Im_LLost

What is your time zone?:
Central

What is your discord username? (eg @muffincats):
TrxKay

Link all previous applications you made on the server:
N/A

Describe your activity on SchoolRP:
Recently My activity has been super active playing 4-5 Hours a day.

Describe your roleplay experience with SchoolRP and other roleplay networks in general:
My Roleplay experiences around SRP have been just going to classes and hanging out with my friend group which is around 7+ people at the moment. Outside of SRP, I have roleplayed on several different games and servers such as Unturned, FiveM, RedM, GMod, and other Minecraft servers. On most of the servers I preferred having some roleplay situation as a service member or working for someone these positions have been mostly bartenders and cafe Owners and on FiveM, I was a Police Officer.

What are your current roles on SchoolRP:
Bachelor College Student

What is the subject you want to teach?:
I want to teach A class called "Culinary History And Application" It consists of talking about the history of culinary and how it has excelled and decreased over time like if it was changed by wars in the past or raised up in more creative time periods in the world. We also plan to talk about the different foods across the world and cook them and that is where the "Application" part comes in.

TRIVIA SECTION

What is your motivation for becoming a professor?:

My motivation for becoming a professor stems from the fact that I prefer positions where I am actively working under someone and giving a roleplay experience to someone else. I also love the environment where people are actively interacting with me and asking questions since I like to talk about things im passionate about.

Work out two interactive classes you will host if accepted:

My first interactive class would be dividing the class into teams of 3 and asking them to choose a country and cook a traditional dish from that country and write a short history of that country and the dish they cooked. I would be grading them on the paper describing their piece and how they cooked the dish they presented. I would interact with the whole class by allowing the class to taste each other's dishes and voting for who wins the Competition/Class

2. Another class could be where Students would bring a dish in that they were raised eating or is special to their family and we would all share and talk about it. This wouldn't be as much of an assignment but more of a fun and laid-back class. Extra: If the student didn't have a dish exclusive to their family, I would ask them to cook one of their favorite foods.

Work out a field trip (meaning a class outside school grounds) you will host if accepted:
A Field trip in this class would consist of going to a local restaurant and I would set it up with the owner previous to the field trip and we would talk to the owner discussing why and the history of them figuring out how to cook what they have and what makes it special to them and their restaurant.

SCENARIO SECTION

Your character would encounter a group of college jocks surrounding a bobcat jock, what would your character do?

I would start by approaching the issue and separating everything, After I did that I would make sure the scene was safe and nothing else was happening following that I would ask both sides what happened and why this was occurring. After hearing both sides no matter the issue I would bring it to a higher-up so that they could decide how they want to handle things and how they want to proceed after that

Your character would be supervising detention, one of the students constantly disturbs by asking stupid questions, what would your character do?
Laynes's approach would be first to ask the student why he is disturbing detention and ask him why they are there. Following that Layne would pull them to the side and tell them why they are in detention, and the point of detention is to express that they shouldn't do what they did again. He would stay calm and collected and reassure them that their behavior isn't appropriate and tell them that I don't want to get the administration involved but will if that becomes necessary.

Your character would be hosting a class, and a group of cheerleaders keeps on playing songs on the phone and calling out other students in the class, what would your character do?
Layne's approach would be first to walk up to the cheerleaders and remind them that this is a class, and they should focus on the lecture instead of disturbing class. If they continued what they are doing, I would tell them that I would prefer them to be quiet instead of removing them from the class or involving administration. The point of his approach would be to not get mad since no truly worrisome issue has occurred and does not require me to jump in with a more serious tone.

Your character would be walking on the school perimeter and encounter a fight between a couple of students, your character tried to break it up, but it didn't help, what would your character do?
What Layne would do is first remove all students that aren't fighting from the area telling them to back up and leave the area since student safety is number one in this situation. He would then continue by getting in between the fight and trying to stop the students from fighting using de-escalation tactics like calming them down and telling them it isn't worth it to act like this. If that proves to not work, he will continue to stay in the middle of it as he called for backup from the administration or authorities.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What is their plan for the future?

Layne is a younger teacher standing about 5'11 with white hair. What makes them unique is he does see themselves as someone above the students, but he sees himself as one of them, he is truly just sharing his knowledge on cooking that he has gathered over the years with fellow peers this isn't going to make him act unprofessional but more in a teacher that you can talk to about anything type of way. He sees the students as someone like himself who are just trying to expand their knowledge on cooking and learn more about life itself. Their outlook on students is that he is very proud of them for making this step in advancing into college and gives them the highest respect for making it this far and will continue to give them a high amount of respect. He sees the other teachers as being above them and wants to learn anything he can from them and how he can better himself as a mentor and a teacher and appeal more to the students. He carries a lifestyle of he can always learn more and become a better person from anyone, Everyone has a piece of knowledge they can pass on. Their personality is warm and welcoming with open arms he is free to talk about anything and enjoys talking about his passions it excites him any time he gets even the smallest chance to talk about his passions. While teaching he wants to eventually own a restaurant and be able to pass his food on to the community this is his true dream and he would do anything to achieve it.

Describe how your character ended up becoming a teacher and their previous life. It is optional to include earlier life but recommended.
Make sure this is over 100 words.

Layne Originally Lived in America for his childhood and in his late childhood was moving around from country to country since his father was in the Marine Special Forces this caused his father to always be on missions going to different countries. Layne always moving caused him to learn about culinary knowledge and culture all around the world. He eventually found himself loving learning about new cultures and being enveloped by new cultures in every new area he was moved to. After he finally graduated he went to college to teach and as he was in college for teaching he also worked in a restaurant as a chef so that he could continue advancing his cooking. After graduating he applied to the college in this city hoping to gain a permanent line of work so that he could settle and make a life as he further explored the field of culinary arts and history. After getting accepted into the position he applied for he began teaching classes talking about his past and telling stories of all the different areas he had been to and how their culture centered around culinary are different from others.

IN-CHARACTER SECTION
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you, replace the underscores [ _ ] with your answers)

1 - PERSONAL DATA

Full Name:

My Name is Layne Thurston
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
I prefer Mr. Thurston
Given Name(s):
Layne
Preferred Name:
Layne
I have been 18 for 9 years alright sorry sorry I am 27
Gender & pronouns:
I don't mind what people call me but I prefer Male: He/Him
Religious Denomination:
I prefer to keep my religion out of work but I am Christian non-denominational
Marital Status:
Single
Nationality:
Born in raised American
Current Location:
Karakura, Japan
SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):

2 Years
Working Experience (# of years):
9 years
Academic Degree:
Bachelors
Year of Graduation:
Major(s):
Education
Minors:
Culinary Arts, Culinary History
Native Languages:
English
Other Languages:
N/A
Preferred Teaching Subject:
Culinary
Extra
N/A
Additional notes about your application (if any):

MuffinCat

Level 78
Administrator
Professor Lead
Authorization Team
MuffinCat
MuffinCat
Rich
Denied
Thank you for taking the time to apply, unfortunately I have decided to deny this application. This is usually because other applications stood out more to us, if you'd like further details feel free to DM me on discord (@muffincats).​

Users who are viewing this thread