mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

How to take the FearRp System more Seriously in RP

IGN: Tidusdowthelas2
Date of Suggestion: 7/21/2021

I've noticed that there's a huge difference in FearRp when it comes to how people react to brute force from a male officer, faculty staff or gangster than a female one. And it dawned on me, why not use the other side of FearRp? If someone's not taking you seriously one way, via brutal force, scare them with mental retaliation, a teacher can do this by offering an instant trip to the Principle, an officer can do something similar by scare tactics about how mean the streets can get, and gangs can use mental warfare.

In short, I wanted to let people know as a suggestion that even if a character seemingly "avoids or fails" in rp one way, for FearRp, does not mean there's not another way to scare them. The types of FearRps I've seen used elsewhere and I'd suggest are Physical (most common), in which you can slam a book or an object to look intimidating or make expressions. Mental, where as a Teacher or Officer, you're doing your best to keep these kids in line, and a gangster someone off your turf. And lastly, my favorite, FearRp tactic, the simple yell tactic, I've seen JoJo my man use this often when someone got really bad.

All just suggestions to again narrow down the really bad rp'ers from accidental fail rp, and in reality, not all people will react to fear the same way as say you or me, or the Principle for that matter. Have fun, and be safe everyone, peace!

philbertman42

Level 137
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
FearRP is being afraid of the consequences of your actions; in short, you don't need to actually be afraid, you just need to roleplay realistically in accordance with the situation when you're at a clear disadvantage. For example, you don't need to be shaking in your boots if a teacher yells at you in detention, but you do need to follow their instruction in fear of being suspended / expelled.

The only two issues with FearRP that I see are the fact that people don't understand what it means to FearRP, or they simply don't. I'd also like to get people to understand this simple concept, but that would require them actually reading and comprehending one line in the rules thread:
upload_2021-7-21_9-22-58.png
I don't think this should be necessary, but a thread should be made by staff and posted in announcements, so people actually understand the rule.
FearRp tactic, the simple yell tactic
Side comment, this is by far the most lame way to be authoritative as a teacher. As somebody who's been on the faction for two years, forcing FearRP by typing "/y" before your message is the most unrealistic and least engaging way to do it.

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for feedback!
The Senior Leadership team are collectively working on a revised version of the FearRP rule in terms of the School with clear explanation of what is/isn't acceptable in roleplay and how punishments can affect your character's roleplay and future. This will be in the form of a guide on the forums and should be released by the end of the week.

Why should your character FearRP? As described above, 'FearRP' in terms of being within the school is the act of fearing the consequences for your actions, meaning you cannot run around purposefully trying to get suspended, expelled or put in detention. The School itself is the main aspect of SchoolRP and realistically you wouldn't be able to 'do the crime without paying the time' . Getting suspensions or an expulsion will also lessen your character's chances at a real future, preventing you from partaking in large events, entering College and even preventing various job opportunities.

"The simple yell" tactic is completely based on which character you RP with; not all faculty will RP the same, however please keep in mind that school faculty is at the best of times a stressful role. We also have a warning system in place to give players a fair chance at roleplaying out delinquency which works in most cases.

If you have further questions or suggestions regarding FearRP within the school, please forward them to a member of SLT (Principal/Dean)

Users who are viewing this thread