mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

HOSPITAL APPLICATION

hebwig

Level 111

REGULAR KARAKURA HOSPITAL APPLICATION

This application includes many spoilers on original characters belonging to the SchoolRP universe.

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):
fagh

Previous bans:
I have a previous ban, dated to 2016, which lasted for three hours. The reason was because I engaged in FailRP, acting as if I had an item I did not have. Many of the warnings throughout my entire history have also consisted of saying inappropriate phrases in OOC (out-of-character) chat. There have also been warnings for staff disrespect (a joke against Im6, which he knows is a joke), a warning for minge (taking a bat in and out of my hotbar), and a kick for engaging in insensitive topics (a player had initiated a conversation about self harm). In more recent time, I have been warned for player disrespect after insensitively making a comment toward players spamming OOC alongside a twenty minute temporary ban for advertising my social media account.

I have acknowledged that these recent punishments of mine may be of trouble when considering my application. Please, do understand that I have reflected over my actions and the staff members involved have acknowledged that as well. The behavior of mine is not and should not be tolerated -- and it is something which will remain a thing of the past.

Describe your activity on the server?:
My activity throughout Roleplay Hub as a whole varies on my OOC (out-of-character) situation but is generally consistent on all platforms. I have been playing the server since July 16th, 2016, and became a staff member on April 20th, 2019. As of December 2020, I have become a staff member and now actively perform my duties as a moderator.

I usually play the server whenever there is a free moment in my day. Although it is dependent on OOC factors, it is easy to say that there are 2-9 hours spent on the server daily. This time is spent roleplaying with others, talking with friends via Discord, or working on characters and their lore.

Throughout my entire day (from 6AM-7PM CST), my activity on Discord is prevalent. When on desktop, I usually reply to direct messages within a few minutes of the time they are sent — however, responding to messages on my mobile cell phone can brew trouble. My notifications for Discord are not enabled on my phone (meaning that I receive notifications on Discord but not on the phone itself) and it may result in a longer waiting time. This waiting time, though, is not something to be worried about, as I use Discord more than frequently.

This paragraph will be dedicated to my activity on the forums — and behavior which I should assume as a staff member using the forum. I have been a member of the forums since January 18th, 2017, and have actively used it as both a regular player and a staff member of the server.

I summarize this section (regarding my activity) by bluntly saying that I have been around! My experience with the server should not be something unappreciated in reviewing this application. There is much that I understand as a player, as a staff member, and as a roleplayer wholly.

Which timezone are you in?:
Central Standard/Daylight Time Zone (US, GMT -6).

Do you have Discord? If so what is it?:
Yes, heb#5009.

Do you have a microphone [obligatory]?:
Yes.

List your current and past applications:
[CUSTOM SCRIPT BASEBALL BAT APPLICATION] - ACCEPTED
[CUSTOM SCRIPT KATANA APPLICATION] - ACCEPTED
[ENVIRONMENTAL CLUB APPLICATION] - ACCEPTED
[ITALIAN LANGUAGE APPLICATION] - ACCEPTED
[NEPALI LANGUAGE APPLICATION] - ACCEPTED
[SCHOOL COUNCIL APPLICATION] - ACCEPTED
[SHOP 5 APPLICATION “CAFE TRIBIANNI”] - ACCEPTED
[POLICE APPLICATION 1] - DENIED (DENIED FOR CONTROVERSIAL HISTORY, LATER CLEARED UP)
[POLICE APPLICATION 2] - ACCEPTED
[JANITOR APPLICATION] - ACCEPTED
[STAFF APPLICATION] - ACCEPTED
[CHINESE LANGUAGE APPLICATION] - ACCEPTED
[ITALIAN LANGUAGE APPLICATION] - ACCEPTED
[KOREAN LANGUAGE APPLICATION] - ACCEPTED
[JAPANESE SIGN LANGUAGE APPLICATION] - ACCEPTED
[BLACK MARKET DEALER APPLICATION] - DENIED (DENIED FOR HAVING TOO MANY ROLES AT THE TIME)
[COLLEGE APPLICATION] - ACCEPTED
[HOSPITAL APPLICATION] - ACCEPTED
[SOMALI LANGUAGE APPLICATION] - ACCEPTED
[BLACK MARKET DEALER APPLICATION] - ACCEPTED
[STAFF APPLICATION] - ACCEPTED

What experiences do you have with Detail RP?:
Roleplaying in a detailed fashion is something which I encourage greatly, dating to a time before “SeriousRP” became a term and enforced throughout the community. Due to the concerns of those who did roleplay in a joking manner, I, as a staff member in January of 2020, took action through an announcement/thread which has since been deleted (as roleplaying seriously has since been normalized).

It is also worth mentioning my guide of roleplaying characters within the proper setting of the server, Japan, where I give examples of a character’s basic interactions. That guide can be found here; however, I am sure the reviewers of this application are aware of my ability to roleplay detailedly.

As a former member of the EMS team (Clinical Lead for Doctors), reacting quickly and accurately to the various emergencies that come upon the hospital’s doors is definitely a talent of mine which had earned me the position.

What is your motivation to apply for EMS and how will you benefit our medical team?:
Similar to my previous application, my character is definitely the majority within reasoning of applying for this role. She, Ayame Yamabuki, is an impish and loud doctor currently employed at a hospital on mainland, outside of Karakura. She specializes in oncology, treatment of cancers and blood disorders, but is moved to Karakura due to their shortage of employees and those to mend with said life-threatening illnesses.

Her daughter, also currently residing in Karakura, had acute lymphoblastic leukemia and was treated by another doctor on continental Japan. His efforts encouraged her to move out of cardiology nursing (usually dealing in heart transplants), and to oncology, where she could have a better understanding of her daughter’s illness. Being that her life was almost taken while giving birth to her, that sort of drastic switch in profession was greatly important to her. For a somewhat careless and impulsive Ayame, though, life was set from that moment.

I love roleplaying as Ayame! She’s both a laid-back doctor and mother, unafraid of making jokes in the darkest of situations in order to bring smiles onto other’s faces to relax them. Her “golden days” (if I could put it that way) were when she was EMS, prior to being sent back to her old hospital. My understanding of medical treatment and joy of playing my character is most motivating for this role.

As those reading this application likely know, I was fired for misbehavior with my role. Less than twenty-four hours after receiving clinical lead for the doctors, I was removed indefinitely for my character’s misplaced enthusiasm. Sometimes, hosting a birthday party in a recovery room isn’t ideal.

Howbeit, I have learned from mistakes made in the past. While my friends and I make several jokes of the occasion as of today, there is no denying that these sorts of actions, such as yelling over the radio jokingly and fooling around will be tolerated (and, of course, my character has learned too. She seems to be an airhead, but can at least understand that).

Aside from my character, another reason behind applying (and to be a part of the emergency faction once more) lies in my enjoyment and understanding of medical roleplay. I am able to detail my actions in a sensical manner that hardly needed any training for. As someone in remission of an out-of-character affliction, aplastic anemia, my comprehension of doctoring is phenomenal as compared to other applicants.

Proved by my little attendance to training but completely acing of the training test, I outstand the current applicants by a longshot. While rather lacking in humbleness, current members of the EMS team are even understanding of my experience and the virtues I bring to the team.

Which medical role are you applying for? (e.g: Surgeon, Doctor, Nurse, Psychiatrist):
Doctor.

Specify your knowledge for the role you’re applying for:
Ayame in specific has been heavily trained over the past two decades in nursing and oncology. Her knowledge on cardiovascular diseases and cancers alike are most important to her role at the Karakura Hospital, something which she possesses in greater amounts as compared to younger applicants.

While specific categories in the emergency faction are absent, meaning she cannot specialize in oncology specifically, her keen and quick responses to emergencies are impressive; whether it be that she treats someone with a simple fever or an entirely lost limb, Ayame is ready.

Professionality, also somewhat lacking in her department, is also a must in her role as a doctor. Being frank with patients while also following the rules are necessary, but Ayame tends to bend them sometimes. Joking with those with life-threatening diseases in order to ease their anxiety definitely isn’t the most conventional way to respond, but it somehow works with this quirky doctor.

Etiquette over the radio is something both I know of out-of-character and Ayame herself knows in-character. Although she likes to yell over it sometimes, it tends to be accidental and out of good taste. . .

Being that I was once a generally successful EMS of the past, my knowledge in the role and its requirements are vast and should not be overlooked once reviewing my application. Training is hardly indispensable being my experience as a patient of aplastic anemia in real life and already having gone over the training of the past. I am most absolutely a great asset to the current emergency medical service team as of now.

Categorise all the functions of the EMS and tell us what each of them does:
HEAD PHYSICIAN - The head physician belonging to the emergency faction is primarily in charge of all things related to the hospital, including its physical layout, custom items, events, and organizing its current employees. They have the most authority over all EMS and are the lead to all clinical leads.

CLINICAL LEAD - Three positions of the hospital end of the emergency faction belong to the clinical leads, the individuals who control and run the individual “sectors” of the current hospital. These “sectors” can be limited to doctors, surgeons, and psychiatrists. They actively control their designated parts of the clinic itself, including promotions and demotions.

DOCTOR - This role, generally in real life, can be separated into specializations, one being cardiologists and another being endocrinologists. In Karakura, however, they are generalized and their main goal is diagnosis and treatment of patients. The title of their role is as obvious as it gets, in all fairness.

SURGEON - This role deals with all kinds of surgery, including prosthetics and implants. Commonly, in Karakura, the loss of limbs are frequent and they can only be treated by surgeons at the hospital. This is most definitely their primary function; though, they can also deal with transplants, removals within the human anatomy, and treatment through a patient past its skin, an example being open-heart surgery.

PSYCHIATRIST - This role specializes in the mind and mental disorders/afflictions/illness. Treating patients through merely “talking it out” in a private room or prescribing them medication to influence their neurology are their primary functions.

TRAINEE - When first introduced to the EMS half of the emergency faction, you are asked to go through a training process that requires you do not leave the hospital (unless patrolling with another, fully-trained EMS). These are trainees, who are to take a test in only a few weeks after being given their role to pass and become the fullest of their applied role. This is done in order to assure that the people treating others in the hospital are most definitely “trained,” even if it is just forcing some medical knowledge unto a person out-of-character.

Are you aware of the basic medical emergency colour codes? If so, with their meanings, specify all those you’re aware of:
BLACK - Bomb threat.
GREEN - Emergency proceedings (fire, tornado, etc).
ORANGE - Hazardous spill/infection.
PINK - Missing child.
SILVER - Active shooter.
BROWN - Severe weather.
WHITE - Evacuation proceedings.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?:
Yes.

Do you acknowledge that applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?:
Yes.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are authorised to attend or you will be punished [Demoted]?:
Yes.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?:
Yes.

In-Character (IC) Section

Tell us about your character, how they look, what makes them unique?
Ayame, much unlike her personality, is actually rather weak and it shows through her body. She’s lanky and clearly aging, lacking the feminine curve that many other adult women have. Despite lacking in the appearance department, she definitely believes her personality and smarts make up for it. Always in baggy clothing and a smile of lolling, Ayame isn’t too presentable but a good example of someone who has experienced life fully.

What they're like on and off the job?
During her shifts, Ayame is laid-back but still careful when it comes to more high-pressure situations. She’s honest when giving news or advice to someone and her honesty actually makes Ayame rather honorable in the eyes of her colleagues. Alongside her honesty, Ayame is much of a realist and likes to get her hands on problems just to solve them. Anything that could work her brain for just a moment is something worthwhile, she’ll say.

Outside of work, Ayame is much less outgoing but much more relaxed. Considering her children are already young adults, she has much more time to herself and uses it for peace. Occasionally, she will go out with colleagues and friends; if not, she will simply spend the night at home with her husband and youngest daughter.

Reflecting over her quality of life, Ayame would be very proud of herself and her family. To be an oncologist and the owner of a household at the same time is not one easy task, but Ayame thankfully makes it work. She hopes to spend her years of retirement (which is just a little more than a decade to come) as peacefully as she does now, beside the one she loves and the friends she made along the way.

Outlook on their co-workers? Plans for the future?
Ayame views her co-workers in a bright manner, usually encouraging them rather than scolding or reprimanding if given a case where she must. She’s the ideal teacher and actually seems more fitting to be one, considering her outgoing half; but, she spends her time as a doctor, rather. Her methods of working definitely aren’t unconventional, though.

Her co-workers, on the other hand, can see Ayame as less serious than she genuinely is. Ayame generally feigns her amount of overwhelming joyfulness, but is still a positive woman nonetheless. If needing something just to brighten up their day, Ayame is the girl to go to.

Ayame has few plans for the future and generally lives in the present. Something else, forsaken throughout this application, usually keeps her on her toes though. She grew up fearful of the future and continues to pursue this psychology in life, refusing to think of these future plans (minus retirement, of course).

Does your character have any past / current mental and or physical illnesses we should take acknowledgement to?
Even if it doesn’t get in the way of her work, Ayame is autistic and was diagnosed as a toddler, even when its understanding of the mental affliction was minimal. Her hyperfixations which many consider odd are present, especially throughout her work and the philosophical “meaning of life” crap. The behavior she presents at work is even questionable, and many reprecuss her for it.

She’s still logical, understanding, and efficient when she needs to be, though.

Backstory (100+ words):
Born in 1972 was Ayame Yamabuki, the daughter of second generation Europeans. This made her a quarter European, her roots clear in the great height she was showing even at a young age. Already in grade school, Ayame was popular for her partially European looks alongside her traditionally black Japanese hair. She was the center of attraction by many schoolboys and rarely schoolgirls.

Her boyish way of acting was just another thing that made her get along with basically anyone. Although not one to start a conversation, Ayame was perfect when it came up to responding in a witty way. She was a joyful person to hang out with from day to night, however everything could not always be picture perfect for herself.

Her mother was battling leukemia and, with age, it only worsened. Throughout her teenage years, Ayame had to keep her mother’s condition in secret while maintaining her joyfulness throughout her school days. Soon approached by a boy she did not know, Ayame was asked, “How is your mom?”

Overwhelmed at the fact that someone knows of her mother’s condition, Ayame tries to dodge the question. However, Takato, the boy who soon revealed that his mother was the oncologist that Ayame’s mother was treating, pressured her into sharing how she felt about her mother.

Ayame responded with tears. Subconsciously comforting her, Takato and Ayame soon became great friends with one another; a fitting situation for their parents’ conditions. It was soon that they realized their parents weren’t the only thing that went well together -- they, and their personalities, were so fitting and the two ended up developing a relationship.

For someone with such a great reputation, news of Takato’s and her relationship was astonishing. Takato was a boy that one could hardly call popular; he had a great grasp of the arts and his maths but because he was so taciturn, he made little friends.

Surprisingly enough, Takato was the more adventurous one in the relationship rather than the tomboy Ayame. He, quite literally, would go out with her and ask that she watched as he fought people for fun. These mindless and careless days were cut short when Ayame’s mother eventually passed.

She was always a woman that lived in fear of death, a philosophy that stuck itself onto Ayame and continued to follow her for the remainder of her life. It was a bruise that she could never heal. . .

Soon graduating from high school, Takato and Ayame made a pact to go to the same college. Although they would be studying two completely different things, the two were sure that being together was important. However, they saw very little of each other during their years of university.

Like a snap of the fingers, Ayame’s college years passed. She graduated alongside Takato, who proposed to her soon after. With both at twenty-six years of age, they married and moved into a flat along the northern end of Karakura.

Their lives continued onward plainly, with Takato assuming his position as a music teacher at a university a few towns within Japan’s mainland, and Ayame being a nurse at the coast of mainland. She specialized in the heart transplant unit as a nurse, where she would meet several people of all different types that were receiving a new heart.

Being a nurse, especially in such an area, called for some high-pressure moments at times. Dealing with emergencies wasn’t the only hardship of nursing -- there was also the chance that the person receiving the heart transplant could easily reject it from their body. To reject an organ transplant has daring costs, something that could result in death.

Vividly, Ayame can remember one middle-aged patient that rarely had visitors. His name was Masaya and he was popular in the heart transplant unit for his patience. Occasionally, his wife would come and give the nurses of the unit some treats that she baked. Those were the only occasions she had ever seen Masaya get a visitor.

“Ayame,” he once asked, “do you ever think you will have children?”

Fresh out of college, Ayame was unsure of how to respond. Her career was her first priority before anything else, but the thought of having a child with Takato as the father wouldn’t be anything bad. In response, Ayame says, “Some time from now, sure.”

Masaya smiles. “You’re so casual about it. . .I have to say I felt the same.” With a weak smile at his face, he sat up in his bed. “I think when my child was born, that was when I realized how it wouldn’t be casual. I didn’t have much care until I saw my daughter. . .”

Confused as to why she was being told this, Ayame turned to him with one eyebrow lifted. Rather than questioning him as to why he was saying it, Ayame replied with, “How’s she handling your condition?”

“She doesn’t know.”

Ayame paused in hanging up the bag of saline to Masaya’s IV pole. How could his daughter not know? Sensing her hesitation, Masaya responds with, “She’s going into the first grade, so I don’t blame her for not really understanding how things work. . .her mom is too busy with her and I think I’ve already acknowledged my role in her life.”

Slowly, Ayame brought the bag of fluids onto the pole’s hanger. She said nothing more to Masaya, exiting the room with haste. There was nothing to really say after his one comment. One week later, Masaya passed from failure of his new heart, peacefully in his sleep.

The entire nursing unit had been in tears after hearing of the loss. Truly, he was a person that did not deserve what he said. Rather than crying, though, Ayame just thought. She thought about what would happen if Takato or her ended up getting sick while their child was still young. Of course, that child didn’t exist yet (for another three years).

On March 1st of 2001, Ayame and Takato welcomed their first daughter, Renge. Her introduction was rocky and troubling for Ayame, who had to take a long break from working due to illness. Another three years later, they welcomed their second daughter, Hako. Having to keep the care of her children in either the hands of her husband or a babysitter due to her job, Ayame soon took the opportunity to become a nurse practitioner for her cardiology unit.

Her children grew much like any other family setting in Japan. Quicker than Ayame and Takato thought, the two were already in grade school. This was quickly cut short by a recreational volleyball game that would soon change her eldest daughter’s life.

A bruise on her right shoulder and upper back, one that never healed. Eventually, red spots began to form around it. Soon, these spots were all over Renge’s body. As a heart transplant nurse, she already connected the dots as to what it was -- but she wouldn’t say it out loud, and instead brought her daughter to the hospital to get her blood drawn.

After a haunting hour passed of waiting, the results of her blood test returned. The number of her platelet cells were extremely low and had hinted at idiopathic thrombocytopenia purpura.

After a bone marrow biopsy, then, a much worse outcome came to surface: acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Renge was immediately taken out of school and was forced to work from home under a tutor. Having spent all this time at home, Renge became fond of the Internet and spent a great amount of time on her father’s computer.

The peacefulness of these ongoing nights (as peaceful as having a child with leukemia can be) was eventually interrupted by the cries of Hako, who was trying to beckon her parents to come to her. Once Takato and Ayame got to where their youngest daughter was and there Renge was: lying face-flat on the keyboard of Takato’s desktop, a blue screen highlighting a nightmare in front of them.

Having experience in this field of nursing, Ayame already had predicted what happened: her hemoglobin got too low and she could no longer remain conscious. But, Renge had never been overworking herself, just sitting at her computer, so how low could it really be. . .?

What soon erupted was a more violent case of leukemia, and Ayame had recalled the words of a late patient she once treated. The “role” in their child’s life.

Ayame went on paid leave for her daughter’s treatment. Though, this cancer was to last longer than she had expected and spanned out to the teenage years of her daughter. All the while, Hako was at home receiving average schooling alongside Takato. She was completely fine with that outcome, despite little time spent with her youngest daughter; the role that she wanted to play for Renge was more important.

As puberty began for Renge, her condition showed no signal of bettering. Ayame especially recognized how painful it was for her daughter to go through such an important stage of her life spent cooped up in walls and isolated from the outside world. It was a thought that made Ayame completely angry. However, Renge was never angry or sad. She never had a single complaint minus the occasion where she would cry out of something being painful.

To understand her daughter was a task Ayame could not do. How can she go through something so painful and remain so stoic?

It doesn’t take a genius to realize, though, that Renge would behave very differently today if it weren’t for her cancer. She would be much more sociable around the adults that she encountered in the hospital and wouldn’t sit in silence with Ayame for hours throughout a day. That silence was heartbreaking.

2016 eventually surfaced. Renge had spent ages nine through fifteen through painful doses of chemotherapy that were helping her so little and allotransplants that had little effect. Eventually, though, the blood which got drawn almost daily began to improve.

“Let’s do another bone marrow biopsy,” the oncologist told Ayame and her daughter, “let’s see what could have changed.”

The percentage of functioning in her bones had grown exponentially. For the first time in awhile, Ayame had felt an actual smile at her face -- and it was the same when she turned to her daughter. Their hope increased with the quality of Renge’s health, this chapter in her life soon to conclude. . .

. . .the chemotherapy, apparently, had completely wiped out all leukemic cells within Renge. While it was relieving to know that her journey was coming to an end, the long-lasting effects of the chemotherapy she received would be more than a worry for Takato and Ayame. That wasn’t their focus.

Despite the joy in Renge’s treatment, it was clear that she had become socially ineligible. Takato suggested that she meet with a psychologist alongside the oncologist she already saw so often, and it was something that Ayame could agree on.

With this chapter of Renge’s life ending, so was the chapter of Ayame’s. Spending so much time at her daughter’s side and trying to understand the numbers that came through blood tests, she eventually sparked the interest in oncology herself. This led to the now: her potential moving of the Karakura Hospital after its lack of employment.

It would be more than nice to have a workplace with a short commute alongside being able to play a role in her youngest daughter’s life. For reasons clear, though, Hako had grown a great resentment toward Ayame.

Her goal now consisted to serve those of Karakura Hospital and to become the mother that she could not for her youngest.

Characters Full Name:
Ayame Yamabuki

Characters Title (e.g, Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Mrs.

Characters Given Name(s):
Ayame

Characters Preferred Name:
Ayame

Characters Age:

Characters Gender:
Female

Characters Religious Domination: