mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

how do i even get popular.

Squidjees

Level 108
Squidjees
Squidjees
Rich
Since you already got quite a lot of good advice, let me give you some EXCELLENT ADVICE!

It's all about the drip - don't be authentic, that gives you stinky leg for life!
Use uppity cool lingo - be ahead of the curve with slurs and always use CAPS ONLY in every conversation - especially at the spawn plaza.
Basically, use /yell command with plenty of keybinds and ask for 5k OOCly, tell them you own the server and then write skibidi in OOC always

Did I forget something? ╭( ๐ _๐)╮

(I admit I haven't spend much time with Greenies in the last few months, what is the most outrageous thing at the moment?)
love this

DivingBlues

Level 79
Community Team
Builder
Lore Team
It’s so sad seeing people ask this question. You shouldn’t be chasing popularity on srp, as much as being the main group or apart of the big groups in the server and being known might be appealing or even enticing you don’t need to chase them. However, you’re asking for guidance so I’m going to suggest this or give some ideas for you.

Be yourself, don’t let anyone change you, don’t let others influence you and don’t shape yourself to conform to others. Be true to yourself and be true to who you are as a person, if you try and fit to other people or alter yourself for others you lose a piece of yourself. You don’t enjoy srp and if becomings more of a task then something to log onto and enjoy. Trust me I have been there, I grew burnt out and tired, I needed a break and I wanted space to myself. Those who like your personality, or see you for who you are will gravitate towards you and those who don’t will leave.

You don’t need hundreds of friends to be known. Sometimes being smaller is better. I only have a few really really close friends who I speak to every day, and the others I don’t always speak to or let alone trust completely and that’s ok there’s no shame. If you have people you really trust keep them close, they’re the important ones. People will come and go, you’ll gain some and loose some but stay true to who you are and stay true to those who are close to you. Friendships shouldn’t just be based on how popular you are, or how important they are in the server. They should be your friends because YOU as a person value them, they are similar qualities, they have fun with you and you enjoy spending time with them.

Join a community team! It’s normally hard to join one but if you have skills that can be used in the server, apply! Community teams help you connect with staff and community and also show off your talents. Being able to do this can give you the chance to show off who you are, what you bring and your unique skills. So try give it a go if any appeal to you!

Connect and interact with people, be open to meeting new people and roleplaying with them. Even new tags who are commonly neglected or ignored because of people around them. Try connect to people who are new or around you, challenge yourself to rp with new people and see new faces, that’s the one that makes the lasting impression. Because not only do you get roleplay out of it, you learn something about the person and you can make new friends.

My advice to you is don’t chase popularity, don’t call yourself a no body because you‘re somebody. We see you. Don’t let people change who you are be true to yourself, follow your passions and dreams and those who see you will conform with you. It took me 2 years to be known on srp. It’s a long time and a slow process, but there are ways to show who you are and bring eyes to them if you try. Showing off talents is the easiest way to do it, challenge yourself, roleplay true to your characters and fit into your own bubble. If you ever want to roleplay or want to hang out my contacts are open! By all means reach out to me, and keep being amazing you’ll get places when the time comes.

! salty

Level 46
s4ltyroll
s4ltyroll
Notable
It’s so sad seeing people ask this question. You shouldn’t be chasing popularity on srp, as much as being the main group or apart of the big groups in the server and being known might be appealing or even enticing you don’t need to chase them. However, you’re asking for guidance so I’m going to suggest this or give some ideas for you.

Be yourself, don’t let anyone change you, don’t let others influence you and don’t shape yourself to conform to others. Be true to yourself and be true to who you are as a person, if you try and fit to other people or alter yourself for others you lose a piece of yourself. You don’t enjoy srp and if becomings more of a task then something to log onto and enjoy. Trust me I have been there, I grew burnt out and tired, I needed a break and I wanted space to myself. Those who like your personality, or see you for who you are will gravitate towards you and those who don’t will leave.

You don’t need hundreds of friends to be known. Sometimes being smaller is better. I only have a few really really close friends who I speak to every day, and the others I don’t always speak to or let alone trust completely and that’s ok there’s no shame. If you have people you really trust keep them close, they’re the important ones. People will come and go, you’ll gain some and loose some but stay true to who you are and stay true to those who are close to you. Friendships shouldn’t just be based on how popular you are, or how important they are in the server. They should be your friends because YOU as a person value them, they are similar qualities, they have fun with you and you enjoy spending time with them.

Join a community team! It’s normally hard to join one but if you have skills that can be used in the server, apply! Community teams help you connect with staff and community and also show off your talents. Being able to do this can give you the chance to show off who you are, what you bring and your unique skills. So try give it a go if any appeal to you!

Connect and interact with people, be open to meeting new people and roleplaying with them. Even new tags who are commonly neglected or ignored because of people around them. Try connect to people who are new or around you, challenge yourself to rp with new people and see new faces, that’s the one that makes the lasting impression. Because not only do you get roleplay out of it, you learn something about the person and you can make new friends.

My advice to you is don’t chase popularity, don’t call yourself a no body because you‘re somebody. We see you. Don’t let people change who you are be true to yourself, follow your passions and dreams and those who see you will conform with you. It took me 2 years to be known on srp. It’s a long time and a slow process, but there are ways to show who you are and bring eyes to them if you try. Showing off talents is the easiest way to do it, challenge yourself, roleplay true to your characters and fit into your own bubble. If you ever want to roleplay or want to hang out my contacts are open! By all means reach out to me, and keep being amazing you’ll get places when the time comes.
um diving cooked but yeah basically this

Teagansy

Level 14
Teagansy
Teagansy
Omega+

woah that was worded like amazingly I won't lie. YES BE YOURSELF!! Don't change for others bc then you aren't being YOU!! beeee whooo you areeee!! Personally, i always wanted to be liked too bc i was scared or would overthink alot on what people think of me or even say about me. It becomes too much to think about, SO with that I decided to just be myself even if that is me just being a complete wacko. I once had a shirt as a kid and it said "Normal is boring." that says alot on the person i am today tbh....!! ^-^

aoblossom

Level 18
I feel like if you just focus on being popular, you will start to lose yourself. So like what everyone else is saying, just be yourself and have fun. Engage with the community, join factions or teams, and make friends!

tobbby

Level 280
liltob_
liltob_
Rich
I was playing srp and realized, I was lonely. like, just really lonely. I know I have friends but sometimes I think they get annoyed by me, sometimes i don't see them. i really wanted to be popular on srp and well known, i want people to go "hey look! that's frutigo!" funny jokes about me in ooc or people coming up to me and saying hi. the more that I think about it, it kinda makes me look like a loser. i wanna be cared about, if you get what i mean.

which, brings me to to my question!

how do you get popular?
I'm geuinally asking. i barely have any friends and most people think I'm a nobody or whatever!!
i would really like tips

thank you and have a good night/day
Being in factions and teams is a great way to build reputation but you shouldn't focus only on that! popularity can inly get you so far :3

urufu

Level 7
Urrufu
Urrufu
Rich
Just be yourself honestly. I'm not exactly popular either but all of the friends I have made are just through speaking with people I happened to find. Find people with common interests ooc an ic, or join a faction and make friends there. I've seen you in OOC chat quite a few times and you seem lovely, so I'd just focus on meeting and talking to new people. <3

kustomzero

Level 145
UrAJinx
UrAJinx
Omega
Broski you are popular in your OWN way. The word popular can be defined in many different ways based on the persons perspective. For an example someone might think popular means having a BUNCH of friends and being well known. Where as someone else might think that definition of popular is entirely opposite. I believe popular has a meaning differently from each other. Who care's if you're well known or have a bunch of friends or you're part of the jock squad or cheer squad.. like popular doesn't define who you are as a person. Be yourself. Don't let people's feelings or words get to you. At the end of the day its just a bunch of people staring at a screen with blocks. We are all unique in our own way.. you forge your own story.. your own path.. whether thats making a name for yourself or being entirely hidden. That's up for you to decide. :)

Users who are viewing this thread