xBonnie

Level 70
Community Team
Media Team
Event Team
yBonnu
yBonnu
Omega+
Hey again! So I wanted to discuss something which I think every player has experienced, which is boredom. There’s no denying the fact that sometimes our roleplay becomes a bit stale or we feel as if there’s nothing to talk about. Of course this is not hate towards the server, but it’s inevitable that we might get bored sometimes or run out of ideas of our own.

So here is my question for you, what do you get up to when your roleplay starts to bore you? For me personally, when my friends aren’t active and I don’t feel like writing out paragraphs of detailrp for myself, then I tend to either play volleyball or do some tailoring. I would love to know what others get up to during their quiet time on the server. Anything interesting? Such as working on activities or planning meetings for your club, or making edits or taking beautiful screenshots of Karakura. Do you do something fun in-character? Spooky? Sad?

Ultimately I am looking for new ways to tackle my own boredom for when my friends aren’t around! Without doing the same stuff. If you have any ideas then please do feel free to share.

- A curious SRP member

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
Of course, it's no hate towards the server, sometimes people get bored of their own roleplay, or if their character isn't going through much character development, it will get boring doing the same thing every day, that's normal.

For starters, I usually run around, for a good 30 minutes, doesn't bore me, for some reason. I kinda just find Minecraft running sort of relaxing, it's weird but yeah. I run around and listen to music somethings. Then I TRY to make new friends, speaking to new people isn't really my thing though, since I get lots of anxiety bottled up inside then I just flee, but there are times where I'm not like that with certain people, then we just end up being the best of friends. Some of the things you mentioned, I do most of them, whether it be making an edit, tailoring, writing out a few detailed actions. Other stuff I do is come on the forums and just read lots of threads, I like doing that, for some reason. I also watch SpongeBob while I play Minecraft since SpongeBob keeps me occupied. Or if you have plans to apply for a certain faction, work on the application, even though you wont apply at that given moment, but it's always good to have it there for when you're ready.

If you're a TikTok person, try watching tiktoks on topics you like, it kills SOO much time, for me once I go on TikTok it's hard to come off. But really, making friends that's active 24/7 is great, or just try to have a decent amount of friends, so when one is off, another is on, yknow, cause of crazy timezones and all. As for icly, spice up the roleplays more.. cause then it's so interesting to the point where you don't even want to get off. Cause once something major happens in your character's life, it takes a few for the roleplay to get dull.

Sincerely,

me.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
how do you tackle boredom
get bitches

okay, on a serious note. In terms of stuff relating to SRP I just make a gigantic biography or work on some big project if I find myself bored. I try not to simply run around spawn or talk aimlessly at spawn because I don't like that people do that, I think reallocating that time to things that I find more fun like writing is a better use of said time.

xBonnie

Level 70
Community Team
Media Team
Event Team
yBonnu
yBonnu
Omega+
get bitches

okay, on a serious note. In terms of stuff relating to SRP I just make a gigantic biography or work on some big project if I find myself bored. I try not to simply run around spawn or talk aimlessly at spawn because I don't like that people do that, I think reallocating that time to things that I find more fun like writing is a better use of said time.
That is exactly what I am trying to avoid. I tend to wander about waiting for something to occur when I could be putting my time into something else. I've never made a biography but I might look into doing so. I also want to get more active on different discord communities within SRP. I'll probably work out some stuff I can occupy my time with there other than tailoring and event team stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread