mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Idantification's Student Council Application

What is your Minecraft username?:
Idantification

Any previous warns/kicks/bans?
Unfortunately, I have one previous ban. Nonetheless, it has effectively lapsed. Ideally, that shall be my only ban for the entirety of my time here in SchoolRP, assuredly desiring to keep it that way.

What is your timezone in GMT?
For the sake of convenience, the relative time to BST and EST will be stated too.
GMT +8 | BST +7 | EST +12.

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your Discord username)?
dan ♞#1845

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?
Forums
Heartbreakings' Russian Application [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/heartbreakings-russian-application.17214/
Heartbreakings' Ukrainian Application [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/heartbreakings-ukrainian-application.17215/
Heartbreakings' Mathematics Teacher Application [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/heartbreakings-mathematics-teacher-application.17528/
Recognizings' Russian Application [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/recognizings-russian-application.17861/
Heartbreakings' History Teacher Application [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/heartbreakings-history-teacher-application-change.18626/
BornInTheUSSR's French Application [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/bornintheussrs-french-application.19792/
BornInTheUSSR's Italian Application [Denied]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/bornintheussrs-italian-application.21034/
BornInTheUSSR's Second Italian Application [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/bornintheussrs-second-italian-application.21037/
CaspianReports' Kazakh Application [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/caspianreports-kazakh-application.21214/
CaspianReports' Russian Application [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/caspianreports-russian-application.21215/
Heartbreakings' Second History Teacher Application [Pending]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/heartbreakings-second-history-teacher-application.25814/
Discord Direct Messages
BornInTheUSSR’s College Application [Accepted]
BornInTheUSSR’s College Councillor Application [Accepted]
CaspianReport’s News Reporter Application [Accepted]

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?
For the forums, I would usually read any and all new posts, with a tendency to enjoy reading other applications of all sorts and character biographies, albeit not as much for general posts. I myself have posted several applications and a character biography. When it comes to such applications and biographies, I heavily believe in ensuring that they are of an utmost quintessential quality and consistent with my character's background and storyline. In general, I would say that I’m relatively active on the forums, despite the somewhat low message count.

As for the server, I have a tendency to be very active, even during schooldays. Given that it is a time of national lockdowns worldwide, much more time can be allocated and naturally so. Putting a time frame, I would say a minimum of 10-12 hours a week (an average of 1.6 hours a day) on regular days. Much more time can be allocated onto the server as I am currently done with college and I am only currently waiting for the release of final grades, which is expected to be released in August. In the meantime, I have plenty of free time and preparations for university are on the way. Activity should not be a problem, ideally never. I would like to note that there will also be occasional drops in activity due to being an active participant in ‘Model United Nations’ conferences. As of the 18th of May this year, there are currently six 'Model United Nations' conferences that I will be participating in with their respective times shown in the following :
  • 13th of June to the 14th of June (as Otto von Bismarck | ‘1871 Historical Imperial German Cabinet’)
  • 10th of July to the 12th of July (as the United States of America | ‘Third World War’)
  • 14th of August to the 16th of August (as the Soviet Union | ‘United Nations Conference on International Organization’)
  • 28th of August to the 30th of August (as a Crisis Director | ‘Asian Financial Crisis 1998’)
  • 20th of November to the 22nd of November 2020 (as the Russian Federation | ‘Arctic Council’)
  • 4th of December to the 6th of December (as part of the Secretariat, the organizing committee)
I will almost assuredly participate in more conferences when the opportunity presents itself.

What is the Student Council?
Generally speaking, a ‘student council’ is a representative body of students dedicated into advancing the interests of those who they serve, namely, the students of the school. They are usually democratically elected after a series of nominations school-wide. They serve as an intermediary between the students of the school and the school faculty. They serve their duties ranging from the management of events to the representation of interests. Despite having various similarities, the Student Council of the school within SchoolRP retains significantly distinct characteristics from the world’s norm of student councils.

The Student Council of the Karakura Highschool-College retains an oligarchic structure, whereby a group of students are selected to represent the interests of students as a whole. The selection process is part of a system whereby the incumbent councillors decide on a potential councillor’s membership, based off criteria ranging from experience to sheer merit. On the presumption of acceptance, the new councillor will be equal among his or her peers, serving duties no different from one another. Removal is a rare occurrence, to which it almost resides in absolute within the jurisdiction of the Student Council. Such a system, despite being susceptible to criticism, actually helps to sustain the council and maintain certainty within academic affairs, ranging from the maximization of the usage of merit to the long-term stability of council membership.

The Student Council similarly retains a significant amount of duties entrusted and allocated to them, yet this shall be answered in a later question, whereby the very essence of that question touches on this matter.

Who or what brought you to applying for the student council? (e.g. a friend, colleague, etc)
I believe I should answer this twofold, as my motivations will be made much clearer. The first part shall relate to my original motivations of joining the Student Council back in November last year and the second part shall relate to my motivations of rejoining the Student Council after being removed due to a ban.

The idea of being part of the Student Council came to me when council applications opened a few months after I’ve joined SchoolRP. It was November, 2019, and the applications were open through Discord within the Karakura Academics server. I was somewhat hesitant in applying, because one, I was confused on whether positions on the College Council were available (as the application format made no such distinction) and two, tryouts for a particular athletics team were about to happen (though I have forgotten what were they since). I asked a staff member about the first concern and they told me that they believed they were only for highschool, which was practically the nail in the coffin (as the character I had was in the college). However, the nail never went fully into the coffin. I messaged the Principal (who is still the Principal up to this day) and instead, I was told that college positions were actually available. Unfortunately, applications have closed by then but opportunity knocked as I asked whether I could still apply, to which I was given the greenlight. I sensed a great opportunity to play a greater role within the school, which is what I focus most of my time here in SchoolRP on. I have been a highschool teacher for months and it would be delightful to, one, have new opportunities to improve the school and two, to learn more about SchoolRP in general. Plus, the Student Council is a pinnacle of academics and that made it an opportunity I could not miss.

I scrambled the application format together and filled it up with the eagerness and anticipation. I waited for a few days and good news came knocking. I, along with four others, were accepted! It was a decision I hope the Council will never regret. It was a great opportunity to learn much more about how SchoolRP worked in its academics (as I was still relatively new) and coupled with my role as a highschool teacher, it gave me a wholesome appreciation for the school and its academics. The ban and subsequent removal was a saddening experience. It also marked the complete end of the batch that joined me in the Council on the 26th of November (the date when I was accepted), as the rest of the four were eventually removed or have disappeared and I was the last. It was a truly saddening experience, being forcefully ripped from the field that I contributed much into, but nevertheless, we must look forward and that is my mindset as it stands.

With my ban lifted, there is obviously a natural urge for me to once again apply and return to the Council. Friends remained in the Council, so much work still had to be done, I could never abandon the Council and the school in general. I am quite eager to meet any and all new councillors that have been accepted (to which I have noticed that six new councillors have been added). I want to, by all means, continue to push the Council to the highest of standards, as hoped when I became President of the College Council on the 17th of January this year. Whether I will become President once again or not is of secondary importance to me. I want to continue the work and foundation that has been set. I want to continuously strive for the goals that the Council has envisioned of. It can be done, it will be done and it must be done!

What does the Student Council of Karakura do?
Clearly, the Student Council is entrusted with the duty of representing the interests of the students, both highschool and college. Such interests range from the demand of events to the representation of ideals upheld by the students. The Student Council serves as an intermediary between the students and the school faculty, taking on the demands by students, refining them and submitting them to the school faculty.

In addition, the Student Council is also entrusted towards the enforcement of rules, side by side with the school faculty. A definitive list of rules are clearly engraved within the board outside of the inner entrance to the school within the courtyard and those are the rules which the council is sanctioned to enforce. The suppression against delinquents is also a clear objective within the Student Council, a chronic problem that the Council has been in the frontline against.

Not to mention, event planning is an unique section of SchoolRP that the Student Council has the privilege to be part of, officially sanctioned to have the capacity to plan out events, side by side with the dominant organization for events, the Event Team. It also carries absolute authority (both in-character and out-of-character) over the planning of events by clubs, whereby it triumphs over its dominant counterpart (the Event Team) which only has de facto authority (out-of-character).

The Student Council also retains duties in dependence of the situation within the school, whereby it may be initiated at their own accord or at the direction of the school faculty.

How would you describe your work ethic?
Sometimes, certain principles dominate our lives, whether it is part of our lives or the entirety of it. My work ethics are dominated by two core principles.

The first is evident within most of my applications within SchoolRP and it involves the debate between quality and quantity. There has always been the two polar opposite positions regarding this topic, where if you obtain quality, you may not obtain quantity and if you obtain quantity, you may not obtain quality. I take a third view. When it is possible and appropriate, go for both quality and quantity. It is a motivating factor behind my applications, whereby I willingly spend a significant amount of time into a single application, let it be hours or days. The key, aim for the highest, the highest of standards.

The second is based off a quote by Napoleon Bonaparte, Emperor of the French. It is as follows :
Ability without opportunity is nothing.
-Napoleon Bonaparte, Emperor of the French​
I cannot stress how true such a quote is and it has been a driving factor behind practically everything I do. If I am capable, yet there is no opportunity, then there is no point. Therefore, when opportunity knocks, snatch it! I have put a significant amount of thought into this principle and I have extended it with a quote by Milton Berle. It is as follows :
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
-Milton Berle, American comedian and actor​
I believe there is little that I need to elaborate on this principle. It is truly a wonderful principle to live by.

What interests you the most about the student council?
[The question is repeated within ‘In-Character Perspective Questions’. For the purposes of this application, it will be answered there, as it simultaneously enhances immersion and reflects my genuine views]

Do you have past experience in roleplaying (if so, summarize your experience)?
The entirety of my experience in roleplay has been centered around two forms of roleplay, namely, nation-state roleplays and school roleplays. While I have indeed participated in other forms of roleplay mentioned in the previous question on regards to having roleplay experiences, the two aforementioned in this question are the most significant. In answering this question, I will summarize and explain both separately.

On regards to nation-state roleplays, it has been one of my favourite. I have actively participated in a roleplay of this type that has lasted for almost four years. It originally sprung out in a Creative server and actively maintained by its participants. It started to become more organized as procedures and rules started formulating. Overtime, it has become so prominent that the current state of that nation-state roleplay (legitimately the same one as almost four years ago) has its own server for its participants. My participation of this roleplay has been marked by success, in fields of diplomacy and warfare (within the roleplay), along with active contributions to the procedural side of the roleplay (out of roleplay). Unfortunately, I have backed out from the said roleplay since, but nevertheless, it is a cherished memory that remains in my mind to this day. The following is a summary of my roles in the roleplay :
[Country | Username of the Head of State]
--------------------------------------------------------------
Kingdom of Spain (_GreenJustice_)
-Infantería (Infantry)
-Primer viceministro (Deputy Prime Minister)
German Reich (11thDoctor)
-Brandenburger Infantrie ('Brandenburger' Infantry)
-Generalfeldmarschall (Field Marshal)
-Kanzler (Chancellor)
German Empire (11thDoctor)
-Kanzler (Chancellor)
Ottoman Empire (11thDoctor)
-Niẓām-ı Cedīd Komutanı ('New Order' Commander)
Austro-Hungarian Empire (11thDoctor)
-Magyarország királya (King of Hungary)
German Republic (11thDoctor)
-(No role despite retaining equal powers as the head of state)
Prussian SSR (myself)
-Generalsekretär (General Secretary)
Imperium Romanum (myself)
-Imperator
United States of America (kerstenz)
-Diplomat
-Judge of the International Court of Justice
On regards to school roleplays, it would be my most preferred form of roleplay by far. Compared to nation-state roleplays, it is far more relaxing and enjoyable because one needs not to deal with the administrative/diplomatic burdens and command of military forces associated with nation-state roleplays. It has always been centered around properly attending classes, meeting new people and especially for the case of SchoolRP, learning more about the lore behind Karakura. SchoolRP has been one of the most deeply developed roleplays with extensive lore, which makes it undoubtedly enjoyable. The amount of characters with unique traits, characteristics and backgrounds makes it very interesting to learn about them. Similarly, most of my experience in SchoolRP has been fixated towards being a teacher, to which I am capable in fulfilling that role wholeheartedly and efficiently. I have been a teacher for almost a year now (despite being abruptly halted by the ban) and I believe that serves as a testament to my commitment to the said role. While I retain other roles within the server, this is my golden gem without a doubt.

Note : For certain questions, I may answer it twofold when appropriate, in the perspective of a fellow councillor and in the perspective of the President.
You are on the student council and a member submits an awful idea. What do you do?
The idea must be awful for a specific reason and what one ought to do would be dependent on that reason. For our purposes, we are assuming that this fellow member of the Council has submitted an event idea.

If the event idea is awful due to the lack of content or detail, then improvements can definitely be made. Assistance will be given willingly throughout the Council to improve on this idea so that it can be perfected.

If the event idea is awful due to its very essence, then I would immediately challenge the event idea. This is where the position of this member comes into play. If they are a fellow councillor, then the challenging would continue until the President makes a decision on the idea, to which I will respect whatever it is. If they are the President, I will continue to voice my concerns but I will respect whatever decision he or she makes.

You submit an idea - everyone hates it. How do you deal with the situation?
I would have to immediately ask for opinions regarding the idea, such as the problems with it and any possible improvements. I would modify and improve the idea accordingly and hopefully, it would gain the support of other fellow councillors. If the idea still receives significant opposition (albeit there has been increased support), then it depends on the purpose of the idea. If the idea is not absolutely essential and I suspect that majority support has not been achieved, then I would rest my case. If I figure that I may have majority support, I would attempt to push a vote for it.

There is a split decision on an idea. The councillors begin to debate if the idea should be accepted. As time goes on, the debate turns into an argument! How do you handle the situation?
For our purposes, we are assuming that I have no particular opinion on the idea that is being debated on.

As a fellow councillor, I would intervene immediately without hesitation, with my goal being to calm both sides down. I would recommend both sides to take a few minutes off before coming back to the issue. If both sides can be calmed, then the debate can proceed smoothly. If the argument continues, I would immediately attempt to address the point of contention that caused the spark. Reasonableness is key here and I would utilize it to attempt to find a compromise between both sides. If that fails, I would attempt to get the President to immediately intervene, recommending that they do not take a side and instead demand that both sides take some time off.

As the President, I would intervene immediately without hesitation, with the goal remaining the same. I would recommend both sides to take a few minutes off before coming back to the issue. If both sides can be calmed, then the debate can proceed smoothly. If the argument continues, I would immediately attempt to address the point of contention that caused the spark. However, if the argument has intensified too severely, I may utilize the threat of sanctions if both sides continued under my capacity as the President. Otherwise, being an authoritative figure, I should be able to push both sides back into proper decorum. If all else fails, I will immediately throw out the idea completely, even if it draws the resentment of the whole Council. Saving the Council is more important than what my fellow councillors think of me, because if my fellow councillors are continuously at each other’s throats, nothing can be achieved.

A councillor is stirring up problems and abusing their position on school grounds! What would you do?
I would immediately bring them aside and talk to them privately about their troublemaking and abuse of power. If they do not listen, then what comes next depends on my position.

As a fellow councillor, I would try to get other fellow councillors to help in this endeavour. If it still fails, I will defer the issue to the Council President and I will respect and uphold their ultimate decision.

As the President, I would definitely be surprised that they are refusing to listen as I have direct jurisdiction over them. If they refuse to listen to the President, it is highly unlikely that they would listen to a fellow councillor. In that scenario, I would immediately discuss the situation with my fellow President colleague of the other council. If need be, removal will become a viable option. Naturally, chances will be given to this councillor before removal becomes absolute.

The council president says something you completely disagree with, how would you combat this?
This is a very interesting question to answer, especially considering that I will be answering this in both perspectives. For our purposes, we are assuming that the council president has suggested an idea that is significant and that modification or having a compromise is impossible.

As a fellow councillor, there are clearly grounds on why I would disagree with the council president and when it comes to the Council, I place enormous emphasis on reasonableness and practicality (within the bounds of a Minecraft server). Upon the announcement of the idea, I would immediately question it respectfully on the aforementioned grounds if they are the ones in question. The key here is to allow fellow councillors to be aware of the possible concerns that the idea brings. If the President manages to completely address my concerns satisfactorily, then I would rest my case. However, if the President fails to do so, I would immediately continue the challenging of the idea. This is where splits in scenario become necessary.

If the President puts the idea to a vote, I would respect the ultimate decision of the vote. If the President decides to push the idea without a vote, I would immediately force a secret-ballot strawpoll vote on the idea to see the popular support of the idea. If it is in favour of the idea, I would rest my case. If it is in opposition to the idea, then I would show the President the results. If the President is not convinced and continues on, then another split in scenario is necessary. If the idea is something that still has some value to it, I will no longer challenge the President and instead see how it goes. If the idea was horrid as such that it completely backfired on the President, it is a lesson learnt the hard way. If the idea worked well, I would rest my case. However, if the idea is something so radical that it is destructive to the Council… may it never happen, I will never back down from the defense of something I hold dearly, especially when it is under threat from its own President!

As the President of one of the councils, whereby my fellow President colleague of the other council has suggested something I completely disagree with, I would talk to them privately about the matter and I would address my concerns in a similar manner to that of how I would do as a fellow councillor, except this time within a private conversation. If we continue to disagree, then a vote would be made and I will respect the ultimate result of the vote. It is impossible for my fellow President colleague to deny a vote, as I am a fellow President and I retain equal rights and obligations as them.

There’s a staggering amount of tension/drama between two councillors. It’s beginning to affect their work ethic; how would you try to help?
In dependence of my own personal relationship with the two councillors, I would immediately intervene once the opportunity presents itself. My first strategy would be to first try to resolve the issue that caused the tension and drama between the two councillors. Eliminating the root of the problem is the most effective way to end the entirety of the situation, yet it is also the most difficult to achieve, as this ‘root’ may be severely entrenched between the two (e.g. long-term personal vendetta). Nevertheless, the key here is to make sure that both of the councillors confront and settle the issue that is causing the tension and drama. Under no circumstance should the root of the problem be merely stonewalled and buried under the ground, as this is extremely counterproductive. It would merely turn their aggressive posture into a passive-aggressive posture, which is far more worse than the former. In order to assist with this strategy, the entire situation will be dealt with privately, so that both of the councillors would be truthful while pressure is minimized.

In the scenario that nothing has worked, removal will become a viable option. However, this is where a decision maker would be between a rock and a hard place. There may be instances when irreplaceable councillors are involved in such a situation, whereby their removal may partially or completely cripple the functioning of the Council. This is where I will answer twofold.

As a fellow councillor, under the presumption that the situation has become uncontrollable despite my best efforts, I will defer the issue to the President of the Council. I will attempt to advise them on the best routes possible with the best available information, ranging from how it should be done to the consequences of doing so. Whatever their ultimate judgement is, I will respect and uphold it.

As the President, there are two ultimate factors that I will have to weigh for each of the two councillors. The first is their importance within the Council. They may be the organizer of meetings or a long-term secretary. There is a strong dependence on whether their duties can be taken on by another councillor. The second is the long-term consequences of keeping them within the council. For example, one of the two may be severely toxic as a result of the situation and keeping them will surely cause problems. After weighing the two factors against each other, I would make an ultimate and decisive decision. These are general rules and it is impossible for me to list down all the possible scenarios within this application, but such situations will always be handled with reason and fairness.

Note : Every single answer from here onwards will be in the perspective of my character. Accordingly, the questions have been modified in wording to suit this ‘in-character’ perspective, without tampering with the essence of the question. It is posed as if it is an interview for purposes of immersion.
Name of the Applicant :
Dominique James Marshall

Gender of the Applicant :
Male

Age of the Applicant:

Phone Number of the Applicant :
449-488-209

An Observation of the Applicant’s Personality (A Brief Summary) :
Only a handful have observed the complete personality of Dominique, as most would only see the working-environment side of him. Yet, it is clear that two personality traits of his retain significant influence over what he does. Observe, for it may not be obvious.

Confrontation is something he utilizes to a great extent in his duties. Couple him with a position of authority and he would crush his opponents, tactically, strategically and operationally. There is no better example than the period when he held the Presidency of the College Council. He completely abhors delinquents and delinquency is the battlefield that he throws himself into. Confront the delinquent, engage them verbally through superior intellect, crush them tactically. Force the delinquent to stop what he does, invoke moral and administrative authority, crush them strategically. Begin academic pressure on delinquency as a whole, crush them operationally. However, this trait of being confrontational isn’t always evident. If confrontation risks his position in a considerable degree, he would hold off as perhaps, the endeavour is not worth the risk. He is aggressive when the opportunity presents itself, but he is not foolish. If confrontation is impossible, a distinctly different avenue is available, one that has always been his favourite…

Secrecy. Silence. Watch from afar, await for opportunity. Speak not, ignorance is strength. He is extremely secretive in his objectives, even more so secretive in his methods of achieving so. He emphasized secrecy in the launching of Project ‘Delinquency’. He enjoys watching from afar, keeping in check all that he sees. Commit a wrongdoing on school grounds, he will know, yet you may never see him confront you about it, you may wonder why. May your wondering never come to a conclusion, for he is always a step ahead of you, for the long term lies in his hands.
While all deception requires secrecy, all secrecy is not meant to deceive.'
-Sisella Bok​

Appearance/Attire of the Applicant :
Dominque’s appearance isn’t the most interesting of all subject matters, merely having blue eyes, rough hair and a retainer of a good build. However, his choice of attire is a point of interest. Anyone who has seen Dominique knows that he frequently, if not always, wears the uniform of the College Student Council. It is not because he somehow has no other outfits, a rather questionable, if not insulting, proposition. Dominique wears so for a simple reason and that is the desire to look formal. He takes formal clothing with the highest regard, as it symbolizes professionalism and strict decorum. Additionally, it is pretty comfortable for him. You would never see him wearing otherwise, because that is Dominique for you.

‘What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?’
“The most significant distinguishing factor between me and other applicants is the fact that I was a former Councillor and President of the College Council, along with experience gained as a result. I was admitted to the College Council on the 26th of November, 2019 and I was elevated to the Presidency of the College Council on the 17th of January, 2020. I have participated in an overwhelming majority of events and meetings held by the unified Council. Accordingly, I have also initiated several projects and directives directly aimed at improving the school as a whole, such as Project ‘Delinquency’ that I believe is still ongoing. Unfortunately, I was unexpectedly relieved by the school administration on the 5th of May, as it appears that a controversy erupted regarding me. It was surprising, truly, one that I surely did not expect. Nevertheless, I was informed not long after that the controversy subsided and that my eligibility for re-application was confirmed, to which it is where I am now.

Another considerable distinguishing factor between me and other applicants is my sheer magnitude of dedication towards the Council. I spent a significant amount of my time and effort into improving the state of the highschool-college while trying to continuously empower fellow Councillors, so that they could play a more greater and decisive role within academic affairs. Additionally, I have embarked on several attempts with the President of the Highschool Council to solidify greater inter-relationships among fellow members, albeit the result of the attempts remain hotly debated. I believe that all that I have done during the entirety of my time within the Council serves as a genuine piece of evidence for this distinguishing factor.

I am confident that there are significantly more distinguishing factors than the ones I’ve stated, but nevertheless, I believe the stated two are the most important as it stands. Everyone is different, everyone has their own specialties.”

‘Why do you want this position?’
”Oh surely, as a former councillor who was removed not at one’s own accord, there is the natural desire to return to the Council. It is where I stood and it is where I wish to return to. I have greatly enjoyed my experience within the Council, having learned a lot, being able to lead it and making good friends within it. I deeply miss having to think about what to do in terms of improving the school, I deeply miss being able to participate in meetings that the Council holds and I surely deeply miss being able to spend time with my friends within the Council in the way we used to. Of course, as I am the former President of the College Council and my removal is relatively recent, me being accepted back to the Council would immediately raise the question of my thoughts on the incumbent Presidency. Let me tell you, the fact that the Presidency of the College Council is currently taken by someone else is completely fine, as whether I’m President or not is secondary. I wish them the best of luck in their endeavors and leadership, as the torch has passed on from me to them. Point being, being part of the Council as a regular councillor in itself makes me happy. It is where I thrive, it is where I am able to make most change, it is where I am able to make a difference.”

‘What interests you the most about Student Council?’
”The Student Council, undeniably unique. Being the representative body of students within the highschool-college, it has a level of opportunities superseding most other school organizations. Let it be administrative responsibilities or event management, they all fall under the scope of opportunities for a councillor. Such a sheer level of opportunities would naturally attract any dedicated student, eager to advance their skills. It is not difficult to imagine that it is very possible that the future leaders of our nation would have been part of student councils. Leadership, diligence, helpfulness, all will be tested within the Student Council.

The Student Council itself has unique properties. There are two separate councils, namely the Highschool Council and College Council. This type of division exists for practically most organizations within the school, such as the football team or the swim team. The division is usually absolute, but the Council does not follow this pattern. Let me explain. There is a significant degree of rivalry between several athletic teams, which in some cases result in total estrangement, as a result of this division. Practically all the athletic teams have suffered this problem, having received multiple reports on this issue during tenure as the President of the College Council. The Student Council, however, they are practically one. The division is merely nominal, having almost no practical effect. The President of the Highschool Council can very well influence college councillors and vice versa. I recall during my tenure that when there are issues within the Highschool Council, I would occasionally be contacted by Gloria Buckles, who I believe is still the incumbent President of the Highschool Council and we would deal with them. The same went for issues within the College Council, where I would consult her instead. Point being, this unity is truly unprecedented and has only been, and will only be, held by the Student Council for the foreseeable future.

Surely, there are far more things and properties about the Student Council that interests me deeply, but of course, as we know, we are down on time and I believe moving on is a good choice, as time constraints practically necessitate it.”

‘What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?’
“A safe and fun environment, interesting question. I believe it is best if I address both separately, as surprisingly, they don’t exactly go hand-in-hand as far as I’ve seen. Indeed, they are overlaps, but for the sake of simplicity, I will answer so.

The school itself has a high degree of security as of late. As far as I’ve noticed, criminality and gangsterism within school grounds has plummeted significantly. Nevertheless, the fact that students still engage in such activity is a significant concern and a chronic problem, both for the school administration and students as a whole. The Student Council has particularly eyed on this issue and has taken measures in order to combat the aforementioned issue. As a whole, however, I would say the school is pretty safe, in comparison to how it once was when even murders occurred within school grounds. Now, note that I am referring very strictly to criminal and gang-like activity. This is distinguished from people merely being ‘delinquents’, which is something I will address completely separately.

I personally believe the school administration has done a lot to make the school a much more fun place as of late. They’ve cleaned up several ‘issues’ within athletic teams and increased the amount of available athletic games, such as dodgeball and basketball coming out not long ago. The amount of athletic games would always serve as an avenue of entertainment and enjoyment for students and even school faculty. Additionally, school events have always consistently held, under the jurisdiction of the Student Council. The routes of a ‘fun environment’ are already present, a milestone in itself.

Now, that being said, delinquents, the troublemakers, they always undermine the prospect of a good, safe and fun environment. They create the exact opposite, a toxic and horrid environment. Significant measures have been taken against such students. During my time as a councillor and President, they have been consistently dealt with and there is no reason on why this route of action would change if I am once again accepted back into the Council. I launched Project ‘Delinquency’ for this exact reason, with its name bearing its namesake. The key here is to continuously place pressure against delinquents, for they have no place within the school. The quicker we decisively deal with them, the better the school will be. It takes an iron will to do so and surely it will. Mobilize the entirety of the Council to intervene in an ongoing fight, so be it! Call upon the school faculty to deal with troublemakers with their administrative powers, so be it! Recommend suspension or expulsion if need be, so be it! Deduce by a simple corollary, my position on delinquents is clear.”

‘Thank you for coming to this interview. Your application will head onto review by the Student Council. Have a good afternoon.’
“Oh, thank you for taking the time to hold the interview, and likewise, have a good day.”

hebwig

Level 111
DENIED

- Due to your ban, the council no longer has interest in working with you. Thank you for taking the time to apply.

Users who are viewing this thread