Do you have a microphone?:
Yeaaah

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:
MST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Of course

Describe your activity on the server:
I’m a decently active player, typically on a few hours a day, everyday. Some days, however, I’ll be on more than hours. It really depends, though.
– – – –
I have four accounts in total - atjayy, loredevil, luvnjayy, and ikilledcon (the one i'm applying on.) All three of the other accounts play a major role in the server, such as one being a doctor account, while the other one is apart of the Female Bobcats Volleyball Team. I’m active on all four of my accounts, but the one i’m applying on is new, so the playtime is low. - All together, though, I’ve been on the server for over a year and a half? - I’m coming up on two years soon. I’ve been fairly active throughout the last two years, only really taking small breaks in between.

Do you have any previous bans?:
No, I was given a warning for instigating an argument, but other than that - my record is clean. That happened a while ago.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

Priest - Council
Media - Event
Doctor

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
MAIN:

(atjayy) Tokujiro Heddo - Grade-12

While my main account isn’t apart of anything, other than being an ‘average’ Grade-12 highschooler, I find myself role playing throughout the school, as my character is well known.

ALTS:

(luvnjayy) River Bailee - [Volleyball] Grade-12

Another one of my accounts I play on daily. I had recently joined the team not too long ago, so I roleplay with the team and its members.

(loredevil) Vladimeru Zmijewski - [Doctor]
My second most active account, apart from my main. You’ll usually see me on this account daily, often treating and roleplaying with patients and coworkers.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
History

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
I’ve been looking for something to do, rather than just saving lives on my doctor account and hitting a ball. . I actually want to use the knowledge I have on History, and everything around it, for use. - I took a few years of History during my peak in highschool, so I already have a bunch of ideas I’d love to throw out and experience with others. Another motivation leading to this application is my lack of social skills, so maybe this would be a great way to get to know more people around the server.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Of course - it’s the same with each faction

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Teacher logs work the same as any other Quota log for each faction - except it’s a bit more detailed, at least when logging all of it. You’ll log the classes, the time duration of it, any actions, etc. This is sent to a private thread in the discord server, or however it’s ran for the teacher faction. - They’re important because it tracks the process of your monthly quotas, as well as how much you’ll exactly earn that month - and so the higher ups can see how active you are, and if you need help with anything.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
Rules inside of a classroom are usually forced to by the principal, as part of their job, atleast. . Though, some teachers like to adjust those rules, and or add onto them so it’s safer inside. I don’t believe every rule has to be followed - and some could be bent if carefully enacted upon. - Rules are usually listed on a board, or on one of those erasable, plastic boards.

Some teachers prefer to make their own rules, as well as adjust them to their liking, and whatever is comfortable for the students. Down below are the most common / strict rules forced inside a class, and the descriptions I’ve given them:

RULE 1 - ‘RESPECT’

Probably the most valued, or strict, rule on this list.

A classroom is a safe haven for all sorts of students, the teacher included. - Both sides of the party, students and teachers, must respect each other. Whatever happens outside of the classroom, stays outside the classroom. Don’t drag your issues inside with you. Put your trust into your teacher, whether it’s just through a simple lesson, or someone you look up to in your life. Everyone is equal, so treat them likewise. Don’t pick on others because you feel the need to - that’s unnecessary.

RULE 2 - ‘All eyes on me’

The on and off chit-chat is okay, as students are free individuals. But, I believe teachers would like to be acknowledged as their superior inside the classroom, and ask to have their full focus on them. When teaching a lesson, or getting really into a certain topic, I’d prefer if the class focused on that, so they can learn more about what I’m teaching.

RULE 3 - ‘Don’t speak over others’

I might implement a feature in my class room - the talking stick. Each student is given a chance to express their feelings and ideas to one another, and to me, but all at once is a mess. - It’s not necessarily a ‘strict’ rule, so to say, but it should be enforced and expected to be followed fairly throughout a classroom. Everyone has a say in something, whether it’s a question a teacher asks, or a question or concern someone else puts out.

RULE 4 - ‘GIVEN OPPORTUNITY’

This falls under the criteria of the first rule, but it’s such a big topic on its own that it should be written individually as one. - Every student to step through the doors of the classroom is given the opportunity to grow and experience a new change in their life.

RULES 5 - ‘ASK’

T
his tends to be another ‘strict’ rule teachers force upon their students - though, it’s far as to why. All a teacher wants for their students is for them to succeed. Asking for help when needed is very, very looked upon, and rather respected throughout the classroom. Each student deserves to learn, and if they’re showing signs of struggling with the topic, they’re more than free to ask for help.

Here is a shorter, less detailed list of other rules inside of a classroom
  1. Be prepared for the day - Bring your notes, extra paper, your brain. .
  2. Raise your hand / talking stick (similar to rule 2) - Don’t speak over others
  3. Stay seated - Don’t cause a scene; if you need to leave, just ask.
  4. Engage - Ask questions, respond to them - etc.
  5. Arrive on time - Don’t stand by the door and bang on it. - That’s common.
What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I started roleplaying on this server in early 2021, and fell in love since. For around a year or so, I often took breaks and didn’t get too involved with factions, other than Bobcats Track Team in July of 2021. During this time, however, I also played in a volleyball club, and we managed to make it to the tournaments. I started really getting back into DetailRP, as well as SeriousRP, when I started getting involved in more lore-based families and factions. - I’ve been known to make interesting characters who develop a special place in someone’s heart.

Ever since I’ve joined more factions and have gotten involved in more roleplays, I've been looking for others to join.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:

- Head of Department
↳ Description:
It’s in the name -

The Head of Department is the teacher in charge of either the whole teaching faction, or their specific department. An example of this would be: HD - Mathematics, or HD - History. There’s a specific HD per department, and they’re the ones running each department. You’d go to them if you had an idea in mind - a collab of sorts. If you had an issue hosting a class, or running them on your own, you’d go to them for help.

- QT
↳ Meaning:

- Qualified Teacher
↳ Description:
Completely trained, as well as official. A step above the newly qualified teacher - the real deal. These tend to be the teachers that stick around the longest - a step below the HD, but above the rest. They’re certified, for sure. - They have high knowledge on how to deal with situations, and how to host classes the best way possible. Other than the HD’s, these teachers are the most experienced, and can provide help to any teachers in need.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:

- Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description:
The newly hired teachers that underwent their supervision from the principal. UT’s receive this role after being acknowledged by the principal, meaning they’re more required to show up to work and actually host classes. They’re free to host classes to their will, but aren’t around long enough to be a Qualified teacher. The more they work, the more they improve. Sooner or later, you’ll see more Qualified Teachers around.

- UT
↳ Meaning:

- Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description:
Newly hired teachers that have to undergo training. Every new hire starts at this position, despite any previous roles or your history on the topic. This doesn’t determine how much knowledge you have on your subject, but how to really determine whether you’re a good fit or not. They cannot host classes until the principal has viewed their teaching first hand - so, until then, they’re free to wander the school and prepare for their upcoming lessons before the big deal.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

My knowledge:

To my knowledge, most teachers follow a set of given objectives: Plan, execute, manage, and teach. - -

PLAN:
Planning can go multiple ways as a teacher, whether it’s planning a simple lesson, or an entire field trip for the class. The importance of planning, though, is to allow the class to be more interesting - more developed, instead of trying to find something to teach. It’s best to plan lessons days, or even a week or so in advance, so you’re not stumped trying to figure out what to teach.

Most day-plans go through a simple procedure of steps followed throughout that day, or week. These definitions are shortened down.
  • Lesson Topic: This is what you’re planning on teaching that specific day. Teachers will often keep notes, pre-written questions and videos planned for the topic being taught.
  • Objectives: What the teacher is trying to reach, or present to the students. This could be notes for an upcoming test, or knowledge they’ve never learned before. - Either way, this is what the teacher is aiming to get out towards the students.
  • Procedure: Sort of like the planning stage above the actual lesson topic. You’ll write down exactly what you’re planning - any games, videos, or activities for the class.
  • Time management: It’s in the name - make sure your lesson planned out is going to match up with the time you have given to you. If it’s a three day course, make it planned out to be three days long. Of course, accidents happen, and sometimes you’ll have to extend the lesson a day - work around it, so your other lessons don't interfere.
  • Student Practice: This reflects what you’ve taught your students, and to understand if they really got the jist of what you’re teaching them. A good way for a student to practice, would be to issue out quizzes or test, and other

EXECUTE:

Executing the lesson for the day is following up on your plan. - This includes preparing for the day - any lessons, quizzes, or activities for the class to partake upon. Some teachers like to start the day with a lesson, or a quick pre-test depending on how heavy of a topic it is. Those two are an option, though, as some just jump straight into it. - Executing a lesson should take as long as you have planned out, though at times, it’ll escalate, and you’ll lose track.
  • Introduction: Tell your students exactly what you’re going to go over - list plans, objectives, and events within that specific lesson. Go over the steps you have planned out, as well as your time-frame, so your students can follow along and help.
  • Instruction: This is the actual teaching part. It consists of lecturing and following through with your plan, as listed at the beginning of this section. This part is usually the most boring.
  • Interaction: “We-Do” is a better way to put it. For the most part, this is up to the students to test what they’ve learned during the lesson. This could be a game of some sort, or an activity for the teacher to grade.
  • Closure: The ending of the class. - Most of the time, a class is closed out with either a quick knowledge test, or a video of some sort. If the lesson came to an end early, the teacher may let the class sit around for a few.

MANAGE:

Managing a classroom is easier said than done. - Quite like the name mentions, this is managing your classroom, so it’s safer and more enjoyable for the students, as well as the teacher. Without a well managed classroom, students often find themselves drifted away from the lesson - focusing on something outside the classroom. While it is easy to manage your classroom - often times, teachers find themselves losing their students due to lack of classroom management. - Down below are ways a teacher can manage a classroom:
  • Understand your students - Get to know more about your students individually. This can be a monthly thing, or something a teacher does at the start of the school year. - Have your students make a little portfolio on themselves that you can read through in your free time. - The same way works - with you introducing yourselves and making a portfolio for your students to view.
  • Patience - Not every student is going to understand the lesson you’re teaching, and that’s okay. That’s why it’s best for the teacher to be patient, and understand their students thoroughly.
  • Schedule - Sticking to your schedule is one of the best ways to keep track of lessons plans, as well as time management. Create side notes, and plan out how long each section of notes is going to take. If, for some reason, your schedule has to change, work your way around it with an activity for the students - so you have time to adjust it.
  • Engaging - Engaging works both ways, but it’s better for the teacher in the end. Engage with your students by answering their questions, asking them questions, helping them with notes and homework. This shows that you put forth an effort, and you’re willing to help your students. - Another common way to engage your students, would be greeting them at the door as they come into your classroom.

TEACH:

Taking everything written in the previous lists above, and putting it into your lesson. Be active, be willing to work with your students. . But most importantly, teach them. Don’t go to class if you have nothing prepared - and if you do, distract them as you plan something out for that day. There isn’t much detail to be put into this section - but all together, this is all the previous steps combined.

SALARY:

ICly:
All teachers earn a maximum of 500k yen per month. (That’s $3720). NQT has a base pay of 350k yen after completing a total of 10 classes. QT’s base pay is 400k. Each ranking gets an extra 50k for every 5 classes. All together, that’s about 4.2 - 6 Million a year. That’s a lot.

OOCly:
This all depends on the location, what school you’re working for, and how hard you actually work. The most common salary for teachers, at least in America, ranges from about 48.000 to roughly 70.000+, depending on which state you live, your position, and how long you’ve been there. Some countries fluctuate between yearly salaries depending on the country, and the over cost of living. A great example of this would be Japan - 6.1 Million yen is the average take home for yearly salary, at least, recording to background knowledge and research

How do Teachers teach?:

That list of information I included previously ties into this. - Teachers usually have a list of ideas planned out, and what they’re actually going to teach. This is the sort of training most Teachers go through in order to be certified and actually teach. Each Teacher individually changes the course of their work, and the direction their lessons are headed, to their will. Some prefer more interesting lessons that require the use of actual note taking, while others offer the chance of fun activities. It depends on what you’re teaching, really. For example: Science and P.E. tend to have more fun activities, while History, Economics, and anything along those lines tend to be rather boring - more note based than anything. A lot of the time, teachers will host pre-tests at the beginning of a long series of classes relating to a branch of topics, which leads into post-test. This is a common way of testing ‘before’ and ‘after’ knowledge on that topic. This determines how much your students have learned overtime, and what teachers would need to improve on.

SPARE TIME:

At home:

Teachers are people too - they live normal lives. A lot of the time, Teachers are parents, and have kids at home they need to take care of. You’ll see Teachers around, running errands, doing the basic things anyone else would do. - It’s commonly known that Teachers are almost always constantly working - depending on how they do so, atleast. At home, for their spare time, teachers often prepare lesson plans and prepare for the following weeks.

At work:
With what little /free/ time teachers actually have during the day, they spend their free time in the breakroom, conversing with the other employees, or grading students’ work. - Spare time is usually given to a teacher via ‘free-period’, and gives the teacher a chance to prepare for whatever comes next - whether its a test, activity, or anything along the lines of that.

||| DIFFERENT KIND OF TEACHERS |||

There’s all sorts of teachers, both young and old. They teach all sorts of topics to all groups of ages. Down below is a small list of different types of teachers.

• Preschool Teachers
  • Elementary School Teachers
  • Middle School Teachers
  • High School Teachers
  • Special Education Teachers
  • Bilingual Teachers
  • Home-School Teachers (mostly parents)
  • Vocational Teachers

(PROFESSORS AND TEACHERS ARE DIFFERENT!)

OOC Importance:

The importance of teachers is to inspire the younger generation to do better. Whether it’s through simple lessons, or more developed conversations outside of class - the teachers are there for their students. Some students look up to their teachers, more so, as parental figures in this case, as it’s common student’s don’t have that. If there were no teachers in this world, there wouldn’t be such political figures, or representatives to look up to. Knowledge would have to be passed on from parental figures or other lecturers, and since some kids don’t have that, they’d lack that sort of experience.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
It’s in the name. - Without teachers running around, the whole idea of a “School” would go to waste - as there wouldn’t be a purpose of actually going to school. Yeah, there are sports, as well as clubs, but teachers provide lessons and roleplay for the students. The whole idea of role playing out an entire school is to experience an actual ‘school’ environment, rather than a community of sports and clubs. - Teachers provide knowledge for characters, and players, both ICly and OOCly.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
Must have, should have, could have, won’t have. - MoSCoW

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Teruyoshi is definitely one to remember. - He stood at a more average height, 5’9”, with bright green eyes and shoulder length hair. The tattoos on his arms, and the scars on his face, represented his older past - that of which he wasn’t proud of. He came off as a gentleman - like one of those guys that would hold the door open for the entire group. He typically dressed in a more formal, business kind of way . . But, that could’ve have a different meaning behind it. He greeted everyone with a warm smile - both with his lips, and his eyes. What a dream.

I believe he’s unique compared to other characters, simply based on who he is as a person, and where he originated from. With such a struggle growing up, being the only kid, he had a burden to carry on his shoulder for the longest. - He thinks of life as the greatest thing humanity could experience, and honestly, he isn’t wrong. His perception of life is valued way more than anything before - which could be a result of his previous lifestyle. Either way, Teruyoshi stands out from the rest . . Like a blister on a nose, or something. - His tattoos definitely told a story.. Or a whole series of books - find out.

- - - -

Teruyoshi believes in everyone, both his students, and his colleagues.

Students:
Every student deserves a new way of life, and to be loved fairly as one. He values each and every single one of his students, and believes they can become something greater than before. Deep down, every student before him is family. From the moment they step foot inside - to the moment of their graduation, he’ll give the world to each of his students. - If they came from a destroyed family, or grew up inside of a gang lifestyle, each of his students go on to succeed in a better life - he makes sure of it.

Teachers:
His outlook on teachers is quite similar to those of his students. Even though Teruyoshi is a stubborn, more ‘closed-off’, individual, his colleagues are forever his friends. From the day he steps foot through those gates, everyone apart of the faction is his friend. He believes in their dreams, and fully supports them throughout their career.

Teruyoshi’s personality is interesting, so to say. He’s a formal, polite man, but deep down, it seemed like he held a grudge against.. The world? - He’s the quiet one amongst the crowd, never batting an eye - seemingly turning a cold shoulder. If you really got to know him, he opened up more and really.. Revealed who he was inside. Perhaps.. He changed personalities, rather than having one for himself - or perhaps.. He didn’t have one. That’s up for you to justify. - A strange man, for sure. Crack him open, and you’ll find yourself stumped trying to figure out who he was.

As for his plans - Teruyoshi often dreams about owning his own school, dedicated to kids who can’t afford actual schooling. - A once similar situation for him, now being used to influence the younger generation.. How sweet. While that goal is further away, incapable of being grasped between his own two hands, he has a rather simple, and achievable goal.. For now. - He wants a family - to raise kids, and keep them from the evils of the world. He wants to change the world, starting with the younger generation.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
While Teruyoshi doesn’t see it as a big deal, he still has to do his job. He’d find the source of the screaming, whether it’s an individual student leading that group of delinquents, or an entire group yelling. He’d approach them, but maintain his distance, so the student’s don’t feel pressured or uncomfortable, and proceed from there. He’d ask what led to this, and explain to the students that cursing within the school walls is forbidden. - Seeing as the majority of students are younger, more under-developed, Teruyoshi would do his best to fit in and be like “one of the kids.” He’d change his tone, and the way he acts, so he’s more presentable to the younger generation, and not deemed as a bad man.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Teruyoshi is a more well-kept guy - nonchalant, in better terms. He wouldn’t raise his voice, or try to sound intimidating, but instead, as the class talked to each other, bickering back and forth, he’d sit at his desk, grading work. - If the chit-chat doesn’t side whatsoever, he’ll make his presence known, whether that’s through verbal interactions, or simply putting on a game or video. If the class quiets down, he’ll continue his lesson from there on, directing it from the end of his distraction intervention (movie or video.)

However, if the class is more rowdy, and students are fighting with each other - he’ll use his voice more, in a way of luring them out and calming them down. If the argument is between two or more students, he’ll separate them in each section of the room - whether that be corners, or designated areas. He’d individually speak to each student, asking them what’s going on, etc. Once the class has calmed down enough, he’ll take it from there. - This would work too, if it’s a singular student. - He’d pull them aside, talk to them, and break down the source of the issue - their rowdiness.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
A good portion of the time, Teruyoshi is seen reading one of his several novels, or eating his lunch. He’s been known to write his own books, too.. An author, perhaps? He’s usually seen by himself in the corner of the room. The entire faction could be inside that room, and yet, Teruyoshi kept to himself, embracing the only place he felt some sort of humanity from. - Teruyoshi isn't particularly a mean, or mysterious man, he just has his issues with meeting new people. Don’t be afraid, though, he’d love to get to know you..

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me

- First day.-
Stood from his desk, taking his pointer to his hands. His lips curled into a smile, greeting the class before him. &f”Heya! Welcome to Mr. Mizoroge’s history class.” &uused the pointer stick, gliding it along the white board beneath Kanji lettering - &a“Mr Mizoroge” &u- Teruyoshi turned his head once more, focusing on the crowd of students. &f”Let’s get started, shall we? I’ll go over a bit about myself, but for now, I’d love to learn more about each and every single one of ya!”

/me
- Helping a lost student.-
Set aside his pointing stick to his left hand, while his right pointer finger laid upon the student’s sheet. He guided his finger across the words displayed on the sheet, then down to the student’s notes. &f”I typically prefer using one hand to write notes, while the other one keeps track of the source of the notes, such as a textbook.. I understand though, as some of these textbooks are more complicated, and harder to read.” &uHe stood up, realigning his posture, before returning to the desk. He picked up a small piece of chalk, scribbling down a website, as well as chapters and pages. &f”If you’re struggling to read that, you can always pull up this website on your phone. . I’ll allow it!”

/me
-Fridays.-
Scanned the area of the classroom, laying his eyes upon the dead sea of students. He thought of an idea, clasping his hands together: &f”Alright! I think we all deserve a break from reality - how about a game of some sort? I’ve had an idea roaming around in the back of my head, and if we’re all quiet enough to not disturb others, we can get started.” &ustood from his desk - empty handed. He had forgotten his pointer? &f”Why don’t we enjoy the last hour of class on such a beautiful, chilly, Friday?” &uhe stood in front of his desk, leaning against it and pulling out his cellphone. &f”Go to /this/ website, sign in, and set your name. I’ll tell you the objective of our game, and what I’m looking for. If we’re finished early, and you all behave, I’ll take you outside for a bit, yeah?” &uissued a thumbs up at towards class, before starting.

/me
-Results-
Took out a folder from a file container, slapping it down onto his desk. Taped against the folder was the pattern: “13-B.” &f”I graded through each and every single one of the tests given to me on Friday. I adjusted the rules, meaning if you got a higher score than what you thought, I worked my magic.” &ustepped away from his desk, handing out each test result down the aisles of the desks. Each single one went by order, which he previously separated before-hand. He returned back to his desk, letting the class review the given results. - Once their focus was set back onto him, he brought his pointing stick to his hands, pointing at the bright lettering laying across the board: “RESULTS DAY.” &f”This entire class period, we will be focusing on questions, and reviewing your answers.” &uclasped his hands together firmly, presenting a smile for the class.

Backstory
(964 Words.)

Teruyoshi Mizoroge:

June 19th, 1989, Tokyo, Japan, a beautiful baby boy was born to the couple: Suzume Mizoroge and Yasashiku Mizoroge. After years of trying, Teruyoshi Mizoroge was welcome to the world as an only child. - His childhood, for the most part at least, was boring. Being the only child, his only source of interaction was with the kids at his school, which led to him becoming a really, really lonely kid. Everything in his life was fine.. - He read books, studied topics, and gradually developed an interest in History. - That wasn’t all, however.. His life would soon change.

On his 13th birthday, his parents were killed in a car accident. It was ruled an accident, as the driver that hit them was drunk.. But, Teruyoshi believed there was more to it. It left the poor boy traumatized, and even worse, .. Alone. - With no one to go home to, Teruyoshi was sent to the streets, living off of school lunch and showering in the P.E locker room. He had a portable home, which consisted of a backpack filled to the brim with clothes.. And a blanket. He thought this was the end, and maybe it would’ve been if.. -

After living on the streets for roughly 4 months, a group of men approached Teruyoshi. At first, Teruyoshi was keen on the idea of meeting someone new, as around this time, he grew apart from society, drifting away into the realms of his mind for comfort. - The men posed no threat, however, and even offered to take him in - give him shelter, clothes, and food. C’mon, no kid could resist that, right? - This turned out to be the biggest mistake he could’ve made.

After a few years of running with these guys, Teruyoshi picked up the idea that they weren’t good. He watched them commit homicides, arson, and other crimes - which he brushed off. He didn’t want to believe they were bad people, as to him, they were the only remaining family he had. He had no escape, and the only way to take his mind off them was school. He often stuck around after classes just so he didn’t have to go home to.. Those.. People.

By the time he reached the 12th grade, his life peaked. He got his first girlfriend, he got accepted into the college he wanted to go to.. But, the one thing that held him back was.. The Yakuza. They forced him to stay in Japan, and avoid traveling in fear of being exposed for who they were. The Yakuza he ran with posed as a clothing company, luring in their victims through the use of advertisement. Sounds familiar, right? - He couldn’t escape, even if he wanted to. So, in fear of his life . . And his reputation.. He stayed in Japan - going to a college across town. - He started majoring in Sociology.

On and on, he lost track of sleep due to the constant fear of being watched by.. Them. - This caused his grades to drop tremendously, which sparked the idea of dropping out and becoming one of them.. - One day, though, Teruyoshi was pulled aside by a professor of his who reminded Teruyoshi of his father. His professor noticed the sudden drop in grades, as well as the bags below his eyes. In fear of losing his student, the professor sat alongside him to discuss his grades.. As well as what was going on at ‘home.’ Teruyoshi panicked, fearing for his life once more.. But, for what reason? He was safe, right..?

Instead of telling his professor what was happening to him, Teruyoshi fled from the classroom, and dropped the class. He devoted more of his time towards the Yakuza, which spiraled into him getting into more fights, leaving behind battle scars across his whole body. He hated the way his body looked, so he covered up all of the scars across his body in ink. . Yakuza ink. He was roughly the age of 22 during this time. - He committed crimes and inflicted pain onto others.. Again, all in fear of being pushed away and ending up alone again.

Sick of this lifestyle, Teruyoshi pushed aside the Yakuza, focusing more of his time on his studies. Right before he turned 23, he’d start back up in majoring in Sociology. By now, he was helping out professors throughout the campus, and eventually getting his own part-time job to pay for college, and his apartment, since the Yakuza had stopped helping him. - Soon after receiving his associates for Sociology, he wanted a harder task. His prized possession was getting his hands on a Bachelor's degree, more so a degree in Anthropology.

Years passed, and he slowly drifted away from the Yakuza, and fell more in love with his studies. - This, however, wasn’t the last of the Yakuza. Furious in his ‘betrayal’ against them, the Yakuza sent a hit out against the only friends he had, which led to the death of his first and only girlfriend.. Heartbreaking. - Teruyoshi wanted to give up again, and fade away.. But he had come so far - he only had a little time left.. Keep going, starboy.

He continued to lose sleep, couch-hopping from place to place, terrified of the Yakuza he believed to have on his trail. - A few months go by, and he received his Bachelor’s for Anthropology. - He quit his part-time job, fled the country, and started teaching history around the globe. He hopped from country to country, at least every 6-8 months. Maybe this was the result of being hunted down.. Or maybe he wanted to experience a new lifestyle..

He currently resides in Beijing, China, where he teaches a small class of students with the help of his translator.. But, he’s arranged plans on coming to Karakura. . But.. Who knows.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Teruyoshi Mizoroge

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr (Mister)

Given Name(s):
Teru..
Yoshi..
Teriyaki…..

Preferred Name:
Teruyoshi

Age (Minimum is 27):
(June 19, 1989)

Religious Denomination:
Used to follow Shintoism back in the day, but I matured and left it.

Marital Status:
Single

Nationality:
Japanese

Current Location:
I currently reside in Beijing, China.

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):
I was a teaching assistant for a while, actually. Around the time I had turned 23, I was helping my professors in college. It wasn’t an actual job, but some called it one. - I have been working as a teacher for about 3 to 4 years, just after I completed college. Before that though, I worked at a small cafe for a few years. Other than that, I had no work history prior to. - When I worked for the cafe, it was during my years of college, one, to pay for my rent, and two, to pay for the actual college.

Academic Degree:
Associates and Bachelors

Year of Graduation:
Graduated from Waseda University, Shinjuku City, Tokyo, Japan in 2019 with both of the degrees mentioned below. Graduated from Hibiya High School, Chiyoda City, Tokyo, Japan in 2008.

Major(s):
An associates in Sociology, as well as a bachelors in Anthropology

Minors:
Social Science

Native Languages:
Japanese

Other Languages:
N/A - TBD

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
I do not, but I’m currently in the process of getting one.

Extra
This is a new character - I just decided to give him a whole life beforehand, including nicknames. I already have a few ideas I’d talk about and host inside my classroom.

Additional notes about your application:
This app is 6280 words...

Do you have any questions?:
N/A

Last edited:

Oli

Level 120
gncme
gncme
Omega
Accepted
Thank you for your application! Welcome to the Highschool Teacher faction, you'll start your journey off as an Unqualified Teacher (UT).

Once you have been given your roles in the Academics Discord you will be pinged regarding Teacher Training from a HD (Head of Department), or myself. Once you have completed training you will receive your classroom and access to start your own classes.

* If you have further questions, feel free to contact me via the teacher channels in Academics Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread