mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

If people love a person who did bad things, are they really bad?

soratheonly

Level 64
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
This question struck my head, it's essentially like how megamind did a bunch of bad evil things but was still nice to his lil dog robot things and minion and eventually caring for everyone. What do yew guys think!!? ^_^

soratheonly

Level 64
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
Bonus; mention any villain characters who ended up to be good guys despite having once been the villain!! (Megamind is mine)

DivingBlues

Level 73
Shrine Lead
Builder
This is a good question but it’s also so complex. In my opinion… it’s all about perspective. If you’re with or against the person or you know or don’t know them is always going effect your outlook on what they say do and everything.

My honest personal opinion. No, no one is the villain or the hero of a story and never will be. I know that completely blows over the idea of protagonists and antagonists but they’re only created from what the person creating the story wants you to see and what their perspective is. My favourite quote of all time is “while he was seen as a hero to all, to those who suffered he was seen as the greatest villain.” Its all about perspective and who’s side you stand on and what you believe in. I could be routing for what some would call the villain while I see them as the hero.

SIMPL3Z

Level 105
Community Team
Lore Team
It's mostly subjective whether someone is a good or bad person

It's about your own morals, opinions and relationship to the person and their actions; is your relationship with them good or bad? Are their actions against your morals/opinions? Do the bad things outweigh the good stuff, or vice versa?

It's a very subjective process of forming your opinion of someone and something, a prime example is politics. Everyone has their own opinion and morals, and if a certain politician goes against them, why would they vote for a bad person?

Just perspective and insight into your own opinions and morals.

soratheonly

Level 64
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
This is a good question but it’s also so complex. In my opinion… it’s all about perspective. If you’re with or against the person or you know or don’t know them is always going effect your outlook on what they say do and everything.

My honest personal opinion. No, no one is the villain or the hero of a story and never will be. I know that completely blows over the idea of protagonists and antagonists but they’re only created from what the person creating the story wants you to see and what their perspective is. My favourite quote of all time is “while he was seen as a hero to all, to those who suffered he was seen as the greatest villain.” Its all about perspective and who’s side you stand on and what you believe in. I could be routing for what some would call the villain while I see them as the hero.
Oh 100%, but what if you also add those who are just pure evil?

soratheonly

Level 64
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
It's mostly subjective whether someone is a good or bad person

It's about your own morals, opinions and relationship to the person and their actions; is your relationship with them good or bad? Are their actions against your morals/opinions? Do the bad things outweigh the good stuff, or vice versa?

It's a very subjective process of forming your opinion of someone and something, a prime example is politics. Everyone has their own opinion and morals, and if a certain politician goes against them, why would they vote for a bad person?

Just perspective and insight into your own opinions and morals.
This is also a good mention on it!! I like how you bring more in on opinions while diving had perspectives

SIMPL3Z

Level 105
Community Team
Lore Team
but what if you also add those who are just pure evil?
Pure evil is again an opinion...

Religious people might see the devil as pure evil but then you have Satanists who see him as good.

It's very tricky to really define someone as 'pure evil' which EVERYONE would accept and agree with

ErikFinster

Level 150
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
Absolute vs. Relative
Are there objective and absolute right and wrong?
Or are there grey areas? Gradients? Perspectives?

Consequentialist vs. Non-consequentialist
What does count more? Intention or outcome?

Individual vs. Collective
Are you individually responsible for the things you do and how you react to things that happen to you?
Or are you collectively responsible, within your group and larger societal context?

Regardless of the unanswered question defining good and evil - you can absolutely love a person that is doing evil things.
Maybe you love them FOR those evil things. Especially because they are evil. Being loved and being evil are non-exclusive and non-binary categories.

soratheonly

Level 64
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
Pure evil is again an opinion...

Religious people might see the devil as pure evil but then you have Satanists who see him as good.

It's very tricky to really define someone as 'pure evil' which EVERYONE would accept and agree with
Pure evil as in doing the worst to everyone with no reason, purely for the thrill essentially. Not taking in any opinions but on the literal scale

soratheonly

Level 64
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
Absolute vs. Relative
Are there objective and absolute right and wrong?
Or are there grey areas? Gradients? Perspectives?

Consequentialist vs. Non-consequentialist
What does count more? Intention or outcome?

Individual vs. Collective
Are you individually responsible for the things you do and how you react to things that happen to you?
Or are you collectively responsible, within your group and larger societal context?

Regardless of the unanswered question defining good and evil - you can absolutely love a person that is doing evil things.
Maybe you love them FOR those evil things. Especially because they are evil. Being loved and being evil are non-exclusive and non-binary categories.
This is a beautiful selection of questioning with the question. Now I give you this question; if you have no select, if your opinion is that grey-area, could anyone be good or evil?

SIMPL3Z

Level 105
Community Team
Lore Team
Pure evil as in doing the worst to everyone with no reason, purely for the thrill essentially. Not taking in any opinions but on the literal scale
There isn't really a way to exclude opinions. Opinions (and morals for that matter) are the base of how we label something as good or bad (pure or evil)

If someone is doing the worst to everyone for no reason, there are bound to be people agreeing with it/in favor of it, who don't seem them as evil

Mialyansa

Level 70
No. You can love a person who did bad things. You have freedom to choose who you associate with.

However it is also not bad to leave someone who did bad things, because as stated before, you are free to choose who you interact with.

I enjoy kantian ethics a lot. If I am gonna have morals, I am gonna try to make them coherent.

Last edited:

soratheonly

Level 64
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
There isn't really a way to exclude opinions. Opinions (and morals for that matter) are the base of how we label something as good or bad (pure or evil)

If someone is doing the worst to everyone for no reason, there are bound to be people agreeing with it/in favor of it, who don't seem them as evil
Putting opinions aside as in everyone sees it as the absolute worst (so it's the absolute worse in that opinion of the person)

soratheonly

Level 64
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
No. You can love a person who did bad things. You have freedom to choose who you associate with.

However it is also not bad to leave someone who did bad things, because as stated before, you are free to choose who you interact with.

I enjoy kantian ethics a lot. If I am gonna have morals, I am gonna try to make them coherent.
Now may I ask you, could someone be bad even though they did good things? For example, I just saved an almost extinct species, but then I became a villain like say joker but without a care for batman

soratheonly

Level 64
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
Love isn’t bounded nor is it limited , you are not responsible for someone’s actions , if they love and appreciate you like there your world , then no , it’s not a bad thing , however if they ever risk something over you , then it’s a bad thing

you can love someone who’s done bad things , no one has to justify love , as there is no form of perfect love as there is no form for a normal person , everyone is unique and everyone’s love is unique

remember , Normal is boring , be different
But isn't your normal someone else's different? So if you're being different, perhaps it's another's normal. With that question, what is different then?

SIMPL3Z

Level 105
Community Team
Lore Team
Putting opinions aside as in everyone sees it as the absolute worst (so it's the absolute worse in that opinion of the person)
Well yeah but then it's still up to the people and their opinion/morals if they can/still love this person or not...

does the good outweigh the bad for them, etc.

Mialyansa

Level 70
Now may I ask you, could someone be bad even though they did good things? For example, I just saved an almost extinct species, but then I became a villain like say joker but without a care for batman
Yes, this type of people can exist. Usually because of following incoherent morals.

DivingBlues

Level 73
Shrine Lead
Builder
Oh 100%, but what if you also add those who are just pure evil?
Pure evil? Pure evil is rare, but even then some people who are have motivations, desires or dreams that they believe are correct and they execute them. Someone who is ‘pure evil’ might just be in the wrong head space, manipulated or believing they’re doing good.

Sashabelle

Level 36
sashabelle05
sashabelle05
Notable
This question struck my head, it's essentially like how megamind did a bunch of bad evil things but was still nice to his lil dog robot things and minion and eventually caring for everyone. What do yew guys think!!? ^_^
As diane from BJH once said. . "There's no such thing as "bad guys" or "good guys." We're all just... guys, who do good stuff sometimes and bad stuff sometimes. And all we can do is try to do less bad stuff and more good stuff, but you're never going to be good because you're not bad."

Users who are viewing this thread