Community Team
Event Team
Englandography
Englandography
Omega
What's your Minecraft Username?: Englandography
What's the title of your suggestion?: I.D. Shrine Job Inclusion

What's your suggestion?:
For shrine workers (priests and maidens), our I.D.'s do not include our jobs in them. The way I was described it, this is not a bug, it's a feature. So I thought I'd officially suggest that Priest and Maiden be added as Employment in I.D.'s.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
It's not a big change, but it includes the shrine faction as an official job (because that's what it is) and fixes an issue with I.D.'s.

DivingBlues

Level 55
Shrine Lead
Builder
+1
No offence but if any other faction has it. Then we should top the shrine is the shrine and they work hard to keep the shrine safe

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
+1 I don't know why my faction is left out of certain things like this, I'm sure it's unintentional but if it could be fixed that'd be awesome. Even just "shrine worker" would be fine for the ID name.

soratheonly

Level 55
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
+1
All factions should be included, and it'd be odd that you wouldn't have a job on your ID while having one!

Prizebox

Level 9
I believe the reason for the exclusion might be because it's perceived as a religious activity rather than a government-recognized job. While other factions may have specific roles added, the divide between factions doesnt make it official. If it's for in-character purposes, individuals roleplaying as gravekeepers at the church should have the right to include it on their ID as well, even if it's not an official job but a voluntary in-character commitment to the religion. While some people may argue that the shrine workers receive a paycheck, it doesn't mean that it's a recognized job by the government.

kettlesip

Level 8
kettlesip
kettlesip
Omega+
+1 I would like my ID to be cooler plus we are technically employed, get paid every month and have employee benefits such as health checkups etc etc, occupation!!!

THE England

Level 23
Community Team
Event Team
Englandography
Englandography
Omega
I believe the reason for the exclusion might be because it's perceived as a religious activity rather than a government-recognized job. While other factions may have specific roles added, the divide between factions doesnt make it official. If it's for in-character purposes, individuals roleplaying as gravekeepers at the church should have the right to include it on their ID as well, even if it's not an official job but a voluntary in-character commitment to the religion. While some people may argue that the shrine workers receive a paycheck, it doesn't mean that it's a recognized job by the government.
1) Priesthood is a career. Especially in Japan, where there was a long history where religion and the state were connected. Shrine work is considered a job in Japan, I promise you.
2) Getting paid to work is a job. If you have a stream of income from any form of labor, you have to mark it down as income. Even streamers pay income tax.
3) There's a difference between following and practicing the religion to working at a shrine. Shrines are government property, so shrine workers are government workers by extension, unless you're suggesting that any and all shrine workers are government interns specifically for the religion.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- We'll add something to the ID​

Status