mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

HOUSE suggestion to solve homelessness

IGN:Vault_boy
DATE:12/16/2021
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
my suggestion will solve the MAJOR housing problem, without causing the builders to need to work harder, or requiring TOO much storage space.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
it will lower the housing crisis, as well as lack of shops. this could also add farming (so you don't have to eat vending machine food all the time)
MY SUGJESTION:
my suggestion is to allow players to build houses, if they have the proper permits. here's the idea, there are tunnels that will take players to different worlds with plot areas. the builders will build the landscape, and streets as well as roads. this is all they will have to build.
permits:
players can apply and buy a building permit, that gives them permission to build. to apply for one of these permits, you can go to wherever the mayors office is and ask them, or ask someone else. then, after applying for it, you will be allowed to buy a building permit. this will be slightly expensive to prevent unexperienced builders from being able to build. in addition you can get a apartment permit for apartments. this allows you to set up flags inside your plot (and only your plot), and to sell apartments in it. additional permits could be required. this would also make it so players could build other things like gyms and cafes for more roleplaying options. they could also add rural farm areas that would need a different building permit, so people could sell to shops, or have there own farmers market, so people can have easier access to food. people who violate the rules for building can have there building permit revoked.
how to keep the aesthetic:
builds will be reviewed by staff to insure they are not inappropriate, and there can be building design rules like they use in real life that tell people not to build structures that don't fit the overall design of the area. if a player makes something that doesn't fit with the theme they risk losing there license if already warned about it. people who violate the rules for building can have there building permit revoked.
how this can also prevent lag:
because of all the small town segments being stored in separate worlds that are small, they can be loaded and unloaded, without large amounts of lag, or cause lag due to being constantly loaded. the same housing rules will apply to inactive players, kicking them out and there builds being removed, to encourage them to build in worlds that are only semi-full. you can also only add worlds when another gets full to further reduce lag.
what it offers:
this could add the ability for players to sell resources for building to one anther, simulating the economy like how fishing did Before it was updated. shops could also be built to add more depth to trade, as players with farms could sell to players with shops closer to residential locations. a block shop could also be added to help players build things that they can't normally get. for other things like statues and monuments, gangs to make gang bases. the police could have police stations built in theses new smaller towns, as well as hospitals also being able to be built in these towns. most of the rules for people burring chests and such are also already in place, so there is no need to worry about that. in conclusion, this could open up so many more possibilities for roleplaying, and reduce the work staff would have to do to house and feed the growing population of srp. the worlds in addition could also be added gradually, as to not over-inflate the map, and the original map can be kept for players just the way it is. by allowing the players to build, it would take way less work to manage the server, as all you would have to do is routine checks of builds to make sure they don't break any of the rules. this would also add a real-estate market.
conclusion and time frame estimated:
please add this as I believe it would not take too long to do as a major - medium update (taking a 1-3 months), and would reduce future work, by allowing the players to do most of the work themselves. that would have to be preformed. thanks for reading this entirely.

response to issues:
font has now been UN-bolded.
the apartments that are currently in place: I find theses might even been more time consuming to build, considering staff have to build every single one AND set up the flags, instead of just managing the players buildings, and what flags they might make.
Ascetics:
in response to
"Cool idea in concept, but you have to also think about how these players will build. The builds in karakura are sort of themed, giving people freedom on it might just brick the aesthetic

Plus the housing plug-in is broken

Plus when it's fixed we will be getting new apartment buildings,"
I would like to mention the laws that I previously mentioned, I will improve reader readability so that it is easier to read what i have to say, by dividing my writing into sections.

smartboizbe

Level 2
if you have any questions, ide be happy to answer them as i tried to cover most problems, but if you have one please tell me and i will revise.

OhNoNate

Level 19
OhNoNate
OhNoNate
Omega
I'm pretty sure staff has mentioned a few times that they have some type of housing plugin which is still being worked on for the future, though I could be wrong.

But even so, this just doesn't feel like something that would fit in the server, plus new apartment blocks are added every now and then anyways which will give more players options to get an apartment

Lizalopod

Level 130
Cool idea in concept, but you have to also think about how these players will build. The builds in karakura are sort of themed, giving people freedom on it might just brick the aesthetic

Plus when it's fixed we will be getting new apartment buildings,

smartboizbe

Level 2
Cool idea in concept, but you have to also think about how these players will build. The builds in karakura are sort of themed, giving people freedom on it might just brick the aesthetic

Plus when it's fixed we will be getting new apartment buildings,

i have improved readability of the document! now everything is in sections.

smartboizbe

Level 2
This would create a LOT more work for server staff!
hey! i have improved the readability of the document so you can easily locate my response to the work required, also this would be a medium to large update, meaning it wouldn't happen right away, but more like in a month or so.

smartboizbe

Level 2
Hey everyone! if you are reading the old document rn, please reload your page as i have just updated it!
if you do have questions, feel free to ask them, and if you want me to improve the document in any way I will.

Last edited:

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
Asleepaholic
Asleepaholic
Fundraiser+
You lost me once you started to talk about apartment permits. You’re basically explaining what the creative server is and it’s definitely a no to all these “permits” to make a cafe and start selling. Srp would turn into a full on plot server which makes no sense. Nobody has time to review peoples plot 24/7 to make sure no one is abusing those permit or making anything inappropriate. And I’m sorry to say but if it were possible that supposedly everyone could fit the theme of the server they would be on the build team currently. So a big -1 on that

smartboizbe

Level 2
You lost me once you started to talk about apartment permits. You’re basically explaining what the creative server is and it’s definitely a no to all these “permits” to make a cafe and start selling. Srp would turn into a full on plot server which makes no sense. Nobody has time to review peoples plot 24/7 to make sure no one is abusing those permit or making anything inappropriate. And I’m sorry to say but if it were possible that supposedly everyone could fit the theme of the server they would be on the build team currently. So a big -1 on that
yes, they clearly do as they review prebuilt housing for chests in walls. if someone breaks the rules even once they have there building permit perminately revoked. its that simple. also, it wouldn't be a plot server. all I'm basically saying is then the build team could just become the build management team. if you have a better idea for how to make sure the server doesn't become plots, and still is able to house every player without putting them in a 5x5 box because they didn't buy a rank, or use some other way of increasing there money to absurd amounts please tell me!

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
Asleepaholic
Asleepaholic
Fundraiser+
yes, they clearly do as they review prebuilt housing for chests in walls. if someone breaks the rules even once they have there building permit perminately revoked. its that simple. also, it wouldn't be a plot server. all I'm basically saying is then the build team could just become the build management team. if you have a better idea for how to make sure the server doesn't become plots, and still is able to house every player without putting them in a 5x5 box because they didn't buy a rank, or use some other way of increasing there money to absurd amounts please tell me!
Buying a rank doesn’t give you extra money. People are just smart and gain a lot of money from jobs, reselling items, etc.. Having enough space for every single player that gets on the server just isn’t possible and they (staff) are trying to tackle this by not only adding more apartment complexes but also offering free housing for certain faculty and removing someone’s ownership of an apartment if they haven’t been on the server for a long time for whatever reason. Apartment hunting is clearly an issue which is why I don’t do it myself. However people offer my character a place to stay. Personally I wouldn’t need an apartment because I know I wouldn’t be using it as much just like when I did have it. But I think it’s all about patience in this case of waiting for more complexes to open up or seeing if anyone is willing to share part of their home. It may even come down to someone maybe making a discord and allowing people to bid for their apartment or buying a floor from a tower owner.

Luca

Level 68
Traccia
Traccia
Rich
-1 would essentially cause too many problems. It seems like a good idea; though in reality it would backfire. There really is no need to go into detail if someone else wishes to then be it, though with how the community is it would not go to plan.

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Plots would both be unrealistic & take away from roleplay as it wouldn't be possible on the SchoolRP Map. We've added over 60 apartments in the past four months, however we'll be updating our housing plugin once we've finished the main bulk of development, this will include more housing options for players; temporary and semi-permanent with better customisation.

Users who are viewing this thread