players online

HS Council Application | Smellypoopie76 | MuziekAapje

MuziekAapje

Level 11

GENERAL INFORMATION

IGN:

smellypoopie76

Past warns/kicks/bans?:

I haven’t had any within at least the past 2 months.

Timezone:

GMT+2

Discord:

Lara#1013

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server? (Approved, Denied & Pending):

Language Dutch (denied)

Language Dutch (accepted)

3D-Modeler (accepted)

Language Korean (accepted)

PE teacher (accepted)

Describe your activity on the server?:

I currently spend most of my time on the server being part of the track team, being the team's previous captain I help with hosting practices and activities where I can, attend classes when possible, and overall just roleplaying with both people I already know and new people. Part of the fun of SchoolRP is that it’s never the same, you experience something different every time you log on.

List your accounts and roles on this server?:

MuziekAapje [Grade-10][Track]

smellypoopie76 [Grade-12]

Are you aware that inactivity for more than 15 days without an inactivity log will result in removal from the council?:

I am completely aware of that fact and think it’s completely reasonable.

What is Student Council and what do they do?:

The Student Council is the main body that presents the students of Karakura High, where they are dedicated to creating a safe atmosphere for everyone. They want to make a place where everyone can thrive. In order to create that safe atmosphere, they fulfill many responsibilities.

These responsibilities that the Student Council has touch on many aspects of the school. For example, they are tasked with enforcing the rules of the school, where they would make sure everyone would follow the rules and prevent rulebreaking when possible. Plus, they may take the decision to hand out detentions when needed. Alongside their formal responsibilities, the councilors are also just there for students to talk to, where they can share their concerns, worries, or ideas.

What motivated you to apply for council?:

I have been interested in the Student Council for a while now. Unfortunately I just never found the right time to apply. I was always unsure about being able to be active enough on my alt account, especially when I was a captain on my main.

Now that I have found more time to spend and play on my alt account ‘smellypoopie76’, I have found that this is the perfect time to apply and experience a whole different role on SchoolRP and I hope to be able to fulfill my interest in being part of the Student Council!

Are you aware that you’ll be having to use your creativity and teamwork ethic within the Student Council?:

Of course, and I think I can do that! I’ve been the High School Track Captain before and that involves teamwork and coming up with weekly practice ideas. That may be smaller than events but seeing as though I have a little bit of experience with smaller events/gatherings I think that experience would help me while being on the council.

Can you list the roles in the council along with other roles that might be important to the council?:

There are three name tags for members of the Student Council. They are ‘President’, ‘Vice-President’, and ‘Council’, and these are visible to everyone. In addition, there are also some roles in the council itself. From what I know, they consist of secretary, disciplinarian, treasurer, student body reporter and council representative. Besides these roles, there are some other roles that would be important to the council. They are the SLT and other school staff, as they work with each other in certain scenarios. It is important for them to work together as they have the same goals of making Karakura High a better place.The council tags consist of President, Vice-President and Council, but within the council there are also the roles, of secretary, disciplinarian, treasurer, student body reporter and council representative. Besides these roles, some other roles that would be important to the council is SLT and other school staff. As they basically work with each other in certain scenarios.

You’re patrolling the school and you walk by two girls verbally harassing each other, but they didn't pay mind to you. What do you think is the correct way to go about this?

Yuki would approach the girls and have them stop talking. If there were people standing around, she would take the girls to the council room as she couldn't be bothered with the risk of interference. Yuki would sit them down, annoyed with the girls' behavior and how she needed to get herself involved. Yuki would ask both girls about what happened, giving both of them the opportunity to share their side of the story; as they talked, Yuki would look at whoever was speaking with a straight face, nodding occasionally as she listened. If she was still unsure what happened, the girl would ask further questions as a way to properly resolve the situation. If either of the girls refused to cooperate then Yuki would simply send them both to detention, avoiding the headache of dealing with them altogether.

A student refuses to take their mask off after you’ve brought up detention and they’ve run away! What do you do?

Yuki would not let them get away so easily, why would she, Yuki enjoys a good run after all! After notifying others over the radio Yuki proceeded to run after the masked student. A fun competition between her and a masked student who is about to get in some real trouble.

There seems to be a councilor abusing their powers! They’re being exceptionally mean to a student, causing the student to be defensive or scared. How would you step in?

Yuki would step in without reservation, disregarding the councilor's feelings as she tells them to stop doing whatever was causing the student distress. She would proceed to apologize to the targeted student, ensuring they were okay. After the situation was handled, Yuki would inform her higher-ups about the councilor's actions.

You seemed to miss a few pieces of information during a meeting, how would you go about getting that information?

If there weren't documented notes from the meeting written up, Yuki would ask a fellow councilor for the information she'd missed. During following meetings, she would try to keep her focus and pay closer attention to the material being discussed.

A teacher/receptionist has told you or done something that goes against what you were trained by your higher-ups. How would you react to this?

If Yuki were to catch a teacher or receptionist breaking rules or for example keeping someone in detention for too long, or having them do some strange type of punishment, she would let the faculty member know what is going on and why Yuki disagrees before informing SLT straight away. In case SLT is not available she would go to a council higher up to help her out.

Please provide a detailed event that a club or council can use as a future event to showcase your creativity! (Must be 300 words or more):

A school-wide bonding day dedicated to meeting new friends and growing closer with your current friend circles. The main objective of this "Bonding Day" is for individuals to learn about the people who are most involved in the school on a personal level, increasing the scope of their friend groups, and becoming more involved with the school in general. This event would take place over 1 in-character school day.

During this event, no traditional school classes would be held by the Highschool or College faculty; instead a joint effort would be made between the council, faculty members, sports teams, and clubs to replace them with simple and fun small-group activities (about the size of a normal class, meaning around 28 total). they would last for the duration of one school period, with at least 4-5 activities being held at once. The players hosting the activities would do so in rotation (taking a break between periods) to allow those players a break if needed.

Different types of events could be held for people who enjoy different things. For example, sporting related events and competitions could be held for players who want to show off their skills in a plugin, while specialized games could be roleplayed out in-character for those who'd like to do something more detailrp based.

Ideally, the hosted events wouldn't just be a club day or sports showcase; everybody would instead be tasked with creating an activity related to their group, and not just do what they normally do with a public audience. Additionally, the activities shouldn’t be something that can be done during class (for example, a quiz game) as the point of the event is to provide students with the opportunity of doing something new.

Activity Ideas:

Self Explanatory stuff: Never Have I Ever, Two Truths and a Lie, Truth or Dare, Charades.

Mystery/crime-solving: A scenario would be laid out in a “crime scene” (a closed-off area of the school where the activity is set up) where students would be given a short period of time to investigate various clues and draw conclusions as to how and when somebody died, along with who the killer is.

One-sentence stories: Participants would gather around in a circle and take turns in telling impromptu stories based on given prompts. The best ones could be showcased via bulletin in the Academics Discord, journalist report, or post-event document.

Logic puzzles (example): Players would be shown a short series of redstone puzzles that scale in complexity with how far they are in the challenge. In order to progress, they must guess the correct answer before the activity’s host solves the puzzle for everybody to see.

Character Name:

Yuki Shirogane

Character Gender:

Female

Character Age:

Character phone-number:

(030)-457-8136

Brief summary of how they act/ your character’s personality:

Yuki Shirogane is a complex individual who appears to be very cold-hearted and can be rather blunt. People would often mistake her bluntness for rudeness when Yuki does not intend to be. She is actually a very relaxed and independent woman. She does put up a tough exterior with people who do not know her that well but is mostly seen as a laid-back individual when she is not engaged in casual conversation. Yuki treats people with authority the same as she would her peers, she'll treat them with a level of respect, however, she would lose that respect for them if they used their authority to benefit themselves or their opinion. An example of this would be if a vote took place and the authoritative person was with the minority. If they were to use their authority to completely disregard the vote, Yuki would lose all respect for them.

Character appearance/attire (Please provide a picture):

Yuki is a fit Japanese female standing at an average 5’4. The girl’s wavy black locks hang over her clear face, parting slightly to expose her beautiful chestnut eyes with long, dark lashes along with her plump lips.

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:

I had to grow up faster than most kids, needing to take care of both my mother and myself. My father has never been around to support us and my mother didn’t make enough to pay for rent, bills and groceries; I had to do the household chores, prepare dinners, and work part-time next to school whenever I could.

Besides this, I’ve been a problematic student myself, so I’ll be able to relate and connect to people like my past self more easily.; after my mother died I got swept in with the wrong crowd which led to myself growing familiar with suspensions. I’ve improved myself when I moved away from it all and made new friends, and now want to use my past experiences to help others with similar issues.

Why do you want this position?:

“You’re only as good as the people you have around you.” - John C. Maxwell

I want to grow, and being with the council will help me with ensuring a bright future. Not only by looking good on my resume but also by being able to learn and experience so many things, such as cooperating with students and faculty to host events and make the school a safe space for everyone to be able to learn and socialize in.

What interests you the most about student council?:

I absolutely love being able to discipline and help people, which being a part of the council will allow me to do in a non-hostile and controlled environment so that students can feel safe and cared for. Next to me helping others, the duties I will be having as being a part of the student council will surely help better myself as a person even more than I have this far.

What could you contribute to making the school a safe and fun environment?:

I’m not the kind of person to let anything or anyone stop me. No rule breaker could possibly crack me down, no matter how long it takes or how it affects my public image. I will make sure they will be disciplined in a proper way to prevent further rule-breaking.

I care for the well-being of the students in this school and I would like to maintain a safe school environment.

Users who are viewing this thread