mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted IDYLI'S (amadoo) MFL TEACHER APPLICATION

pvpstarr

Level 65
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
The account I'm applying on is automagicals (now IDYLI), I usually play on my main, amadoo.

How old are you?:
If its fine, I'd rather not say, but if you need it, DM me on discord, styupid #3828.
Do you have any previous bans?:
No, I do not.

What Country are you from?:
I am from the United States of America, and I live in the state of Michigan.

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?):
Yes, my Discord (as mentioned before) is styupid #3828.

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?:
Yes, I acknowledge and understand most answers are found in the "roleplay documents" section of the forums.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I do acknowledge that if I am inactive I will be demoted.

Do you understand that all classroom activity must be documented on the "Teacher Roster" thread?:
Yes, I understand that all classroom activity must be documented on the "Teacher Roster" thread.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:

My (now) alt account's applications.
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/language-application-for-pvpstarr.9642/
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/pvpstarrs-language-app-2.9672/
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/language-app-for-pvpstarr-3-3rd-tries-the-charm.9704/
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/music-teacher-bookstorerobber.11920/
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/denied-bookstorerobbers-music-teacher-application-✘.12080/
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/geography-application-automagicals.12980/
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/denied-「school-council-application-▏automagicals-」.13559/
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/「automagicals-gymnastics-application」.13771/
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/☀-automagicals-ukrainian-application.14042/

My (now) main accounts applications
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/✿-amadoos-chef-application.14052/
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/✿-amadoo-ukrainian-language-application.14139/

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:

My motivation for becoming a teacher is that since school just started here in the U.S., and seeing all my teachers teach us has inspired me to be a teacher, and of course, I want to pursue this in real life, but, I'm a far-way-away from college, so this is the closest I can get to teaching children. I also really love teaching people, and while this is a challenge, its one I'm willing to take on.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?:

Yes, I have loads of experience in roleplaying. In 2016, I used to watch Aphmau and other roleplay youtubers, and I became very fond of roleplay. I played on a server called PanemMC, which has sadly closed, and we used to roleplay hunger games, and I used to also play on a small Harry Potter RP/MagicRP server (not Potterworld), which has now also closed.

Have you read the Faculty Handbook?:

Yes, I've read it before, and just re-read it. All 21 pages.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:

Classroom logs are where teachers record what happened that day, and any additional information about the class. It's very detailed and leaves out no part. They are important because the (Vice) Principal can see what the teacher did, and if they did what they're supposed to.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?:

First, I'd need to talk to whoever is in charge of SRP Teachers OOCly, giving them all the information. Then I'd need to talk to the Principal ICly, giving them all the information about the field trip, the money and equipment needed.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

1) Eating is not allowed, as there are over 500 students and many of them have allergies with different effects. (I.E. some might be airborne, some might be if they are close to it, etc.)
2) Devices will not be allowed, unless I say otherwise. If you want to bring your own laptop when we need it, that's fine, if not, we have laptops. Phones must be turned off, unless for medical reasons.
3) Leave all negative things at the door. This is a classroom, with LEARNING involved.
4) Use common sense. If a student says "I think the answer is yellow." When the answer is Tuba, don't snicker, also know when to make jokes.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):
In general, I've had a lot of RP experience. We all roleplay from a young age, whether it is "House" or "Knight", we all have roleplayed, and sometimes without knowing it. I've been roleplaying on Minecraft since it came out. Like I said before, I used to watch Aphmau and other roleplay youtubers, and I became very fond of roleplay. I played on a server called PanemMC, which has sadly closed, and we used to roleplay hunger games, and I used to also play on a small Harry Potter RP/MagicRP server (not Potterworld), which has now also closed.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD:
These teachers are the boss of everyone in their department, they make lesson plans, they give teachers lesson plans, they can train trainees, and they are basically the boss of their department. [Head Department]

- QTLS: These teachers are normal teachers, they generally do not have to worry about mistakes. They can start classes without the consent of their Head of Department, they are allowed to have trainees in their class, but are not allowed to train them. [Qualified Teacher and Learning Skills]

- NQT: NQT's can teach lessons, they are allowed to start one on their own. Although, this teacher will have to use the lesson plan the Head of Department's lesson plan that they have planned out. [Newly Qualified Teacher]

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.:

Teachers in Karakura are usually the best of the best, they do not tolerate tom-foolery, and are expected to prepare children for the "Real World". Teachers get either 10K ¥ per five classes or 250K ¥ per month. They are normal people, with the magical ability to weigh work with life, usually creating lesson plans, homework, and quizzes, and then hanging out with friends.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

Teachers are important to a SchoolRP server because, without any, it'd just be TownRP. Schools need at least 20+ faculty members. They need to prepare the students for the "Real World". And if they don't, the students will be in trouble.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

MosCo | Must Have | Should Have | Could Have |

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does she look like? What makes her unique and different? What is her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is her personality like? What is her plan for the future?

Katherine "Kathy" Henson is a black female, she stands at 5'5, age 26, weighing 133lbs. She has a curvy build and an American accent. She has curly brown hair, with round features, her jawline is soft, and she has a soft voice. She majored in Teaching & Music in college, minoring in business. Katherine is from White Sulphur Springs, WV, USA. And was an opera singer for a good 2 years, after moving to Japan.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

She'd get extremely upset, telling them to get inside her classroom, chewing them out, then calling the principal, asking him/her what to do.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

She'd scratch her nails on the chalkboard, attempting to get their attention. If they didn't listen the first time, she'd yell at the top of her lungs, hopefully then getting their attention.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

She acts collective and friendly, joking around with some of the teachers. Talking about the weekend plans, and other events happening around the town.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
sits at her desk, grading papers while the children do their work.
/me sings beautifully, her voice sounding as close to heavenly as you can get, trying to teach them a note.
/me passes out note name mastery tests, saying "You have two minutes to complete this, good luck." then starting a stopwatch.
/me "Go to page 17 in your books." she says, opening the book, flipping to page 17.
/me Points at [student] to answer the question.

Backstory

The Before
Early Life

Katherine "Kathy" Henson was born in White Sulphur Springs, in West Virginia on May 22nd, 1991 growing up with cartoon shows like Pokemon, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, and Fairly Oddparents. As a kid, she had a normal life, going to the elementary school, learning elementary level things, then the high school, and then the middle school. Her mother, Anne Mary Henson (nee Walters), and her father, Colonel James A. Henson, named her after the meaning of Katherine, (Pure and Clear).

Middle School

In Middle School, she took World Languages for 3 years, learning the basics of French, Spanish, and German, all for 16 weeks. They also learnt braille and ASL and moving onto some other languages such as Russian, Korean, and Latin, for 1 or 2 weeks. After a few weeks, they moved onto the history of English. There, in World Languages, she developed her love for the German language.
Middle School was also a rough time for her, hormones starting, crushes, puberty, bullying, all the great things with life. She was kind there, in middle school, and just wanted to survive.

High School

In High School, Katherine got a bit more popular, rocketing from 300 to 3 in 3 days. She became friends with one of the popular girls, named Arianne- which transformed her, completely making her into a popular kid, her ego changed, along with her friend group, and she didn't know it at first. She finally thought she was getting everything she ever wanted. And she never realized- who she transformed into-- until she went to college.

College

Katherine finally got her wake up call. She came down from the moon and back to the earth. She finally became the polite, smart, nice girl she was before. She studied Teaching and Languages in College, she found many friends there and altogether had a fun time.
And then she met Damien.
Damien was her first boyfriend, other than Jack from 3rd grade. He was abusive and hated her. Katherine was a prize, that Damien didn't love. They were in an abusive relationship for almost 2 years, when she finally decided to stop dating him.
It was the best decision she ever made in her entire 19 years of life.

She studied Language and Teaching during her time at college, putting her best effort into it, and getting A+'s in all of her classes. And then, she finally accomplished her dream.

The Now
After Graduation

After graduation, she lived with her parents for a month, then moving into an apartment with a random group of girls. She never really made note of them, but she just went on to be a teacher at a local middle school, teaching English Language Arts. She was fine at it, but she didn't want to teach it.

She decides to look around and finds Karakura, Japan. A suburb of Tokyo, she moves there, applying for the local High School. Waiting, and Waiting, for a response.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name:
Katherine Mary Henson
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Ms. Henson
Given Name(s): Kathy, Kate.
Preferred Name: Katherine or Kathy is fine.

Religious Denomination: Catholic
Marital Status: Unmarried

Nationality:
American
Current Location: Tokyo, Japan.

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):
Working Experience (# of years): 7

Academic Degree:
Masters Degree

Year of Graduation:
Major(s): Teaching & Languages
Minors: Business & Design Tech

Native Languages:
English
Other Languages: Japanese, German

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
Yes, A TEFL certificate. (OOC: I got confused about this, so I assume that you can just decide if you have it ICly, but correct me if I'm wrong.)
Preferred Teaching Subject: MFL ( Modern Foreign Languages ) - preferably German, but any is fine.

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any):
Yes, the edit(s) was due to my backstory for Ms Henson not posting. And some unanswered questions
Do you have any questions?: No.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread