Omega+
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:

{Alt} Account applying with - BoredLJ

Main - SoraMJ
Other Alt - SoraReincarnated

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
Yes, my discord is shadow1424

I'm frequently on discord due to it being my main chatting app. I constantly check discord and always have my notifications on.

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes! :)
I'm very open to discord vc.

How old are you? (Optional):
I’m not comfortable with putting my age on a public Forum.

What is your time zone?:
Central Standard Time

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I’m well aware.

Describe your activity on the server:
I’d say I’m often online, due to school I’m not able to get online till about 4 PM. During the summer I’m one to wake up early and stay up until later, permitting me to have an increased activity on the server. If I’m not currently online, I’m always checking my DMs on Discord, so if anything’s needed from me anyone can shoot me a DM. Despite having a main account as well, I’m able to focus on both, equally. I’m very excited to play as Huy, due to him being my most put together character, so I’ll often play him to expand his character.

Do you have any previous bans?:
I have not acquired any bans, thankfully. I don’t plan on gaining any in the near or distant future, I pride myself in constant growth, so I take any learning experience I can.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
DENIED https://schoolrp.net/threads/college-council-app-smj737.59253/ - College Council app - SoraMJ
ACCEPTED https://schoolrp.net/threads/boredlj-vietnamese-application.60466/ - Vietnamese Language App - Account applying with {BoredLJ}
ACCEPTED https://schoolrp.net/threads/soramj-vietnamese-application.60476/ - Vietnamese Language App - SoraMJ
DENIED https://schoolrp.net/threads/sorareincarnated-doctor-app.62068/ - EMS Doctor App - SoraReincarnated

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
Account applying with - [Grade-8]

Main Account - [College Bachelor]
SoraReincarnated - [Grade-12]

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

P.A, I’m a lover of acting, so I’d prefer to teach Drama/Acting.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
Personally, I’m a teacher’s pet. Teaching students and being part of the school staff, it sounds like a dream to me. I’d love and aspire to teach others new things, and when you add this with acting, it’s a miracle. I’ve constantly been told that I’d be a good tutor, which I believe is a decently large step towards being a great teacher.
I’m aware that being a teacher could be hard, stressing even. Despite this, I’m fairly sure that I’d find something to allow me to power through. Friends, family, and many others encourage me daily, and I’m sure if I need this power I’ll have them by my side. Due to me being a bit stubborn, I try to do perfect on the first try, although I’m aware that mistakes help you learn and grow. Any mistakes I make will quickly be rewritten into corrections, I don’t plan to make room for mistakes.
Being a teacher would allow me to share my love for acting, to both students, and possibly other teachers. It’ll also allow me some type of experience in teaching, it’ll upgrade my patience, rationality, knowledge, and more.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes, I’m very excited and can’t wait. I’d be glad to be part of the teachers and staff at Karakura High, if they’d have me.
Teacher training I’m always glad to undergo, it’s of the best if I’m better experienced for the task at hand.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Teacher class logs can somewhat be summarized. They track the classes taught each month to include the number of classes all teachers hosted that month, this allows any inactive teachers to be brought to attention. Logs also allow teachers to earn their deserved paycheck, with the least errors or problems.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

Respect
Respect is the most common rule, every student should know this rule and be mature enough to ‘respect’ it. Respect is very well known, and if students aren’t able to abide by this rule, they will be talked to and their caused inconvenience might result in consequences. Students will not only respect their teacher, but respect their peers and themselves.
Accepting one another, not talking over each other, especially when asked not to speak while another is answering or asking a question.
“All students deserve the opportunity to learn.”

Swearing is a No-Go
When you’re in class, you’re expected to remain mature and focused. Swearing is seen as obscene and can cause inference of other’s learning experience.
”All students deserve the opportunity to learn.”

Curiosity
All students have the right to be curious. Students can simply raise their hands to ask questions and expand their learning environment. As long as students don’t overuse this, others are able to learn off this as well. Curiosity is admired, and appreciated.

Remain Seated
All students are to remain seated in their spots unless asked to move, interact in class, and more. This allows order to remain in the classroom. If students were to run around class absent mindedly, it could obstruct others' learning experience, which is unacceptable.

Power and Superiority
Students are not to underestimate their teacher’s power and superior role over them. Teachers use this to keep the classroom stable, under control, and safe, if students were to forget this, consequences will follow.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
Starting in 2016-2017, I would invest myself in roleplay games, which were on ROBLOX. I had and still have a large love for Minecraft, having been one of my go-tos for games all those years ago. Almost a year ago, I remembered a server that I had found way back when, and ta-da I had found it. This server is School Roleplay. I’m proud to say that I often, or every other day (sometimes daily), roleplayed in Hypixel, the famous server itself. I’d go to the Hypixel housing and find the best roleplay houses I could, and hoped that I could find some decent role-players. Eventually all of this constant roleplaying added up, I believe it assisted me when I found a passion for writing, and now my passion in writing assists my roleplaying. Sometimes I would indulge in discord roleplays, this ended quickly due to the small amount of satisfaction I’d get from it.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:

Head of Department
↳ Description:
The Head of Department has two meanings, the head of the whole teaching faction, or the head of their department which enable them to run that department they look over. This role in teaching has been well earned and many look up to these teachers. These teachers contain the highest experience and authority. If in need of help, whether with hosting classes, students, or just needing advice, you’d go to these teachers.

- QT
↳ Meaning:

Qualified Teacher
↳ Description:
These teachers have gone through training and have worked at Karakura High for a respectable amount of time, earning themselves the ‘Qualified Teacher’ role. Teachers with this role have earned their respect through patience and diligence, recognized by having this role presented by their name. The only step up from here is the ‘Head of Department’.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:

Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description:
A teacher who has finished their training and become more independent in their work. This teacher hasn’t worked long enough to become a ‘Qualified Teacher’ but will be able to by working hard, improving, and waiting.

- UT
↳ Meaning:

Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description:
A newly hired teacher that hasn’t gone through the training process or is still currently going through the teacher training.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Salaries depend on classes and role, newly qualified teachers have the base pay of ¥350,000 for their minimum of 10 classes and the maximum they can earn is ¥500,000 that month. Every 5 classes after the minimum quota adds ¥50,000
Teachers allow students a reason to go to Karakura High, instead of just talking or sitting around with students. Classes that teachers host allow students to learn and upgrade their way of thinking, meet new people, socialize, grow up, and more.
Teachers are in charge of multiple different categories,

Hosting Classes
Character Development, in and out of school
OOC planning
IC and OOC grading

1. Hosting Classes
Teachers are in charge of holding their classes, ensuring they host 10 classes minimum each month. These classes are the main part of their job, most of what the teachers do are to plan for the classes and/or including their classes. This brings in “OOC planning” and “IC and OOC grading”.
Classes keep students intrigued in learning, including interactive lessons, work lessons, listening lessons, and more. Sometimes on an easy day, teachers take their students on field-trips, maybe to lighten the mood, embrace the outdoors, or just let their students rest for once.

2. Character Development, in and out of School
Teacher’s don’t just finish a day in school and log off, they are to play their character out of school as well in order to provide character development and keep their character going, differentiating each day. Give their character a potential love life, change their perspectives, their personality in a way, and more. Teacher’s might adopt children, make a family, meet friends, etc. Teachers can also experience situations in school as well, student behaviors, participating in school events, meeting teachers or other staff members, the list goes on. These experiences perhaps have the chance of changing or sprucing up their lessons, frequent students might even pick up on behavioral changes.

3. OOC planning
Teachers are to plan their lessons during their OOC time, this way they’re prepared for their classes and are never figuring it out mid lesson. This not only saves time, but ensures students get their deserved learning experience. OOC planning includes background effort in being a teacher, ensuring each teacher is ready and wanting of this endearing position. Being a teacher is no easy feat, it requires multiple complications which need to be accounted for, and heavy responsibility on those who are accepted for it.

4. IC and OOC grading
It’s only normal for a teacher to grade students’ work, students rely on the response to their work to improve themselves. Without it, they’d never know how they’re doing in school, and won’t know if they’re to improve or are in the expected position. Grades are posted on the discord’s bulletin board and students can ICly view it.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Well, it’s in the name. A school is built with multiple different layers of jobs, the top is the Principal of course. But, the principal or the deans don’t do the teaching, the teachers do. Students’ characters can’t grow and learn without getting taught by teachers while participating in their classes. Teachers are a part of everyday life, whether students grow attached to them, get adopted by them, get to know them, or simply just learn from them. Without students getting proper knowledge from teachers, they’d fail to be an effective part of society.
Teachers also help keep order and keep the school functioning, students may participate in mischief, teachers are there to discipline them and teach them right from wrong; or make an effort to. Without teachers, “SchoolRP” wouldn’t really be a School, it’d just be a roleplay world.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The “Moscow” system, “Must have, Should have, Can’t have, Won’t have.”
I’m not completely understanding of this system, but am 100% willing to figure it out, either through the training if I’m to be accepted or researching it on my own.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plans for the future?

Huy Linh-VuLee, a slim, slightly muscular male. Rarely wore a weary expression, a brighter one of the bunch. He held a mature stature, yet a silly dimple stricken smile that represented his personality. Huy watched and listened at a height of six-three, yet asserted control and dominance in situations which needed. He’d often wear glasses to cover his blue glazed eyes, due to them representing his father, these glasses never affected his vision however. Huy is one to make friends with most people naturally, he could be a jokester, or just someone to talk to. If students at his old job were to summarize him in two words, he’d be the, “Cool Teacher.” His black hair; fluffy and soft, curving around his facial features, giving him a younger yet mature look. Almost looking like a model. His limbs perfectly sized to compliment each other, none too small, long, or wide.
Huy views all students as younger siblings, wanting to give them care and knowledge, preparing them for the world at hand. The troublemakers are ones he can learn to love, nurture, and help grow. His star students aren’t particularly his favorites, but they do seem to lend him a helping hand. A student’s grades shouldn’t matter, Huy believes a students’ behavior is the important part of learning, but grades certainly help for improvement. Huy believes in the efforts of his students with an open-mind.
Huy views his colleagues as friends, some only seen as acquaintances, they’re ones he can go to for help, spend time with, work with, learn with, talk with, and more. He sees his fellow workers as either equals, or superior to him, as he doesn’t view himself as one to be that high. He’ll always treat his colleagues with respect, since it’s a basic manner that he has engraved into his mind.

Huy acts mature yet slightly “let loose”, always holding a grin with his dimples shaping his face into one that holds innocence. Never really messed around, but rarely became serious, he’d be a mix of the two, someone you’d want to be around. Huy was one with words, it’d be uncommon for him to use extravagant words, yet his words had a meaning deep within them filled with comfort. Huy held energy around him, it made him seem more approachable. He rarely raised his voice, not wanting to seem like his birth-father in any way possible.
Huys’ future plans aren’t completely written out, due to him slightly going with the flow. But he stays consistent, planning only to teach his whole life, but retirement is a whole other thing that he hasn’t prepared for yet; since he’s only twenty-nine. Huy has no plans to get to a high or ‘top’ position in teaching, but if the moment comes along, he’s not one to reject an opportunity for enhancement.

Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Huy is vulnerable to the sound of any aggression, he’d immediately locate the source of the unnecessary words and identify the students before clearing his throat and offering a small, friendly wave. He’d hold his usual dimpled grin and keep an open mind, keeping a comfortable distance for all of them. Huy would first identify the problem, and try to understand the situation, staying calm and kind throughout it all with a lighter sounding in his voice to seem more like an older brother. He’d remind the students that cursing and swearing are not allowed in the school walls and are looked down upon. Extinguish the fire while it’s still small. If the students are just wishing to cause trouble, Huy will warn them and look down on them as if lecturing them. Once the situation is settled Huy will then politely take his leave and return to what he was doing before.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Huy waits a moment, giving the class the benefit of the doubt. If the students continue to mess around, he simply makes a loud bang on the floor with his foot, almost like the beginning of a tap dance, attracting the students' attention before going into acting mode. He dramatically acts out a heart attack, falling to the floor and becoming silent, waiting for every student to follow this silence before laughing as he gets back up, continuing the lesson. If the students persist in not listening, Huy would snap his fingers saying, “And Scene.” This is to alert the students that they’re time is up on talking and if they further refuse to listen that they’ll be warned with detention or ignored. Huy admires when students have passion, but when his teaching and others' learning time is taken up with unnecessary speech, he is one to quickly distinguish the interruption(s).

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Huy normally holds the same position, stature, expression, and tone throughout the day. Depending on the situation, time, day, and if anyone or who is in the teacher’s lounge; his presentation could stay the same, or change.

Alone - If alone in the teacher’s lounge, Huy would most likely just relax with a book, studying more languages. He’d always be open to talking with students or other colleagues, so it might be rare to find him settling in the teacher’s lounge.

With others - When presented with other staff members, Huy would keep his dimpled smile and most likely listen while finding a place to sit or lean up against with his strictly straight posture, only commenting on the situation when asked or a certain sentence that enables him to speak is brought up.

With a Certain person - Of course, when alone with a certain person or two, Huys’ actions vary. Either ignoring them, making simple conversation to pass the time, or greeting them and showing them and/or notify them on any news he’d heard while listening to other conversations. The feelings he has on that person can also randomize his actions, he keeps notes on how he views every colleague in a journal.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

First Class
/me
slipped his left hand into his pocket, offering a small, welcoming wave with his right as the students entered the classroom, taking their seats. He looked around at the numerous students, making mental notes of students' first behavioral introductions as he held a warm smile that made his dimples prominent, waving his right hand forward and down in a bowing gesture as his body bowed with it following the polite and simple gesture. He spoke with enthusiasm, &F”Hello students! I’m Mr. VuLee, and welcome to Drama class. Today we’ll start off with the basics of Drama.”
Ecstatic Class
/me
watched as the students start to get too energetic, he waited a few moments before taking his pointer and thumb, applying them to his mouth and blowing to make a decently loud whistle bound around the classroom walls. &F”Alright, Actors, let's get acting! Use that energy to do some,” &#E4C177Tapped his foot dramatically on the floor to impersonate a drumroll, he flicked her glasses in a nerdy way with a smile as he spread his left arm towards the class with an open palm as if introducing the best news possible, &F“Improv!”
A Student’s phone Ringing
/me
watched the student with the ringing phone before bringing up his right hand impersonating it as the ringing phone; he shifted his pinky and thumb up with the rest of his fingers curved into his palm. Then, he brought his 'phone' hand to his ear pretending as if it was ringing and bopped his hand with his right one, signaling that he turned it off as he shoved his hand back into his pocket; all with his ordinary grin on his face, &F”Make sure you turn those phones off! We’re here to learn Actors, not just make noise.”
Dramatic Opening to Class
/me
fanned himself with papers, acting as if in the deathly warmth of a desert landscape. He’d look towards the students, in a begging motion as he let the papers clatter along the floor with an exaggerated tone, &F”Helppp, I’m melting!” &#E4C177He fell to the ground, soon picking himself up, hands on his hips as he looked around at his students, &F”Today’s class assignment, depict how someone would act in a desert landscape without any water and five layers of clothing stuck on them and write out how you'd act that situation!” &#E4C177He handed out the assignment paper, smiling at everyone as he passed them around, &F”Just turn it into me once you’re done!”

Backstory
Huy (Pronounced Huey) Linh-VuLee, nicknamed Lý (Pronounced Lee) by his younger sisters due to the prominent smell of fresh plums that consistently emanated off of him, to which he kept out of love.
When Huy was a baby, born in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, his birth father and (birth) mother often fought in anger. This aided Huy to become the person he is today, soft-hearted, open-minded, patient, and more. He dealt with these fights for around five years, eventually persuading his mother to leave the dastardly, poison ridden man of a father he had. A year later, his first younger sister was born, his step-father was kinder, gentler than his birth father. Huy read his sister stories, but due to Huy’s still aching, bubbling surface of trauma from the fighting of his parents, Nao, Huy’s first younger sister, caught on to the angered tone in Huy’s words as he had tried to learn most of his Vietnamese from the fighting of his parents. This lit a fire in Nao, one that committed her to try and become a business person, striving to be one that can better the world. At the age of nine Huy’s youngest sister was born, he decided that this time, he’d use his newly found fluent softly toned Vietnamese to teach his sister kindness, love, and truth. Story after story, this time told with a gentle, soft tone instead of the trauma influenced words that lined his speech. This is when Huy learned he wanted to do the same to others, teach them respect, honesty, and how to bear the world. He didn’t want others to face life the way he did, especially when his love for acting came from learning the control of emotions from his dead-rotten birth father. He wanted others to embrace love, emotion, and the way they felt in a natural way, not one that’s black hearted. By the age of ten, Huy decided he wanted to become a teacher, researching constantly throughout his school years to enable himself to this position. He focused constantly to maintain a steady straight S grading, eventually graduating top of his class, maybe even school. At the age of eighteen he graduated from his secondary school at International School Ho Chi Minh City (ISHCMC), almost immediately after going to college at HCMC University of Fine Arts. Upon graduating, he was offered to work as an assistant teacher at another high school, he agreed to learn the basics of teaching; leaving that job after three years. After that job, he applied to his old secondary school, ISHCMC as a drama teacher to where he was accepted due to his popularity there from being one of the smartest of the kids that went there. He happily taught for five years before deciding to move to Karakura, Japan where his youngest sister resided. Working at the international school allowed him to pick up on Japanese, as well as learning Japanese, decent English and a small understanding of other common languages from his students at the international school. Huy, still having a passion for teaching and drama and/or acting, decided to apply to Karakura High as a teacher.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):

Huy VuLee
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr.
Given Name(s):
Mr. VuLee
Mr. Lee
Mr. Vu
Mr. Huy
Mr. Lý (Ly)

Preferred Name:
Students - Any of the above
Others - Huy, Lý (Ly, pronounced Lee)

Age (Minimum is 27):
Born - August 23rd 1994

Religious Denomination:
Atheist
Marital Status:
Single
Nationality:
Vietnamese
Current Location:
Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

3 years as an assistant teacher after graduating from university, allowing me to learn the basics of teaching. I then spent 5 years working as a drama teacher in a school located in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. The school was named “International School Ho Chi Minh City”, the name explaining the ethnicity range of the school. After happily working there, I decided to move to Karakura, Japan to stay close to my sister who I had taught way back when. In these working experiences I learned more than I ever hoped to, and I’m glad to say that it allows me to strive and be the best I can be.

Academic Degree:
Masters Degree - Performing Arts
From - HCMC University of Fine Arts

Year of Graduation:
HCMC University of Fine Arts, 2015
International School Ho Chi Minh City, 2012

Major(s):
Biomedical Engineering, Performing Arts
Minors:
Psychology
Native Languages:
Vietnamese
Other Languages:
Japanese, English (Mostly understands)

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
I do not.

Extra
Additional notes about your application:

N/A
Do you have any questions?:
N/A

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 104
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Accepted
Welcome to the Teacher Faction! You will begin as an Unqualified teacher (UT)

You will be given your roles in the Academics Discord and afterward will be pinged regarding teacher training. Once your training is complete, you will be allowed to start your own classes!

If you have any questions, please DM me or contact me through the teacher channels in the Academics Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread