IGN (In-Game Name): Im_LLost

Discord Name & Tag:
TrxKay

Which timezone are you in?
Central

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
N/A

Describe your activity on the server:
In the past not at all but in the past month it has been 4+ hours a day.

What is your motivation for applying?:
I have always loved the roleplay based off the more crime side of games and worlds. I love making Justice-ridden characters that live there as cliche as it sounds to make the world a better place. I have always enjoyed playing these positions in games such as Unturned, FiveM,And more

What knowledge do you have of Police Work? IRL
I worked as security forces in the Military which is the police equivalent for the military so I would say my knowledge is pretty good considering I have actual experience in the force.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
Police is important because considering outside the school RP there is plenty of crime being done behind closed doors and in far spots. Our job as police is to try to suppress that crime and keep the citizens of the school Safe.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?:
Yes I acknowledge that.

In-Character (IC) Section

What's your character's full name?: Layne Thurston

How old is your character (if accepted)?: 20

What are your character's gender and pronouns?:
Male He/Him

Please select your highest academic role at the time of writing this application:
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):
Bachelors

What languages does your character know besides Japanese?:
English

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
My character is a 5'11 Male with a slim figure. He has dark hair with white streaks towards the front of his hair. He is a to himself person but when business strikes, he can break out of that shell immediately.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?:
Layne keeps to himself and prefers to ignore conflict but if something is going on and it's not right, he will switch into gear. When in a dangerous situation he prefers to hold back until he knows the situation is safe, he remembers what his marine father told him about always making sure that "the scene is safe" before he acts or does anything.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
He believes that teamwork is 100% and that working on your own if you do not need to will only damage things in the long run. He has always built his character on teamwork but if needed has no trouble working on his own.

What's your character's backstory?

Summary
Layne was raised in America by his father and mother. They were always moving around because his dad was a marine for the special forces and always had missions in different areas. His father wanted to make sure he was prepared for life so he would have Layne do mock versions of the Special forces workouts he would do. When he was 14, he moved to Japan for one of his father's missions and slowly grew to love the area his father left when he was 16 but Layne decided he wanted to stay in Japan and live with a family friend if that was possible. Layne ended up staying in Japan as his father continued to move around to different areas. When Layne was 17 his father passed away and Layne knew that he wanted to carry out his father's dream of joining law enforcement and living up to what his father wanted so that's where we find him on this present day, just now graduating and applying for the KPD.

Father's Last Mission
In the father's last mission he was stationed in Iraq where was doing a rescue mission on a captured combat medic in his squadron the day started like any other day he woke up early in the morning with the rest of his fellow soldiers they got all packed up and went outside the stationed base. They got a few clicks outside of their base when out of nowhere an ambush attacked out of nowhere right after their vehicle hit an IED this caused them to be overwhelmed by enemy troops and without a vehicle to escape with after this sad ending of a mission this was the cause of Layne's father "Jonathan Thurston" And his death. This caused Layne to go into a spiral he felt shame in himself that he couldn't complete what his father had wanted in time he truly was not at fault because he was not old enough, but he still found some way to blame himself. This shame he brought to himself slowly tackled away at his life causing him to slip in school and eventually go down a bad road of not trying to accomplish anything in his life. This wasn't until where his family friend who lived in Japan sought to help him out, they would go out to eat and go bowling and do tons of different activities. His families outlook on it was that "your father is still proud of the amazing man you have become and hes still up there watching over you I bet he would love to see you still become a police officer and achieve his dreams even now. This started a slow spiral up where he slowly picked himself up worked harder in school all the way up to the point where he finally applied for the KPD.

General knowledge

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura? No in this area you can not legally own a pocket knife it is not allowed.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription.
Bandage- It is used to help with cuts or wounds and has no way to abuse or need to put a Watch on it
Glasses- Uses lenses to alter people's visions and help/correct them
Cane- Used to help people and assist them with walking or standing up.
Cough Syrup- It is commonly used for the flu and other kinds of low-level sickness.
Eye Patch- Used to cover up an eye after surgery/Injury that should avoid absorbing light.

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do? Depending on if it was a situation where I was isolated or not would change my action significantly assuming I was by myself with these Co-workers. I would quickly approach my coworkers and make them stop and after I made sure they stopped, and that the inmate was safe and healthy I would report them to my supervisor.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
Depending on the situation if it was an immediate threat and something I could handle or something that required back up if it was something I could handle I would rush in to help them and after I helped them make sure the scene was safe and that they were healthy I would report the situation to my supervisor. If it was something that I couldn't handle I would call up for backup, then sprint in to help my fellow officer.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
I would not approach them because that would be dangerous and cause unneeded harm then I would report them to someone above me. It is important that I don't directly confront it cause this could be dangerous for myself and my fellow officers if I were to talk to management about it we could think together to find the best way to confront the problem and make sure we solve it with the least casualties possible.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
I would decline the bribe then remind them that bribing is an illegal offense then I would continue to arrest them then also alert my fellow coworkers and management that they attempted to bribe me. The report is important because if I don't alert higher-ups of the case and the thought of a bribe is brought up and they didn't know about it, it could look bad and seem like I considered it.

Report Edit

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team
has decided to unfortunately deny your application to join our faction.​

We appreciate your efforts and your motivation to join our faction, but
we have made this decision based on the following reason(s)

COMPETENCE
-
Due to the vast amount of applicants that try their best to get into the
faction, we sometimes have to deny good applicants because there are
others that have been deemed as better choices, whether it's due to
server reputation or due to the detail that was put to their application.

DETAIL
-
Although we don't deny your will to join the faction, detail is a great
way to show off your interest. Therefore, we recommend spending more
time to try and re-elaborate your application so that it shows off you're
truly engaged in trying to join us!

- A decisive factor that influences our decision is server reputation. We tend
to pick players who have been in the server for a while, and that have a
relatively clean history. We suggest applying for other factions / community
teams to improve how other players see you and boost your chances at
becoming part of our faction!

ADDITIONAL NOTES