred Teaching Subject: History

Additional notes about your application (if any):
I only hope that I made it as decent as possible, and if I did any mistakes, I would look forward to fix them in the future. I've done a draft in Notepad to make it as decent as possible, so the alignment might be a little off.

Edit shortly after : I have noticed that I didn't post it in the Teacher Application thread, and I acknowledge that I should've been more careful, but I hope this is okay.

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega
Accepted
You have met the requirements to be a teacher
Notes:
Some answers [Mostly in the
"Describe the ranking system of teachers" were not answered formally.]

Status
Not open for further replies.