mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

HONORARY STAFF TITLE (JUST FOR YONIOTHENACHO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tayfun

Level 70
tays2fly
tays2fly
Rich
While I agree for some of the things you said, a role like legacy staff wouldn’t do any harm. It wouldn’t be rubbing it in anyone’s face either.
"no" isn't really an argument, but you do you!

rios

Level 33
rioss
rioss
Rich+
"no" isn't really an argument, but you do you!
Because I don’t want to argue! I’m not interested in an argument, I personally think a legacy staff role is nice and you don’t, thats fine but I really don’t care or want to argue with you about it.

ErikFinster

Level 119
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
yeeeeee~ here are my Legacy Staff role pros and cons:

Pros:

It might serve as recognition for contributions to the SRP community. It's a positive gesture.
And it is a small token of
appreciation / it validates the hard work and dedication that may go unnoticed over time.
It might help to
maintain a lasting connection between SRP and former staff members, by elevating them.
It's an expression of appreciation and thus
might help to create/preserve a sense of continuity/shared history.

Cons:

It might add up to a cluttered/complex role hierarchy with no clear function beyond status.
It might be redundant and thus unnecessary if the persons' contribution was
great enough.
It might create
undesired attention and questions / Former staff might exactly wanted to step down to avoid being bothered or being elevated above others.
It also might create a kind of elitism or a sense of division between former staff and regular members.

It's a nice gesture. In the end, I feel that this is about individual choice. . . . and about the balance between functionality and symbolism. Server roles serve a purpose because they communicate their respective function (lore, media, community, etc.). Adding a legacy role would create an additional function, with all the desired and undesired consequences. If it's implemented, it should be (1) communicated clearly what the role means and inform about its symbolic nature (transparency), and (2) awarded automatically with the option to back out of receiving the legacy role to prevent unwanted attention (optional participation).

Last edited:

SIMPL3Z

Level 101
Community Team
Lore Team
yeeeeee~ here are my Legacy Staff role pros and cons:

Pros:

It might serve as recognition for contributions to the SRP community. It's a positive gesture.
And it is a small token of
appreciation / it validates the hard work and dedication that may go unnoticed over time.
It might help to
maintain a lasting connection between SRP and former staff members, by elevating them.
It's an expression of appreciation and thus
might help to create/preserve a sense of continuity/shared history.

Cons:

It might add up to a cluttered/complex role hierarchy with no clear function beyond status.
It might be redundant and thus unnecessary if the persons' contribution was
great enough.
It might create
undesired attention and questions / Former staff might exactly wanted to step down to avoid being bothered or being elevated above others.
It also might create a kind of elitism or a sense of division between former staff and regular members.

It's a nice gesture. In the end, I feel that this is about individual choice. . . . and about the balance between functionality and symbolism. Server roles serve a purpose because they communicate their respective function (lore, media, community, etc.). Adding a legacy role would create an additional function, with all the desired and undesired consequences. If it's implemented, it should be (1) communicated clearly what the role means and inform about its symbolic nature (transparency), and (2) awarded automatically with the option to back out of receiving the legacy role to prevent unwanted attention (optional participation).
summed it up perfectly

Classicalist

Level 87
Like people have said, I think having a legacy staff department in the 2 main discord servers is a good idea. We have it in the emergency servers so why not have a staff one in the two main ones?

tayfun

Level 70
tays2fly
tays2fly
Rich
Because I don’t want to argue! I’m not interested in an argument, I personally think a legacy staff role is nice and you don’t, thats fine but I really don’t care or want to argue with you about it.
I personally cannot make sense of your unwillingness to defend your suggestion when it falls under scrutiny, but if that's what you want

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
if yonios achievements are that memorable, people will know about them without a legacy staff tag. what’s more is that it will still set former staff members apart from normal players despite not being staff anymore, which i can guarantee will give birth to a “holier than thou” mindset in some cases.
and even if people don’t know about yonio’s or other former staff members’ accomplishments, that’s okay! you don’t gotta be in people’s faces about it. if they’re worth remembering, they will be remembered. things change, and that’s okay. embrace it!
spitting FACTS

rios

Level 33
rioss
rioss
Rich+
I personally cannot make sense of your unwillingness to defend your suggestion when it falls under scrutiny, but if that's what you want
Because im simply not interested, it seems like you’re trying to get a reaction out of me. If you don’t like the suggestion, you can make that clear without trying to repeat your point and argue with others who disagree. I already said you’re free to have your own opinion, I’m not interested in arguing with you over it. My suggestion doesn’t fall under scrutiny when many others have agreed. Try your best to remain respectful or just don’t comment here at all.

Aania

Level 169
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
Let's leave the silly little post as is. It's just a suggestion.

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
Because im simply not interested, it seems like you’re trying to get a reaction out of me. If you don’t like the suggestion, you can make that clear without trying to repeat your point and argue with others who disagree. I already said you’re free to have your own opinion, I’m not interested in arguing with you over it. My suggestion doesn’t fall under scrutiny when many others have agreed. Try your best to remain respectful or just don’t comment here at all.
No ones arguing, its called a debate and its bound to come with suggestions. Seeing as its a habit for you to constantly start suggestions without actually debating a point or involving yourself in discussions and just repeating yourself then hiding behind the "remain respectfull response" when someone asks you to expand on a point i wouldnt be suprised if you took it that way

rios

Level 33
rioss
rioss
Rich+
No ones arguing, its called a debate and its bound to come with suggestions. Seeing as its a habit for you to constantly start suggestions without actually debating a point or involving yourself in discussions and just repeating yourself then hiding behind the "remain respectfull response" when someone asks you to expand on a point i wouldnt be suprised if you took it that way
Not sure if you noticed aania stating to leave things as is. I already said before, I’m not interested in arguing or debating with anyone, I said everyone was free to their own opinion but I would not engage into a debate or argument because I’m not interested, respect that and stop trying to force me into a debate.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- This unfortunately isn't something we do. Nevertheless Yonio's impact and legacy whilst on the team hasn't gone unnoticed and a role wouldn't change that, as with any member or previous member of the staff team.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread