Hospital roles | FEEDBACK

pitapet

Level 109
pitapet
pitapet
Rich+
IGN: dattokkatji
DATE: 1/21/21
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Unmerge the Nurse & Psych position back to separate positions, I'm not apart of the faction anymore and haven't been apart of it for a while. But, from obvious knowledge of the medical field and from what I've learned in school over the past half-year in my medical course. These two positions are EXTREEEMELY different, one does minor medical care such as taking care of minor emergency wounds, and assisting doctors and surgeons with psychs the other hand are dealing with therapy appointments and psychiatric emergencies (Which can be sensitive so I won't go into detail). While there may be some completely valid reason why they were merged, like how doctor and surgeon got merged into the same role, (which I see the reasoning behind because even in the past doctors were allowed to do surgery in the faction if a surgeon was not online.) but getting to my main poiiinttt..

Unmerge the roles, they are sooo extremely different from each other and deserve to have their separate departments.

Edit: I've added this part and edited the title of the forums post to say mainly, separate all hospital roles back into what they used to be. Hospitals have set roles and positions for a reason, doctors are doctors, surgeons are surgeons, nurses are nurses, and psychs are psychs. They are all extremely different and should not be labeled at the same jobs.

Last edited:

jeemay

Level 41
dhrdjim
dhrdjim
Rich
+1

I was planning to make a suggestion about this but I guess you beat me to it. This is probably the weirdest change done to the EMS faction and I honestly dislike it completely. As you mentioned, they do completely different things. Some people have said this change was done to "organize things" but I simply fail to see what was organized here lol. In addition to your suggestion, I'd say bring back the surgeon role and completely not allow Doctors to do surgeries. The reason the separate roles existed in the first place was to allow people who are interested in certain things to perform them without the need to do the other. For example, if you're interested in Psychiatry, you'd apply to become a psych and not have to worry about MedicalRP or such. Now you're forced to learn both even though you're only interested in one. The same thing with surgeon.. you're interested only in surgeries but are forced to learn all the Doctor's procedures just to be able to do the Surgeon one. I hope this gets accepted and gets changed back. (P.S I like the concept of the Doctor Constable and Executive Nurse. I hope they have something similar for Psych and Surgeon if they ever bring them back).

Missunderstood

Level 110
otobii
otobii
Fundraiser+
+1

My whole family tree is filled with doctors, and I can tell you for a fact- TWO ENTIRELY DIFFERENT JOB OCCUPATIONS!! Nurse's aren't equipped to deal with mental or psychological problems, their main goal is to assist the doctor!! Believe it or not, you'd have to go through years of training to sit through listening to other people's problems!!

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega
+1 / -1

I'm not with or against this suggestion, I think simply it was to make the roles list shorter and to make everything easier for players to understand 'Oh thats apart of the EMS'. But at the same time, yes the roles are completely different. Another issue I see with this is the presentation of the role, as the entire reason we changed the roles was to make roles shorter and to the point

As you can see this looks very odd. It's too long and I am sure a lot of new players including myself to this day can't even pronounce it correctly. Now yes we can go other routes with the role with ways on presenting it but moving onto my next point; My mother is a nurse, a Social Carer to be exact and she takes care of the elderly. Her job is MUCH different from what you would call a Nurse in a Hospital but what connection does both roles have?- They care and assist people. I understsand the Medical world has its own terminology for these kinds of things but all in all its the same. Now I am not AGAINST the idea of making the roles separate I am just trying to justify our decision on shortening the roles and making it easier to know who does what.

Overall; I can see why people wouldn't understand why a Psychiatrist would be labled a Nurse, but with our way of looking at roles in a efficient and organised way- It makes total sense. It's so little and honestly makes no difference in their job and their roleplay, it just doesn't look good to those honestly being picky with it [Please take that in a joking manner that isn't a sly remark I love you EMS]

Coraa

Level 8
+1
As someone in the hospital, I don’t think it benefits us. Now I could ramble on this for a while, just I will try to remain my reply rather shortly, as not to ramble. As I explained before, Surgeons are typically only supposed to do ANY type of surgery, self explanatory from the name. I do understand that major surgeries are a little unlikely to take place, though I don't believe that should mean for it to completely merge into being a doctor. From what a lot of doctors do in their career are a little bit smaller. Such as Medical Education, Medical writing, severe injuries (not too severe when a surgeon needs to come into place) and so much more incredible work. Doctors lack the knowledge on undergoing severe surgeries. The comparison between a surgeon and a doctor are really different in my perspective. Which it shouldn't have been merged (PERSONAL OPINION, I JUST DON'T LOVE IT)

With Nurses and Pyschs, Nurses help with assisting Doctors in things, they do not have the same medical knowledge to a doctor, but they can help treat minor things. Pysch's are really important, because they help with mental health issues, which Nurse's have never had the right knowledge or role for. This one just doesn't make sense for me at all, there is a difference between helping someone psychically and helping someone mentally. Nurse's morely take care of psychical injuries.

The merge to me seemed like a little mixing and not entirely easy to learn, and I am still not used to it. All the roles of a hospital staff are VERY important, and they shouldn't be ridded or shorten, it doesn't make sense realistically either. Not to mention the two Clinic leads losing their position because of the whole merged, which I'm very sure they worked hard for.

I did like how hospital staff can get promoted, but you could still do that with having all four clinics, instead of two..

ALRIGHT I RAMBELLED TOO MUCH GOODNIGHT, THANKS FOR READIN!

Loooper

Level 136
Prads
Prads
Fundraiser+
DENIED

- If it doesn't go as planned it'll be reverted, as of now its staying the way it is

Users who are viewing this thread